RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
Williams,Jaison 12 68 984 14.5 6 67 82.0

rainbeaukid2
05-20-2007, 10:08 PM
i think stroughter will be a better prospect because of his return ability

neko4
05-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I dont believe that any real football is played west of the mississippi, so i went purely on numbers. jk, but i said Sammie

DorianSmith
05-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Stroughter is a way faster WR but Jaison is a Very Tall Calvin Johnson type WR but not as good

Paranoidmoonduck
05-21-2007, 12:09 AM
They're both very different. Stroughter is more of a playmaker at this point, but Jaison Williams certainly has the potential to impress a lot of people this year.

T-Rat42
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Finally, someone else talking about Sammie! Sammie has all the tools except size, so there's no reason he can't be a great receiver. Jaison Williams is extraordinally gifted but he needs to get his attitude in check and stop thinking he's the ****. Then he'll be good. But based on production from last year Sammie wins by a long shot, he wins in every statistical category, he can also return, and his team was better. Sammie wins out.

DorianSmith
05-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Also there r not many beaver fans on this forum now theres another

ricky bobby
05-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Jaison Williams. 6'5" 240 pound WRs with good hands and decent speed / agility come along only every once in a while. I like big WRs that can take it over the middle and knock a few heads off.

T-Rat42
05-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Williams does have great size. But he's not knocking any heads off this year if he doesn't get over being a lazy pansy.

jbeans187
05-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Sammie is a better ball player but after the season during the pre draft process Jaison will skyrocket up the boards

duckseason
05-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Tough to say at this point. I think it's tough to compare such completely different WR's. Jaison is getting by right now by just physically dominating his opponents. He really needs to work on his hands and quickness. Dropped far too many passes last year. I think Stroughter is the more complete prospect. He's faster, has better hands and he can return kicks. I think Jaison obviously has more potential, but he really needs to work on a few key things before I'd view him as a legitimate NFL talent. We'll see how he looks this year though. He's only a junior, so he really could end up becoming a beast of a prospect over the course of the next 2 seasons.

Also, I'd like to point out that just because Jaison was our leading WR last season doesn't necessarily mean he's got the most pro potential. Brian Paysinger and Cameron Colvin are two guys who will attract scouts' attention as well. Hopefully Colvin can stay healthy and finally become what we thought he'd be when he first came to Eugene. As far as youngsters go, both Derrick Jones and Terence Scott might end up being better prospects than the 3 older guys. They've both got world-class speed. Our WR corps is ridiculous right now. Tons of competition. I didn't even mention Garren Strong, because I don't think he's much of an NFL prospect. But he'll play a big role this year as well. Go ducks.

duckseason
05-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Sammie is a better ball player but after the season during the pre draft process Jaison will skyrocket up the boards
Jaison is only a junior.

DorianSmith
05-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Jaison is only a junior.

So he will most likly declare

Mr. Stiller
05-22-2007, 12:28 AM
after 2-3 seasons in the NFL, Jaison has potential to be a Dominant WR, and he's on my Wish list.. where as Stroughter, IMO is going to be a Solid if not great #2.

bored of education
05-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Adarius Bowman

duckseason
05-22-2007, 01:45 AM
So he will most likly declare
Care to explain your reasoning behind that assumption?

T-Rat42
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
If the Ducks have a good season this year I can see Jaison staying through his junior season. However I have a hard time seeing him giving up NFL money for another 7 win season that ends in the Vegas bowl. So to me it all depends on how well the Ducks do as a team.

duckseason
05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
If the Ducks have a good season this year I can see Jaison staying through his junior season. However I have a hard time seeing him giving up NFL money for another 7 win season that ends in the Vegas bowl. So to me it all depends on how well the Ducks do as a team.

Wow, I guess people are more high on him at this point than I am. I really don't think it would be wise to come out unless he'd be assured of going first day. He'd need to make some major strides this year for that to happen. I think his decision will have a lot more to do with things that actually matter. If we only win 7 games, chances are that he didn't improve much over last year. If we were to win 10, the chances of him leaving would be higher if anything. Ultimately, it will come down to whether he is projected as a top WR in the draft. I just don't see that right now, but I admit it's possible.

DorianSmith
05-22-2007, 06:40 PM
i still think Sammie is comparable to Steve Smith

T-Rat42
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Well I just think that his size and natural ability are very recognizable at this point. I bet an average season by him could still land him in the 3rd round. However I can't see him gaining the discipline neccessary to breakout into an elite prospect. I'm not saying there's no way he returns for the whole 4 years but I just think leaving early is certainly a possibility for him. He and Sammie are both first day picks at this point and both could breakout into the first round, especially Sammie with a season like last year if he could find the endzone some more.

V. Young
05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
dude sammie is real good. I voted for jaison only cause Im a homer and hes good. 6' 4" 240 is big, haha. and hes quick for his size.

DorianSmith
05-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Sammie i think is Underrated

T-Rat42
05-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Sammie is deinitely underrated. He didn't score a lot of TD's last year because our offense was designed for either Joe Newton Yvenson Bernard in the red zone. If you watch Sammie's routes you notice that he's somewhat open every time. He's one of the best at getting seperation that i've ever seen. People think his NFL potential is just returning kicks but he can become a great receiver too.

DorianSmith
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Sammie is deinitely underrated. He didn't score a lot of TD's last year because our offense was designed for either Joe Newton Yvenson Bernard in the red zone. If you watch Sammie's routes you notice that he's somewhat open every time. He's one of the best at getting seperation that i've ever seen. People think his NFL potential is just returning kicks but he can become a great receiver too.

Ya he will be a great WR

Sniper
05-31-2007, 01:00 AM
i still think Sammie is comparable to Steve Smith

Let's hold off before comparing the guy to one of the best, if not the best WR in the game shall we?

T-Rat42
05-31-2007, 03:18 PM
I dont know if he was trying to put him on the same level as Smith but his game style is similar. Thats what I think anyway quality returner and receiver.

DorianSmith
05-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I dont know if he was trying to put him on the same level as Smith but his game style is similar. Thats what I think anyway quality returner and receiver.

Thats what i mant there is no way he is as good as SMith RIGHT now.