PDA

View Full Version : Who would give Ohio State the best game in the NC?

jriles0522
11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
I'd like to see Ohio State-USC just because we've already seen michigan, but i dont think anyone else besides michigan has a legit shot at us. Then again anything can happen FIFTY days from now.

4pAc
11-19-2006, 12:17 AM
UM, Arkansas would be interesting though

snuff
11-19-2006, 12:18 AM
I could see any of these teams beating tOSU, kinda like a Georgia vs WVU situation when everyone thinks its blowout. Although truly I think Michigan is the only team well rounded enough to truly hang/beat tOSU.

TCU
11-19-2006, 12:36 AM
michigan lost by 3 at OSU's place and they probably would have won by 3 at their place so id like to see them at a nuetral site

danman253
11-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Ummmm Michigan and its not even close.

11-19-2006, 06:01 AM
We beat Michigan.....give me a new team to beat.

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.

roidrunner
11-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Louisville. shoot out all the way. :twisted:

Canadian_kid16
11-19-2006, 07:15 AM
I wanna be optimistic, so I said ND...but in truth its proly Michigan, like TCU said, It'd be interesting to see them play at a neutral site...

11-19-2006, 07:34 AM
When one team beats another, you move on to the next challenge.

You dont get 2nd chances in college football. Thats why this game was so big and the better team won, both teams knew this going into the game.

draftguru151
11-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Michigan is the only team that has a chance against them.

And anyone else notice that the OSU fans seem afraid to play UM again?

The OUTLAW
11-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't think OSU fans are afraid of UM. Fact is that OSU has won 5 of the last 6 meetings. However being rivals and the fact that OSU won makes fans wonder why Michigan should get another shot. It's never worked that way before and most think Michigan had it's shot and doesn't deserve another. I for 1 have little doubt that OSU is the better team. It is however difficult to get motivated enough (as the winner) to play them a second time.

keylime_5
11-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Michigan no doubt, but they don't deserve to play us again, that wouldn't be fair. And if they did, then OSU would have to get a split title with them in the event of a loss to be fair. (we gotta beat them twice, they only have to win once? not a fair situation.)

Gang Green
11-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Michigan no doubt, but they don't deserve to play us again, that wouldn't be fair. And if they did, then OSU would have to get a split title with them in the event of a loss to be fair. (we gotta beat them twice, they only have to win once? not a fair situation.)

I would take that deal. :D

Gang Green
11-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Michigan is the only team that has a chance against them.

And anyone else notice that the OSU fans seem afraid to play UM again?

They defintely do, but if we beat OSU by three, I would hate to play them again in the championship game.

The OUTLAW
11-19-2006, 09:57 AM
People just aren't taking into consideration that this is a rivalry. OSU has played Michigan once a year for a long long time and generally speaking that one game was for all the marbles. One team went on to play in the Rose Bowl and often for a national championship and the other team waited til next year. Now I understand why Michigan wants a rematch, but the bottom line is that it's always been one and done and it really shouldn't change this year.

thetedginnshow
11-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Of those teams, beyond Michigan, Florida and Arkansas. Florida has everything. Solid on defense with playmakers on offense. Arkansas has the runningbacks to dominate. Of course, I think their defense would eventually tire down. So really, Florida and Michigan, but I've said those are the only two teams I feel that are on Ohio State's level for quite some time now (though that wouldn't mean that any other school couldn't give them a good game).

Mr. Stiller
11-19-2006, 10:32 AM
People just aren't taking into consideration that this is a rivalry. OSU has played Michigan once a year for a long long time and generally speaking that one game was for all the marbles. One team went on to play in the Rose Bowl and often for a national championship and the other team waited til next year. Now I understand why Michigan wants a rematch, but the bottom line is that it's always been one and done and it really shouldn't change this year.

BUT!.

heres the question that needs answered.

Even though Michigan lost to OSU.

Texas was dominated by OSU
USC Lost to unranked Oregon State have to beat ND
ND Lost to Michigan by 26 and have to beat USC
Florida lost to #11 Auburn.
Arkansas lost to USC by 36 points
Louisville lost to #15 Rutgers
WVU lost to #5 Louisville
Rutgers lost to Unranked Cincy
Boise State is undefeated but hasn't played a ranked team all season.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. By Common Sense (Not bcs standards) Michigan should stay #2. And Vie for the NC.

The OUTLAW
11-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).

Geo
11-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Arkansas can hang with the Buckeyes, and maybe even beat them.

The rest of that list, I'm not as sure (yesterday's UM-tOSU game wasn't as close as the 3-pt margin would indicate).

thetedginnshow
11-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).

ND lost last year and I'm pretty sure they stayed right where they were.

BUT!.

heres the question that needs answered.

Even though Michigan lost to OSU.

Texas was dominated by OSU
USC Lost to unranked Oregon State have to beat ND
ND Lost to Michigan by 26 and have to beat USC
Florida lost to #11 Auburn.
Arkansas lost to USC by 36 points
Louisville lost to #15 Rutgers
WVU lost to #5 Louisville
Rutgers lost to Unranked Cincy
Boise State is undefeated but hasn't played a ranked team all season.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. By Common Sense (Not bcs standards) Michigan should stay #2. And Vie for the NC.

Not sure why two-loss Texas was brought up. It'd depend on how impressive USC could look in a win against ND to see how they've improved. ND shouldn't be in the discussion. Florida cam off a huge win, went to a ranked Auburn's house, looked impressive, had a controversial call, and didn't lose by much. Arkansas is a completely different team from when they faced USC, but we saw what happens when you don't have a solid QB (Rutgers). Not sure why Louisville is in the discussion. WVU should actually be in the discussion, but they have no shot now. Not sure why Rutgers or BSU are in the conversation.

So really, IMO, the teams that should be up for consideration are Michigan, Florida, WVU, USC, and Arkansas. And I'd probably say that they're deserving of being in the NC in that order.

The OUTLAW
11-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Notre Dame is a strange case. They get alot more respect than they deserve at all times.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2006, 11:18 AM
If ND beats USC, and Arkansas beats top-10 LSU and top-5 Florida, what happens there?

11-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Arkansas or Michigan would have the best shot.

danman253
11-19-2006, 11:33 AM

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.

jesus christ, you are ridiculous. it was great game. Turnovers are part of the game. I could say "If Manningham would have caught that pass we would have won." or"If Crable did not hit Smith." Christ5 you're dumb.

danman253
11-19-2006, 11:34 AM
When one team beats another, you move on to the next challenge.

You dont get 2nd chances in college football. Thats why this game was so big and the better team won, both teams knew this going into the game.
Thats not the question at hand. Its who gives the best matchup against them ace.

TIP
11-19-2006, 11:54 AM

And thats OSU's fault. You messed up, thats why the games are played. How do you know it wouldn't happen again. Don't make excuses, Mental mistakes are part of the game

ChazMonk
11-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Arkansas can hang with the Buckeyes, and maybe even beat them.

The rest of that list, I'm not as sure (yesterday's UM-tOSU game wasn't as close as the 3-pt margin would indicate).

No offense, and I don't mean to come off as some arrogant OSU fan (I know, too late right?), and not just to pick on Arkansas, but who has the defense to actually hang with OSU? That would be no one. UM is clearly the #2 team in the country, with an outstanding D, but we scored 42 on them, even with 3 turnovers.

So, quite honestly, I don't see anyone outside of USC hanging with them. (and no, I don't think UM should be in the championship game, they didn't win their conf.) And, Arkansas would get killed. Yes, anything can happen on any day, but let's be realistic, we will not get a USC/TEXAS match-up like last year. So, I say USC.

11-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Michigan had their chance at the #1 team in the country, and failed, now give another team a shot to try and prove themselves!

USC is that team IMO.

11-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Michigan had their chance at the #1 team in the country, and failed, now give another team a shot to try and prove themselves!

USC is that team IMO.

I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.

11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.

Why am I scared of UM???? Im just a poster, the OSU players allready proved there not scared and that there better so give them a new challenge.

PS - in major league baseball you get another chance, not college football.

11-21-2006, 05:30 PM

Why am I scared of UM???? Im just a poster, the OSU players allready proved there not scared and that there better so give them a new challenge.

Are you illiterate? Beating a team in one game does not necesarily mean you are the better team or even that you played better in that game.

11-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Are you illiterate? Beating a team in one game does not necesarily mean you are the better team or even that you played better in that game.

What are you saying then? Michigan is better? i thought we solved this Saturday. You might have missed it, but the Bucks won. And after a win you play the next team, not the same one!

I cant help you not being able to understand this concept.

11-21-2006, 05:36 PM

What are you saying then? Michigan is better? i thought we solved this Saturday. You might have missed it, but the Bucks won. And after a win you play the next team, not the same one!

I cant help you not being able to understand this concept.

Did I say that? No. Last time I checked, the Michigan/OSU game wasn't part of a tournament, so no you don't just "move on." Michigan and OSU are the two best teams in the NCAA and the two best teams should play for the title. Plain and simple.

11-21-2006, 05:38 PM
the two best teams should play for the title. Plain and simple.

Before the game you could make that case, but after Michigan lost, where is the proof that they are better than USC??? You can assume, but you know what that means!!!

USC has beaten Arkansas, a top 5 team, and get to play ND just like scUM did. If they win out its a done deal who OSU gets to play, so why argue?

11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
the two best teams should play for the title. Plain and simple.

Before the game you could make that case, but after Michigan lost, where is the proof that they are better than USC??? You can assume, but you know what that means!!!

USC has beaten Arkansas, a top 5 team, and get to play ND just like scUM did. If they win out its a done deal who OSU gets to play, so why argue?

When USC beat Arkansas they were a completely different team. They weren't nearly as good as they are now and Darren McFadden, the most important player to the team, played at less than 50% health. It's not like they just beat them last week.

11-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I can gaurantee ND is alot better now, then at the beginning of the season, but does it matter? NO

11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I can gaurantee ND is alot better now, then at the beginning of the season, but does it matter? NO

Actually, no they're not. They're pretty much the same, they just look better because they've been playing crap teams. Also, UM didn't play them without Brady Quinn.

11-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Can we agree that if USC wins out, they get to play OSU, cause its basically a fact by now, and if you have a hard time coping with it im sorry.

You cant say Michigan didnt have their chance cause they did.

11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Can we agree that if USC wins out, they get to play OSU, cause its basically a fact by now, and if you have a hard time coping with it im sorry.

You cant say Michigan didnt have their chance cause they did.

That's how it is but I don't agree with it. I guarantee you that if the situation was reversed, you would be bitching and begging for a rematch.

11-21-2006, 05:47 PM
That's how it is but I don't agree with it. I guarantee you that if the situation was reversed, you would be bitching and begging for a rematch.

We took care of business that day, so that is irrelevant to even bring up.

11-21-2006, 05:49 PM

We took care of business that day, so that is irrelevant to even bring up.

Again, beating a team in one game doesn't necessarily make you the better team. I think that UM and OSU are on the same level and it is completely logical to believe that one is better than the other. But you find it hard to believe this since you think this OSU team is the best team ever!!!1!!!1

MagnumGator
11-21-2006, 05:50 PM

Actually, no they're not. They're pretty much the same, they just look better because they've been playing crap teams. Also, UM didn't play them without Brady Quinn.Yeah. Notre Dame is still the same team.

11-21-2006, 05:52 PM
But you find it hard to believe this since you think this OSU team is the best team ever!!!1!!!1

Please only use quotes from me and not insinuations. I never said that.

What if Michigan wins, what does it prove then? That makes things an even bigger and uncontrolable mess. USC deserves a shot now if they win out. I love this years Michigan team, they are great, but they lost, and its only fair to other teams that hey get a chance now.

11-21-2006, 05:53 PM
But you find it hard to believe this since you think this OSU team is the best team ever!!!1!!!1

Please only use quotes from me and not insinuations. I never said that.

What if Michigan wins, what does it prove then? That makes things an even bigger and uncontrolable mess. USC deserves a shot now if they win out. I love this years Michigan team, they are great, but they lost, and its only fair to other teams that hey get a chance now.

If Michigan had won it doesn't prove anything, except to OSU fans like yourself that they're not miles ahead of Michigan.

someone447
11-21-2006, 05:55 PM
USC lost to an unranked team, Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. I understand where you are coming from, but Michigan deserves to stay at number 2. The timing of the loss shouldnt matter. Of all the one loss teams, Michigans loss was:
1. To the best team
2. They looked the most impressive.

Personally, I think Wisconsin could beat them, now hear me out. Obviously they don't deserve a shot, but OSU/Wisconsin is always a good game(at least since Alverez got there.)

11-21-2006, 05:56 PM
If Michigan had won it doesn't prove anything, except to OSU fans like yourself that they're not miles ahead of Michigan.

Thats not why the national championship is played. It is played to find the best team in the country. if UM wins then it doesnt prove who is best in the country. Therefore we cannot play them. We WILL play USC, mark it down.

JDRaymond
Razorbacks deserve more respect, i think they will win out and if they do they deserve a shot at OSU for the national title. It would be sweet to see the razorbacks win a title and upset OSU

USC lost to an unranked team, Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. I understand where you are coming from, but Michigan deserves to stay at number 2. The timing of the loss shouldnt matter. Of all the one loss teams, Michigans loss was:
1. To the best team
2. They looked the most impressive.

Personally, I think Wisconsin could beat them, now hear me out. Obviously they don't deserve a shot, but OSU/Wisconsin is always a good game(at least since Alverez got there.)

I think that every team in the top 10 could beat OSU. Michigan is the team that has the best shot and I never really thought about OSU/Wisconsin but you're right, that would be a very good game.

11-21-2006, 05:57 PM

Thats not why the national championship is played. It is played to find the best team in the country. if UM wins then it doesnt prove who is best in the country. Therefore we cannot play them. We WILL play USC, mark it down.

How would Michigan winning not prove them as the best team in the NCAA? Because OSU can't beat them away from home?

11-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I think that every team in the top 10 could beat OSU

Now you just seem like you have a jealous grudge against tOSU. I cant argue with a guy that honestly thinks this.

11-21-2006, 05:58 PM

Now you just seem like you have a jealous grudge against tOSU. I cant argue with a guy that honestly thinks this.

Because I think they're beatable? Yes I'm jealous. :roll:

11-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Because I think they're beatable? Yes I'm jealous.

you can have an opinion, but we havent losed (10-0) so whatever.

We have beaten 2 teams ranked at least #2 in the country, we have proved ourselves.

11-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Because I think they're beatable? Yes I'm jealous.

you can have an opinion, but we havent losed (10-0) so whatever.

We have beaten 2 teams ranked at least #2 in the country, we have proved ourselves.

I didn't say you hadn't proven yourself or that you weren't the best team in the NCAA, but guess what? the best team doesn't always win.

11-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Well right now they do, so what are you trying to prove?

11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Well right now they do, so what are you trying to prove?

I'm just saying that any team in the Top 10 would have a good shot of beating them if they played. Is it that hard to understand?

11-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Is it that hard to understand?

Ya and heres why.....

We beat Michigan, and you obviously think noone else deserves a shot because they arent equal to UM, but since we beat UM, we should beat everyone else also according to your theory.

11-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Is it that hard to understand?

Ya and heres why.....

We beat Michigan, and you obviously think noone else deserves a shot because they arent equal to UM, but since we beat UM, we should beat everyone else also according to your theory.

Again, the best team doesn't always win.

11-21-2006, 06:11 PM

So should Michigan have to replay ND, just in case? Or should UM replay Wisconsin just in case a different outcome might happen?

Does OSU have to replay Texas?

11-21-2006, 06:12 PM

So should Michigan have to replay ND, just in case? Or should UM replay Wisconsin just in case a different outcome might happen?

Does OSU have to replay Texas?

Just because someone says that OSU is a beatable doesn't mean you need to throw a hissyfit.

11-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Just because someone says that OSU is a beatable doesn't mean you need to throw a hissyfit.

just because we havent lost, doesnt mean you have to make any excuse up possible on how we could lose!

We took care of our business by going 10-0, so people like you shouldnt be able to quetion us. Go quetion a team that has allready lost or something.

11-21-2006, 06:15 PM

just because we havent lost, doesnt mean you have to make any excuse up possible on how we could lose!

We took care of our business by going 10-0, so people like you shouldnt be able to quetion us. Go quetion a team that has allready lost or something.

I'm not questioning them, I'm saying they can be beat. I'm sorry if you find that impossible to believe but it is entirely true.

11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Any team in the world can be beat, but if they DIDNT get beat, you cant go back and say they could have!!! Cause thats not how it played out.

11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Any team in the world can be beat, but if they DIDNT get beat, you cant go back and say they could have!!! Cause thats not how it played out.

I'm saying in the future. I seriously think you are illiterate.

11-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Illiterate means i cant read, and none of your post mentioned the word "future" so therefore i can read!

And not only that, but the future only holds 1 more game (NOT 1 game against every top 10 team) so it wont happen

Gang Green
11-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Maybe he has the lowest IQ on this site? Just a little thought.

11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Maybe he has the lowest IQ on this site? Just a little thought.

Maybe the lowest IQ, but the HIGHEST rated team!!!!

11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Illiterate means i cant read, and none of your post mentioned the word "future" so therefore i can read!

And not only that, but the future only holds 1 more game (NOT 1 game against every top 10 team) so it wont happen

Could is used in this sentence as a future tense helping verb. Sorry that you didn't pass 5th grade English.

11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Could is used in this sentence as a future tense helping verb. Sorry that you didn't pass 5th grade English.

And im sorry you cant stay on the subject.

11-21-2006, 06:24 PM

And im sorry you cant stay on the subject.

How did I go off topic? You said I never said anything about the future, I showed you where I stated it.

11-21-2006, 06:26 PM
You said i said she said we said it said it, but ......

This is football talk......ight?

11-21-2006, 06:38 PM
You said i said she said we said it said it, but ......

This is football talk......ight?

That post made zero sense.

elway777
11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
As an SC fan im not sure whether or not I want SC to be in the NC. :?

Im pretty sure OSU would have a big advantage,and probably win.

But on the other side USC would have defeated rivals UCLA and Notre Dame to get there.

But im no homer Michigan is clearly the only team worthy of facing OSU so ill give it to them.

Gribble
11-21-2006, 06:47 PM

But on the other side USC would have defeated rivals UCLA and Notre Dame to get there.

But im no homer Michigan is clearly the only team worthy of facing OSU so ill give it to them.

Landmark event in NFLDC history.

elway777
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM

Landmark event in NFLDC history.

Ill take a national championship loss over a ND or UCLA loss though anyday...

detroit4life
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM

actually a couple years ago when oklahoma was amazing they were the number one team and lost to colorado in their last game and stayed number one

njx9
11-21-2006, 07:40 PM

how long have you watched college football? The Big 12 North Champion routinely has to replay the Big 12 South Champion in the Big 12 championship. will you please at least attempt to make an argument that isn't utterly moronic?

detroit4life
11-21-2006, 07:43 PM
i thought the topic of this was who would give them the best game not who should be in it. I dont think there's any denying michigan would give them the best game. That should be the end of discussion. cleveland i hope u wouldn't deny that its simple to see michigan lost by three at OSU sure u can mention three turnover which we scored 10 points off of but a michigan fan could say the two 60 yard ruans that michigan never gives up. Bad plays happen so you shouldn't use that to argue your point. Personally i dont see any reason that because these two teams already played they can't play again the NC is suppose to be betweent he best two teams and these two teams are clearly the best two teams if OSU is better then they'll win again but why not play it again on a neutral site. If michigan wins its basically a split NC again but whats new this is the BCS.

And in the end whether michigan should be there or not if SC beats ND and UCLA then they will pass michigan its just how the polls will work

njx9
11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
additionally, if you folks turn this into another UM-OSU game thread (that is, discussing the game last week), i WILL lock it. there's a bloody thread for that already and it'd be great if you didn't ruin yet another thread by spamming it with the same idiotic arguments.

detroit4life
11-21-2006, 08:39 PM

wait i thought OSU went 12-0. Isn't there 12 games in a season

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Michigan is the only program in the same class as OSU right now.No other program can match the talent and coaching that these two are on right now.

elway777
11-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Michigan is the only program in the same class as OSU right now.No other program can match the talent and coaching that these two are on right now.

I disagree,USC can match the talent and coaching,...just the talent is young and not championship ready and Pete Carroll is a better coach than both Carr and Tressell.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-21-2006, 11:21 PM

I disagree,USC can match the talent and coaching,...just the talent is young and not championship ready and Pete Carroll is a better coach than both Carr and Tressell.Thats the only reason reason why i didnt think USC was on the same level.Talents just not as experienced.I meant a combination of coaching and talent.

elway777
11-21-2006, 11:35 PM

I disagree,USC can match the talent and coaching,...just the talent is young and not championship ready and Pete Carroll is a better coach than both Carr and Tressell.Thats the only reason reason why i didnt think USC was on the same level.Talents just not as experienced.I meant a combination of coaching and talent.

yeah ofcourse which is why I think USC will blow past ND and UCLA and get up-ended by a Ohio State team full of veteran talent. :D :?

soybean
11-21-2006, 11:47 PM

yeah ofcourse which is why I think USC will blow past ND and UCLA and get up-ended by a Ohio State team full of veteran talent. :D :?

i dont think it'll be a blow out, but of course OSU is gonna win. Besides, they're probably the unanimous favorites to win it next year if they lose this year.

soybean
11-21-2006, 11:48 PM
especially if jarrett stays.

InvisiblePinkUnicorn
11-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Florida and Michigan are the top 2 teams after OSU. But since Michigan already got their shot and failed i think we should let florida and that sick D get a shot.

InvisiblePinkUnicorn
11-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Florida and Michigan are the top 2 teams after OSU. But since Michigan already got their shot and failed i think we should let florida and that sick D get a shot.

detroit4life
11-22-2006, 09:12 AM
quote]

i dont think it'll be a blow out, but of course OSU is gonna win. Besides, they're probably the unanimous favorites to win it next year if they lose this year.[/quote]

michigan will be right there with them especially if long and branch return.

danman253
11-22-2006, 09:13 AM

i dont think it'll be a blow out, but of course OSU is gonna win. Besides, they're probably the unanimous favorites to win it next year if they lose this year.

Ummm, michigan would be right there with them.

P-L
11-22-2006, 10:11 AM

Oklahoma was the #1 ranked team and lost to the #13th ranked team and remained #1.

DChess
11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
besides michigan, nobody

soybean
11-22-2006, 01:26 PM

i guess we see you guys next year then.

critesy
11-22-2006, 03:57 PM
i would love to see how arkansas would do against them.

Touchdown
11-22-2006, 04:39 PM

Correct, Michigan will be very good next year offensively if Hart stays. Their D might be alittle messed up to start out until they settle down.

TacticaLion
11-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Actually, yes... that WOULD be a fair situation. It isnt who wins during the season, but who wins during the big games, that shows who the best team is. Beating a team in the regular season does NOT mean you get "credit" if you play them in the playoffs.

Michigan playing OSU at a neutral site and winning would make a HUGE statement. Sure, OSU beat them at home... by 3... but, if Michigan wins by more than 3 somewhere else (and not home), it would make Michigan the better team.

No team in college football, regardless of what they do, should be #2 or play for a NC. If each team played OSU before a "playoff" system started, theres a good chance they'd all have 2 losses, while Michigan only had 1.

Michigan - OSU... the rematch... the only reasonable option left.