PDA

View Full Version : 2004 draft

Hines
05-20-2007, 01:10 PM
if deangelo hall, dunta robinson, roy williams, and ben roethlisburger was all at the 11th spot, would you still have chosen big ben?

it woulda been hard for me cuz i woulda liked hall and williams
tough call

Mr. Stiller
05-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Looking back now?

I don't think it's a question that I would take Roeth.

Lets see, DeAngelo is overrated, Dunta is great, but he's not a leader or difference maker. Roy Williams is just coming on the last year. Which in our case means..

No superbowl and more seasons of Tommy Maddox.

Smooth Criminal
05-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I think he meant then.

Rumor was that Cowher wanted to trade up to get Dunta.

Mr. Stiller
05-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I think he meant then.

Rumor was that Cowher wanted to trade up to get Dunta.

I'm glad we didn't. Then, I would've probably wanted Ben/Dunta. The others wouldn't have fit.

PittPete
05-21-2007, 09:48 AM
As I recall, Ben was supposed to be either the first or second pick in the draft. The Steelers, needing a qb, were looking hard at Rivers, and raving about his upside. This seemed to cause a ripple where Rivers stock shot up and somehow people began comparing him favorably to Ben. Nobody in the world however thought Ben would fall to us at 11. I actually thought we were going to take Shawn Andrews, whom we had in for evaluation just before the draft. Cowhers **** eating grin tells the whole story of Ben being there for us. We haven't had the position of drafting a franchise qb since we passed on Marino and this was our best draft pick of the last 25 years.

steelernation77
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
you always pick the franchise QB if you need one.

Hall is incredibly overrated. I was at the Atlanta game (what a freakin' dissapointment) and he could not tackle at all. Willie shoved him right out of the way.

mikehop05
05-24-2007, 06:21 PM
As I recall, Ben was supposed to be either the first or second pick in the draft. The Steelers, needing a qb, were looking hard at Rivers, and raving about his upside. This seemed to cause a ripple where Rivers stock shot up and somehow people began comparing him favorably to Ben. Nobody in the world however thought Ben would fall to us at 11. I actually thought we were going to take Shawn Andrews, whom we had in for evaluation just before the draft. Cowhers **** eating grin tells the whole story of Ben being there for us. We haven't had the position of drafting a franchise qb since we passed on Marino and this was our best draft pick of the last 25 years.

couldnt have said it better myself

and i still can recall that **** eating grim of cowhers haha