PDA

View Full Version : Justin Miller Arrested

Jimmy
05-20-2007, 05:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896

Justin Miller was arrested.. wow... roger needs to start doing something. guility or not, its a bad rep for the league

nevertheless, it was a third degree misdemeanor, which is very low on the "crime" scale.

he punched the woman by accident

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Atleast it wasn't as severe as some other cases and it's not a Bengal either

Xonraider
05-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Poor woman.

Moses
05-20-2007, 05:27 PM
This is barely a blip on the radar. He was in a fist fight in a night club and inadvertly hit a woman. He'll do a bit of community service (which he's likely doing already) and it'll be over with. This is the type of thing that the league will overlook in my opinion.

remix 6
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
This is barely a blip on the radar. He was in a fist fight in a night club and inadvertly hit a woman. He'll do a bit of community service (which he's likely doing already) and it'll be over with. This is the type of thing that the league will overlook in my opinion.

you sure?
-he swung at a man but missed..hit a lady
-he fleed police

i dont think Deion Sanders could escape the police..why try J Mill?

Windy
05-20-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.aking.missingsaddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/OJ.jpg

Jay
05-20-2007, 05:33 PM
The swing and miss I think they can look past, running from the cops the absolutely can not.

Moses
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
you sure?
-he swung at a man but missed..hit a lady
-he fleed police

i dont think Deion Sanders could escape the police..why try J Mill?

A fight at a night club is something that happens probably thousands of times a night on weekends. Everytime I'm at a club there's usually at least one altercation. Most of the time the people who were fighting are just kicked out of the club. There is no police involvement.

The cops will slap him with some community service and it'll be done with. The fact that he tried to evade police obviously makes this a lot worse but it's still manageable and he'll likely just get a fine and community service. This is minor compared to a lot of the stuff going on in the NFL.

remix 6
05-20-2007, 05:38 PM
A fight at a night club is something that happens probably thousands of times a night on weekends. Everytime I'm at a club there's usually at least one altercation. Most of the time the people who were fighting are just kicked out of the club. There is no police involvement.

The cops will slap him with some community service and it'll be done with. The fact that he tried to evade police obviously makes this a lot worse but it's still manageable and he'll likely just get a fine and community service. This is minor compared to a lot of the stuff going on in the NFL.

maybe thats waht cops will do but Enforcer Goodell might have something to say

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 05:42 PM
maybe thats waht cops will do but Enforcer Goodell might have something to say

It's an isolated incident for Miller and the New York Jets in general so I don't see an penalties in the future. Now if this becomes something of a reoccurence then Goddell may have to take action but nothing needs to be done at this point in time.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 05:48 PM
I think you're highly underestimating Goodell right now, he's a hard ass and even though it's not really a big story, he's going to crack down on this stuff.

ncstateviking
05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
true. but he needs to make sure not to cross the line between hardass and power crazy. if he starts taking action for incidents this small, he will lose the support of the players union.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 05:52 PM
I think you're highly underestimating Goodell right now, he's a hard ass and even though it's not really a big story, he's going to crack down on this stuff.

But if you look at PacMan and Chris Henry they have had a whole slat of things that they've done wrong and Tank Johnson the same thing. I would find it hard to believe that he would punish a player like Justin Miller with game suspensions due to one isolated incident. Now in the future if there's more bad news around Miller then a punishment can be handed down but at this point there's no reason to penalize a player for ONE minor mistake.

Philliez01
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Goodell really wants to send his message across about problems within the NFL off the field. This isn't a major deal, as Miller hasn't had any problems as far as I could remember so I don't see Goodell handing out any punishment.

Remember though, Pacman's lawyer (if he sues the NFL) will look at every suspension / crime committed but considering Pacman was in quite a few incidents; I doubt there's any substance to this.

remix 6
05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
i hope hes suspended week 1. we dont need him KRing against us

JetMan
05-20-2007, 10:41 PM
It's an isolated incident for Miller and the New York Jets in general so I don't see an penalties in the future. Now if this becomes something of a reoccurence then Goddell may have to take action but nothing needs to be done at this point in time.

Not exactly, Miller was arrested a week before the draft in 2005 and slid into the second round because of it. Also, Adrian Jones a backup OL was arrested a few months ago for DWI.

I think with the way that Mangini has been talking up his "high character guys" that Miller will not be with the Jets in a few months.
Besides for kick returns, Miller really doesn't bring much to the table and even got beat out by a 6th round rookie for the majority of the season.

And on a side note, not to jump to conclusions, but I don't condone any pro athele from any sport for punching someone. They are pro athletes for a reason and I used to work in the health field and have seen people die from blunt blows to the head and that includes fists and one punch.

But whatever, the Jets need to add talent not subtract it.

FREE MILLER........

bored of education
05-20-2007, 10:50 PM
When are the cops going to arrest a caucasian go for being an NFL player

The Legend
05-20-2007, 10:51 PM
i hope he pays a fine and does lose anytime

hes a joy to watch as a kick returner

Ewing
05-20-2007, 10:52 PM
You know what's funny? Justil sounds like it good be a real name.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 12:25 AM

Maybe when they start breaking the law. This is not a race issue, so don't try to turn it into one.

JetMan
05-21-2007, 09:27 AM

UHMMM, let's see, the Phillies have a white player by the name of Myers who punched a women and guess what, he was arrested.

Nice try, this isn't black or white, it's a crime to punch anyone.

bored of education
05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
i was obviously jokings. but **** sucks for miller

Jimmy
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
i was obviously jokings. but **** sucks for miller

david kircus is in trouble

Addict
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
The swing and miss I think they can look past, running from the cops the absolutely can not.

Depends what cops are chasing you

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/reno911miami.gif

JetMan
05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Reports from the New York Daily news have Miller belligerent drunk and punching an aide to Senator Obama.

He pulled a "punch and run" but friends of the aide followed miller and alerted police to where he was hiding.

DUMB DUMB DUMB.

So not only did he punch someone, but it was a sucker punch, and according to the article, it sounded like she was the target.

I would post the article but I just don't know how to. sorry.

cunningham06
05-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Reports from the New York Daily news have Miller belligerent drunk and punching an aide to Senator Obama.

He pulled a "punch and run" but friends of the aide followed miller and alerted police to where he was hiding.

DUMB DUMB DUMB.

So not only did he punch someone, but it was a sucker punch, and according to the article, it sounded like she was the target.

I would post the article but I just don't know how to. sorry.

That just doesn't sound very plausible, why would Justin Miller sucker punch some woman? If she was the target I doubt Miller would be scared of a beating and wouldn't need to sucker punch her.

JetMan
05-22-2007, 02:47 PM
That just doesn't sound very plausible, why would Justin Miller sucker punch some woman? If she was the target I doubt Miller would be scared of a beating and wouldn't need to sucker punch her.

so he wouldn't get caught, not that he couldn't beat her up. the article sounds like from (her account) that he punched and immediatly ran.

cunningham06
05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
so he wouldn't get caught, not that he couldn't beat her up. the article sounds like from (her account) that he punched and immediatly ran.

Ok I get what you're saying, I'm dissappointed I expect better from Clemson alum.