PDA

View Full Version : which cb is better

Hines
05-20-2007, 12:44 PM
the top two corners the past two classes r tj bryant and eric berry.

my question is which one will become a better player?

Don Vito
05-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I am a huge Eric Berry fan, I think he is one of the best CB recruits in the past few years. He is almost physically complete as a high school senior, he is my favorite CB prospect since Paul Oliver. TJ Bryant looks good as well, by I want to see his senior season before I say he's better than Berry.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-20-2007, 01:24 PM
TJ Bryant..

Lincoln has produced a few good DBs.. Cromartie comes to mind as one of them.

I think they both will be very good though.

reese
05-21-2007, 12:41 AM
with berry being so fast and as big as he is id say him...he also reminds me of oliver cuz of his size..i met him at uts spring game and he is very big to be a corner

reese
05-21-2007, 12:41 AM
im not sayin size and speed make the player either...but he is pretty damn good too and with him being that fast and big id say he has more potential

DoWnThEfiElD
05-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Its Eric Berry for sure... but Bryant still has his whole senior season so you can say the jury is out on him. Also P. Johnson, and Cissoko also could make a push for the number one corner spot in this class.

Jimmy
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
eric berry.. they are saying he has the tools to be a good one

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-21-2007, 04:56 PM

They're saying that about Bryant too & hundreds of other players.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 05:01 PM

He's about the 50 millionth CB to have that said about him. I'll believe it when I see it.

Btw, Jerry Rice pwned some CB on Rivals. Completely turned him around on a route.

504 to ATL
05-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I dont think either of them really relied on knowledge of the game, just their physical prowess, and from that standpoint I would go ahead and say Berry.

I havent seen enough tape on EJ, plus he has not had his senior year yet as stated above.

Music and Football
05-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I'll reserve judgment on the question until TJ plays his senior year, but he is getting more hype from the Lincoln crowd than Cromartie or Watkins ever got. His hype is Fred Rouse levels.

gstock05
05-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm going ahead with Berry by a good margin. Bryant is good, but he's not the athlete Berry is. Berry is champ-Baileyesque in his athleticism. Who knows if he'll ever get there, but he easily has the tools.

DoWnThEfiElD
05-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going ahead with Berry by a good margin. Bryant is good, but he's not the athlete Berry is. Berry is champ-Baileyesque in his athleticism. Who knows if he'll ever get there, but he easily has the tools.

I agree with every bit of that.

And to be honest, this may sound a little homerish, but people who have seen him should argee that Bryant is the top corner by default, Most people would argee that Cissoko given two or three more inches would be the clear number one corner this year.

elway777
05-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Eric Berry has the potential to be the next Champ Bailey.

reese
05-27-2007, 12:57 PM

thats alot to say about someone who has never played a down in college...bailey is hands down the best corner in the nfl...one of the best ever really so i dont se how u can say somethin like that

gstock05
05-27-2007, 03:36 PM
thats alot to say about someone who has never played a down in college...bailey is hands down the best corner in the nfl...one of the best ever really so i dont se how u can say somethin like that

Well lets see. Berry is as tall, has the hips, and may have even better speed than Bailey.

I believe you skipped over that word called potential. Doesn't mean he will absolutely be as good as Champ.

reese
05-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Well lets see. Berry is as tall, has the hips, and may have even better speed than Bailey.

I believe you skipped over that word called potential. Doesn't mean he will absolutely be as good as Champ.

ok well anyway it was a stupid statement...every year u can find a corner coming out that has the height and speed and hips to be good but that doesnt make it make sense to compare them to the best in the league

DoWnThEfiElD
05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
ok reese what i think people are saying is that Berry could be a Bailey type player, he has the potential. Nobody is saying he is the next in line to be the best corner in the NFL. With the tools he has, which no corner has had since i've followed recruiting, he has the ability to be a Bailey type corner, in college.

princefielder28
05-28-2007, 09:38 AM

Let's not go overboard on this

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-28-2007, 11:07 AM
TJ Bryant looks like Nate Clements.

reese
05-28-2007, 02:20 PM
downthefield....tell me this...on here berrys height and weight and hips are enuf for him to be compared to bailey but in another forem about taylor mays u say that he shouldnt be compared to sean taylor becuz he hasnt done anything on the field like sean taylor except for be about the same size....

DoWnThEfiElD
05-28-2007, 02:42 PM
your right and thats why i say he has the tools to be good, as does Taylor, and both of them have done jack on the field. I also think that Berry is a once every 4 years CB prospect. I never said Berry is the next Bailey, thats dumb, because he has a long way to go. Get this i'm in no way comparing anything they have done on the field, all i am saying is measuribles.

The comparison of Berry to Bailey is more for the arguement of Bryant vs. Berry. I'm not just starting a thread and comparing Berry and Bailey, you have to take the comparison in context. Its a reference for the skill set of Berry compared to Byrant.

reese
05-28-2007, 02:51 PM
your right and thats why i say he has the tools to be good, as does Taylor, and both of them have done jack on the field. I also think that Berry is a once every 4 years CB prospect. I never said Berry is the next Bailey, thats dumb, because he has a long way to go. Get this i'm in no way comparing anything they have done on the field, all i am saying is measuribles.

The comparison of Berry to Bailey is more for the arguement of Bryant vs. Berry. I'm not just starting a thread and comparing Berry and Bailey, you have to take the comparison in context. Its a reference for the skill set of Berry compared to Byrant.

funny how u said berry was a once in every 4 year prospect becuz when u said u hadnt seen another like him in awhile i thought of a guy that came out four years ago with pretty much the same measurables...paul oliver...but anyway i see what ur sayin i just have a a small pet peeve when ppl say someone is the "next" anyone....the term is just used too much...and im not sayin u said it but ppl do alot

DoWnThEfiElD
05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't follow recruiting when Oliver came out, but i totally agree with the peeve of lofty comparison being thrown around just for the sake of throwing them around.

NittanyLion2k7
05-29-2007, 12:53 PM
The top 2 CB's from the last 2 classes would actually be A.J. Wallace and Eric Berry.

T.J. Bryant is the top CB tenatively for the 2008 class. That's the current class, not the last two. Seeing as how the rankings are very premature, he may not even end up as the top CB.

If you want to have a CB show off against Eric Berry, A.J. Wallace might be a better match. A.J. is closer to him in weight and speed, but slightly taller.

I haven't seen Berry play but I will say that A.J. is still pretty raw. I'm sure he has the physical tools but his development needs work. He either hasn't shored up on his technique or the nuances since he's not holding the starting spot going into the Fall. Part of that though is the fact that A.J. played the "Justin King" of 2006, returning punts and playing offense his first year.

-black
06-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Bryant because he will continue the tradition of great FSU CB's;)

honestly though, its kind of dumb to ask this question before TJ has yet to play a game of his senior season