PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Hangartner Story

BlindSite
05-19-2007, 05:57 PM
He's only a backup, but I thought this was a truly heartwarming story when I read it:

Just wanted to mention something I read in the Green Bay Press Gazette about Geoff Hangartner a few months back. (Sorry, just haven't had time to post it, I'll try and see if there is a link somewhere. But it is a story about Terrance Murphy the Packers 2nd round draft pick out of Texas A&M whose career was cut short early in his rookie season by a Thomas Davis hit on a Monday night game.

It goes on to say that after the game he (hangartner) had the Panthers personnel track down where Murphy was staying at at the Hospital and stayed with him during the night, long after all the Packers personnel were well on the way back to Green Bay. He stayed with Murphy into the morning until his mother arrived at the hospital so he wouldn't be alone. They were teammates in college and knew each other but said they really didn't hang around together in college. That is the true meaning of a team mate...

Nitschke-Hawk
05-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow, big props to him.

Ravens1991
05-19-2007, 11:03 PM
that is nice.

Caddy
05-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Good story. It it truly a tragedy when a players career is ended tragically early as Murphy's was.

JustJoe2k5
05-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Great story. I hated to hear about Terrance Murphy's injury.