PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii Thread

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I got a Wii in February, and I think it's a fantastic game system. I really like the games I've gotten. Are there any other users out there? Let's discuss games that our out, must-buys, must-rents, etc. Proceed!

fenikz
05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
...i want one

-black
05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
all they have for games is like pokemon and mario right? (excuse the ignorance if not so)....does it have any real games? (sports..)

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Actually, that's not the case. They have plenty of kiddy games, but they also have more adult themed games (Godfather, Splinter Cell, etc.). They're working hard on sports stuff. The system has natural appeal to baseball, fighting, golf, shooting, and tennis sports games. The game developers have done a great job using the controllers, in most cases. I would argue that the system has something for everyone. I'm 27, and I have a ton of fun with all of the games that I have tried.

-black
05-21-2007, 11:52 AM
im still savin up for my ps3.....but i'd def like to hear more bout it (in case i wanted to get 1 later)

etk
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
im still savin up for my ps3.....but i'd def like to hear more bout it (in case i wanted to get 1 later)

Never buy a PS3, it's not worth the money at all. Where's frogstomp when you need him?

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
PS3 and XBox 360 have a lot of great games. They are traditional style games with the usual controls and such. Nintendo decided to do something completely different with the Wii. You use your own motions and such to control the action in these games. In some cases, you actually break a sweat playing. It is a unique experience. Takes some getting used to, but I can't go back to regular video games now. I find the Wii much more stimulating.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, PS3 costs twice what the Wii does, but you also get a Blue Ray DVD player along with it. The graphics are much better, and I'm sure the games will be fantastic. You do have to lay out a chunk of change to get the system.

etk
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, PS3 costs twice what the Wii does, but you also get a Blue Ray DVD player along with it. The graphics are much better, and I'm sure the games will be fantastic. You do have to lay out a chunk of change to get the system.

Blu Ray might not even last, it's not worth the investment.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I cannot argue with it, but I'm not going to bash PS3 in the Wii thread. Let's keep on target here because I really would like to get feedback on new games to buy.

-black
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Never buy a PS3, it's not worth the money at all. Where's frogstomp when you need him?

been a Sony dude since i was knee high. I gots to continue with it, although im sure i wont be buying one till next summer. I got bills and stuff so my ps2 will do for now. But when i do step up to the next Gen, it will be for a ps3. By then im sure the games will be mathing the graphics. Im sure ps3 is gettin a bad rep now, but its been less than a year. The games will get better, the deveopers will do a better job, and it will be worth the purchase IMHO.Im hopinh the price does drop by next summer though

i wanna see before i put it on laleway (sp?) lol

-black
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I cannot argue with it, but I'm not going to bash PS3 in the Wii thread. Let's keep on target here because I really would like to get feedback on new games to buy.

yeah i wana hearr more abouyt the wii. What games do u currelty have?

oh and exucse all spelling mistakes, grammar and my shorthand way of typin rite now, i got a baby in my lap si im tyipin with 1 hand basically :(

etk
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
The best Wii games are all the classic series' from past generations:

Zelda, Pokemon, Wario, Mario Party, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros, etc.

There will be/were new and creative extensions to all of those games on the Wii. I'm tempted to buy one because Nintendo games are my favourite and the sports games would be intriguing as well.

-black
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM
can someone post a pciture of the controller and explain it? like its motion sensored right? that whole concept is intriguing but still kind of mind boguling...

RoyHall#1
05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I bought a Wii as soon as they came out and the luster it had the first few months has worn off, however that can be attributed to my lack of money to buy new games. (stupid gas) I have Madden and Zelda, both of which I enjoyed a lot. Madden became boring after a while though, however I still play Zelda quite often although I've beat the game. It is simply the best game I have ever played. Bsaza, if you don't have it yet, you need to get it. It will take about 50 hours to complete, but I wish it was even longer.

Also, has anyone heard of Guitar Hero 3 coming out for the Wii?

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
yeah i wana hearr more abouyt the wii. What games do u currelty have?

oh and exucse all spelling mistakes, grammar and my shorthand way of typin rite now, i got a baby in my lap si im tyipin with 1 hand basically :(

Hello, -black jr! haha.

I have Zelda, Godfather, the Wii Sports game (came with the system), Wii Play (mini game game), and Rayman's Raving Rabids.

Zelda is amazing and fantastic. I'm presently obsessed with the Godfather game, which is a ton of fun. Lots of cursing and such. The mini games that come with the system are pretty fun. The graphics are poor, but they're amusing and get you off the couch.

Rayman has been around a bunch of other systems. This was one of the first games out there to really use the Wii controls to their fullest. One of the most fun games I've played. Basically, a bunch of evil bunnies take over his planet, and he has to do all kinds of silly little games in a gladiator-style arena to get free.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
bsaza: where'd you get yours? i've been looking forever. my house tends to be the pore/post-party house, and i've been figuring a Wii would be fairly entertaining when drinking. but no one here has any available.

My gf's mom called up all of the stores that carry it and found out when they were getting deliveries. On the day of the delivery, she showed up right as the store opened and made the buy.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I bought a Wii as soon as they came out and the luster it had the first few months has worn off, however that can be attributed to my lack of money to buy new games. (stupid gas) I have Madden and Zelda, both of which I enjoyed a lot. Madden became boring after a while though, however I still play Zelda quite often although I've beat the game. It is simply the best game I have ever played. Bsaza, if you don't have it yet, you need to get it. It will take about 50 hours to complete, but I wish it was even longer.

Also, has anyone heard of Guitar Hero 3 coming out for the Wii?

Zelda is awesome. I love the Godfather, though. You can do things in whatever order you want in that game. Everything is interactive. I recommend it highly. I've played it for 26 hours, and I'm only 40% through the game.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Games coming out for the Wii that I really want:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The new Mario (not close to release yet)
Mario Tennis (not announced)
MarioKart (not announced)

I'm going to keep an open mind and rent games to make sure they're good before I invest the $50. I'd much rather rent than get a big dud.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
ok, so same stuff i'd have to do here. dang, i keep hoping i'll be able to pre-order something off best buy.

Not worth it. I recommend going to the Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or Target and finding out when they get their shipments in, then showing up. I think the prices are also going down on ebay.

RoyHall#1
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Games coming out for the Wii that I really want:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The new Mario (not close to release yet)
Mario Tennis (not announced)
MarioKart (not announced)

I'm going to keep an open mind and rent games to make sure they're good before I invest the $50. I'd much rather rent than get a big dud.

Super Smash Bros definitely, along with Super Mario Galaxy. I didn't really like tennis in wii sports so ill pass on mario tennis but there's no way I'm not getting MarioKart. Also, I think RE4 is coming out for Wii, which I will have to get. Man, I am going to be broke.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Ha. I agree. They're doing a really good job of releasing a limited number of games, but each one works will with the system.

RoyHall#1
05-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Ha. I agree. They're doing a really good job of releasing a limited number of games, but each one works will with the system.

How long did it take you to beat Zelda? Also, how big did you get your wallet to be? Because I only got mine to 600 and I don't know how to make it bigger...

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermario128/story.html?sid=6150125&om_act=convert&om_clk=exclusives&tag=exclusives;title;1

Preview of Super Mario Galaxy (very tentative info).

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
How long did it take you to beat Zelda? Also, how big did you get your wallet to be? Because I only got mine to 600 and I don't know how to make it bigger...

I'm on Zelda hiatus about 12 hours in. My housemate beat the game in 54 hours.

RoyHall#1
05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm on Zelda hiatus about 12 hours in. My housemate beat the game in 54 hours.

Ah yes, the wall. I hit it about 20 hours in and didn't play for 2 months but when I started again the game was even better. Took me 56 hours to beat it, but I now have about 70 hours of playing time on it. I think I'm going to get the Godfather after reading what you said about it.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Godfather pros: Character customization (you design what your guy looks like), lots of weapons, free form world (do what you want and do missions in certain order), follows the plot of the movies very well.

Cons: Some repetition in terms of the racketeering, floor plans are similar, graphics can get a bit testy.

Overall, I consider it a lot of fun.

AlexDown
05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Its got to be hard to hold your head up high when your talking to someone and saying "I'm playing Twilight Princess on my Wii."

fenikz
05-21-2007, 12:47 PM
anyone played super paper mario? or is it even out yet

i had it on n64 and i really liked it, and from what i saw in the commercial it looked sweet

and how about metal of honor, how do you use the controller on it?

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Paper Mario is out, and it got great reviews. I think it actually got better reviews than Zelda did on Gamespot. I've heard good things, but it's a little kid-like for my tastes.

fenikz
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
pfff mario is the ****, i got my snes hooked up and i've been playing that and nba jam te all the time

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
You can actually download old NES, SNES, arcade, and N64 games right onto the Wii if you want. Part of the fun.

cunningham06
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I haven't played any wii games besides wii sports. Wii tennis pwns.

Staubach12
05-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I have one. It's a very nice game system. The Wii Sports is great for groups of people, and it's still fun playing the com. The games are pretty cool, especially the new Zelda game. Great system.

RoyHall#1
05-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Its got to be hard to hold your head up high when your talking to someone and saying "I'm playing Twilight Princess on my Wii."

Lol, I don't care that game is fun as hell.

The Unseen
05-21-2007, 05:10 PM
I gots one. Very fun. I have Zelda and Madden, but I regretted the Madden buy because I had the Gamecube one and it was unnecessary to have the next edition.

I hit the Zelda wall, and for some reason waited nearly two months until I finally got the strategy guide and got through the wall. I admittedly use the strategy guide way too much for my liking, but the game is still fun. I'm something like a little more than half-way thru.

I want to the get Paper Mario eventually, as well as Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Yeah, I'm a Mario buff.

jballa838
05-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I gots one. Very fun. I have Zelda and Madden, but I regretted the Madden buy because I had the Gamecube one and it was unnecessary to have the next edition.

I hit the Zelda wall, and for some reason waited nearly two months until I finally got the strategy guide and got through the wall. I admittedly use the strategy guide way too much for my liking, but the game is still fun. I'm something like a little more than half-way thru.

I want to the get Paper Mario eventually, as well as Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Yeah, I'm a Mario buff.

Galaxy and Smash Bros look ill, but whats so good about the zelda game?

WMD
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I want a damn Wii, and I can't find one anywhere.

The Unseen
05-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Galaxy and Smash Bros look ill, but whats so good about the zelda game?

Great depth, fun controls, good story, and it's Zelda.

The Unseen
05-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I want a damn Wii, and I can't find one anywhere.

I had trouble finding it, too. I went to the local EB Games for about a month, and whenever they had it I guessed it missed it. Then the guy there said that since I was so persistent, he'd hold one for me (technically not allowed to) when they came it next.

WMD
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
All I can find are a few bundles online that come to $500+ when it's all over with.. There are quite a few games I want to check out for the Wii.. and hopefully they release Animal Crossing for it sometime soon.

Billingsley26
05-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I have Zelda, Madden, Wii Sports, NFS Carbon, Excite Truck Rampage and Tony Hawk. I ifnd the games like Excite Truck, Carbon and Tony Hawk can be tough at times because the turning is VERY sensitive. I loved Madden, and I hope they come out with Fight Night on Wii. I would love that. I could honestly play Wii Sports all the time. I actually never played Rampage. Zelda is a sick game, took me almost 60 hours to beat. I like the Wii.

Also, does anyone know of any new channels coming out, what they are and when they are coming out? I havent updated my Wii since the interent channel came out. I think the shopping channel is also up. Anything else?

Xonraider
05-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Madden for Wii blows.

soybean
05-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Madden for Wii blows.

i want them to make it so you can hold it like a football near your ear and when you want to pass you throw your arm forward in a throwing motion, that'd be pretty cool.

fenikz
05-21-2007, 07:01 PM
fight night on wii would be insane, it would be a definite work out

fondoffilm
05-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Super Paper Mario is badass.

Belish
05-21-2007, 08:04 PM
I got a Wii back in April. An EB near where my dad works was taking getting in 5 or so a day and if you called in early enough they put you on a waiting list (though they're not supposed to)

You absolutely HAVE to buy Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. It uses the Wii controller perfectly, and it's a simple pick up and play game. The game tells you how to hold the controller (i.e. it tells you to do 'the Janitor', you hold it like a broom. If it tells you to do 'the Dumbell', you hold it like a dumbell, etc.) and then there's a 5 second minigame. It gives you one or two word instructions and you just do what it tells you. If it tells you to 'the Janitor' for example, one of the games says 'Sweep' and there's a little guy with a broom with some leaves in front of him. You do a sweeping motion with the controller until you clear the leaves. There's about 200 minigames like that.

etk
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Mario Party 8 comes out in 8 days. Can I trade my 360 for a Wii?

Boston
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Does anybody have Wii Play? And if so, how is it? Would you recommend buying it?

RoyHall#1
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Mario Party 8 comes out in 8 days. Can I trade my 360 for a Wii?

Yeah, I'll do it.

Tubby
05-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Games I have for the Wii:

Twilight Princess
Warioware
Super Paper Mario

You could say I hit the TP "wall" before I even got to the first dungeon, but Im pretty sure I just got bored with it. I regret the buy.

Warioware is awesome, a must-have for the wii.

Super Paper Mario is the BEST game for the wii. I beat it in a little over 30 hours. If you have the wii, and you dont have Super Paper Mario, you need to get it now.

Draft King
05-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Games I have for the Wii:

Twilight Princess
Warioware
Super Paper Mario

You could say I hit the TP "wall" before I even got to the first dungeon, but Im pretty sure I just got bored with it. I regret the buy.

Warioware is awesome, a must-have for the wii.

Super Paper Mario is the BEST game for the wii. I beat it in a little over 30 hours. If you have the wii, and you dont have Super Paper Mario, you need to get it now.

I loved WarioWare and already beat it. I got about 27 hours into TP and haven't played it for about a month now, I should get back into that. I only played about 30 minutes of SPM and was disappointed it wasn't the original format like the first 2 games.

jballa838
05-21-2007, 09:24 PM
tiger was pretty good but it had a lot of glitches.

jackalope
05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
I got a Wii on release day. I got The Godfather a while ago and it's a great game. Extremely fun with a great combat system.

bsaza2358
05-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Super Mario Galaxy comes out in August/September, and it looks incredible. Right now, I'm going to get by on TP and Godfather until Super Smash Bros. comes out in a few weesks. That game is going to be off the hook!

PoopSandwich
05-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I got it back in November, I worked at EBGames at the time, and I knew when we were getting the shipment in, however it was the day after Thanksgiving, and others knew as well, me and my cousin went to get PS3's, we went at 11 PM, there were no PS3's in, however, there were 6 Wii's in, we both got one, he sold his.

People didn't understand why I waited 8 hours to get one, I tell them (the same people who don't have one now) if they would rather wait 8 hours or wait 6 months (I just remembered also that day I waited 8 hours was my birthday, rofl.)

Anyways, what we have... 2 Wii Remotes, 2 Gamecube Controllers (Instead of the classic ones.) Zelda Twilight Princess, Wii Sports (Sold Madden) Zelda Ocarina of Time (Gamecube version) Mario Kart (Gamecube Version) Mario Sunshine (Gamecube version).

Virtual Console games I got - Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Street Fighter 2, Super Mario World, Zelda a Link to the Past, Star Fox 64, Tecmo Bowl... (I think thats it.)

I really like it so far, but just like every other new system, the big games are yet to hit the shelves (disregarding Zelda.)

I look forward to the titles that are coming out as well as the PS3's because soon they will have some great games out.

bearfan
05-24-2007, 09:21 AM
We got one last sunday, and I really like it. All we have is Wii Sports, and Madden

Wii Sports - super fun to play w/ family. Tennis Pro level of 2073 or something. Woot

Madden - Tried once, incredibly akward to try and tackle

And the thing about the Wii, I thought it would be a lot of movement, but I found out that you can play just as well laying down, just moving your wrist

PoopSandwich
05-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I never had any trouble tackling in Madden, in fact I really liked the controls.

The one thing that could get difficult is passing, because its not hard to throw interceptions if you are off at all.

bsaza2358
05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
I haven't tried Madden yet. I heard the playbooks were very limited. I'm going to wait for 2008, when they work any kinks out and are able to use the Wii-mote more.

jballa838
05-26-2007, 03:42 PM
The wii has more potential then 360 or ps3 imo.

RoyHall#1
05-26-2007, 03:46 PM
No chance. It depends on what you mean by "potential" but you are wrong. People use the technology in the PS3 to help cure cancer.

Smokey Joe
05-26-2007, 03:46 PM
The Wii isn't a true gamers system. I am a gamer, and I like the PS3 the best and have one, and planing on getting the 360 after halo 3 comes out. I like to game.

To me, the Wii is a fun system but gets tiring and boring after a while. It is something, IMO, that would bring out when you have friends over or something.

Smokey Joe
05-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Also, the only reason I want to buy a Wii right now, is for Twilight Princes and Manhunt II

RoyHall#1
05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Twilight Princess is a gamer's game on the Wii. What is this Manhunt and when does it come out?

jballa838
05-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Once the wii has some ill games like Mario Galaxy and others, it could rival the others.

jballa838
05-26-2007, 03:53 PM
No chance. It depends on what you mean by "potential" but you are wrong. People use the technology in the PS3 to help cure cancer.

Pilots could do simulations on the wii and become better pilots or doctors could do doctor simulations and become better doctors and fight cancer like in Trauma Center the video game,,

Smokey Joe
05-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Twilight Princess is a gamer's game on the Wii. What is this Manhunt and when does it come out?
Manhunt 1 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/manhunt/index.html?q=Manhunt&tag=result;title;3)

Manhunt 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/manhunt2/index.html?q=Manhunt&tag=result;title;0)

RoyHall#1
05-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Pilots could do simulations on the wii and become better pilots or doctors could do doctor simulations and become better doctors and fight cancer like in Trauma Center the video game,,

LMAO, I'm sure moving a remote around would help them become better at their profession.

RoyHall#1
05-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Manhunt 1 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/manhunt/index.html?q=Manhunt&tag=result;title;3)

Manhunt 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/manhunt2/index.html?q=Manhunt&tag=result;title;0)

It looks good but where does it say it is coming out for Wii?

etk
05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_2

Manhunt 2 is a video game by Rockstar Games and is a sequel to Manhunt. Game development began in 2004 at Rockstar Game's Vienna branch. The game is to be released for the Wii, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable in July, 2007.

princefielder28
05-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I absolutely love Wii and how interactive it is. My personal favorite is Home Run Derby b/c I hit it out of the park every time

PoopSandwich
05-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Alot depends on how Mario Party 8 is, it could be a fantastic party game, or crap.

etk
05-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Alot depends on how Mario Party 8 is, it could be a fantastic party game, or crap.

It's going to be virtually the same game as the past Mario Party's with much-expanded mini-games and some new characters, etc.

If you liked the old Mario Party's you will like this one a little more at the very least.

JagHombre22
05-26-2007, 05:00 PM
I just bought a wii for 335 on Ebay...comes with everything that comes with the original boxed brand new wii...but with extra controller and chuck, 2000 wii points, Twighlight Princess and Madden 2007...and free shipping...do you guys think I got a good deal...

everywhere is sold out of em here where I live and most places they retail at 250-275...so if I was to buy all of the extras that I got it would've been almost 400 dollars to get it all...what do you guys think?

jballa838
05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I just bought a wii for 335 on Ebay...comes with everything that comes with the original boxed brand new wii...but with extra controller and chuck, 2000 wii points, Twighlight Princess and Madden 2007...and free shipping...do you guys think I got a good deal...

everywhere is sold out of em here where I live and most places they retail at 250-275...so if I was to buy all of the extras that I got it would've been almost 400 dollars to get it all...what do you guys think?

good deal.

PoopSandwich
05-26-2007, 05:12 PM
It's going to be virtually the same game as the past Mario Party's with much-expanded mini-games and some new characters, etc.

If you liked the old Mario Party's you will like this one a little more at the very least.

Mario party 3 and on were horrible IMO... If they make the game more like 1 and 2 then it should be very fun.

jballa838
05-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Mario party 3 and on were horrible IMO... If they make the game more like 1 and 2 then it should be very fun.

I never had a gamecube, so i have no idea what you are talking about, because me and my cousins always played it on the 64.

jballa838
05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh snap...
http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

Mario Party and Mortal Kombat this tuesday!!

etk
05-27-2007, 09:50 AM
I never had a gamecube, so i have no idea what you are talking about, because me and my cousins always played it on the 64.

Same, I only know 1-3. What's so bad about the Gamecube editions?

My beef with Mario Party is how boring it is when you play by yourself. It should cost less money because you have limited opportunity to play it (parties only).

The Unseen
05-27-2007, 04:00 PM
I just beat Zelda. Using a strategy guide most of the time, it took me about 59 hours. Yeah...

jballa838
05-27-2007, 04:27 PM
very nice.

RoyHall#1
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow, you must have ran around pointlessly a lot.

skinzzfan25
05-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Anybody gettin mario party 8?

I'm kinda up in the air whether I'm getting it or not.

jballa838
05-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Anybody gettin mario party 8?

I'm kinda up in the air whether I'm getting it or not.

i might, seems like a fun party game, like warioware, except a board game.

jballa838
05-27-2007, 05:22 PM
But i would go with Mortal Kombat because that game looks sick and will most likely use the wiimote better then any game i have played so far.

skinzzfan25
05-27-2007, 05:51 PM
i might, seems like a fun party game, like warioware, except a board game.

Yeah, I still don't have that fun party game yet. I think I'm gonna get this.

The Unseen
05-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow, you must have ran around pointlessly a lot.

At some points...I'm offended that you aren't impressed.

j/k. I'm just happy I beat it, although I felt like I hogged the strategy guide too much for my liking. I'm thinking about buying Paper Mario, and I'll *try* not to get a strategy guide.

skinzzfan25
05-27-2007, 06:33 PM

j/k. I'm just happy I beat it, although I felt like I hogged the strategy guide too much for my liking. I'm thinking about buying Paper Mario, and I'll *try* not to get a strategy guide.

I still think the original paper mario was the best in the series. Great graphics at the time (for N64), simple yet fun gameplay, straight up RPG and no filler.

I was displeased with the second one, still haven't tried the third.

RoyHall#1
05-27-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm impressed that you just dish out money for a strategy guide when there are walkthroughs online, lol. Was the ending in Zelda not perfect? It pushed my skills to the limit, but not so much that I had to play it 37 times before I beat it.

jballa838
05-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I still don't have that fun party game yet. I think I'm gonna get this.

mortal kombat and mario party could become the premier party games.
Mario Party could get more people playing, but mortal kombat would be an awesome battle between friends everytime.

WMD
05-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Got a Wii today.. I like that Wii Sports.. Warioware is cool, Rayman is nice too.. and I can't WAIT for Manhunt 2 on the Wii.. It's going to be great.

Billingsley26
05-27-2007, 08:57 PM
anyone got any ideas as to when any new channels are coming out for the Wii? Right now i got the last update with the interent and the channel with all the Polls and questions. anyone got any other ideas?

The Unseen
05-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm impressed that you just dish out money for a strategy guide when there are walkthroughs online, lol. Was the ending in Zelda not perfect? It pushed my skills to the limit, but not so much that I had to play it 37 times before I beat it.

I never had to re-do a dungeon, if that's what you're hinting at.

Vince Lombardi
05-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I finally got a Wii today! I only have Wii sports so far though, but I must say it is alot of fun.

RoyHall#1
05-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I never had to re-do a dungeon, if that's what you're hinting at.

No? I was just saying how great the last battle is. Not too easy, not too hard.

jballa838
05-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I finally got a Wii today! I only have Wii sports so far though, but I must say it is alot of fun.

yeah it is a blast. you should pick up one of the new games this tuesday.

bsaza2358
05-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Wii Sports is awesome. I was just playing it at my BBQ tonight. It's good times.

I recommend Rayman's Raving Rabids, Mario Party 8, or Zelda as your first game.

bsaza2358
05-27-2007, 11:45 PM
anyone got any ideas as to when any new channels are coming out for the Wii? Right now i got the last update with the interent and the channel with all the Polls and questions. anyone got any other ideas?

I would imagine that once the wireless networking around the US and the world improves, we will be able to have system-to-system gameplay for some of these games. Like I would be able to woop you guys at Madden and such. My thought is that we're probably at least a year away from that.

jballa838
05-28-2007, 12:30 PM
I would imagine that once the wireless networking around the US and the world improves, we will be able to have system-to-system gameplay for some of these games. Like I would be able to woop you guys at Madden and such. My thought is that we're probably at least a year away from that.

You'll be able to do that in the new Poke'mon game.
(sighs)
at least its a start.

Belish
05-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I finally beat Twilight Princess after a 4-month hiatus. 33 hours. The final boss battle was crazy.

Problem is that I have nothing to play now until Super Smash Bros comes out.

jballa838
05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I finally beat Twilight Princess after a 4-month hiatus. 33 hours. The final boss battle was crazy.

Problem is that I have nothing to play now until Super Smash Bros comes out.

Pick up a game tomorrow. Mario Party and Mortal Kombat come out.

RoyHall#1
05-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Holy crap only 33 hours! Anyways, I have decided to buy Mario Party instead of Mortal Kombat tomorrow. They won't be sold out, willl they?

jballa838
05-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Holy crap only 33 hours! Anyways, I have decided to buy Mario Party instead of Mortal Kombat tomorrow. They won't be sold out, willl they?

i dont know, more people are getting wii's but i dont think it will be sold out tomorrow. give a review if you get it tomorrow.
anyone play SSX Blur yet?

The Unseen
05-28-2007, 07:24 PM
No? I was just saying how great the last battle is. Not too easy, not too hard.

Actually, I had to repeat one dungoen. It was the one I had a problem with; I think you helped me with it.

Yeah, it was pretty good. But I kinda got stumped at the sword fight. At that point when it tells you "Chance (A)", and I pressed "A", I jumped instead of locking swords. 20+ hearts and minutes later, I realized that I had to be standing still when I pressed "A", because you will jump if you press "A" while moving.

Speaking of difficulty, I thought Zant was kinda easy, at least for being one of the main baddies. It was cool how you went "around the world," though.

RoyHall#1
05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, Zant was kind of easy, I like how they brought in Ganondorf in the end, he was a cooler villain.

jballa838
05-28-2007, 08:16 PM
i'm excited for Smackdown vs. Raw (ECW INVASION) 2008 on the wii.
completely different controls from the 360 version and potential to be legit for sure.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777258p1.html

Modano
05-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I don't know if someone has already posted that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7IXrNwW-s

nobodyinparticular
05-29-2007, 02:08 AM
been a Sony dude since i was knee high. I gots to continue with it, although im sure i wont be buying one till next summer. I got bills and stuff so my ps2 will do for now. But when i do step up to the next Gen, it will be for a ps3. By then im sure the games will be mathing the graphics. Im sure ps3 is gettin a bad rep now, but its been less than a year. The games will get better, the deveopers will do a better job, and it will be worth the purchase IMHO.Im hopinh the price does drop by next summer though

i wanna see before i put it on laleway (sp?) lol

Yep. Everyone remember when XBox flopped with the last generation of consoles? It was PS2 followed closely by GameCube actually and XBox was far, far behind. It was dead. But a lone game kept it hanging around--Halo. For the first 2 years XBox was sustained solely on Halo until finally Microsoft got some more good games for the system and it shot up while GameCube mucked around in the mud.

Believe me, I am not an XBox or PS enthusiast, I don't have any real biases, but as a history lesson, the first year is not always indicative of the end result.

RoyHall#1
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
i dont know, more people are getting wii's but i dont think it will be sold out tomorrow. give a review if you get it tomorrow.
anyone play SSX Blur yet?

I got it but only have played it a few hours so far and am not impressed. There is a ton of mini-games but so far only about 4 out of 10 or so that I've played have been fun. The ones that are fun are always the most simple ones, the difficult ones are unresponsive at times. From what I've seen so far the game isn't even close to taking full advantage of the wiimote. But I still love the game because I am a fan of Mario Party's, although I have had a few second thoughts about buying it...

Overall, if you're a Mario Party fan, get it, if not buy something else.

bsaza2358
05-31-2007, 10:37 AM
I've never done Mario Party. Is MP8 with the $50?

nobodyinparticular
05-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Godfather pros: Character customization (you design what your guy looks like), lots of weapons, free form world (do what you want and do missions in certain order),

This is what I was hoping for in Assassin. A free form world is all we got... Assassin looks like an amazing game, but it probably could be 10 times better if it had character customization (Make your own assassin--who doesn't want to be able to do that?) and a larger variety of weapons for your assassin to choose from.

bsaza2358
05-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Is Assassin the game where you have to sneak in and kill people in grizzly ways while avoiding being spotted and evading the police?

RoyHall#1
05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
I've never done Mario Party. Is MP8 with the $50?

? Is MP8 with the $50? Its 50 bucks if thats what you mean.

bsaza2358
05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
I've never purchased Mario Party anything. Is it worth the money?

bsaza2358
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
njx, Mario Party 8 got an extremely high rating from IGN and Gamespot. Is it possible that the Wii version is much better than the prior releases?

Moses
05-31-2007, 05:33 PM
i can't imagine how. the premise is just not entertaining (at least in the past). you go around a game board playing weak mini-games. it takes forever. everyone you're playing with tends to lose interest in half an hour at most. ugh.

i'll grant that the minigames themselves might be better on the wii, given that nearly everything seems more interesting. but i still can't imagine the game being worth more than a week of entertainment.

have you played the older versions?

I actually like Mario Party. It's way more fun if you just play the mini-games. You can just bypass the whole boardgame thing and play mini-games. Granted, it's not much fun unless you have 3 or 4 people, but it's always good for some laughs.

M.O.T.H.
05-31-2007, 07:13 PM
I still have yet to play one of these...

Moses
05-31-2007, 07:14 PM
i'd rather play mario kart or mario tennis (best game ever, i'm a bit scared one of my friends will get killed if it comes out for wii). the mini games always entertained me for like ten minutes. there was just never a massive amount of replayability to the game, imo. i guess if there was enough beer involved..

I also love Mario Kart and Mario Tennis. Both awesome games. I still play Mario Kart 64.

M.O.T.H.
05-31-2007, 07:15 PM
i'd rather play mario kart or mario tennis (best game ever, i'm a bit scared one of my friends will get killed if it comes out for wii). the mini games always entertained me for like ten minutes. there was just never a massive amount of replayability to the game, imo. i guess if there was enough beer involved..

ah...the 64... i wasted a good portion of my life on...Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Madden 64, and Golden Eye.

Phrost
05-31-2007, 07:25 PM
ah...the 64... i wasted a good portion of my life on...Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Madden 64, and Golden Eye.

O yes, Sweet sweet golden eye.

The Unseen
05-31-2007, 07:41 PM

Mario Tennis is awesome. It gets pretty intense when you're playing with or against friends. I probably like Gamecube's version better because it's updated, but I think of them as one. However, Mario Kart 64 is better than Double Dash because of it's sheer greatness. I have a hard time determining if I think either it or Super Mario 64 is the greatest game I've ever played.

jballa838
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
SSX Blur is legit. It takes a while to get teh hang of it, but after you figure it out, it is an adrenaline rush.

jballa838
06-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Anyone have any Virtual Console games?

bsaza2358
06-06-2007, 11:43 AM
It is hard to find the power cards in retail stores anymore. They all seem to be charging high markup. I also don't trust the wireless Wii console system to take my credit card and not share the info. Just seems shady to use the wireless network like that.

bsaza2358
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Mario Tennis is awesome. It gets pretty intense when you're playing with or against friends. I probably like Gamecube's version better because it's updated, but I think of them as one. However, Mario Kart 64 is better than Double Dash because of it's sheer greatness. I have a hard time determining if I think either it or Super Mario 64 is the greatest game I've ever played.

I think Double Dash and Kart 64 are both awesome in their own ways. I love both of them separately. I think Nintendo did a fantastic job on both of these games because they are playable even now.

bsaza2358
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Personally, I cannot wait until they come out with a Mario Tennis game for the Wii. I'm interested to see how they manage to do movement and the swing with the Wiimote.

The Unseen
06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
the thing i hate about the gamecube version is the difference in how you move when taking a swing. in one, the swing stops you dead, and in the other, it doesn't (can't remember which is which). i'm terrible if we switch systems.

I hate those special shots in Gamecube, because I never know how to use them, but the comp players use them all the time. You'll make a great shot, and you think you'll get the point, but the use their "reach" shot and save it. Uggh. I just turn the special shots off before games.

Oh yeah, I got Super Paper Mario yesterday. Pretty good so far.

bsaza2358
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I heard good things about Super Paper Mario, but I never tried Paper Mario anything. I get the idea, but it seems kind of kiddy. As a 27 year old guy, I don't know if it's really my thing.

The Unseen
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I think Double Dash and Kart 64 are both awesome in their own ways. I love both of them separately. I think Nintendo did a fantastic job on both of these games because they are playable even now.

Agreed. I played Double Dash a few days ago, in fact, first time in awhile.

I forgot if I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but Mario Superstar Baseball is another great game. I also played that a few days ago. At one time I used to play it exclusively.

The Unseen
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I heard good things about Super Paper Mario, but I never tried Paper Mario anything. I get the idea, but it seems kind of kiddy. As a 27 year old guy, I don't know if it's really my thing.

I get your point. It's rated E (like most Mario games), but it plays like any other Mario adventure game. I'm a Mario geek, so I can't pass up on a major Mario game. Although, I did pass on Mario Party 8. I may get it eventually, but I'm gonna wait.

RoyHall#1
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I get your point. It's rated E (like most Mario games), but it plays like any other Mario adventure game. I'm a Mario geek, so I can't pass up on a major Mario game. Although, I did pass on Mario Party 8. I may get it eventually, but I'm gonna wait.

I wish I would've gotten Paper Mario instead of MP8 but it's not terrible.

jballa838
06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Mario Strikers: Charged sounds ok. i dunno about soccer on the wii.

RoyHall#1
06-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Mario Strikers: Charged sounds ok. i dunno about soccer on the wii.

Yeah, I love soccer but I don't know how they're going to make that work. Also, I saw that NBA live '08 will be coming out for Wii, though not for a while. It will be interesting to see how these 2 games take advantage of the motion sensor.

jballa838
06-16-2007, 07:22 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?No=0&N=138+102
only 15 sports game through year one?
i hope more pop up.

jballa838
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
BTW i found Wii Points Cards at Target. 2000 points for 19.99.

jballa838
06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
anyone try Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition?
it got a 9.1 from gamespot

bsaza2358
06-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Awesome stuff on the Wii points card. I'll have to get over there to get a few.

bsaza2358
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I just got the Billy & Mandy game for Wii. It was cheap, but it's a lot of fun. Nothing really special with graphics or use of the Wii-mote, but it's a button-mashing kind of game, and it's a lot of fun. I happen to love the cartoon, so it's a good fun fighting game.

jballa838
06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Mario Party 8 was phenominal for testosterone filled men like me and my dad. we battled on all the good mini games that require motion, like the pumper cars game.

bsaza2358
06-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I will have to look into Super Paper Mario and MP8. Thanks.

jballa838
06-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Wii Points in stock online if you are lazy.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=790008 (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=790008)

jballa838
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Anybody try a FPS like cod or MoH?

KCJ58
07-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Mario Party 8 is the best and so is wii sports

Jvig43
07-15-2007, 08:53 PM
anyone try Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition?
it got a 9.1 from gamespot

yeah actually, i bought the gamecube one when it came out, and then traded it in, but just a few weeks ago i bought the wii one, and i love it just as much, its one of my fav games of all time. its great cause the wii mote works really well with the game play, and if you dont like it, just plug in a gamecube controller and play it the normal way. Plus with all the ps2 extras and thirty dollar price point, it still remains one of my fav games. its def worth picking up, even if you already own another version.

jballa838
07-15-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah actually, i bought the gamecube one when it came out, and then traded it in, but just a few weeks ago i bought the wii one, and i love it just as much, its one of my fav games of all time. its great cause the wii mote works really well with the game play, and if you dont like it, just plug in a gamecube controller and play it the normal way. Plus with all the ps2 extras and thirty dollar price point, it still remains one of my fav games. its def worth picking up, even if you already own another version.
ok thanks. i'm really saving up for a 360 and the huge season approaching with GTA and Halo and NCAA, plus more games might make it there, and i think the wii is about to have a great season too.

Jvig43
07-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah im a wii60 person, i own both, and love both of them. both consoles have amazing games coming out soon, the best lineup ive seen in years. im still not sold however on the PS3, im just waiting for Sony to publically anounce " We F****D UP big time".

jballa838
07-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah im a wii60 person, i own both, and love both of them. both consoles have amazing games coming out soon, the best lineup ive seen in years. im still not sold however on the PS3, im just waiting for Sony to publically anounce " We F****D UP big time".
the line-up for 360 is amazing alone, but when you throw in the wii it is greater then any before

Bengalsrz
07-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Tales Of Symphonia 2 was announced, the first one was in my top 3 favorite games ever. Also Tales of Innocence announced for the DS.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Some upcoming titles of note:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, December 2007
Super Mario Galaxy, November 2007
A real bowling game, October 2007
Raymans Raving Rabbids 2, November 2007
Mario Kart Wii, First Quarter 2008

mcdlaxbonz13
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
just got a wii last thursday and was wondering what game i should get for it, besides wii sports.

Grizzlegom
07-24-2007, 04:38 PM
i just got one last Wednesday and i got Elebits, Resident Evil 4, and Wii Play (mostly for the extra Wiimote) and i must say, i havent been disappointed with any of them. Wii play and sports have been great to play when i have groups over and Resident Evil 4 and Elebits have been awesome for solo play. i honestly think all of these games are worth it but id say Resident Evil is the best bang for your buck in terms of single-player games that are out right now because its only $30 and the graphics and gameplay are great.

also i hear Zelda is amazing but i absolutely hate that series so i refuse to buy it.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I recommend renting Rayman's Raving Rabbids and purchasing Zelda. I have heard that Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 are awesome. As a cheap buy, I also enjoy the button-mashing Billy & Mandy Game. If you're into it, I also love the Godfather.

etk
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Damn, you're lucky. I don't really have time for a Wii right now on top of my 360 & DS, but there are very few games I wouldn't enjoy on that console. Eventually I'll convince my family members to split the cost because of the new interactive entertainment that appeals to anyone, like the upcoming workout game.

etk
07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
I recommend renting Rayman's Raving Rabbids and purchasing Zelda. I have heard that Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 are awesome. As a cheap buy, I also enjoy the button-mashing Billy & Mandy Game. If you're into it, I also love the Godfather.

I heard that Mario Party 8 sucks. Waste of the Wiimote and bad graphics, along with the fact that it's only fun to play with 3+ other people.

ccB
07-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I just got a Wii yesterday. Its pretty freakin sweet.

PoopSandwich
07-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Get RE4, Zelda Twilight Princess.

Also, if you like playing games against your friends, Mario Party 8 is pretty fun (had to sell it in order to get madden, but it was still alot of fun.)

ccB
07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I bought it off my friend, he gave me Zelda and Godfather with it, my gf and I bought paper mario today which is the shhhhh reminds me of playing Mario 3 back in the day. I really want the rayman game that looks pretty sweet and has gotten decent ratings.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Rayman is a lot of fun, but I can't say if it's worth the $50 investment. I highly recommend renting it first before doing anything else. The problem with Rayman is that it's mostly a 1P game. I had a ton of fun with it, but I never bought it (rented for 2 weeks). The Rayman 2 is supposed to be more multiplayer oriented.

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
I've had the Wii for a while. It's not bad, but I'll play it a lot more once it gets some decent games. That, of course, would be December 3rd.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 05:38 PM
What comes out December 3? Mario Galaxy?

shavedaeyebrow2
07-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Mario Strikers is coming out soon, that game is gunna be amazing. I loved the gamecube version, and the wii version is gunna be online. I am pretty sure it comes out on the 29th but I'm too lazy to look it up. If it's nearly as good as the gamecube version, it'll be a great game. You have to play with other people though, I've never played it in single player, but with a group of friends, or even just 2 people, it's awesome.

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 05:41 PM
What comes out December 3? Mario Galaxy?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The Unseen
07-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I'm at a stale point in Paper Mario. I know what I have to do, but it's slightly daunting and I never feel like playing it.

PoopSandwich
07-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I bought it off my friend, he gave me Zelda and Godfather with it, my gf and I bought paper mario today which is the shhhhh reminds me of playing Mario 3 back in the day. I really want the rayman game that looks pretty sweet and has gotten decent ratings.

Im telling you man, get Resident Evil 4, its only $30 and is one of the best shooter games I've ever played, it feels so natural on the Wii.

Jvig43
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
I pray to god super smash has online multiplayer, its unfortunate that metroids online multiplayer was scrapped, but i believe that mario kart has online, i fing love the mario kart series.

jballa838
07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I pray to god super smash has online multiplayer, its unfortunate that metroids online multiplayer was scrapped, but i believe that mario kart has online, i fing love the mario kart series.
SSBB got pushed back so far it has to.

Tampa 2 4 life
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm not a HUGE fan of online Fighting games, because it takes such exact timing and when lag hits it can get frustrating, So I'd be fine with just 1 V 1, but I'd be thrilled with 4 player.

Metroid isn't an online game, and if you played Metroid Hunters you would agree.

Yes, Mario Kart Wii has online, it'll rock.

WMD
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Did you get Wii Sports?? I've enjoyed that more than any other game I've played for the Wii... Bowling is unstoppable.

Beans
07-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Mario Strikers is coming out soon, that game is gunna be amazing. I loved the gamecube version, and the wii version is gunna be online. I am pretty sure it comes out on the 29th but I'm too lazy to look it up. If it's nearly as good as the gamecube version, it'll be a great game. You have to play with other people though, I've never played it in single player, but with a group of friends, or even just 2 people, it's awesome.

I second this, as part of said group. Everyone should buy that game, and trade friend codes and shiznit, cos its one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time (i.e the last month or so).

PoopSandwich
07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Did you get Wii Sports?? I've enjoyed that more than any other game I've played for the Wii... Bowling is unstoppable.

My friend bowled a 300 on new years, they were over my house drinking and decided they would wii bowl and he kicked ass.

ccB
07-24-2007, 11:58 PM

Yeah, I like playing Tennis.

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 07:34 AM

On October 14, they're releasing a new bowling game that should prove to be more responsive and expansive than the Wii Sports version. Depending on price, I might purchase it.

Tampa 2 4 life
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Gonna get it the day it comes out, it's gonna be all sorts of awesome.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/05/25

etk
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Okay, it's official. I can't resist any longer, I'm buying a Wii once I start work in August. The only thing holding me back from getting one is the fact that I'm gonna want every new game that comes out.

RoyHall#1
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Okay, it's official. I can't resist any longer, I'm buying a Wii once I start work in August. The only thing holding me back from getting one is the fact that I'm gonna want every new game that comes out.

Very true, I already have the Wii and have forced myself not to buy too many mediocre games now and wait for all the great ones coming in fall. But I'm not going to be able to resist Super Mario Strikers coming out in 5 days, mainly because I don't want the deal of trading in Mario Party 8 for 30 Bucks to expire.

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
As a long time Wii owner, I recommend renting first before purchase. While it might cost you a little long-run, companies are still trying to figure out how to use the system to its fullest capabilities. I'd rather not waste $50 finding out which ones are truly good.

etk
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
As a long time Wii owner, I recommend renting first before purchase. While it might cost you a little long-run, companies are still trying to figure out how to use the system to its fullest capabilities. I'd rather not waste $50 finding out which ones are truly good.

Oh I know the rules of video game ownership. I learned them by my own trial, error and experiences :(. I usually have a good perception of what games I do and don't like, and reviews help a lot too. 99% of the Wii games interest me, but only a few actually have owning potential. I'm not compulsive enough to go out and buy Mario Party 8 & that Pokemon Battle game without thinking it through.

jballa838
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Very true, I already have the Wii and have forced myself not to buy too many mediocre games now and wait for all the great ones coming in fall. But I'm not going to be able to resist Super Mario Strikers coming out in 5 days, mainly because I don't want the deal of trading in Mario Party 8 for 30 Bucks to expire.
its the same for me, except insert Madden 07 for Mario Party 8

RoyHall#1
07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
its the same for me, except insert Madden 07 for Mario Party 8

Well, I do have both of those... Zelda's really the only game I have that I've never regretted buying.

jballa838
07-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, I do have both of those... Zelda's really the only game I have that I've never regretted buying.
i have not bought one game, my dad got me madden but i hated it and played it once.

jballa838
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
anyone get Strikers?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/809/809501p1.html
and a boxing video game that looks awesome. already released in japan, but looks good and has good controls

jballa838
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
better boxer video:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/936582/6174546/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32007_videos

RoyHall#1
08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Just got Strikers! Got to go play it, review to come.

jballa838
08-01-2007, 09:41 PM
i bought punchout on the vc and i played it about 11 hours in 2 days.

Boston
08-01-2007, 10:07 PM
The Bigs is such a fun game to play, but it's so annoying when you watch the other teams outfielders jump 30 feet in the air to rob you of a HR.

jballa838
08-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Big releases coming up soon:
Madden 08: August 14
Brunswick Pro Bowling: August 21
Metroid: August 27
Tiger Woods 08: August 28
Ultimate Duck Hunt: August 28
9/3- Hooked Real Motion Fishing
9/4- Blitz: the League, Pool Party, Dewy's Adventure

Then it dies down for a little bit, with Balls of Fury and Dragon Blade being the only 2 good games (in theory) until October which has a couple good games and then November is a lot like August with a flurry of games with potential, such as:

Ghost Squad
Lego Star Wars
Super Mario Galaxy
Dragon Ball Z 3
Rayman 2
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Trauma Center: New Blood
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Rockstar Games Presents: Table Tennis
Victorious Boxer: Revolution
AMF Bowling Pinbusters

Then December has a couple good ones:
Super Smash Bros Brawl
MLB Power Pros (Japanese Port of Power Pro Baseball)
and probably a couple good ones could come out of no where

Release Dates: http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html
Besides: VC will grow and maybe add gameboy games?

jballa838
08-08-2007, 03:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_%28North_America%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_%28North_America%29)
anyone waiting for any good games? i'll post my top 5 in a couple minutes

RoyHall#1
08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Just got Strikers! Got to go play it, review to come.

I regret buying it. It has great reviews evrerywhere, but I find it to get repetitive and dull. Maybe it's just me though, and it is a pretty good multiplayer game. And this has nothing to do with it being soccer either, because I love soccer games usually.

jballa838
08-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I regret buying it. It has great reviews evrerywhere, but I find it to get repetitive and dull. Maybe it's just me though, and it is a pretty good multiplayer game. And this has nothing to do with it being soccer either, because I love soccer games usually.
did you play it online?

RoyHall#1
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
did you play it online?

No, I have dial-up, but I'm sure that would make the game worth buying.

jballa838
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
No, I have dial-up, but I'm sure that would make the game worth buying.
oh, you can buy something that plugs into your computer that gives out a wifi signal...
EDIT: Nevermind
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802254 (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802254)
Dial Up connections will not work with this device.
do any neighbors have wifi you could jack?

RoyHall#1
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
No, I'm pretty bad with technical stuff anyways...

jballa838
08-08-2007, 08:48 PM
No, I'm pretty bad with technical stuff anyways...
have you tried to connect to the internet with your wii yet?

RoyHall#1
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, I've tried to do it w/o doing anything, meaning just going to the weather channel and it not letting me on.

The Unseen
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
My internet for the Wii doesn't work because my wireless connection is via a certain Netgear router, and apparently it's somehow not compatible with the Wii. The site says I would have to mail my Wii into Nintendo to make it compatible, I think.

shavedaeyebrow2
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone on here have Mario Strikers Charged?

Beans
08-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Anyone on here have Mario Strikers Charged?

heyyyyyyy :p

shavedaeyebrow2
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I want some friend codes so I can own a few people. I am the greatest strikers player EVER

jballa838
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I want some friend codes so I can own a few people. I am the greatest strikers player EVER
i would, but i always rent first and hollywood video was out

jballa838
08-09-2007, 06:13 PM
future vc games
http://www.vc-reviews.com/coming_soon.php

Beans
08-09-2007, 09:10 PM
future vc games
http://www.vc-reviews.com/coming_soon.php

Yoshi's Story! Score!

ccB
08-09-2007, 10:28 PM
My internet for the Wii doesn't work because my wireless connection is via a certain Netgear router, and apparently it's somehow not compatible with the Wii. The site says I would have to mail my Wii into Nintendo to make it compatible, I think.

So thats why I cannot get online with my Wii...

mcdlaxbonz13
08-09-2007, 10:43 PM
yes super mario rpg, thats what im talkin about

skinzzfan25
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I know somebody out there got Madden 07 for the Wii. Is it any good? To me, when I think madden I still think the standard console button pushing game. I'm flip flopping on whether or not to pick up '08 when it comes out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that Metroid demo was lame, I thought you would actually be able to play something instead of watching trailers.

jballa838
08-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I know somebody out there got Madden 07 for the Wii. Is it any good? To me, when I think madden I still think the standard console button pushing game. I'm flip flopping on whether or not to pick up '08 when it comes out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that Metroid demo was lame, I thought you would actually be able to play something instead of watching trailers.
Madden 07 for wii was very lame. the controls were the same, except with some waggle because there wasnt enough buttons. if you have a normal console i'd get madden on there.

And that Metroid Demo was lame, but it was the first time nintendo has ever done that, so it is gonna improve for Galaxy and maybe we'll get a SSBB playable demo.

jballa838
08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Mario & Sonic site just updated: http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php
Gymnastics sounds kinda dumb though, as does archery. But Miyamoto hinted that jousting is in it, which would be bad ass

jballa838
08-21-2007, 12:00 PM
6 days until metroid.

bsaza2358
08-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Has anyone tried Madden 08 for the Wii yet? The video stores are out of copies, and I'm not too keen on spending $50 for a poop game.

JagHombre22
08-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Madden 08 is probably a disappointment in my eyes...the online is poorly done...I've had the game a week and I've yet been able to play online due to the high volume of people that have purchased the game and overload the server...I've called EA and they've said that they are working on fixing the problem...but I'm coming to the realization that I'll never be able to play online...(and trust me I know this is not a problem with my internet connection!)

I've also noticed that the quarterback play on 08 is much worse than on 07...defensive controls are pretty much the best factor...there are also some cool side stuff to do, like party mode and the trivia games that you can play with three of your friends or your family or whoever...

the game I'm waiting on is Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 and Guitar Hero 3....MP3 just doesn't look that appealing to me...

The Unseen
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I wanna buy 08 when I can, but I'm worried because the Wii-based controls turned me off when I bought 07. I ended up wasting $50 bucks because I played the Gamecube-version 07 on the Wii instead.

JagHombre22
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought that the wii controls for 07 were superb based on the wii controls for 08...I just don't understand why EA has to mess with the controls year in and year out...it's quite ridiculous when you have to get used to new controls after playing a year or two with the same ones...just me bitching...

anyways, the graphics are actually lame...I know that's a shock but it's true...I don't know how true this statement is...but I never played Superstar in 07 (even though I owned the game for a year) but in 08 I've since started a Superstar mode as a RDE, and you get to play from the camera angle of behind the DE instead of playing defense from behind the QB...which I thought was really cool...also in Superstar mode you can play as an incoming rookie i.e. Calvin Johnson or Jamarcus Russell (and take their careers over) which is pretty cool as well...overall, I was just disappointed...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
The controls are really whacked I find for Madden. Just not as in depth as PS2 was. Also, when you snap the ball on a passing play, you have to be careful, or else you end up throwing it right away. But does anyone know any DL controls for Madden? The game doesnt really tell you.

WMD
08-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Zombie's Ate My Neighbors!!!!!! Awesome.

bsaza2358
08-22-2007, 07:39 AM
I think I'll stick with a rental for the time being and wait and see. Still looking forward to Rayman's 2 + Super Mario World + Super Smash.

Paul
08-22-2007, 08:16 PM
http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508

Wii surpasses 360 in worldwide console sales.

P-L
08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508

Wii surpasses 360 in worldwide console sales.

This has been expected for some time. Nintendo is extremely popular in Japan and Microsoft just can't sell their product there.

bwillie26
08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
I've never kept up with a Nintendo Wii, or even know anything about them. But I was lucky enough to win one in an online contest. I'm looking to sell it, but I have no clue how much they are going for. Amazon and EBay prices are really different.

How much should I sell a brand new, un-opened Wii for? And where is the best place to sell it at, where I would likely get the most return?

JagHombre22
08-24-2007, 06:29 PM
I would recommend you sell your wii for around 265 (that includes shipping if you were to sell it on ebay or amazon), they go instores for 249 plus tax....I hate it when people try to gouge the price on the Wii's (like 350 for an unopened wii, which is ridiculous)

just sell it for the regular price and get your money...it's not like you're trying to turn a profit or anything!

D-Unit
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I got Madden 08 and I must say... I like the Xbox one better cause I don't have to move around. LOL.

jballa838
09-18-2007, 09:13 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/820/820763p1.html
anyone else as optimistic about this game as i am?

PoopSandwich
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Metroid Prime is sweet.

fondoffilm
09-19-2007, 03:50 AM
So you can't create players or relocate franchises in Madden? Ah ha.

M.O.T.H.
09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Dont know if this has been posted but, I may have to buy a Wii for this game...looks pretty sweet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BHaItCFGI_g