PDA

View Full Version : Chances of landing Paul Oliver?

big daddy russ
05-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Anyone heard anything out of the Texans' camp concerning Paul Oliver? I know we just drafted Bennett (and I'm as high on Bennett as anyone), but what are the chances that the Houston brass throw a third- or fourth-rounder into the hat for a chance at Oliver in the supplemental draft?

Maybe move one or the other back to FS (though I'm not sure either is ideally a FS).

cunningham06
05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
If we were to get Oliver we would probably try to move him to safety assuming Bennett does as well as we expect. Bennett has got a relatively big frame for a CB, but his run support isn't strong enough to play safety. He gets it done at CB but I don't know how successful he would be at safety. Oliver seems more like a safety of the two based on build.

I don't expect the Texans will bid a third round pick, which is what it will take to get him IMO. I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth. I would rather us draft a true safety next season if that is what our intention would be with Oliver. We have plenty of time, the building blocks of our defense are young.

America
05-22-2007, 12:00 PM
If we were to get Oliver we would probably try to move him to safety assuming Bennett does as well as we expect. Bennett has got a relatively big frame for a CB, but his run support isn't strong enough to play safety. He gets it done at CB but I don't know how successful he would be at safety. Oliver seems more like a safety of the two based on build.

I don't expect the Texans will bid a third round pick, which is what it will take to get him IMO. I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth. I would rather us draft a true safety next season if that is what our intention would be with Oliver. We have plenty of time, the building blocks of our defense are young.

Oliver was a top D player available, I don't think a 4th would get him. I say 3rd is possible, second seems to be where he should go if he tests well. If he had kept his level of play up from his junior year, we'd be looking at a top 15 pick.

cunningham06
05-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Oliver was a top D player available, I don't think a 4th would get him. I say 3rd is possible, second seems to be where he should go if he tests well. If he had kept his level of play up from his junior year, we'd be looking at a top 15 pick.

"I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth"

I don't think a fourth would either, as evidenced right above. ^ 3rd I would be alright with, and we don't have a 2nd to bid because of Schaub.

VY10
05-22-2007, 03:48 PM
No way would a fourth get it. 3rd-2nd is where it is at.

America
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
""I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth"

I don't think a fourth would either, as evidenced right above."

I don't understand how that means that. I'm very confused. You say If we bid our 4th, you doubt anyone would outbid us. But then you say that statement means you dont think a 4th would get him. Whatever.

VY10
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
""I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth"

I don't think a fourth would either, as evidenced right above."

I don't understand how that means that. I'm very confused. You say If we bid our 4th, you doubt anyone would outbid us. But then you say that statement means you dont think a 4th would get him. Whatever.

He means that he doubts that a fourth would get him. It should be worded "I think that someone would outbid us if we bid our fourth."

cunningham06
05-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Too many double negatives, I probably should have reworded it. I said that I doubt that there wouldn't be anyone who would put forth more than our 4th round pick meaning if we bid our 4th we would be outbid.

America
05-24-2007, 11:44 PM
oh my bad, for some reason i read no one as anyone, or thought of it the same way because thats just always how I hear things.

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Chances of landing Paul Oliver?

slim and none...

jayceheathman
07-07-2007, 04:51 PM
slim and none...

I really doubt we go for him either unless its a 4th or lower. I cant see us giving up a 3rd and then only have one day one pick next year.

VY10
07-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I really doubt we go for him either unless its a 4th or lower. I cant see us giving up a 3rd and then only have one day one pick next year.

Ya I like him at 4th, not at 3rd.

HoopsDemon12
07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
i just have a little feeling that you guys wont get him;)

VY10
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
i just have a little feeling that you guys wont get him;)

duhhhhhhhh