PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 announced For PC as well as Socom for the PS3

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Socom - http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159593

Starcraft 2 - http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcraft2/news.html?sid=6171170&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXoekeDIW8

Amazing games, and Socom is finally going back to the old maps and no vehicles.

Very good news.

Ewing
05-19-2007, 11:40 AM
LOL @ Six Hundred Dollar BluRay Player

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 11:45 AM

They actually lose money selling the systems I'm pretty sure, its actually a $600 item that goes cheap believe it or not.

Smokey Joe
05-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I can't wait for Socom. Looks like is will be the great game it used to be again. It will be a multiplayer game only, but I have no problem with that as I usually only play multiplayer.

Smokey Joe
05-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Don't you look stupid now. BluRay DVD players go for up to a couple grand. At 600 dollars, you'd be better off buying the PS3 then just a bluray player.

Ewing
05-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Don't you look stupid now. BluRay DVD players go for up to a couple grand. At 600 dollars, you'd be better off buying the PS3 then just a bluray player.

Let me know when they have some games that aren't coming out for either the Wii or 360. Face it, all the good titles that are coming out on the PS3 are coming out on the other two systems. It's a failure on a massive level.

frogstomp
05-19-2007, 11:56 AM
They actually lose money selling the systems I'm pretty sure, its actually a $600 item that goes cheap believe it or not.

They lose around $200 per system. The 360 started off losing around $120, but now makes money due to lower production costs. The PS3 will probably be making the company money per unit sold around the beginning of '08.

In fact, the only system that made the company money from the getgo is the Wii, and the Wii is the best selling system of all (not overall, because the 360 had a 10 million unit headstart, but on a month to month basis it is kicking the 360 and the PS3 to the curb).

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I have all 3 and the one I bought with my own money (360) is the one I am the most disappointed with...

The PS3 doesn't have all of their amazing titles out, and it also has the ability to remake FF7 which would alone get probably 500,000 units sold to those who don't have it, believe me, Asian's love their Final Fantasy.

Socom is yet to come out, Metal Gear Solid, God of War....

There are so many good games that haven't came out yet, and what was so AMAZING about the 360 when it came out? Nothing... There wasn't a single game until Oblivion or Gears of War that made the system a must have, and Oblivion is on more than one system...

At least PS3 launched with Resistance which is amazing.

PACKmanN
05-19-2007, 12:12 PM
woot woot socom back!! they better not let us down like the last 2 years.

frogstomp
05-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I have all 3 and the one I bought with my own money (360) is the one I am the most disappointed with...

The PS3 doesn't have all of their amazing titles out, and it also has the ability to remake FF7 which would alone get probably 500,000 units sold to those who don't have it, believe me, Asian's love their Final Fantasy.

There are so many good games that haven't came out yet, and what was so AMAZING about the 360 when it came out? Nothing... There wasn't a single game until Oblivion or Gears of War that made the system a must have, and Oblivion is on more than one system...

Yeah, don't get me started on which is the superior console, because I only have five minutes before I have to go. All I'll say is, when I look at the exclusive games coming for the 360 (Splinter Cell, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Too Human, Shadowrun, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Huxley) and compare them to the PS3 (MGS4, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Tekken, Socom, Starcraft,... umm... top of my head, not much else...) the 360 has a highly superior line up to come.

Also, never mention "PS3" and "console sales" in the same sentence, unless you want to hear about how amazingly bad the PS3 is doing. Hell, last month, it didn't even make it to 100 000 units sold... and it sold around half of the units the 360 sold.

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I Dont think starcraft is coming out for ps3, my title was misleading as hell thats my fault.

Starcraft 2 is coming out for PC, unless they decide to release it for PS3 too, which would pretty cool, but I like RTS on the PC.

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Also Frog I respect your opinion, it's just that most of the 360 games don't interest me, I'm a huge Socom and Final Fantasy fan, so those two games beat out Halo easily for me, but that being said, the only reason i have a 360 is for Halo 3.

The only reason I mentioned PS3 sales was if FF7 gets remade a ton of units will sell.

critesy
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
sc 2!!!

yay omfg yay

fenikz
05-19-2007, 01:21 PM
i want a wii, they are still selling out which is ridiculous, they make 300,000 a month and they sell 300,000 a month

comahan
05-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Good lord, stop with the system debating.

iworshipbender
05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Also Frog I respect your opinion, it's just that most of the 360 games don't interest me, I'm a huge Socom and Final Fantasy fan, so those two games beat out Halo easily for me, but that being said, the only reason i have a 360 is for Halo 3.

The only reason I mentioned PS3 sales was if FF7 gets remade a ton of units will sell.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864.html

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864.html

I knew that might happen I read it before, I used to work at a game store ;)

Anyways, I really think that if FF7 were to be remade it would be for the PS3 only, I knew about the possibility of FF13 going on the 360.

awfullyquiet
05-19-2007, 04:26 PM

they Sq-E really just should re-release FF7. They have the framework already set up, the music written, the dialogue written. Now they just need to port it, and on the white engine, mmmm.... Re-record the music in full HD sound, beef up the cut-scenes. and you'll have a game that will easily sell 500k more units. and then everyone will have a ps3 by the time FFXIII comes out (which will kick ass toriyama is awesome, and it should come out late 2008...)

that's all.
asian's don't just love FF. we also love DDR.

soybean
05-19-2007, 04:32 PM
sc 2!!!

yay omfg yay

i know huh? how long have people been waiting for this? it better not be a dissapointment.

TH3
05-19-2007, 04:37 PM
They lose around $200 per system. The 360 started off losing around $120, but now makes money due to lower production costs. The PS3 will probably be making the company money per unit sold around the beginning of '08.

In fact, the only system that made the company money from the getgo is the Wii, and the Wii is the best selling system of all (not overall, because the 360 had a 10 million unit headstart, but on a month to month basis it is kicking the 360 and the PS3 to the curb).

didn't you retire? (not that i might just curious if you made a comeback)

awfullyquiet
05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
i know huh? how long have people been waiting for this? it better not be a dissapointment.

what was the last thing blizzard has done that sucked? seriously? they have yet to put anything out bad since warcraft?

remember starcraft: ghost? haha. how about WC: lord of the clans back in 99?

yep. if it's bad, they don't put it out. so it has to be awesome.
they won't let SC be bad. they can't. this is their flagship. they will put every available woman and man and child on this program until it's perfect. speaking of which, i have a massive urge to play SC after watching that.

critesy
05-19-2007, 04:50 PM
i still think i may like the original and brood war better though, just because it is the original

p.s. this is weird because i just started up sc again like 1 month ago

soybean
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
what was the last thing blizzard has done that sucked? seriously? they have yet to put anything out bad since warcraft?

remember starcraft: ghost? haha. how about WC: lord of the clans back in 99?

yep. if it's bad, they don't put it out. so it has to be awesome.
they won't let SC be bad. they can't. this is their flagship. they will put every available woman and man and child on this program until it's perfect. speaking of which, i have a massive urge to play SC after watching that.

yeah, sad thing is the original casted a huge shadow. I think that's why it took so long to even announce the 2nd one. I wonder if it'll be anything like warcraft 3.

PoopSandwich
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
There was a rumor that this announcement today was going to be World of Starcraft, which would be an MMO that had a starcraft setting which would have been really cool.

I am very happy with SC2 though.

Draft King
05-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Damn, looks like the wait for D3 shall continue, am I the only fan here?

awfullyquiet
05-19-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah, sad thing is the original casted a huge shadow. I think that's why it took so long to even announce the 2nd one. I wonder if it'll be anything like warcraft 3.

DOTA!
oh man.

my guy friends probably have **** stains in their pants.

bantx
05-19-2007, 07:06 PM
yay for sc2 go sc original :]

Namy
05-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Starcraft 2 is such a big announcement in Korea it's not even funny...

Sportsfan486
05-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Starcraft 2 is such a big announcement in Korea it's not even funny...

There are television stations dedicated to showing Starcraft matches.

Can't blame them, such a great game.

Shiver
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Any motivation to buy a PS3, for me, died when all of their so called "exclusives" defected to my Xbox 360.

Paul
05-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Any motivation to buy a PS3, for me, died when all of their so called "exclusives" defected to my Xbox 360.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is all they have left . Unfortunately Metal Gear is the only video game I play aside Madden and Live. I need to finish the trilogy.

PoopSandwich
05-20-2007, 01:11 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 is all they have left . Unfortunately Metal Gear is the only video game I play aside Madden and Live. I need to finish the trilogy.

I thought Metal Gear might also be released on 360 as well?

I could be wrong but I could have sworn I heard that.