PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental draft thread

ricky bobby
05-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Mark Washington 6'3" 250 pound DT/DE/LB will declare for the draft according to draftdaddy. He runs a 4.51 forty yard dash. Undrafted

Paul Oliver (speculation) 6' 200 pounds. Great athlete, great ability. His lack of brains will concern GMs and despite being a 1st round talent will probably go in the 3rd.

Jared Gaither (speculations) 6'9" 330 pounds. I'm not sure about this guy. Haven't really seem him play. I think some people are simply enamoured with his stature. I was wondering if he can actually play in the NFL. Probably a 4rth or 5th round pick.

What do you guys think?

WMD
05-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Lions should spend a 2nd Rounder on Oliver and a 3rd on Gaither!

ricky bobby
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Lions should spend a 2nd Rounder on Oliver and a 3rd on Gaither!
I have a feeling Gaither is getting the same undeserved hype that Walter Thomas got.

btw, Thomas's NFL career lasted 10 minutes before he was carried off the field by the training staff.

WMD
05-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh, actually, I haven't seen anything on Gaither declaring for the Supplemental draft.. I saw that he was having problems with grades though..

ricky bobby
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh, actually, I haven't seen anything on Gaither declaring for the Supplemental draft.. I saw that he was having problems with grades though..
I put (Speculation) after his name for that purpose.

OSUGiants17
05-21-2007, 07:47 PM
hope G-Men get Oliver and or Gaither

MP123
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't get why they can't make the grades. It's not that hard.

KCJ58
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Jared Gaither could be a 1st round pick in the 2008 draft

Paranoidmoonduck
05-21-2007, 08:28 PM

If he started playing well. Huge if.

ricky bobby
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
There are four OTs better than Gaither in next year's draft and they are all on the Playboy All American team.

Sam Baker
Jake Long
Barry Richardson
Ryan Clady

bored of education
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Chiefs going for Oliver, I F&**^*&^*&(* HOPE!

ATLDirtyBirds
05-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Falcons would be stupid to not try and get Gaither if he went for it.

mikehop05
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't get why they can't make the grades. It's not that hard.

yeah the fridge even gave him the spring off practice and tutors, etc, to get his grades up

word on the street is he failed though

PACKmanN
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
when is it?

draftguru151
05-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Gaither actually did something at the D1 level, Thomas did nothing. He had a pretty good freshman year, last year he was ok but not worth the hype.

Flyboy
05-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I have a feeling Gaither is getting the same undeserved hype that Walter Thomas got.

btw, Thomas's NFL career lasted 10 minutes before he was carried off the field by the training staff.

12 minutes, buddy. Twelve.

keylime_5
05-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't think Gaither is gonna be in this supp. draft. Oliver would be a quality 3rd round choice though.

Don Vito
05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
There are four OTs better than Gaither in next year's draft and they are all on the Playboy All American team.

Sam Baker
Jake Long
Barry Richardson
Ryan Clady

You could add Mike Oher, Gosder Cherilus, and maybe Kirk Barton too imo. Gaither is a physical specimen, not a football player at this point. He definitely has the measurables and athleticism of a top 5 pick, but his play doesn't stand out too much when he's on the field.

CC.SD
05-21-2007, 10:32 PM
12 minutes, buddy. Twelve.

Good catch.

Somebody will throw out a second for Paul Oliver, he was in contention for 1st corner taken next year. If Cason died.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Gaither has a metric ton of potential, but his play in no way warrants someone dropping a 1st day pick on at this moment. If he does enter this upcoming supplemental draft, some team will take a shot at him in the 4th or 5th.

jbeans187
05-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Any links on Gaither entering?

Mr. Stiller
05-22-2007, 12:27 AM

Sam Baker
Jake Long
Barry Richardson
Ryan Clady

Clady is a Junior,

Baker I give you.

Most think Longs potential is limited to RT.

Richardson doesn't have Gaithers athleticism.

I'm not saying Gaither will be better, but not even a year ago the guy was 6'9 332lbs and ran a 4.72 40'.

My fav LT is Richardson FWIW.

I think a team in Tackle Trouble (IE Pittsburgh)

Should take Gaither with a Supp 3rd and draft Richardson round 1.

Question is.. where is this speculation coming from ;)

TigerBait45
05-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Man I'd love it if the Saints went after Paul Oliver. Usama Young may look good for the future but Oliver's ridiculously talented.

I don't think hes a Sean Payton guy though..but neither was Walter Thomas and he still got signed (albeit for 12 minutes haha)

Flyboy
05-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Man I'd love it if the Saints went after Paul Oliver. Usama Young may look good for the future but Oliver's ridiculously talented.

I don't think hes a Sean Payton guy though..but neither was Walter Thomas and he still got signed (albeit for 12 minutes haha)

We didn't give up anything for Thomas, though. No loss whatsoever. Oliver would probably cost us a third or a second. I don't see it happening.

kmartin575
05-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Most Maryland on scout.com seem to think Gaither is gone.

On another note, I would be ecstatic if the Chiefs got Paul Oliver. We have very good starters in Ty Law and Patrick Surtain but until Marcus Maxey and Michael Bragg prove themselves we have absolutely no depth behind them. Oliver would be a great nickle for this year and should develop into a great starter.

Mr. Stiller
05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Most Maryland on scout.com seem to think Gaither is gone.

On another note, I would be ecstatic if the Chiefs got Paul Oliver. We have very good starters in Ty Law and Patrick Surtain but until Marcus Maxey and Michael Bragg prove themselves we have absolutely no depth behind them. Oliver would be a great nickle for this year and should develop into a great starter.

I see Millen grabbing him.

Why?

He's the only guy to shut down CJ In college, who better to not have to play against.

Really though? I think GB Should grab him. Why? Because he DID shut CJ Down and their 2 corners have 10+ Years. Woodson never lived up to the hyped and Al Harris isn't getting any younger, Ahmad Carroll was a bust.

I think they should take a chance using a 3rd/4th round Supp pick and if he doesn't work out, it's not like they wasted a first on Carroll again. If he works out, they got a #1 CB for a 3rd or 4th.

georgiafan
05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

a little bit of info on Gaither

Finsfan79
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Oliver has Miami dolphins written all over him :)

<~~ hides the crayon

bored of education
05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Where did you hide it, and can I try to find it?

ricky bobby
05-22-2007, 11:29 AM
You know who was criticized for not taking a Tackle early on in April's draft? The Giants. We should get Gaither in round 4.

heavyduty
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM

Sam Baker
Jake Long
Barry Richardson
Ryan Clady

ricky do you have a link to that playboy all american team, i can't seem to find it and i really wanna see it.

ricky bobby
05-22-2007, 12:11 PM
ricky do you have a link to that playboy all american team, i can't seem to find it and i really wanna see it.

QB Brian Brohm - Louisville
RB Steve Slaton - West Virgina
RB Ray Rice - Rutgers
RB Darren McFadden - Arkansas
WR Limas Sweed - Texas
WR DeSean Jackson - California
WR Mario Manningham - Michigan
OT Ryan Clady - Boise State
OT Sam Baker - U.S.C.
OT Jake Long - Michigan
OT Barry Richardson - Clemson
OC Cody Wallace - Texas A&M
OC Dallas Griffin - Texas PK Jeremy Ito - Rutgers

DL Chris Long - Virginia
DT Glenn Dorsey - L.S.U.
DE Calais Campbell - Miami
DE Tommy Blake - T.C.U.
LB Keith Rivers - USC
LB Erin Henderson - Maryland
LB James Laurinaitis - Ohio State
SS Chris Horton - UCLA
CB Antoine Cason - Arizona
CB Dwight Lowery - San Jose State
CB Aqib Talib - Kansas P Chris Miller - Ball State

From Draftdaddy.com who compiled this roster by looking at the photos.

bigrich88
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
I see Millen grabbing him.

Why?

He's the only guy to shut down CJ In college, who better to not have to play against.

Really though? I think GB Should grab him. Why? Because he DID shut CJ Down and their 2 corners have 10+ Years. Woodson never lived up to the hyped and Al Harris isn't getting any younger, Ahmad Carroll was a bust.

I think they should take a chance using a 3rd/4th round Supp pick and if he doesn't work out, it's not like they wasted a first on Carroll again. If he works out, they got a #1 CB for a 3rd or 4th.

right on point. woodson and harris have a few years left in them but they really could use a guy as talented as Oliver. CJ is going to be dominating the division for years, but i think if Oliver can continue his success against him it would be a genius pick. That would be a great match up to watch for years to come. And like you said its the supplemental draft so they wouldn't lose much. I think it is a great risk worth taking. Green Bay needs Oliver.

Oaktown1981
05-22-2007, 12:56 PM
If Gaither does enter the draft I hope the Raiders draft him.

Geo
05-22-2007, 12:59 PM
You know who was criticized for not taking a Tackle early on in April's draft? The Giants. We should get Gaither in round 4.
They need a third raw left tackle prospect on the roster, joining Guy Whimper and Adam Koets? Especially one who couldn't cut it in college?

ricky bobby
05-22-2007, 01:05 PM
They need a third raw left tackle prospect on the roster, joining Guy Whimper and Adam Koets? Especially one who couldn't cut it in college?
We need depth on the Offensive line that's for sure. If Deihl doesn't move over to LT, which he may not still our OTs will be...

Kareem McKenzie RT
Guy Whimper LT
Adam Koet LT
And then our only option would be a UDFA.

If we went with Gaither...

Kareem McKenzie RT
Guy Whimper LT
Jared Gaither RT/LT
Adam Koets LT

and suddenly our OT situation is looking pretty decent.

SuperKevin
05-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Don't forget Nebraska LT Chris Patrick who declared for the supplemental draft like 3 months ago. He played LT for a solid Nebraska team and declared because he was unable to declare for the NFL draft in time. he has decent size at 6'4" 300 lbs with an estimated 5.02 40 yard dash. Although he's not the prospect Gaither is, he should be another solid OT prospect in the supplemental draft and worthy of a late round pick

Canuck
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM

12 minutes. :(

stephenson86
05-30-2007, 06:49 PM
id take gaither in the second tbh

6ft 9

330lbs

4.72 40....

he can sit for 2 to 3 years and learn, that kind of physical presence and good tutoring, the guy will be incredible

marks01234
05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
id take gaither in the second tbh

6ft 9

330lbs

4.72 40....

he can sit for 2 to 3 years and learn, that kind of physical presence and good tutoring, the guy will be incredible

Somebody want provide a link for Gaither 40 time.

The kid is very raw at this point. Probably not even good enough to make it off the practice squad for a few years.

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Somebody want provide a link for Gaither 40 time.

The kid is very raw at this point. Probably not even good enough to make it off the practice squad for a few years.
The second you put him on the PS, another team will snag him up. Put him on specail teams.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I want Oliver. If the Giants can give up a 3rd for him, thats a steal. Id love to know that our future CBs would be Ross and Oliver for years to come. That would make life so much easier for the rest of the team.

mcdlaxbonz13
05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
anyone think maybe cleveland would put in a bid for oliver

Don Vito
05-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Bodden is a question mark but they took Eric Wright so I dont think they would use anything more than a third, they definitely are a possibility but I doubt they end up with Oliver.

mcdlaxbonz13
05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
especially since they gave up next years first i doubt they will use a first day pick for him, was just wondering

keylime_5
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Bodden is a question mark but they took Eric Wright so I dont think they would use anything more than a third, they definitely are a possibility but I doubt they end up with Oliver.

The only question mark with Bodden is if he gets hurt. No way Cleveland uses a pick on Oliver, they just got Wright in round 2 after a trade up. Savage isn't gonna use any draft picks a year early in a draft that they already gave up 2 in (a late rounder for Hank Fraley to the Eagles, and the first rounder of course to Dallas)

SuperKevin
06-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Former Maryland and Morgan State DT Robert Armstrong is in the supplemental draft. He's 6'4" 327 lbs and supposedly has worked out well for scouts. Probably not drafted though but could be a solid FA signing

Acreboy
06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Saints are interested in Chris Patrick, anyone know anything about him?

remix 6
06-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Saints are interested in Chris Patrick, anyone know anything about him?

Patriots are too..didnt attend Oliver's pro day though :(

maybe a private session will come :)

Acreboy
06-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Patriots are too..didnt attend Oliver's pro day though :(

maybe a private session will come :)Where can I find who attended his pro day? And his numbers.

remix 6
06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Where can I find who attended his pro day? And his numbers.

idk exactly who but its been said 23 teams have, only Bills from AFC East i think

scout.com insiders got his #s..im waiting too

Woody56
06-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Oliver not so impressive

from rotoworld.com

Georgia CB Paul Oliver ran his forty in the 4.5-4.58 range at his Pro Day, according to Scout.com. His vertical was 33.5 inches.

Oliver has size to help overcome the lack of long speed, but these numbers aren't that impressive. It's possible he'll get a look from Cover 2 teams or even as a free safety. Oliver shut down Calvin Johnson in November, but probably won't go any higher than the third round next month.

ElectricEye
06-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Those numbers aren't all that bad. Not good, but certainly not horrible.

Don Vito
06-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Those numbers aren't all that bad. Not good, but certainly not horrible.

They aren't bad but people saw him as a physical freak who will run a low 4.4 at 6-0 205. I would still take him though, I love physical corners.

keylime_5
06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Oliver not so impressive

from rotoworld.com

Georgia CB Paul Oliver ran his forty in the 4.5-4.58 range at his Pro Day, according to Scout.com. His vertical was 33.5 inches.

Oliver has size to help overcome the lack of long speed, but these numbers aren't that impressive. It's possible he'll get a look from Cover 2 teams or even as a free safety. Oliver shut down Calvin Johnson in November, but probably won't go any higher than the third round next month.

Did Oliver shut down Johnson or did Reggie Ball shut down Johnson? I'm thinking probably Reggie Ball.

Green Bay Scat
06-20-2007, 03:40 PM
well georiga did have a good front 4, so he Ball shut down Johnson

reese
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
i actually watched the game....he was all over johnson the whole game...it had nuthin to do with ball...

remix 6
06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
i actually watched the game....he was all over johnson the whole game...it had nuthin to do with ball...

i thought i saw Oliver get beat by 5-7 yards one play(deep ball) but the safety knocked it down while Oliver was chasing.

kmartin575
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
As a Chiefs fan I like the fact that he ran a slow 40 time. His 40 time might scare some teams off but it sure won't scare off a team that runs the tampa 2 defense, like the Chiefs.

With no depth at all behind Surtain and Law, we could really use Oliver.

kmartin575
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
idk exactly who but its been said 23 teams have, only Bills from AFC East i think

scout.com insiders got his #s..im waiting too

The scout.com insiders article you are referring to said there were 27 teams in attendance.

KCJ58
06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
when is the Supp. draft?

reese
06-20-2007, 05:00 PM
i thought i saw Oliver get beat by 5-7 yards one play(deep ball) but the safety knocked it down while Oliver was chasing.

1. if he was that far away and the safety knocked it down then mabe he wasnt responsible for johnson or the zone where the ball was being thrown to on that play....

2. if he was beat on that play and thats the only time u can remember 'the best wr prospect ever" beating him..then he did pretty good

Mr. Stiller
06-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Not to mention, that unlike all the players going into the normal draft working out at all the different sports training camps.. Oliver didn't have 4 months to prepare.. more like... 1.5

SuperKevin
06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
He's still probably a 3rd round pick even despite the slow time. If anything now he's more attractive to a cover 2 team looking for a Ronde Barber like CB

mcdlaxbonz13
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Not to mention, that unlike all the players going into the normal draft working out at all the different sports training camps.. Oliver didn't have 4 months to prepare.. more like... 1.5

very true, most guys even start preparing long before 4 months, if they don't make a bowl game or have a very early one

WarOnTheShore
06-20-2007, 08:53 PM
when is the Supp. draft?

It's on July 12.

Sveen
06-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Joining Georgia CB paul Oliver and Nebraska OT Chris Patrick on the list are 320-pound Morgan State DT Robert Armstrong and Texas State LB mark Washington.

Source: Great Blue North Draft Report

remix 6
06-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Source: Great Blue North Draft Report

Mark Washington intrigues me. 6"3 250, played LB and DE..supposed to be very fast and explosive Good sign for a 3-4 backer

played at: Long Beach Poly, Arizona State and Texas State

georgiafan
06-21-2007, 07:19 AM
In the game agianst CJ he had few pass breakups to prevent TD.

Acreboy
06-21-2007, 01:20 PM
No one answered my question whether or not Oliver is a true Cover 2 CB or Man-to-Man.

reese
06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
No one answered my question whether or not Oliver is a true Cover 2 CB or Man-to-Man.

at uga he did more man...but i dont remember georgia runnnin alot of cover 2...i wouldnt say he is perfectly set for either 1 but with work he could settle into either 1 nicely

bored of education
06-21-2007, 03:52 PM
He would be perfect under Ty Law's wing. Pwning Peyton

Scooch
06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Mark Washington 6'3" 250 pound DT/DE/LB will declare for the draft according to draftdaddy. He runs a 4.51 forty yard dash. Undrafted

Paul Oliver (speculation) 6' 200 pounds. Great athlete, great ability. His lack of brains will concern GMs and despite being a 1st round talent will probably go in the 3rd.

Jared Gaither (speculations) 6'9" 330 pounds. I'm not sure about this guy. Haven't really seem him play. I think some people are simply enamoured with his stature. I was wondering if he can actually play in the NFL. Probably a 4rth or 5th round pick.

What do you guys think?

Any definite word on whether Gaither is in the Supplemental Draft?

SuperKevin
06-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Any definite word on whether Gaither is in the Supplemental Draft?

No but it is official that he's ineligible for this upcoming season so that should make his decision easier

MURPHMAN
06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Rumor has it that Gaither might be leaning towards skipping football next year to bring his grades up so the can play in '08. With the supp. draft less than 3 weeks away, we should know soon.

mikehop05
06-22-2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-gaither0621,0,5408738.story?coll=bal-college-football

gaither is academically intelligible for this year

Scooch
06-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Rumor has it that Gaither might be leaning towards skipping football next year to bring his grades up so the can play in '08. With the supp. draft less than 3 weeks away, we should know soon.

I don't know if this is the best way to go. Sure, he'll make more money if he sits out, plays at a higher level than ever in '08, and then turns into the top 10 pick he's been hyped to be, but theres a lot of IFs there. Theres always gonna be a red flag on his intelligence and work ethic now...so that knocks him down a little, he's risking injury which could send his stock spiraling downward, theres a good chance he'll be playing with some rust and need time to even get back to playing at the level he's at now, etc. Personally, I think a break from football does more harm than good for a player who has been fighting to reach their potential as is and needs to continue to play the game and get better.

And I know every player risks injury, but I think it's a bigger risk for him since it would come after already sitting out a year, and add another red flag to his resume.

elway777
06-23-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-gaither0621,0,5408738.story?coll=bal-college-football

gaither is academically intelligible for this year

supplemental here he comes.

Grave Digger
06-23-2007, 11:53 PM
What's the word on Maurice Purify? Has he declared for the Supp. Draft yet? He got kicked off Nebraska and now I guess he's just wondering. I like him as a developmental prospect (he's kinda raw). He's so physical, like Keyshawn.

I wouldn't want the Packers to burn a pick on him because I think we have enough young talent at WR, but someone like Tennessee or Buffalo who need a big physical posession WR could take him.

YAYareaRB
06-23-2007, 11:54 PM
That would be nuts if Ryan Perriloux declared for Supp. Draft. Anyone got any news on him?

draftguru151
06-23-2007, 11:56 PM
What's the word on Maurice Purify? Has he declared for the Supp. Draft yet? He got kicked off Nebraska and now I guess he's just wondering. I like him as a developmental prospect (he's kinda raw). He's so physical, like Keyshawn.

I wouldn't want the Packers to burn a pick on him because I think we have enough young talent at WR, but someone like Tennessee or Buffalo who need a big physical posession WR could take him.

Did he for sure get kicked off? All I saw was he was indefinitely suspended.

TigerBait45
06-24-2007, 12:57 AM
That would be nuts if Ryan Perriloux declared for Supp. Draft. Anyone got any news on him?

Hes still waiting to see if he gets reinstated to the team. I'd imagine he will, if for no other reason than because the only other QBs on the roster after he and Matt Flynn are James Welker (walk-on) and Jarrett Lee (incoming freshman).

Acreboy
06-24-2007, 09:01 AM
We'll get at least 1 QB from this class but still. IDK if I want Perrilloux back.

BamaFalcon59
06-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow, I heard Oliver was a guy with a vertical close to 40 inches and ran a 4.3-4.4 at 6'0 205. Disappointing.

P-L
06-24-2007, 11:39 AM
He wouldn't get drafted this year, so it doesn't matter.

Acreboy
06-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow, I heard Oliver was a guy with a vertical close to 40 inches and ran a 4.3-4.4 at 6'0 205. Disappointing.Numbers don't determine football instinct. Which I think Oliver has.

Sveen
06-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Morgan State defensive tackle Robert Armstrong, whose size and quickness might tempt a few franchises in need of interior line help, will be included in the NFL's supplemental draft scheduled for July 12.

Armstrong is the third known prospect whose application for the summertime draft, which is typically limited to "special cases" players, has been accepted. He joins Georgia cornerback Paul Oliver and Nebraska offensive lineman Chris Patrick. There will likely be a few more players, as well, in the supplemental pool.

A former Maryland defender, who transferred to Morgan State in 2006 after he was declared academically ineligible by Terps' officials, Armstrong will audition on Thursday for league scouts. About a dozen teams will be present for his workout.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2916025

Iamcanadian
06-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Paul Oliver had a terrible workout. He measureed in at 5'10".5, 195lbs. He ran in the mid 4,5's with one team reporting a 4.6. He did a 33" vertical which is in the lower third of those CB's who worked out at the combine. He ran a 7.3 in the three cone drill which is the second worst of those CB's who ran at the combine. He's going to drop out of round 2 for sure and could go as low as the 4th or 5th round.

Chris Patrick LT, Nebraska ran in the 5.1-5,3 range. He did 31 reps and a 27" vertical. He is projected as an OG in the NFL.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
If Gaither enters the supplemental, then the Ravens really need to take a huge look at him since we missed out on Staley, IMO Gaither better potential then Staley.

ricky bobby
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
If Gaither enters the supplemental, then the Ravens really need to take a huge look at him since we missed out on Staley, IMO Gaither better potential then Staley.
Not a chance. Gaither is all hype. 6'9" 340 and a sub 5.0 forty is absolute bullcrap. Staley has at least proven something. I'll believe in Gaither when I see it.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Not a chance. Gaither is all hype. 6'9" 340 and a sub 5.0 forty is absolute bullcrap. Staley has at least proven something. I'll believe in Gaither when I see it.

So you have never watched him play obviously. As a freshman he was dominant, and last year while not being as dominant was still a top OT in college football. In the NFL he'll get a year to develop get stronger and know the game better, he is gonna be special.

Smokey Joe
06-27-2007, 10:20 PM
The Bears need to take a chance at Gaither. Nothing more then a 4th round pick though.

ricky bobby
06-27-2007, 10:42 PM
OTs i'd take over Gaither in next year's draft

1. Jake Long
2. Sam Baker
3. Barry Richardson
4. Gosder Cherilus
5. Michael Oher
6. Ryan Clady
7. Tony Hills

MURPHMAN
06-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Gaither still has not made a final decision but scout is reporting that he is leaning towards the supp. draft.

http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/655015.html

Sveen
06-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone know when the deadline to sign up for the Supplemental Draft is?

ricky bobby
06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-gaither0628,0,5867497.story?coll=bal-college-football

"Maryland junior offensive tackle Jared Gaither is leaving school early to apply for entry into the 2007 NFL supplemental draft, according to a press release from the university."

I guess he's officially in. Probably would be a 3rd round pick next year. Wouldn't be surprised if he slipped to the 5th in the supp. draft. That said, I wouldn't mind if the Giants picked him up a round earlier.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Gaither is probably between a 4th-6th round pick. I guess it depends how favorably the Maryland coaches speak of him.

ricky bobby
06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
What other teams need an OT? I know the Giants and the Ravens do, but who else would consider him?

draftguru151
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I could see Miami and Atlanta taking long looks at him.

kmartin575
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
What other teams need an OT? I know the Giants and the Ravens do, but who else would consider him?

He wouldn't start this year for the Chiefs but the Chiefs do need their future starter at left tackle. Damion McIntosh is only a stopgap and they are likely to use a high draft pick in next years draft on a tackle anyways.

Gridiron
06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
The Jets need serious help at RT.

Vikes99ej
06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Official:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2920248

Gaither in supplemental.

ricky bobby
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Official:

Gaither in supplemental.
Way to break the news champ.

Jonny
06-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Kind of OT but are those sig quotes real Ricky? Wow, those are ridiculous.

Scout49
06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I think Gaither is going to end up in one of these four places Arizona, Miami, Baltimore or the NYGiants. Just a gut feeling!

mikehop05
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Gaither is probably between a 4th-6th round pick. I guess it depends how favorably the Maryland coaches speak of him.

i cant see ralph really saying many good things about him

mikehop05
06-29-2007, 10:58 AM
I think Gaither is going to end up in one of these four places Arizona, Miami, Baltimore or the NYGiants. Just a gut feeling!

i see baltimore honestly

asmitty45
06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Lions should be interested in Gaither and Oliver, theyd be willing to part with a 3rd for either in my estimation

Scout49
06-29-2007, 02:41 PM
i see baltimore honestly

Yep, me too.

OhioState
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Espn reports that Maryland Tackle Jared Gaither has applied for entry into the supplemental draft.

fischbowl
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
OT:

I heard something about Demetrice Morley entering too?

Vikes99ej
06-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Espn reports that Maryland Tackle Jared Gaither has applied for entry into the supplemental draft.

I already posted that a few days ago, but thank you.

HoopsDemon12
06-30-2007, 01:01 PM
When is the draft?

ricky bobby
06-30-2007, 01:51 PM
July 12th I believe.

remix 6
06-30-2007, 02:37 PM
OT:

I heard something about Demetrice Morley entering too?

wasnt he a top CB coming out of HS?

hows he been as a Vol?

fenikz
06-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Gaither & Oliver need to come to Arizona, I don't care if we don't get a 3rd & 4th next year, we had a good draft this year without em

just wondering how much do supp draft player get payed?

Paranoidmoonduck
06-30-2007, 03:38 PM
i cant see ralph really saying many good things about him

Exactly, which doesn't bode well. Teams don't really have a whole lot of time to study up on these players, so the kind of reports they get from the player's college coaching staffs becomes very important.

Then again, Brooks went with a 3rd rounder and I'm certain that Groh didn't wax poetic about the kid. I don't think Gaither is another Brooks though.

Damix
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Are they FA if they don't get drafted?

Vikes99ej
07-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Texas St. player in draft:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2926101

Wootylicous
07-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Are they FA if they don't get drafted?

Yes , I think they can be signed by any teams if they aren't picked in the supplemental

TRich28
07-04-2007, 10:25 PM
NFL | Turner eligible for Supplemental Draft
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:06:00 -0700

East Central University OT Aaron Turner (6-5, 345 pounds) has been granted status by the NFL for the league's Supplemental Draft. He will be holding a workout Tuesday, July 10.

simms2clayton
07-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Call me nuts, but I think San Diego should spend a 2nd round pick on Gaither if he looks good in workouts.

Here is what I am thinking:

*The Chargers roster is absolutely loaded. We all saw they have no problem giving up a ton of picks just to move up to get Eric Weddle. A 2nd rounder isn't nearly as valueable to SD as to every other team in the NFL.

*Gaither has tremendous upside. And if he can become an excellent RT opposite McNeil, then San Diego might have the best OL in football. Think about LdT running behind that line. Absolutely sick.

*They'll prolly be picking anywhere from 58-64 in the 2nd next season. Not bad value for Gaither for them.

*They're prolly gonna draft an OT on Day One of the draft next year. Might as well take a gamble while you can afford to do so.

draftguru151
07-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Chargers taking him is fine, but 2nd round is too early. 4th round to San Diego makes sense, not 2nd round.

P-L
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, Gaither won't be drafted in the first three rounds, and probably not the 4th either. I'd say there is an 85% chance he is there for their 4th Round pick.

SuperKevin
07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
KFFL.com reports East Central OT Aaron Turner has become eligible for the supplemental draft. Big Deal as he is going undrafted anyway. he has some size though at 6'6" 350 lbs. Too bad he has no experience against solid competition going from JC to a very small school

SuperKevin
07-06-2007, 01:34 AM
The official list of players has been announced

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/supp_eligible.htm

Morgan State DT Robert Armstrong
Florida State DT Clifton Dickson
Maryland OT Jared Gaither
Central Missouri DB RoShawn Marshall
Connecticut DB Donta' Moore
Georgia DB Paul Oliver
Nebraska OT Chris Patrick
Utah State DT Brian Soi
East Central (Okla.) OT Aaron Turner
Texas State-San Marcos LB Mark Washington

myinnerself
07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Lots of reports have the Chargers really interested in Paul Oliver. We don't have a 3rd in next years draft, so will he be there in the 4th?

kmartin575
07-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Lots of reports have the Chargers really interested in Paul Oliver. We don't have a 3rd in next years draft, so will he be there in the 4th?

I doubt it. Not when the Chargers are just about at the bottom of the draft order.