PDA

View Full Version : Bears/Packers Trash Talk Thread

Pages : [1] 2

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Let's get it started. Packers suck, enjoy another season out of the playoffs and get prepared for the letdown of life without Favre. God how are you people going to survive without this guy playing for you guys? People across Wisky will be on suicide wath, not that I care though, whatever we can do to get rid of you people I'm ok with.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Dumb thread (no offense). The Packers need to actually prove themselves to be a legitimate threat before I get into "talking trash". Right now it's so lopsided it's really not even much of a rivalry (similar to the 90's when the Packers beat the hell out of us).

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Dumb thread (no offense). The Packers need to actually prove themselves to be a legitimate threat before I get into "talking trash". Right now it's so lopsided it's really not even much of a rivalry (similar to the 90's when the Packers beat the hell out of us).

I don't care. It's still fun talking crap with them. And it's still a rivarly, at least for the fans it is.

Twiddler
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Hey, we can always try. Plus who doesn't like to listen to a few homers go at it endlessly over which teams interior linemen are superior? Sounds like a good time to me... :)

Moses
05-20-2007, 09:00 PM

In 2002, 2003, and 2004 the Packers were better than the Bears. Hell, in 2004 the Packers were first in the NFC North and a legitimate Super Bowl contender and the Bears were last in the NFC North. The Packers have two down seasons and all of a sudden they're not in the same league anymore? That's pretty ridiculous.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Brett Favre can still fire some guns to the receivers on the Packers that can catch the ball but for the Bears the only one firing guns is Tank Johnson

ny10804
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Rex Grossman may or may not be the twin brother of the QB portrayed by Adam Sandler in The Longest Yard. Except Grossman is far less skilled and has down syndrome.

http://img.search.com/thumb/9/96/Paulcrewe.jpg/180px-Paulcrewe.jpg

http://www.joesportsfan.com/jsfpics/columns/grossman.jpg

Twiddler
05-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Rex Grossman may or may not be the twin brother of the QB portrayed by Adam Sandler in The Longest Yard. Except Grossman is far less skilled and has down syndrome.

http://img.search.com/thumb/9/96/Paulcrewe.jpg/180px-Paulcrewe.jpg

http://www.joesportsfan.com/jsfpics/columns/grossman.jpg

Keep it clean...

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
In 2002, 2003, and 2004 the Packers were better than the Bears. Hell, in 2004 the Packers were first in the NFC North and a legitimate Super Bowl contender and the Bears were last in the NFC North. The Packers have two down seasons and all of a sudden they're not in the same league anymore? That's pretty ridiculous.
What do those teams have to do with now?(other than Favre and Urlacher). I don't think there was much to legit trash talk about then either. 2001 is about the only season I can think of in the last 10 years where both teams have been good.

There's a difference between a rivalry and trash talk in my opinion. There will always be a rivalry, but that's not the same thing to me.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
OK, A little bear goes to court because his parents abuse him
And then the judge asks why he does not want to stay with his dad
he said his dad beat him
Then the judge said what about ur mom
no she beats me to said the little bear
The judge asked who his favorite relative was
but, he didnít have one
so he just asked "can i stay with the Chicago Bears..............
they dont beat anyone

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
OK, A little bear goes to court because his parents abuse him
And then the judge asks why he does not want to stay with his dad
he said his dad beat him
Then the judge said what about ur mom
no she beats me to said the little bear
The judge asked who his favorite relative was
but, he didnít have one
so he just asked "can i stay with the Chicago Bears..............
they dont beat anyone

To bad historically we still lead the series. Nice try though.

Moses
05-20-2007, 09:18 PM
What do those teams have to do with now?(other than Favre and Urlacher). I don't think there was much to legit trash talk about then either. 2001 is about the only season I can think of in the last 10 years where both teams have been good.

There's a difference between a rivalry and trash talk in my opinion. There will always be a rivalry, but that's not the same thing to me.

What does 2006 have to do with 2007? Sure, some of the players are the same, but nobody knows what is going to happen. Hawk could be better than Urlacher next year. Grossman could be better than Favre. Who knows? Players get better, players get worse, rookies come in, balls bounce one way one year and another way the next...

On paper, the Packers and Bears have similar talent levels.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
To bad historically we still lead the series. Nice try though.

I found it on a joke site and thought it was funny.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:20 PM
What does 2006 have to do with 2007? Sure, some of the players are the same, but nobody knows what is going to happen. Hawk could be better than Urlacher next year. Grossman could be better than Favre. Who knows? Players get better, players get worse, rookies come in, balls bounce one way one year and another way the next...

On paper, the Packers and Bears have similar talent levels.

Last time I checked Lance Briggs isn't showing up, Thomas Jones isn't starting so Cedric Benson is the starter, Grossman is still the quarterback with a limited amount of quality targets, and they lost their defensive coordinator b/c they don't like to give too many people any money.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't want to repeat the same thing we are already saying in the other thread, but the Bears and Packers aren't similar in talent.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I found it on a joke site and thought it was funny.

It would've been more funny if you put like the Texans or the Cardinals. But since we've been in the playoffs two straight years and just went to the SB, it doesn't really work. Especially when the team you're making fun of still holds the edge all time wins and losses over their rivals.

Good try though.

neko4
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.trojanwire.com/football/images/colbert-bears-threatdown.jpg
Nuff said

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't want to repeat the same thing we are already saying in the other thread, but the Bears and Packers aren't similar in talent.

QB: Green Bay
RB: Chicago
WR: Green Bay
TE: Push
OL: Chicago
DL: Push
LB: Green Bay
DB: Chicago
ST: Chicago

Bears win 4 and Packers win 3 and the RB position the Bears aren't that much proven over Green Bay, and if the Packers can find a solid 2nd safety next to Collins I'd give the edge to Green Bay

GB12
05-20-2007, 09:27 PM

Bears win 4 and Packers win 3 and the RB position the Bears aren't that much proven over Green Bay, and if the Packers can find a solid 2nd safety next to Collins I'd give the edge to Green Bay

TE's not a push.

neko4
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Actaully id give CHI TE's, Clark had a good year and they got Olsen

Olsen+Clark>>>Bubba

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:30 PM
TE's not a push.

Tight End is a push; Clark and Olsen are both good passing catching TEs but they are nowhere near as capable blocker as Bubba Franks. Clark had a decent year last and before that year he really hadn't done much and Olsen is a rookie with a great combine and average numbers in college.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:31 PM

How in the world could TE be a push?

I'm also assuming/hoping that you're judging linebackers off of Briggs not being available, which is a hypothetical situation at this point. Even if he's not it's still a push at best. Hunter is better than Brady, Urlacher is clearly better than Barnett.

D-line is still edge Bears.

Wide Recievers is close to me, but I'll give the Packers the edge cause I don't really care.

That's 7-2 where I sit.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Bubba Franks ******* sucks. Des Clark is a MUCH better blocker than he is. Do you watch the Bears? Des is a much better blocker than he is reciever.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
How in the world could TE be a push?

I'm also assuming/hoping that you're judging linebackers off of Briggs not being available, which is a hypothetical situation at this point. Even if he's not it's still a push at best. Hunter is better than Brady, Urlacher is clearly better than Barnett.

D-line is still edge Bears.

Wide Recievers is close to me, but I'll give the Packers the edge cause I don't really care.

That's 7-2 where I sit.

LB is without Briggs but with the DL the Packers have a Pro Bowl end in Aaron Kampman, Jenkins opposite him may not be able to rush the passer great but he's great against the run and KGB can rush on 3rd down, and at DT we are 4 deep and they are very capable of starting.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
QB - Green Bay
RB - Chicago
WR - Push (Driver beats anyone we have but we have more depth, adding in Hester)
TE - Chicago
OL - Chicago (if we can stay healthy)
DL - Push (a lot of question marks for Chicago, so it's hard to guage this one right now, pure talent though we've got it)
LB - Chicago (with Lance it's Chicago, without Lance it's Green Bay)
CB/S - Chicago
ST - Chicago

Prince, TE's are not a push. Desmond eats Bubba for breakfast, and put in Olsen and it's not even close.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Bubba Franks ******* sucks. Des Clark is a MUCH better blocker than he is. Do you watch the Bears? Des is a much better blocker than he is reciever.

When I watch the Bears and they run the footballk I don't say holy $hit look at the block and seal that Clark got on his man.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:36 PM
LB is without Briggs but with the DL the Packers have a Pro Bowl end in Aaron Kampman, Jenkins opposite him may not be able to rush the passer great but he's great against the run and KGB can rush on 3rd down, and at DT we are 4 deep and they are very capable of starting.
You could say the same thing about the Bears.

sweetness34

Alex Brown, Adawale Oguleye, Mark Anderson, Tank Johnson, Anthony Adams, Tommie Harris >>>> Kampman, KGB, Jenkins, Harrell, and whoever else you have.

bearsfan_51
When I watch the Bears and they run the footballk I don't say holy $hit look at the block and seal that Clark got on his man.

And you say that about Bubba Franks? What the ****? Even Packers fans think that's stupid dude.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 09:37 PM

Maybe you should watch more. Bubba is horse crap. He's one dimensional. Des is a dual threat, how in the world does Bubba beat out Des again?

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Alex Brown, Adawale Oguleye, Mark Anderson, Tank Johnson, Anthony Adams, Tommie Harris >>>> Kampman, KGB, Jenkins, Harrell, and whoever else you have.

Don't forget Johnny Jholly and Colin Cole. They may be jobbers but their names make me laugh.

You also forgot Dusty Dvoracek, Dan Bazuin, and Israel Idonije for us.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Don't forget Johnny Jholly and Colin Cole. They may be jobbers but their names make me laugh.

You also forgot Dusty Dvoracek, Dan Bazuin, and Israel Idonije for us.

Yea but I didn't want it to go that far 51', I had to give them hope. :D

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
See sweetness, this is why it was a bad idea.

The Bears scored 427 points and allowed 255 last year.

The Packers scored 301 and allowed 366.

The Bears won 15 games.

The Packers won 8.

I don't care how much you think you've gained in the last 5-6 months. The Bears are still a much more talented team.

ny10804
05-20-2007, 09:44 PM

Aaron Kampman >> Alex Brown/Adewale Ogunleye
Cullen Jenkins = Alex Brown/Adewale Ogunleye
KGB < Mark Anderson

Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, KGB > Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye, Mark Anderson

Ryan Pickett << Tommie Harris
Corey Williams = Tank Johnson
Justin Harrell > Anthony Adams

Ryan Pickett, Corey Williams, Justin Harrell < Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Anthony Adams

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:46 PM
And you say that about Bubba Franks? What the ****? Even Packers fans think that's stupid dude.

I hardly get them to have the same views as me anyways. We look at football differently. They all think that Brandon Jackson will be great, James Jones will be the next Sterling Sharpe, and Ted Thompson sure knows what he's doing. Me, not so much. With the TE issue the Packers are one deep at the position for the most part so I can see where you guys are coming from b/c in a way Olsen and Clark compliment each other, but with everything else I don't expect them to agree with me anyways.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Cullen Jenkins = Alex Brown/Adewale Ogunleye
Alex and Wale have been to the Probowl, what has Cullen Jenkins done?

And Dusty Dvoracek will be our 3rd tackle most like just for the record.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I hardly get them to have the same views as me anyways. We look at football differently. They all think that Brandon Jackson will be great, James Jones will be the next Sterling Sharpe, and Ted Thompson sure knows what he's doing. Me, not so much. With the TE issue the Packers are one deep at the position for the most part so I can see where you guys are coming from b/c in a way Olsen and Clark compliment each other, but with everything else I don't expect them to agree with me anyways.
Fair enough. I'm just really confused how you could call it square, especially on blocking.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Fair enough. I'm just really confused how you could call it square, especially on blocking.

This may not be easy but I have to admit I may have been wrong and you guys made a fair enough argument but I would still say that Bubba is a better blocker than Desmond but Bubba has become one-dimensional and isn't the redzone threat he use to be.

Jim Jim
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Your defense is old.

Tank Johnson won't even play this year. Alex Brown wants out.

Devin hester will have the Dante Hall and Desmond Howard effect on offense. Which means he won't have nothing.

Lance Briggs won't play for you. Our LB corps is much better.

neko4
05-20-2007, 09:59 PM
If you look at it from a potential standpoint its Green Bay, but if guys like Jennings, Colledge, Spitz, Jenkins, Poppinga, and Collins dont play up to that potential then it will spell trouble.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh Jesus Christ...can we have a no Jim Jim rule? Is there anyone that doesn't agree he's legally reeeeeetarded.

Our defense is old? Name the starters that are over 30 and get back to me.

Tank Johnson won't play for us this year? Have you read a newspaper lately?

The rest is purely speculation.

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Your defense is old.

Devin hester will have the Dante Hall and Desmond Howard effect on offense. Which means he won't have anything

wont have nothing??? come on now, actually im not even sure if "wont have anything" is correct too

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Your defense is old.

Devin hester will have the Dante Hall and Desmond Howard effect on offense. Which means he won't have nothing.

Our defense is old?

Vasher - 25
Urlacher - 28
Tillman - 26
Harris - 24
Wale - 29
Brown - 29
Brown - 27
Archuleta - 29
Hillenmeyer - 26
Johnson - 25
Briggs - 26

God we're ancient I tell ya.

Edit: And about Hester, if anything he's going to be a great decoy, ala Reggie Bush. Meaning wherever he goes, the defense is going to follow him.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
One thing that I didn't mention in the team rankings and who's better is the category of coach and management. This obviously goes to the Bears. This isn't bashing the Packers b/c Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have the organization headed in the right direction, but Angelo and Smith have the Bears where the Packers are aiming. The Bears quality players that seem to step in there, play, and make in animpact right away. Lovie coaches those inexperienced to be ready when called upon and they've responded. Vasher, Hester, and Anderson are three names that have done this of late. McCarthy does a great job with the Packers young players but he can't do it to the level of Lovie and that may be due to the lack of veteran leadership that Lovie can throw those guys with compared to what Green Bay has.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
One thing that I didn't mention in the team rankings and who's better is the category of coach and management. This obviously goes to the Bears. This isn't bashing the Packers b/c Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have the organization headed in the right direction, but Colangelo and Smith have the Bears where the Packers are aiming. The Bears quality players that seem to step in there, play, and make in animpact right away. Lovie coaches those inexperienced to be ready when called upon and they've responded. Vasher, Hester, and Anderson are three names that have done this of late. McCarthy does a great job with the Packers young players but he can't do it to the level of Lovie and that may be due to the lack of veteran leadership that Lovie can throw those guys with compared to what Green Bay has.

At least get our GM's name right man, it's Angelo.

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh Jesus Christ...can we have a no Jim Jim rule? Is there anyone that doesn't agree he's legally reeeeeetarded.

Our defense is old? Name the starters that are over 30 and get back to me.

Tank Johnson won't play for us this year? Have you read a newspaper lately?

The rest is purely speculation.

Moose
Fred Miller
Kreutz?
Tit...I mean Tait
Desmond Clark
Ogunleye?
Ayanbendayjo(who might have to start)
Archaleta?

?=30 this year

EDIT=I just realized he just said Defense

bearsfan_51
Our defense is old?

Vasher - 25
Urlacher - 28
Tillman - 26
Harris - 24
Wale - 29
Brown - 29
Brown - 27
Archuleta - 29
Hillenmeyer - 26
Johnson - 25
Briggs - 26

God we're ancient I tell ya.
This alone should discredit Jim Jim.

It's like he finds the most illogical stupid argument and runs with it into infinity. If there was a block function he would be the only person I'd use it on. His thoughts are about as valueable as my stool after a night of Taco Bell.

bearsfan_51
Moose
Fred Miller
Kreutz?
Tit...I mean Tait
Desmond Clark
Ogunleye?
Archaleta?

?=30 this year
Defense. Our offense is partially aging, but so is yours.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 10:05 PM
At least get our GM's name right man, it's Angelo.

Thats what I wanted to put so idk why I put Col-Angelo

ny10804
05-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Alex and Wale have been to the Probowl, what has Cullen Jenkins done?

And Dusty Dvoracek will be our 3rd tackle most like just for the record.

Adewale went to the Pro Bowl in '03 when he was playing on a stacked Dolphins' defense (3rd in points). He hasn't since. He had 6.5 sacks this past year.

Alex Brown has never been to the Pro Bowl. He had 7 sacks this year.

I'm not sure which is considered better, so I put both for each. Assuming Ogunleye is the better of the two, I think he is trumped handedly by Kampman. That leaves Jenkins, who had 6.5 sacks last year (in a limited role) and is a force against the run at 6'3 290, and Brown. I think the two are just about the same production wise. That and Jenkins is a beast. Just me though.

http://i.packers.com/pg/jenkins_cullen_2006/photo18.jpg

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
This alone should discredit Jim Jim.

It's like he finds the most illogical stupid argument and runs with it into infinity. If there was a block function he would be the only person I'd use it on. His thoughts are about as valueable as my stool after a night of Taco Bell.

Hahahahahaha I always look foward to your analogies, this might be one of your best 51'. Basically all of his points on pointless. I already discredited one, Tank will play this season and AB most likely will be back, Hester is going to have some impact on offense as I explained above, and Briggs would be a dumbass not to step on the field. Otherwise he's not gettin' paid. He may not be happy but he'll play because he's a professional.

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Defense. Our offense is partially aging, but so is yours.

Favre, has a replacement
Driver
Clifton
Tauscher
Bubba

And aside from Bubba (and sorta Favre) the rest are still near the top of their games,

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Favre, has a replacement
Driver
Clifton
Tauscher
Bubba

And aside from Bubba (and sorta Favre) the rest are still near the top of their games,
You could say the same thing for the Bears. Again, I'm not saying either team is ancient but the age argument doesn't work for the Bears, except on the offensive line we're still a very young team.

neko4
Hahahahahaha I always look foward to your analogies, this might be one of your best 51'. Basically all of his points on pointless. I already discredited one, Tank will play this season and AB most likely will be back, Hester is going to have some impact on offense as I explained above, and Briggs would be a dumbass not to step on the field. Otherwise he's not gettin' paid. He may not be happy but he'll play because he's a professional.

Tank will get some sorta suspension though, do you really think Goodell will let him off easy?

sweetness34
Moose
Fred Miller
Kreutz?
Tit...I mean Tait
Desmond Clark
Ogunleye?
Archaleta?

?=30 this year

EDIT=I just realized he just said Defense

Ayanbadejo is not going to start, lay off the crack man. I will say that our OL's age worries me. I think Kruetz is good for another 3-4 years but our OT's, yikes. Beekman is a future piece inside.

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
You could say the same thing for the Bears. Again, I'm not saying either team is ancient but the age argument doesn't work for the Bears, except on the offensive line we're still a very young team.

Every team is like that though with their aging veterans and the new upcoming young talent.

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Ayanbadejo is not going to start, lay off the crack man. I will say that our OL's age worries me. I think Kruetz is good for another 3-4 years but our OT's, yikes. Beekman is a future piece inside.

Assuming Briggs doesnt come back who is, Leon Joe?

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Tank will get some sorta suspension though, do you really think Goodell will let him off easy?

Of course he will, but Jim Jim said he wouldn't play. Which is just completely false. I never said that he wouldn't be suspended though.

Btw, you hope Rodgers is the replacement, but our really have no idea. And you can't pull the plug on him in his first full season can you?

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Assuming Briggs doesnt come back who is, Leon Joe?

Jamar Williams or Michael Okwo.

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Jamar Williams or Michael Okwo.

2 tackles in 3 games and he already has a fan site!
http://www.jamarwilliams.com/

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Of course he will, but Jim Jim said he wouldn't play. Which is just completely false. I never said that he wouldn't be suspended though.

Btw, you hope Rodgers is the replacement, but our really have no idea. And you can't pull the plug on him in his first full season can you?

To be honest, I dont really like Rodgers and never really did.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 10:17 PM
8 games max, Michael Smith was reporting that it could be as low as 2 and likely no more than 4. Tank, unlike Pac-Man and Henry, made a good impression with the commish and has already served a team suspension and jail time. I'm not here to argue the merits of any suspension because honestly I don't think any of us is qualified to do it, but people that are expecting a season long suspension are going to be in for a shock when it comes down to much much less than that.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
2 tackles in 3 games and he already has a fan site!
http://www.jamarwilliams.com/

Jamar was doing very well before he got injured on ST's. Personally I like Okwo better there but Jamar would do a solid job.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah I like Okwo better too. I'm just not a big Williams fan.

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Jamar was doing very well before he got injured on ST's. Personally I like Okwo better there but Jamar would do a solid job.

Your talking about preseason right, cuz i dont think 2 tackles in 3 games on special teams is enough to call him you're new starting OLB

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Your talking about preseason right, cuz i dont think 2 tackles in 3 games on special teams is enough to call him you're new starting OLB
He was a rookie, he got hurt. The Packers started lots of rookies last season without whatever the "enough" is that you're talking about.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:28 PM

No I'm talking about regular season.

Smokey Joe
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/images/promoimages/d/dime/e3_06s_most_anticipated/super_mario_revolution.jpg

The Legend
05-20-2007, 10:46 PM

packers will come back then the bears will have a down time

then

bears will come back then the packers will have a down time

the life in the nfl north , this is how the bears and packers will always be

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
packers will come back then the bears will have a down time

then

bears will come back then the packers will have a down time

the life in the nfl north , this is how the bears and packers will always be

And we all realize that. But for this season, ON PAPER, we still have the edge, period.

bearsfan_51
05-20-2007, 10:57 PM
And we all realize that. But for this season, ON PAPER, we still have the edge, period.
He never said we didn't...

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 10:59 PM
He never said we didn't...

I never said he said that.

Edit: Ok maybe I did.

someone447
05-20-2007, 11:32 PM
QB - Green Bay
RB - Chicago
WR - Push (Driver beats anyone we have but we have more depth, adding in Hester)
TE - Chicago
DL - Push (a lot of question marks for Chicago, so it's hard to guage this one right now, pure talent though we've got it)
CB/S - Chicago
ST - Chicago

Prince, TE's are not a push. Desmond eats Bubba for breakfast, and put in Olsen and it's not even close.

QB-Pack
RB-Bears
FB-Push
Wr1-Pack
WR2-Pack
WR3-push?
T-Packers
G-Bears
C-Bears
G-Bears
T-Packers
DE-Bears
DT-Bears
DT-Packers
DE-Packers
OLB-Packers
MLB-Bears
OLB-Bears
CB-Packers
CB-Bears
S-Packers
S-Bears
ST-Bears

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 11:39 PM
QB-Pack
RB-Bears
FB-Push
Wr1-Pack
WR2-Pack
WR3-push?
T-Packers
G-Bears
C-Bears
G-Bears
T-Packers
DE-Bears
DT-Bears
DT-Packers
DE-Packers
OLB-Packers
MLB-Bears
OLB-Bears
CB-Packers
CB-Bears
S-Packers
S-Bears
ST-Bears

Berrian is better than Jennings, or if anything it's a push. And a healthy Bradley is better than anything Green Bay has right now.

Btw, who the hell is GB's FB? McKie is better than anyone I'm seeing on GB's roster right now.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Bradley better than Koren Robinson Sweetness? ( wait he needs to get outta the clanker first)

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/01/downgoesrex.jpg

http://www.dubfrequency.com/archives/rex_grossman.jpg

Rex Grossman is a Dbag, Brett Favre is not.

bearsfan_51
05-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Actually our last few games of the season were in the playoffs while Brett Favre was home putting up streamers and picking out pastels for his daughters sweet 16 party. You can't compare games that didn't mean **** for us, that's a ridiculously desperate attempt to try to create a false impression of superiority.

Moses
05-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Berrian is better than Jennings, or if anything it's a push. And a healthy Bradley is better than anything Green Bay has right now.

Btw, who the hell is GB's FB? McKie is better than anyone I'm seeing on GB's roster right now.

Wow. This post surprises me. How is Bradley better than Driver? How is Bradley even better than Jennings? Am I misreading this or something?

Also, I think Jennings and Berrian are too close to call at this point. They actually are somewhat similar although I think Jennings has a bit more upside (he could develop into a more complete receiver than Berrian, at least that's what I think).

It's tough to say the Packers WRs are better than anybody's because of what happened after Jennings got hurt last season, but on paper they're very close and could even be better than the Bears.

Moses
05-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Oh...Packers FB situation isn't clear yet. It will be decided in training camp

Brandon Miree - Starter last season
Corey White - UDFA, very fast, impressive thus far, getting reps at HB also
Korey Hall - Draft pick, played LB in college, more of a special teamer right now but they're teaching him FB
DeShawn Wynn - Draft pick, played HB in college but has the size to play FB. Packers are looking at converting him although he could see time at both spots.

Those are the main contenders. Right now, I think Hall will be on the roster for sure as a special teamer and backup FB. Wynn should also earn a roster spot since he can play multiple positions and is the big back the Packers need. White will be hard pressed to crack the roster although if he keeps impressing coaches he could displace Miree.

someone447
05-21-2007, 01:29 AM

Driver>>>>Bradley
Jennings>Berrian
If the packers get KRob back, the third receiver is ahead of the bears also.
FB is neither team's strong suit.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Driver>>>>Bradley
Jennings>Berrian

I meant Bradley is better than what Green Bay has at the #3 slot. Oh and it's pretty equal between Jennings and Berrian, so I'd say it's a push.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Bradley better than Koren Robinson Sweetness? ( wait he needs to get outta the clanker first)

http://www.dubfrequency.com/archives/rex_grossman.jpg

Rex Grossman is a Dbag, Brett Favre is not.

Once Koren Robinson can actually stay on the field, then we'll talk but for now Bradley has the edge for the #3 slot.

And McKie is still better than what the Packers have right now. He's not a great FB but he's solid. He did help open up holes for a pretty potent rushing attack this year. That and he's a good reciever out of the backfield.

bearsfan_51
05-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Driver>>>>Bradley
Jennings>Berrian
There is really nothing to justify Jennings ahead of Berrian at this point. Last season Berrian outperformed Jennings in basically any category you can think of. Sure Jennings could be better, but there's really no way to justify that at this point.

Comparing starters vs. starters has always been a really dumb way to compare teams anyway since this isn't basketball or boxing, but if you want to go there some of your comparisons are pretty baseless.

Moses
05-21-2007, 01:56 AM
There is really nothing to justify Jennings ahead of Berrian at this point. Last season Berrian outperformed Jennings in basically any category you can think of. Sure Jennings could be better, but there's really no way to justify that at this point.

Comparing starters vs. starters has always been a really dumb way to compare teams anyway since this isn't basketball or boxing, but if you want to go there some of your comparisons are pretty baseless.

Actually, Jennings outperformed Berrian until his injury. Had Jennings not been injured, he would have easily surpassed Berrian statistically.

I agree that comparing starters vs. starters doesn't tell much about teams as a whole.

bearsfan_51
05-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Actually, Jennings outperformed Berrian until his injury. Had Jennings not been injured, he would have easily surpassed Berrian statistically.
Well being injured is part of the game. And you can't say he would have unless you're Miss Cleo. Either way, he didn't, so....he didn't.

I think it's a little unbalanced to compare recievers in that way anyway because the Packers are a pass first team where ours is a run first. Not to mention that you had a more stable QB situation last year.

bearsfan_51
05-21-2007, 02:03 AM
When exactly did Jennings get hurt anyway? I remember that but according to NFL.com he only missed the meaningless Week 17 game against us.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 02:05 AM

Not according to NFL.com

Jennings had 632 yards and 3 TD's and Berrian had 775 and 6 TD's.

Berrian was basically inactive for about 3 games (injured for the Giants, didn't play much against the Jets or the Packers).

Right now it's a push with them. Jennings could very well be the better WR but we have no idea. And Berrian could transform himself into a complete WR this year, you never know. Therefore it's a push.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 02:06 AM
When exactly did Jennings get hurt anyway? I remember that but according to NFL.com he only missed the meaningless Week 17 game against us.

I was reading that too. Kinda confused me, I remember Packer fans saying he was hurt but according to NFL.com he didn't miss but one game, and in every game he had yards and receptions. Hmmmm.....Interesting.

Moses
05-21-2007, 02:12 AM
I was reading that too. Kinda confused me, I remember Packer fans saying he was hurt but according to NFL.com he didn't miss but one game, and in every game he had yards and receptions. Hmmmm.....Interesting.

He was nowhere near as effective after he hurt his ankle. I'm not sure on exactly how much time he missed, but he definitely had less balls thrown his way.

If you look at game logs you'll see that Jennings was great early in the year but after his injury he wasn't the same player.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 02:19 AM
He was nowhere near as effective after he hurt his ankle. I'm not sure on exactly how much time he missed, but he definitely had less balls thrown his way.

If you look at game logs you'll see that Jennings was great early in the year but after his injury he wasn't the same player.

Eh he went up and down. Had 2 100 yard games and an 80 yard game early, but he still was around the 50 yard mark a bunch as the season went on.

Berrian was a bit hobbled as well in the middle of the year but he was able to recover.

someone447
05-21-2007, 02:20 AM

Not to mention, he just looked sluggish after his injury, like he wasn't able to move around anymore.

Depth-wise, Chicago is well ahead of Green Bay at every position but DT. Comparing starters was only to prove whoevers point that on paper the talent level is about equal.

Moses
05-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Just on the Jennings note again:

http://i12.tinypic.com/6fta5j6.jpg

Jennings was tearing it up. People were thinking that he'd put up 1000+ yards. Who knows if he would have, but I can all but guarantee he would have outperformed Berrian. Jennings was sort of forgotten after his injury but he was up there with Colston for awhile.

DaBears9654
05-21-2007, 11:33 AM
2 simple words:

Packers suck!

awfullyquiet
05-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Actually our last few games of the season were in the playoffs while Brett Favre was home putting up streamers and picking out pastels for his daughters sweet 16 party. You can't compare games that didn't mean **** for us, that's a ridiculously desperate attempt to try to create a false impression of superiority.

Graduation party! Graduuuuuation party!

anyway

more importantly.

http://www.nfl-legends.com/featured-players/images/nathan-vasher.jpg

is going to take favres #278. And probably take away #421 from him too. mmmm.

GB12
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Just on the Jennings note again:

http://i12.tinypic.com/6fta5j6.jpg

Jennings was tearing it up. People were thinking that he'd put up 1000+ yards. Who knows if he would have, but I can all but guarantee he would have outperformed Berrian. Jennings was sort of forgotten after his injury but he was up there with Colston for awhile.

Whered you get that chart from? The schedule is wrong, we had the Bears in the last week...

princefielder28
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Whered you get that chart from? The schedule is wrong, we had the Bears in the last week...

I don't think one game is right

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Great job Moses, you just posted the entirely wrong schedule, although the stats looks right, haha. That's pretty funny. :D

GB12
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Great job Moses, you just posted the entirely wrong schedule, although the stats looks right, haha. That's pretty funny. :D

Oh, that's this years schedule. Like you said that stats look like they were for the right weeks last year, but still odd.

Moses
05-21-2007, 03:17 PM
The opponents aren't right but the time he got his yards are. I didn't even notice that.

neko4
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Had Jennings continued at the pace he was at the first 5 weeks he wouldve hit 1100, he avgeraged 72 yds per game the first 5

VoteLynnSwan
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Had Jennings continued at the pace he was at the first 5 weeks he wouldve hit 1100, he avgeraged 72 yds per game the first 5

you can't extrapolate stats like that... just doesn't happen.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-21-2007, 04:54 PM

If we're talking like that.

Rex would be the best QB in football.

Since he was awesome the first 5 weeks.

neko4
05-21-2007, 05:40 PM
If we're talking like that.

Rex would be the best QB in football.

Since he was awesome the first 5 weeks.

Sexy Rexy never got injured though, theres a difference

SFbear
05-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Thats debatable. I think someone broke his brain.

bearsfan_51
05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/grossmanladies.jpg

At least nobody broke his sexy. TT may call him a D-bag but I don't see you hanging out with hunnies like this.

SFbear
05-21-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.shortarmguy.com/maddenfavre.jpg

Discuss.

Twiddler
05-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Haha, that's awesome. It kind of reminds me of the avatar with Dickie V and JJ Reddick(I think it was him) that someone had quite awhile ago. Good stuff.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 06:10 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/grossmanladies.jpg

At least nobody broke his sexy. TT may call him a D-bag but I don't see you hanging out with hunnies like this.

I also don't have millions of dollers. Stop denying Rex is a D-bag, you're better than that.

neko4
05-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Thats debatable. I think someone broke his brain.

Well thats true, I give up
I think it was Kampman, possibly an after effect of the week1 game

bearsfan_51
05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I also don't have millions of dollers. Stop denying Rex is a D-bag, you're better than that.

Oh he's a total D-bag. But he's a D-bag with a hot wife and apparently some pretty cute foreign-looking girls that want to rub against his nuts.

I'll give props when they are due.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Oh he's a total D-bag. But he's a D-bag with a hot wife and apparently some pretty cute foreign-looking girls that want to rub against his nuts.

I'll give props when they are due.

You don't have to bang fatty nasty bitties to be a D-bag mon frier.

PACKmanN
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
QB - Green Bay
RB - Chicago
TE - Chicago
CB/S - Chicago
ST - Chicago

Hawk>Briggs
Barnett<Urlacher
Poppinga=Hillenmeyer

Your funny if you think your depth is even good at WR. Hester isnt even a proven WR all he good for is ST.

QB- GB
RB- PUSH(Both teams have unproven runningbacks.)
WR- GB
OL- CHI
TE- CHI
DL-PUSH
LB-PUSH
S-GB (Collins is better then manning and has the skills to be better and both Archuleta and Manuel cant cover anything.)
ST-CHI

PACKmanN
05-21-2007, 11:57 PM
http://www.shortarmguy.com/maddenfavre.jpg

Discuss.

Discuss

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Hawk>Briggs
Barnett<Urlacher
Poppinga=Hillenmeyer

Your funny if you think your depth is even good at WR. Hester isnt even a proven WR all he good for is ST.

QB- GB
RB- PUSH(Both teams have unproven runningbacks.)
WR- GB
OL- CHI
TE- CHI
DL-PUSH
LB-PUSH
S-GB (Collins is better then manning and has the skills to be better and both Archuleta and Manuel cant cover anything.)
ST-CHI

Hawk better than Briggs after one season in the NFL?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM

He had a very bad shoulder injury that never went public. That was the reason for his inconsistent performances. A fully healthy Rex is what you saw through the first 5 weeks, make no doubt about it.

bearsfan_51
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM
He had a very bad shoulder injury that never went public. That was the reason for his inconsistent performances. A fully healthy Rex is what you saw through the first 5 weeks, make no doubt about it.
Umm........

You're joking right?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Lol @ AJ Hawk being better than the best WLB in the NFL.

What a freaking joke.

DL-PUSH : Stop kidding your self. If you can honestly sit here and think GBs defensive line is just as good as the Bears you're sick and need to seek some treatment. Tone down the homerism about 10 notches and get somewhat serious here.

Key word here: to be.

You're so delusional buddy It's not even funny.. GB is going no where next year.. Hell, you guys might finish last in the division. I hope you enjoy watching our Bears roll through the NFC again.

The Packers are the bottom feeders of the NFC North the sooner you realize this the less you will be disappointed during this upcoming season.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Umm........

You're joking right?

Obviously.

someone447
05-22-2007, 12:53 AM

What a freaking joke.

DL-PUSH : Stop kidding your self. If you can honestly sit here and think GBs defensive line is just as good as the Bears you're sick and need to seek some treatment. Tone down the homerism about 10 notches and get somewhat serious here.

You're so delusional buddy It's not even funny.. GB is going no where next year.. Hell, you guys might finish last in the division. I hope you enjoy watching our Bears roll through the NFC again.

The Packers are the bottom feeders of the NFC North the sooner you realize this the less you will be disappointed during this upcoming season.

DE-Push, Kampmann is much better than either of your guys, your 2 are better than Jenkins
S-Collins is better than manning, Archuleta and Manual can't cover for ****, but Archuleta is better.
Briggs is better now, without a doubt. Hawk will be better. Plus, you guys might not even have briggs next year.

The thing the Bears have over the Packers is depth. Starters wise, they are about even. Considering no one has said anything against my rankings, I would say they are pretty damn accurate. With no injuries to either team, they split the season series, because that is just what they do. It doesn't matter how good either team is, they always split the series.

Packers will not be last in the division. They will win 2 against detroit, against minny at home, and against the bears at home. Both the Packers and Bears make the playoffs, with the Bears winning the division and getting a bye.

someone447
05-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Hawk < Briggs
Barnett<Urlacher
Poppinga < Hillenmeyer

QB- GB
RB- Bears, by a small margin
WR- GB
Tackles-GB
Interior OL- CHI
TE- CHI
DL-PUSH
LB-Bears
ST-CHI

There, fixed it for you.

bearfan
05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
QB: Pack
RB: Chi (Benson+Peterson+Wolfe, we have the talent and depth)
WR: Pack (more big time players, but not as much depth. We have a lot of average players)
TE: Chi
OL: Chi (right now, vets get the adv)
DL: Tie
LB: Tie (Pack will be one of best in future)
CB: Tie
S: Chi (Brown, Arch, Harris, Manning then plus some. Brown when healthy is one of the best in the league.)

M1Koter
05-22-2007, 06:39 AM
WR: Pack (more big time players, but not as much depth. We have a lot of average players)
S: Chi (Brown, Arch, Harris, Manning then plus some. Brown when healthy is one of the best in the league.)

there is no way in hell the bears corners are equal to the packers. Whether they get the reckinition or not the Harris and Woodson are better than Vasher and Tillman, it's not even close dude

SFbear
05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
there is no way in hell the bears corners are equal to the packers. Whether they get the reckinition or not the Harris and Woodson are better than Vasher and Tillman, it's not even close dude

<cue Chad Johnson quote about Al Harris>

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM

What a freaking joke.

Explain to me whats makes the DL Sooooooooo far apart from eachother?

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bretteyeix6.jpg

You be careful what you say about die furur, he's watching you.

bearfan
05-22-2007, 03:18 PM

We have depth also with Ricky Manning JR who could start on any NFL team ;)

drowe
05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
dudes
The Bears Still Suck.
ya had a nice little team the last 2 years, but we all know how it ends. hope ya enjoyed your 2 years in the sun. now, time to hibernate and watch the real teams play.

bearsfan_51
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Enough with the Packers corners. Your pass defense was dogshit last year. It obviously wasn't your pass rush, which we all acknowledge is very good. It certainly wasn't just Marquand Manuel (although he does suck ass as I tried to tell all of you last summer).

Boston

What a freaking joke.

Thanks for that... Somebody hold this ten year old back.

bearsfan_51
dudes
The Bears Still Suck.
ya had a nice little team the last 2 years, but we all know how it ends. hope ya enjoyed your 2 years in the sun. now, time to hibernate and watch the real teams play.
Remember when you said that last year and you were dead ass wrong? You're just itching for another Rex Grossman sig aren't you?

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Remember when you said that last year and you were dead ass wrong? You're just itching for another Rex Grossman sig aren't you?

Atleased he's not itching to relieve his crabs like you....snap.

sweetness34
05-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Atleased he's not itching to relieve his crabs like you....snap.

That he got from banging your mom.

neko4
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Wolfe will be a beast, I hate to say it but he will

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for that... Somebody hold this ten year old back.

Oh okay "Boston"

Don't you guys just love how a bunch of Brewer sigs pop up after the Brewers get off to a nice start? Yet, around this time last year they were no where to be found.. Way to jump on the bandwagon.

GB12
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh okay "Boston"

Don't you guys just love how a bunch of Brewer sigs pop up after the Brewers get off to a nice start? Yet, around this time last year they were no where to be found.. Way to jump on the bandwagon.
1. We were off to a nice start last year too
2. You weren't even around at this time last year
3. Bandwagon? I've been a Brewers fan my whole life, all through those ****** years. I can finally watch a winning team. I'm sure many others are the same
4. I didn't even use a sig at all until like september last year
5. What does this have to do with anything?

Nice try though:)

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
That he got from banging your mom.
That's even worse than my comeback, I like.

regoob2
05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
so since a lot of the packers fans say they have a better qb wr and secondary and as good of a running game dl and lbs the why did you guys go 8-8? really 7-9 if we cared to beat you in the last game.

Donno
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Packers suck, end of story.

someone447
05-22-2007, 10:35 PM
so since a lot of the packers fans say they have a better qb wr and secondary and as good of a running game dl and lbs the why did you guys go 8-8? really 7-9 if we cared to beat you in the last game.

You lost your leading rusher... Your O-line was miles ahead of ours, and the LBs were very bad early in the year.

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Packers suck, end of story.

Comming from a cardinals fan I'll show you what your opinion means to me...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9537/shitiy3.png (http://imageshack.us)

Moses
05-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Youth and inexperience is the main reason the Packers struggled early in the season. The Packers entire team was learning a new system and countless young players were expected to step in and start right away.

TitleTown088
05-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Packers will easily win the division next year.

Crazy_Chris
05-25-2007, 01:34 AM

And that's easily the most hilarious statement i have read on this Website

bearfan
05-25-2007, 07:31 AM

what a Joke. I will acknowlage that you guys will be a stronger team than last year, but to say that you guys will easily win the division is rediculous.

LitoSheppard
05-25-2007, 07:44 AM

LOL

That's like when my redskin fan brother says their going to the super bowl, for the last 3 seasons he said it we always bet 20 $

I DO think the packers will win the division but you say easily? that's ridicoulas. There is no such thing as easy with the Bears this year.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8208/gbsigbm0.jpg

If any packer fan wants to use, please rep and cred.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2872/favre12krl7.jpg

Crazy_Chris
05-26-2007, 12:02 AM
what a Joke. I will acknowlage that you guys will be a stronger team than last year, but to say that you guys will easily win the division is rediculous.

I wouldn't even really Acknowledge that they have become a stronger team what have they really done to make that a stronger team than Last years? Unless releasing their top RB, FB & TE is considered making the team stronger. They have a Pretty good defense ill give them that. But Now they are taking the Running back By commitee approach on offense and relying on Vernand Morrency and Brandon Jackson to provide a solid run game. Then at WR they have Donald Driver(underrated WR) but after that they are relying on a guy coming off a good rookie Year in Greg Jennings who seems to have attained God-like status by Packer Fans for only have a good first half of the year, and it seems to be just accepted in green bay that he will be better this year which is absurd, a rookie having half of a good season does not mean they will progress in the second season a la Cadilac Williams, and Micheal Clayton(both of which had much better rookie years) just to name a couple. Then they are going to rely on a guy who is coming off a year long suspension and has a tragic Drinking Problem who before you know it will more than Likely be unfortunatly arrested for another DUI. If you ask me their whole offense is going to rely Heavily on Brett Favre and he will have to throw 25+ tds and only 10(or less) ints for the Pack to even have a chance.

The worst thing of all is that after all of that, Most of the packer fans still seem to believe that they will Automatically be challenging the bears for the NFC North title this year becuase they Overachieved, finishing off last year strong by beating a Mediocre team, the San Fransisco 49er's. A Very Bad Team, the Detriot Lions. A team that struggled very badly down the stretch, The Vikings and in that game their defense did not give up a single point and they still almost lost if not for Favre's last minute drive. And finally they beat a team that was preparing for the playoffs and just didnt care anymore, the Bears. Because of those wins they are all of the sudden automatically going to challenge the bears for the title this year. What a Joke! With the Tougher Schedule this year the Pack will be lucky to be 8-8 again, the only thing holding this team back from a Top 5 pick in the draft is Brett Favre.

bearfan
05-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Nah, I think you're wrong. Their defense is pretty decent IMO
DE: Kamp, KGB, (Jenkins?)
DT: Harrell, some other dec guy
LB: Hawk,Barnett,Popinga, Hodge
CB: Harris, Woodson
S: COLLINS, manuel

Their OL should be improved. The pass game is pretty good. Run game is the biggest ?. I personally really like Brandon Jackson, but I dont think a RB by comittee will work this year for them. Personally I think it was a mistake to trade Samkon gado. While they may not win the division, I think 8-8 record would be a good goal to shoot for. The defense has potential to be real good, which is what I meant by stronger team

GB12
05-26-2007, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't even really Acknowledge that they have become a stronger team what have they really done to make that a stronger team than Last years? The draft and a years experience. We are full of young players, I believe it's the youngest team in the league. If you watched the Packers last year you would have seen the improvement made by the young guys through out the season, particularily the O-line. Sure you may look at the draft and think it sucked. Fine, but you're not giving them a chance. AJ Hawk, Gregg Jennings, Jason Spitz, Daryn Colledge, and Tony Moll all started at least 10 games last year. Out of those only Hawk was a big name coming out. Same kind of thing this year, not big names but let's see what they can do. Unless releasing their top RB, FB & TE is considered making the team stronger. Yes we lost Green(definitely not worth the money he got though). TE we lost David Matin. Martin is nothing, pretty much the same as Donald Lee. We didn't lose anything there. By the end of last year Henderson was not our best FB. I like the guy a lot, he is a fan favorite, but he was losing it due to old age. Miree outplayed him and was the starter. So you're 1 for 3 there and you just stole that from BF51 anyway. They have a Pretty good defense ill give them that. But Now they are taking the Running back By commitee approach on offense and relying on Vernand Morrency and Brandon Jackson to provide a solid run game. I'll give you this one. Our run game is a big question right now. I like Morency, giving him the bigger part of the split between Jackson could work out, but it won't be anything special. Then at WR they have Donald Driver(underrated WR) but after that they are relying on a guy coming off a good rookie Year in Greg Jennings who seems to have attained God-like status by Packer Fans for only have a good first half of the year, and it seems to be just accepted in green bay that he will be better this year which is absurd, a rookie having half of a good season does not mean they will progress in the second season a la Cadilac Williams, and Micheal Clayton(both of which had much better rookie years) just to name a couple. Then they are going to rely on a guy who is coming off a year long suspension and has a tragic Drinking Problem who before you know it will more than Likely be unfortunatly arrested for another DUI. Talk about a run on sentence. Anyway Driver is a very good #1, I know you weren't questioning him, but we are set there. Jennings was only a rookie, got hurt and still put up 630 yards. He did more than what was expected of him. I'd take him in a second over any WR the Vikings have. You said we are relying on Koren Robinson. I don't know where you got that from at all. We have Ruevell Martin, Robert Ferguson, then the 2 rookies we drafted, Jones in the 3rd, Clowney in the fifth. Robinson would be nice if he comes back, but we aren't depending on him. Martin had 350 yards last year which is greater than the average #3 WR in the NFL last year. I'm not sure he'll even be the #3 next year. Really our WRs are always made out to be complete ****, but when stacked against the rest of the NFL they are at the middle. Should Robinson return to form (I know huge if, but just saying) that would put us pretty high up on the WR rankings. If you ask me their whole offense is going to rely Heavily on Brett Favre and he will have to throw 25+ tds and only 10(or less) ints for the Pack to even have a chance. He won't have to throw less than ten INTs. He has never done it before and I'll assure you he won't do it this year. Yes Favre will be a big part but you just pulled those stats out of your ass.

The worst thing of all is that after all of that, Most of the packer fans still seem to believe that they will Automatically be challenging the bears for the NFC North title this year becuase they Overachieved, finishing off last year strong by beating a Mediocre team, the San Fransisco 49er's. A Very Bad Team, the Detriot Lions. A team that struggled very badly down the stretch, The Vikings and in that game their defense did not give up a single point and they still almost lost if not for Favre's last minute drive. Again try using a period every once in a while. Very few are saying that we will beat out the Bears for the nNorth. Most think that they could be a wild card team, which is completely realistic in the NFC. And finally they beat a team that was preparing for the playoffs and just didnt care anymore, the Bears. Because of those wins they are all of the sudden automatically going to challenge the bears for the title this year. What a Joke! With the Tougher Schedule this year the Pack will be lucky to be 8-8 again, the only thing holding this team back from a Top 5 pick in the draft is Brett Favre.

Response in bold

GB12
05-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Personally I think it was a mistake to trade Samkon gado.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Are you serious? We ripped them off getting Morency for just Gado straight up. I never liked Gado, I've said since we first heard of him and he was a acker that he sucked. Good story and a mericle season for him, but just pick any guy from the FA pool and he's better than Gado. Morency will most likely be the starter next year. Where will Gado be? unemployed. If we really wanted him we could go sign him before the season starts. But we won't because he sucks.

bearfan
05-26-2007, 09:35 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little. Are you serious? We ripped them off getting Morency for just Gado straight up. I never liked Gado, I've said since we first heard of him and he was a acker that he sucked. Good story and a mericle season for him, but just pick any guy from the FA pool and he's better than Gado. Morency will most likely be the starter next year. Where will Gado be? unemployed. If we really wanted him we could go sign him before the season starts. But we won't because he sucks.

I am serious, besides the fumbling problems he was pretty good. He did get the job done didnt he? And he did produce.

According to NFL.com, in the 5 games he started (played in 8) he had 582 yards, averaging 4.1ypc. He also scored 6TDs. Now for an UNDF Rookie, thats incredible for the amount of games he played in IMO. He's a good RB, and IMO was in the right situation w/ you guys. Now he'll suck b/c of no PT

neko4
05-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I am serious, besides the fumbling problems he was pretty good. He did get the job done didnt he? And he did produce.

According to NFL.com, in the 5 games he started (played in 8) he had 582 yards, averaging 4.1ypc. He also scored 6TDs. Now for an UNDF Rookie, thats incredible for the amount of games he played in IMO. He's a good RB, and IMO was in the right situation w/ you guys. Now he'll suck b/c of no PT

I give the guy 2-3 more years in the league. He'll have his moment again but it wont be like i '05. Then he'll go to med school like he said he would. And Im sure he'll be a great doctor.

someone447
05-26-2007, 11:17 AM

You have just lost all respectablity. Morency is a much better running back, he is better in every single catagory. This is coming from someone who really wants Gado to succeed. He was a great story, and a servicible UDFA running back. Morency is a GOOD backup.

bearfan
05-26-2007, 11:52 AM
You have just lost all respectablity. Morency is a much better running back, he is better in every single catagory. This is coming from someone who really wants Gado to succeed. He was a great story, and a servicible UDFA running back. Morency is a GOOD backup.

I never said that Morencey was a bad or worse RB. I really have never seen him play either, I was just saying that I liked Gado, and I thought he could have done well on the packers. I could care less about the story, I just really liked him as a RB.

sweetness34
05-26-2007, 04:52 PM

That's right, he's a GOOD backup. You have no #1 RB right now on your roster.

TitleTown088
05-26-2007, 05:10 PM

What's Cedric Benson so far? Back up..? Don't forget you lost your #1 RB as well.

And as for my Packers will easily win the division comment, you guys don't remember llode do you?

princefielder28
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
What's Cedric Benson so far? Back up..? Don't forget you lost your #1 RB as well.

And as for my Packers will easily win the division comment, you guys don't remember llode do you?

In the Bears defense Benson was the 4th overall pick so he has a longer and more proven track record than Morency but both have their question marks

sweetness34
05-26-2007, 05:16 PM

Please don't compare Cedric Benson to Vernand Morency. Cedric actually outperformed TJ at the end of the regular season and most of us were calling for Benson to start and move TJ to the #2.

TitleTown088
05-26-2007, 05:18 PM
In the Bears defense Benson was the 4th overall pick so he has a longer and more proven track record than Morency but both have their question marks

Well Obviously, but he still hasn't proved anything spectacular yet either. Just b/c someone is drafted higher doesn't guarantee success. Does he look more sexy on paper? Of course. Is he the better back? Probably. However, it's not like the Bears have LT in their backfield, they have some question marks too with their leading rusher leaving.

sweetness34
05-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Well Obviously, but he still hasn't proved anything spectacular yet either. Just b/c someone is drafted higher doesn't guarantee success. Does he look more sexy on paper? Of course. Is he the better back? Probably. However, it's not like the Bears have LT in their backfield, they have some question marks too with their leading rusher leaving.

Cedric is actually a much better fit for our running game than what TJ is. Ced is a downhill power runner that punishes defenses. TJ was more of a finesse back and dance around and tried to find holes.

If Ced can stay healthy, I think he can easily attain 1500 yards this season. Now that he's the man and now that he'll have the bulk of the carries, he'll get a better feel for every game instead of having spot carries all the time.

TitleTown088
05-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Cedric is actually a much better fit for our running game than what TJ is. Ced is a downhill power runner that punishes defenses. TJ was more of a finesse back and dance around and tried to find holes.

If Ced can stay healthy, I think he can easily attain 1500 yards this season. Now that he's the man and now that he'll have the bulk of the carries, he'll get a better feel for every game instead of having spot carries all the time. If he's such a better fit why the hell was Thomas Jones the Bears best offensive player? Why didn't the coaching staff put in Cedric if he was a better fit? Did ol' Lovie just say, " screw it, we got someone better on the bench, but think i'll stick with Thomas" ? Sorry, I don't buy that one bit. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems to make no sense whatsoever to me.

someone447
05-26-2007, 06:12 PM

Which is why I gave the running back edge to chicago... That was ONLY in response to saying we shouldn't have traded Gado. We got Morency for him, and Morency is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than Gado.

sweetness34
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
If he's such a better fit why the hell was Thomas Jones the Bears best offensive player? Why didn't the coaching staff put in Cedric if he was a better fit? Did ol' Lovie just say, " screw it, we got someone better on the bench, but think i'll stick with Thomas" ? Sorry, I don't buy that one bit. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems to make no sense whatsoever to me.

Cedric had the starting job before he was injured in training camp. Then one TJ started to get going he basically sealed up the job and Ced really didn't healthy until the start of the season. Cedric outperformed TJ multiple times this season in limited action, but Lovie wanted to stay with TJ. For his abilities and running style, Cedric is a better fit than what TJ is. Thomas danced around too much for my liking even though he had a very good season. Cedric hits the line very fast and doesn't waste time in the backfield. And since our OL is one of the best run blocking units in the league, Cedric will thrive if he can stay healthy.

You can't really replace a guy who is rushing for 1300 yards TT, even if Cedric is the better fit. Jones produced this season, and I don't fault Lovie for sticking with him. But as far as running ability goes, Cedric is a better fit than TJ for this offense because he is a downhill power runner that wears defenses down over the course of a game.

awfullyquiet
05-27-2007, 03:08 AM
and then open up the game for wolfe and peterson in the fourth quarter.

pow pow pow!

DaBears9654
05-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Well they drafted Tony Mandarich ahead of Barry Sanders, so I'd say that one probably speaks for itself.
That's the Packers for you. Draft some lame, do-nothing offensive (emphasis on "fen" instead of "of") lineman instead of a Hall-of-Fame running back. :p

sweetness34
05-27-2007, 09:19 PM
That's the Packers for you. Draft some lame, do-nothing offensive (emphasis on "fen" instead of "of") lineman instead of a Hall-of-Fame running back. :p

You forgot roid headed in between lame and do-nothing.

GB12
05-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Here are the first rounders from 1993 to 2003(10 years, too early to judge ones past that).

1993 Bears pick: Curtis Conway - notable players in the next 5 picks: Jerome Bettis and Willie Roaf

1994 Bears pick: John Thierry - in the next 5: Aaron Glenn and Joe Johnson

1995 Bears Pick: Rashaan Salaam - next five: Ty Law

1996 Bears Pick: Walt Harris - next 5: Eddie George, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison

1997-No first rounder

1998 Bears Pick: Curtis Enis - next 5: Grant Wistrom, Fred Taylor, Greg Ellis

1999 Bears pick: Cade McNown - next 5: John Tait, Anthony McFarland, Jevon Kearse

2000 Bears pick: Brian Urlacher - Finally you get one right.

2001 Bears pick: David Terrell - uh oh back again - Next 5: Marcus Stroud

2002 Bears Pick: Marc Colombo - next 5: Kendall Simmons

2003 Bears Pick: Michael Haynes - next 5: Troy Polamalu, Bryant Johnson

2003 Bears 2nd first round pick: Rex Grossman - next 5: Dallas Clark, Larry Johnson

DaBears9654
05-27-2007, 11:29 PM
A few problems with that, GB12. And please don't tell me that 12 in your s/n is in reference to Aaron Rodgers.

1993 Bears pick: Curtis Conway - notable players in the next 5 picks: Jerome Bettis and Willie Roaf
Obviously, he wasn't like a Pro Bowler or anything like that, but Conway was a solid wideout for the Bears and, for much of his time with the team, was one of their starting WRs.
2002 Bears Pick: Marc Colombo - next 5: Kendall Simmons
His being let go was due to injuries, not ineffectiveness.
2003 Bears 2nd first round pick: Rex Grossman - next 5: Dallas Clark, Larry Johnson
Yes, he's had some bad games; I'd have to be stupid not to see that, but he has also had some good games. IMO, the jury's still out on Rex. Of course, this year, with the new weapons and full season starting under his belt, he'll have no excuses for the lousy games.

Other than that, I'll give you all the others.

GB12
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
A few problems with that, GB12. And please don't tell me that 12 in your s/n is in reference to Aaron Rodgers.

Obviously, he wasn't like a Pro Bowler or anything like that, but Conway was a solid wideout for the Bears and, for much of his time with the team, was one of their starting WRs.

His being let go was due to injuries, not ineffectiveness.

Yes, he's had some bad games; I'd have to be stupid not to see that, but he has also had some good games. IMO, the jury's still out on Rex. Of course, this year, with the new weapons and full season starting under his belt, he'll have no excuses for the lousy games.

Other than that, I'll give you all the others.

I can tell you that the 12 has absolutely nothing to do with Rodgers.

My point was just to show that you're past drafting has been nothing to brag about. And Rex was getting to the point where it's a bit up in the air which is why I stopped after that year. However I would still take LJ over him. So give us what you want about Sanders but you passed on some good running backs as well, while taking two RB busts over the good ones twice.

neko4
05-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Jerome Bettis or WIllie Roaf>Curtis Conway
LJ>Grossman

Simple as that

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I can tell you that the 12 has absolutely nothing to do with Rodgers.

My point was just to show that you're past drafting has been nothing to brag about. And Rex was getting to the point where it's a bit up in the air which is why I stopped after that year. However I would still take LJ over him. So give us what you want about Sanders but you passed on some good running backs as well, while taking two RB busts over the good ones twice.

Our past drafting has been nothing to brag about? Um I don't think so GB, while it hasn't been amazing it's been very good IMO. Our 1st round drafting yes I'll agree with, it's been a hit or miss type thing. We got Urlacher and Harris but we also got Colombo, Terrell, and Haynes (jury is still out on Rex).

But here are the players JA has drafted; Vasher, Tillman, Brown, Briggs, Johnson, Anderson, Brown, Berrian, Hester, Gould (UFDA), Hillenmeyer (UFDA), Urlacher, Harris, Scott (Eagles), Manning, etc...The jury is still out on some of his picks (Olsen, Wolfe, Williams, Okwo, Payne, Dvoracek, etc) but for the most part JA has done a very good job at drafting, especially in the mid-later rounds. JA has drafted about 7 Pro Bowlers in his tenure in Chicago (1 alternate, actually 2). Not too shabby.

GB12
05-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Our past drafting has been nothing to brag about? Um I don't think so GB, while it hasn't been amazing it's been very good IMO. Our 1st round drafting yes I'll agree with, it's been a hit or miss type thing. We got Urlacher and Harris but we also got Colombo, Terrell, and Haynes (jury is still out on Rex).

But here are the players JA has drafted; Vasher, Tillman, Brown, Briggs, Johnson, Anderson, Brown, Berrian, Hester, Gould (UFDA), Hillenmeyer (UFDA), Urlacher, Harris, Scott (Eagles), Manning, etc...The jury is still out on some of his picks (Olsen, Wolfe, Williams, Okwo, Payne, Dvoracek, etc) but for the most part JA has done a very good job at drafting, especially in the mid-later rounds. JA has drafted about 7 Pro Bowlers in his tenure in Chicago (1 alternate, actually 2). Not too shabby.
That would be recent, not past. You brought up Mandarich over Sanders so I brought up the crap picks that the Bears had in the first round.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Well if you guys are ripping on the Packers for not taking Sanders I'll take it. What would have happened if the Packers had taken Sanders? Well, for one Infante would have likely stayed as GM of the Packers and would have probably never gotten Ron Wolf. No Ron Wolf no Favre, no super bowl, no Holmgren, no Reggie White. Now it doesn't look to bad, eh?

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 04:49 PM
That would be recent, not past. You brought up Mandarich over Sanders so I brought up the crap picks that the Bears had in the first round.

No I didn't, I said Mandarich was a roid head, I never said anything about taking him over Sanders. Ok I kinda did but it wasn't intentional. Tony was supposedly one of the greatest OT prospects ever, so I don't fault GB for taking this guy. I doubt they knew about his steroid addiction.

Boston
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
No I didn't, I said Mandarich was a roid head, I never said anything about taking him over Sanders. Ok I kinda did but it wasn't intentional. Tony was supposedly one of the greatest OT prospects ever, so I don't fault GB for taking this guy. I doubt they knew about his steroid addiction.

Ha. You only doubt it.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Ha. You only doubt it.

Did they really know?

Boston
05-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Did they really know?

What do you think.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
What do you think.

Well you know more than me and if you're asking me this question, then yes they did know which changes my opinion about that pick now.

Boston
05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Well you know more than me and if you're asking me this question, then yes they did know which changes my opinion about that pick now.

I asked you that in a sarcastic tone. Try to keep up. :(

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I asked you that in a sarcastic tone. Try to keep up. :(

Sarcasm doesn't to do well over the internet Boston, come on now try to keep up. :D

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
How come there isn't any Lions/ any other NFC north team trash talking thread?

someone447
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Because that would be like rubbing salt on a wound.

GB12
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
How come there isn't any Lions/ any other NFC north team trash talking thread?

Because no one hates the Lions. If anything I feel kind of sorry for those poor bastards.

gbpackers0065
05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
BF_51's mother is a goddess!

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Because that would be like rubbing salt on a wound.

If it were the Bears or Vikings in that position I'd do it all day long. I just think it's hard to hate Detriot.

bearsfan_51
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh I hate Lions fans. Far more than Packers fans to be honest. I hate almost all things Detroit/Michigan.

bearsfan_51
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
She sure is.

Boston
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh I hate Lions fans. Far more than Packers fans to be honest. I hate almost all things Detroit/Michigan.

Ahh... We're flattered.

sweetness34
05-29-2007, 09:31 PM

No she's a Saint. Btw is her first name Dorothy? Because if it is that'd be ******* sweet.

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 10:36 PM
No she's a Saint. Btw is her first name Dorothy? Because if it is that'd be ******* sweet.

How can some one who gave birth to the anti-Christ be a saint....?

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 10:39 PM

Meh, I can get a little tired of their continuous optimism when then know football success in Detroit is futile. However, you can't rip on them for being fair weather because they always suck, at leased that is admirable. They are nothing compared to Vikings fans(and Bear fans ).

sweetness34
05-29-2007, 10:42 PM
How can some one who gave birth to the anti-Christ be a saint....?

Why is 51' the anti-christ TT?

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Why is 51' the anti-christ TT?
Da bears.... That's why.

sweetness34
05-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Da bears.... That's why.

I might ask you then, how can you root for the anti-christ that wears #4 for the green and yellow? God loves the Bears, so Satan created Brett Favre to spite his holyness. And God sent down Brian Urlacher and Tommie Harris to defeat Satan. Which he has done. So God (the Bears) win. But Satan is not done fighting yet. In order to save Packer nation from crumbling to bits, he has asked Brett to stay a couple more years in hopes to give the fans some false confidence before the Green Bay franchise is destoryed by the loss of the anti-christ known as Brett Favre. God also sent down Aaron Rodgers to decieve Packer nation into thinking they have an answer for #4 at QB.

bearsfan_51
05-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Praise be to Allah.

gbpackers0065
05-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Praise be to Allah.

Sleeper Cell?

drowe
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh okay "Boston"

born in milwaukee in 1980. first brewer game in 87. been to opening day every year since 2004. i'm, without a doubt, a bigger brewer fan than a packer fan, and i live down the road from lambeau field now.

ya wanna talk about disappearing fans, wait til the bears next losing season.

drowe
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM
51, i have to ask. what is up with manbearpig twirling a hawaiin punch in your sig?

awfullyquiet
05-31-2007, 03:09 AM
I might ask you then, how can you root for the anti-christ that wears #4 for the green and yellow? God loves the Bears, so Satan created Brett Favre to spite his holyness. And God sent down Brian Urlacher and Tommie Harris to defeat Satan. Which he has done. So God (the Bears) win. But Satan is not done fighting yet. In order to save Packer nation from crumbling to bits, he has asked Brett to stay a couple more years in hopes to give the fans some false confidence before the Green Bay franchise is destoryed by the loss of the anti-christ known as Brett Favre. God also sent down Aaron Rodgers to decieve Packer nation into thinking they have an answer for #4 at QB.

too much sweetness.
too much.

drowe
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM

so, let's review, God allowed his team, the Bears, to win one superbowl while they were led by a rumored atheist at QB. The Packers, however, have won 3 Superbowls.

And, if god loves Urlacher and Harris so much, why does he keep injuring them? While Brett Favre is seemingly invincible.

your argument is very flawed.

TitleTown088
05-31-2007, 11:43 AM
so, let's review, God allowed his team, the Bears, to win one superbowl while they were led by a rumored atheist at QB. The Packers, however, have won 3 Superbowls.

And, if god loves Urlacher and Harris so much, why does he keep injuring them? While Brett Favre is seemingly invincible.

your argument is very flawed.
Yeah, that and the fact that god plays for the Pack and wears #4.

gbpackers0065
05-31-2007, 04:43 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/nymets0065/jesus01.jpg

GB12
05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/nymets0065/jesus01.jpg
Cheesus Christ

Boston
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Who would win in a fight, Brett Favre, or Coach Ditka?

TitleTown088
06-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Who would win in a fight, Brett Favre, or Coach Ditka?

Favre, Chicago is a city full of chumps and losers.

gbpackers0065
06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Favre, Chicago is a city full of chumps and losers.

QFT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DaBears9654
08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
"With the first pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select...."

drowe
08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
"With the first pick in the 2008 NFL draft, acquired from Chicago Bears in a trade, the Green Bay Packers select...."

fixed it for ya :)

DaBears9654
08-08-2007, 05:09 PM
You wish, drowe!

DaBears9654
08-10-2007, 10:46 PM
What would be really hilarious is if the Packers had the first pick and then, found some way to make him into a humongous bust. I would bust a gut laughing.

As we should all know, it's not that foreign of a concept for the #1 overall pick to be a bust. It happened 1999-2001*.

* - In 2002's case, it's not fair to call David Carr a bust b/c he was playing behind the absolute worst OL in history.

ny10804
08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
You know how I know you're ***?

http://9.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/b/c/collegehumor.859a21cb396167999f1a894c75305c26.jpg

awfullyquiet
08-27-2007, 05:16 AM

http://9.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/b/c/collegehumor.859a21cb396167999f1a894c75305c26.jpg

i guess all those kids from the LLWS are too.
(okay, four of them)

lod01
08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Goodbye Lance Briggs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-070827edens-crash,0,933588.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

Goddell is swift with justice.

sweetness34
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Goodbye Lance Briggs? For that? Um I don't think so.

regoob2
08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
there is absoluetly no evidence. he not charged with anything. he's not going to get suspended. he could just say that he crashed and left to go get help. this is getting blown up bigger than it should.

VoteLynnSwan
08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ZBqT_H4Esp

bearsfan_51
08-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Goodbye Lance Briggs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-070827edens-crash,0,933588.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

Goddell is swift with justice.
You are honestly the biggest jag-off I've ever witnessed on here.

bearsfan_51
08-28-2007, 12:22 PM

OMGZ!!! Everyone that likes Coldplay is ****!! Seriously. Is that your mentality? Grow up.

awfullyquiet
08-28-2007, 08:15 PM
there is absoluetly no evidence. he not charged with anything. he's not going to get suspended. he could just say that he crashed and left to go get help. this is getting blown up bigger than it should.

Agreed. If anyone watched the interview with him at practice, he said he panicked and called the cops back 10 minutes later and said, it wasn't stolen. which is more in line with someone who panicked because, well. if i crashed my 350k car, i'd be panicking too.

someone447
08-28-2007, 08:42 PM
OMGZ!!! Everyone that likes Coldplay is ****!! Seriously. Is that your mentality? Grow up.

You do know what that is in reference to, don't you?

The whole Lance Briggs thing is a little fishy. That sounds more like he had some alcohol in his system, but, even though he is a bear, I will with hold judgment until the facts come out. Stupid conscience...

Boston
08-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Haha.

Cal: [David and Cal Playing a video Game] You're ***** now?
David: No, I'm not *** I'm just celibate.
Cal: I think? I mean, that sounds ga- I just want you to know this is like the first conversation of like three conversations that leads to you being ***. Like... there's this and then in a year it's like, "Oh you know, I kinda wanna, ya know, get back out there but I think I like guys" and then there's the big, "Oh I'm I'm a g-*** guy now".
David: You're *** for saying that.
Cal: I'm *** for saying that?
David: You know how I know you're ***?
Cal: How? How do you know I'm ***?
David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.
Cal: You know how I know *you're* ***? You just told me you're not sleeping with women any more.
David: You know how I know that you're ***?
Cal: How? Cuz you're ***? and you can tell who other *** people are.
David: You know how I know you're ***?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.

That'd be the 40 year old virgin.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
this thread is stupid, let's face it, bears fans will always think the packers suck and packers fans will always think the bears suck

DaBears9654
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
this thread is stupid, let's face it, bears fans will always think the packers suck and packers fans will always think the bears suck
True. And we Bears fans are right on that subject.

bearsfan_51
08-29-2007, 01:47 AM

Really? Cause I thought we were going to resolve that whole issue.

And yeah..I didn't catch the movie reference. Sorry, my bad.

drowe
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
ahem. *cough*

how's last place working out for ya Bear fans?

DaBears9654
09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
ahem. *cough*

Not for long.

And uh........

4th & 26

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
ahem. *cough*

Kinda cozy actually.

Don't worry..you'll get to play the Chargers too. Although with B.Jacobs, Osi, and possibly Eli out, I actually like the Packers chance to beat the Giants this week. That along with the fact that the Vikes and Lions play each other (ie: someone has to win) and it might be a few more weeks till we reclaim our rightful place.

neko4
09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Not for long.

And uh........

4th & 26
3 super bowls to 1

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
3 super bowls to 1
Yeah I bet those Superbowls they won in the 1960's are really dear to your heart.

drowe
09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
1-4th and 26 was almost 5 years ago. we're kinda over it.
2-bears still suck.
3-those superbowls the packers won in the 60's are near to my heart because i get to hold 'em over the collective head of the NFC north because none of the other teams can seem to win multiples.
4-didn't cedric benson used to be good before the bears got a hold of him?
5-remember last year when the bears lost the superbowl? that was fun.

neko4
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah I bet those Superbowls they won in the 1960's are really dear to your heart.
yeah, why wouldnt they be?

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah, why wouldnt they be?
Umm...you weren't born yet. Hell your parents might not have been born yet.

Don't get me wrong, as a professional historian I obviously appreciate the past, but I've never understood the "my team did this in 1930 and your team didn't argument". I mean...I've never really understood the fact that people feel they are somehow better for living in a city with a winning team as if that has anything to do with them at all, but particularly for moments that happened 20-30 years before they were even born. I mean..the Bears won the championship in 1963, that was like 4 years before the Superbowl, does that not count becuase it isn't called a Superbowl? Because if that's the case the 1st Superbowl wasn't called the Superbowl at the time.

neko4
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM

Don't get me wrong, as a professional historian I obviously appreciate the past, but I've never understood the "my team did this in 1930 and your team didn't argument". I mean...I've never really understood the fact that people feel they are somehow better for living in a city with a winning team as if that has anything to do with them at all, but particularly for moments that happened 20-30 years before they were even born. I mean..the Bears won the championship in 1963, that was like 4 years before the Superbowl, does that not count becuase it isn't called a Superbowl?
Well if you wanna include pre-super bowl champs, then you should know that Green Bay wins that category too.
BTW, my parents were born in '66, so they couldnt remember anything from that season
And i wont call my self a pro-historian, but i certainly do appreciate the past

ny10804
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Chicago Bears safety Mike Brown reveals that he is made of glass.

Meanwhile, at the Justice League, it has come to light that Brett Favre is made of iron, and is indeed Iron Man.

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Meanwhile, at the Justice League, it has come to light that Brett Favre is made of iron, and is indeed Iron Man.

Please stop trying to be funny. You're 0-2 so far.

princefielder28
09-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Please stop trying to be funny. You're 0-2 so far.

Adam Weber gives Minnesota optimism.............1-0

Hurricane Ditka
09-10-2007, 08:45 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Meanwhile, at the Justice League, it has come to light that Brett Favre is made of iron, and is indeed Iron Man.The Justice League is a DC entity, while Iron Man is a Marvel character, and a member of the Avengers. You lose.

ny10804
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
The Justice League is a DC entity, while Iron Man is a Marvel character, and a member of the Avengers. You lose.

This may be so, BUT... I got nothing.

awfullyquiet
09-10-2007, 11:35 PM
The Justice League is a DC entity, while Iron Man is a Marvel character, and a member of the Avengers. You lose.

burrrrn! (yes, that's a little flame-on)

drowe
09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Don't worry..you'll get to play the Chargers too.

i gotta say, the Chargers weren't nearly as tough as you guys made 'em look. :)

SFbear
10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dan_marino_hosts_hour_long_hbo

Dan Marino Hosts Hour-Long HBO Special Celebrating Favre's Interceptions

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Dan-Marino-art.article_large.jpg

drowe
10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dan_marino_hosts_hour_long_hbo

Dan Marino Hosts Hour-Long HBO Special Celebrating Favre's Interceptions

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Dan-Marino-art.article_large.jpg

haha, that's funny...and now that this thread has been dug up, it seems like a good time to point out that the bears are STILL in last place.

TitleTown088
03-30-2008, 10:27 PM

How many Fans on here were born in '86? Do you remember '86?

........................... Da Bears suck.

neko4
03-30-2008, 10:31 PM
i remember '86 through espn classic

TitleTown088
03-30-2008, 11:30 PM
i remember '86 through espn classic

Aren't you like 12? I seem to remember you being young for some reason.

awfullyquiet
03-31-2008, 12:16 PM
How many Fans on here were born in '86? Do you remember '86?

........................... Da Bears suck.

For some reason. I do.
Maybe it's because i was six, and my father was a grabowski in his heart (minus the italian part).

Six years old and yelling at the tv screen when the fridge ran the ball.
It was all too perfect.

I would say scoreboard, but it's getting harder to say, well. the bears are still better in the long run.

Hurricane Ditka
03-31-2008, 03:11 PM
For some reason. I do.
Maybe it's because i was six, and my father was a grabowski in his heart (minus the italian part).

Six years old and yelling at the tv screen when the fridge ran the ball.
It was all too perfect.

I would say scoreboard, but it's getting harder to say, well. the bears are still better in the long run.
Grabowski isn't an Italian name at all.

SFbear
03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Grabowski isn't an Italian name at all.

Its Polish isn't it?

Which reminds me of why growing up in Chicago was awesome. No school on Casmir Pulaski Day. Holidays on the birthdays of obscure Polish Americans trumps all.

bearsfan_51
03-31-2008, 04:23 PM
With a name like Jason you've gotta be tough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCzNpFVd_E

TitleTown088
03-31-2008, 04:23 PM
well. the bears are still better in the long run.

Care to explain that one chief??

TitleTown088
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
With a name like Jason you've gotta be tough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCzNpFVd_E

Cheesus, that's nasty. How do da bears come up with all the shuffles?

bearsfan_51
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Care to explain that one chief??
I don't think women can be chiefs.