PDA

View Full Version : Grade Brian Billick

Ravens1991
05-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I was wondering what all of your opinions are about him.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-20-2007, 01:47 AM
He is one of the best head coaches in the NFL, Im hoping he stays with us for many many years.

nobodyinparticular
05-20-2007, 01:57 AM
He's supposed to be the QB guru, but can't find a good QB to play well... Eh...

niel89
05-20-2007, 03:46 AM
i find it hard to give him a grade for some reason. i really like him though. he seems like a players coach in that he will ask for their opinion and work with them, but he also will not hesitate to get on a players ass if he is slacking in practice. he really wants to do whats best for the team as seen by getting rid of Fassel even though he was a friend of his. he definetly will speak his mind to the media and tell them how he feel, i love that even though it rubs some people the wrong way. some would say he could be held responsible for what happened in the playoffs.

overall i really like him. his is a personality and hey it could be a lot worse (see the giants)

Ravens1991
05-20-2007, 09:13 AM
He is one of the best head coaches in the NFL, Im hoping he stays with us for many many years.

lets not go overboard here, when was the last time we won a playoff game, I think Billick is a OK coach but not that good.

dcarey20
05-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I think he's a very good coach and I can't believe how many people jumped off his bandwagon after 1 playoff game last year.

America
05-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I like him a lot. He's really intelligent, and I like the way he talks about the team. I think players like playing for him. I liked how he took things into his hands last year.

Ravens1991
05-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I think he's a very good coach and I can't believe how many people jumped off his bandwagon after 1 playoff game last year.

I think a lot of it is because he was brought in as a offensive genius and since our super bowl season the only thing that has held up back is the offense. Not to mention the last playoff game we won was in the season after we won the superbowl I believe.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
B+, his hair a D

Ravens1991
05-20-2007, 12:10 PM
lol remember a couple of seasons ago when he had a beard.

Yung Flippa
05-20-2007, 02:39 PM
B+, his hair a D

I agree but I give his hair a D-

ChefMike
05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I think some outsiders would look at Billick and say he is overrated... few playoff wins since the Super Bowl year, came to the Ravens as an offensive guru and during his tenure has yet to have fielded a great offense, nor has he developed a good QB during that same time.

Now as those are facts one must look at it another way. A mark of a great coach, he has developed his players and his coaches around him making them better, Brian trusts his front office and lets them bring him players that are the best available and makes a fine wine with what grapes are provided to him. He represents the Team well in front of the camera and displays a level of professionalism that is second to none. If you look at other coaches that have had success that make waves like Dennis Green the Head Coach he coached under before coming to Baltimore he has never had success for those reasons that make Brian successful.

We always say in Ozzie we trust ... well in Brian I trust !!!

EdReedUnstoppable
05-20-2007, 06:31 PM
lets not go overboard here, when was the last time we won a playoff game, I think Billick is a OK coach but not that good.

So its his fault McNair sucked it up in the playoffs? And its his fault Anthony Wright sucked it up the last time we were in the playoffs before that?

Ravens1991
05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
How many QB has Billick gone through as the starting QB, if he have gone threw a ton of QB like Billick and he is a "QB Guru" I am just wondering if maybe he really isnt a QB guru. BTW ERU what has he done for you to consider him a elite NFL coach.

jkpigskin
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM
idk
the qb guru thing was totally wrong, but i think he hasnt has the tools to strut his stuff here
though we had elvis and he totally imploded

i really like billick, hes a motivator and when he talks, you listen, i hope he stays our coach for a long time

mikedoobie
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Billick is a great coach he has some of the best relationships with his players and they have trust in his philosophies and very well should. he is one of the smartest HC and is a great motivator. But one thing bugs me about him he may possibly be the most stubborn coach ever, it goes back to his great relationship with players over the years and he gets to a point like now, where we know Chris Chester should start over Mike Flynn,, but will he??? Grubbs over Vincent?? both i see as better players but Billick may stick with them through it all because Flynn has been there so long, but its Vincents job to loose now. Also jamal lewis a couple years ago with chester taylor who would run great behind our line but we still kept Jamal in and never once started Chester. But Billick is a great Coach and i would like to see him here for a while. And he has a great relationship with the scouts and Staff up top unlike some organizations which leads to bad drafts and futile seasons

America
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
there is an upside to what he does with players like Flynn. The older guys are much happier when the guys they have been playing with stick around.

ccB
05-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I like Brian Billicks screw da hatazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

EdReedUnstoppable
05-21-2007, 03:51 AM
How many QB has Billick gone through as the starting QB, if he have gone threw a ton of QB like Billick and he is a "QB Guru" I am just wondering if maybe he really isnt a QB guru. BTW ERU what has he done for you to consider him a elite NFL coach.

Look at his record, look at the fact that he makes us competitive every year.

Also how did he become a "QB guru" when did he ever take a young QB and make them special? I don't know who gave him the "QB guru" status but it would be a bad label to begin with.

BigDawg819
05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Brian Billick = The Greatest Coach Ever!

RavensFan
05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
big dawg the more i come here the more i disagree with what you say..no offense..i agree with some stuff

BigDawg819
05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
big dawg the more i come here the more i disagree with what you say..no offense..i agree with some stuff

Am I supposed to care what your opinions are on my posts? Did you just post to vent that opinion or did you actually have a view on the topic at hand?

Once again Brian Billick = Greatest Coach Ever!

Ravens1991
05-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Look at his record, look at the fact that he makes us competitive every year.

Also how did he become a "QB guru" when did he ever take a young QB and make them special? I don't know who gave him the "QB guru" status but it would be a bad label to begin with.

He definetly came into Baltimore as a offensive genius. I say we get somebody who can actually run a offense effectivly and let billick be the coach because a lot of Players like.

BigDawg819
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
He definetly came into Baltimore as a offensive genius. I say we get somebody who can actually run a offense effectivly and let billick be the coach because a lot of Players like.

So he came in as an "offensive genius"? He brought us a Title and has used our strength on defense instead of complaining about how the team didn't build an offense for him. This crying about a title he earned with the Vikings is ******** and needs to be dropped. Coach has a blank check in my mind and can do what he does until he says otherwise.

Brian Billick = The Greatest Coach Ever!

mikedoobie
05-21-2007, 05:31 PM
there is an upside to what he does with players like Flynn. The older guys are much happier when the guys they have been playing with stick around.

But tyhere is a pointg to how long you can keep a player in there to please a teammate or two, Flynn has been repedeatly been getting beat the past two years and if he is in there more then half the year starting I blame that on Billicks stubborness to his veteran players. But as i said he is a great coach and there is only one guy id want to see replace him in the near future and thats Kirk ferentz.

ccB
05-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Billick did pretty good when he took over calling plays on offense last year, just saying.

Who could we get that would come in and do better than Billick right away. Changing coaches would be stupid. Brian Billick turned this franchise around I dont see any reason why he should be gone. "He was supposed to be an offensive guru" So what we are winning and have been winning under Billick, no need for a change.

Ravens1991
05-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I agree that brining in a new coach would screw up our veteran team, I just think since our offense have never been that good that we should bring in a O-coordinator that has expierence as a great O-coordinator and let him run the offense.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-21-2007, 06:32 PM
But tyhere is a pointg to how long you can keep a player in there to please a teammate or two, Flynn has been repedeatly been getting beat the past two years and if he is in there more then half the year starting I blame that on Billicks stubborness to his veteran players. But as i said he is a great coach and there is only one guy id want to see replace him in the near future and thats Kirk ferentz.

Just something to add I hate Mike Flynn as much as the next guy but the big reason Chris Chester isn't the outright starting center is Chris Chester. He doesn't know the line calls as well as Flynn, and he will in time but thats an extremely important part of the offensive line working as a cohesive unit.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-21-2007, 06:33 PM

Not hard to be an offensive genious with Randall Cunningham, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Robert Smith.

Ravens1991
05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Not hard to be an offensive genious with Randall Cunningham, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Robert Smith.

exactly, his claim to fame was being a offensive genius, we need to bring in a person who can actually work a offense because our offense hasnt been anything special and he is in charge, he has the final say since he is the head coach. He really isnt a offensive genius and I think we need to bring one in.

America
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't think we need an offensive genious. I'd hate for the Ravens to change to an offensive team. If our offense could have had a few more big plays, we would have been significantly better. Just one or two more a game would have made a significant difference, cause a lot of times you score on that drive or at least are in FG range.

Ravens1991
05-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I never said anything about switching our team around to be offensive minded, I mean bringing in a guy that will get us more points on offense.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-21-2007, 09:02 PM
When Billick took over the play calling last year the offensive moved the ball fine even with a QB who can't throw so I'm completely happy with Brian Billick.

Ravens1991
05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Yea wasnt our sacks we got to the sacks we gave up something like 27 to 1 with the one sack coming when Boller tripped over his own feet. (A jab at McNair then a jab at Boller I just had to get that in there). If Billick wants to call the plays next year I guess I can live with that, but If he doesnt I wont care if we spend some $ to get a O-coordinator with a history of getting points.

BigDawg819
05-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Stop complaining about getting an offensive coordinator! Jesus Christ can Rick Neuheisel actually run the offense for more then just the OTA's before people ***** about the lack of points please! By the way Neuheisel is the offensive coordinator and this will be his first year so I thought I should tell you all since some of you are speaking as if we don't have an offensive coordinator.

Ravens1991
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Stop complaining about getting an offensive coordinator! Jesus Christ can Rick Neuheisel actually run the offense for more then just the OTA's before people ***** about the lack of points please! By the way Neuheisel is the offensive coordinator and this will be his first year so I thought I should tell you all since some of you are speaking as if we don't have an offensive coordinator.

Why should I stop complaining about getting a offensive coordinator when we havent had a working offensive, I wasnt bitching about Neuheisel I just want a offense that can get points.

Troj2man
05-22-2007, 04:46 PM

You're right, Neuheisel is the offensive coordinator. But, he only has the title. Brian Billick will still be calling the plays. I would like to see what Neuheisel could do calling the plays, but for now at least it looks like we will not be able to see that this coming season.

Ravens1991
05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=11460

Billick will still be calling plays, I think it will be good because our best offense was when he was calling plays, plus we will be looking to go deep more.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=11460

Billick will still be calling plays, I think it will be good because our best offense was when he was calling plays, plus we will be looking to go deep more.

Then we'll need to start Kyle or Troy.