PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl in Texas

Wootylicous
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=B4F2408B-E56F-5F4B-DAB3644206D02A55

The Dallas area, which will have a new stadium in 2009, will play host to Super Bowl XLV in February 2011, the NFL has announced.

Addict
05-22-2007, 01:29 PM
God that stadium is beautiful

bsaza2358
05-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Good for Dallas. I'm sure they'll do a great job hosting the game.

bigbluedefense
05-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Long overdue. They never hosted the SB before, even though they have the climate for it. This stadium pretty much guaranteed that theyd host it.

Staubach12
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
It's nice to see one finally in Dallas. It'll be great with the new stadium, and the climate is very nice that time of year.

Paul
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm excited about that's for sure. It will only be better if the home team was there to participate.

bsaza2358
05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
It's been a long time since a home team has participated in the Super Bowl. We cannot speculate about the odds of this happening now, of course.

ks_perfection
05-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Thats a long ways away. The Cowboys roster would be completely different by than.

Paul
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Thats a long ways away. The Cowboys roster would be completely different by than.

Well duh. I wasn't making any predictions, I just said it would be nice.

Mr. Stiller
05-23-2007, 09:36 AM
i still think it's crap that it's only in the south and in domes.

bored of education
05-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Better than being in Mexico, Canada, Europe, Africa, Pangea

Mr. Stiller
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Better than being in Mexico, Canada, Europe, Africa, Pangea

No but it would be fair if all 32 stadiums could host the big game, or atleast have the opportunity.

I think the winner of the superbowl should have the superbowl in their stadium the next year.

bored of education
05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
That is an interesting idea. So in other words it'll never be in Cleveland or Detroit(again).

Mr. Stiller
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
That is an interesting idea. So in other words it'll never be in Cleveland or Detroit(again).

...Detroit had one, But how about Pittsburgh, Foxboro, NY, I don't see why the southern/Dome teams should get all of the superbowls.

I mean, sure it's great for Dallas that they build a new stadium and get the superbowl deal, but it's BS that Pittsburgh just got Heinz field and at best it'll ever see is an AFC Championship match.

Paul
05-23-2007, 01:08 PM
It's all about climate. But I still want to see another SB at the Rose Bowl. I really like that stadium.

princefielder28
05-23-2007, 02:32 PM

That it is and Dallas is an absolutely wonderful city. I visited there last spring and it was unbelieveable

draftguru151
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
The SB is too much of a non football thing to have in the snow/cold. They want good weather. I think this was the first bad weather SB ever, not sure though.

awfullyquiet
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
The SB is too much of a non football thing to have in the snow/cold. They want good weather. I think this was the first bad weather SB ever, not sure though.

it was the first SB ever in inclement weather at miami.

although, i think it adds to the game. i'll stick to division championships to watch some wet weather (or snow, more likely. foxboro in the snow.)

Mr. Stiller
05-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Lambeau? The "Frozen Tundra".. I believe it was because the Superbowls were in the Green Bay field.

I don't think the weather should be considered because honestly, if you want a level playing field... it's never going to happen.

Like for example...

People would say "Not fair for Pittsburgh to have it because of the snow"... Why?
"Teams in bad climates (Green Bay, Pittsburgh, NE, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Cleveland) have the advantage.

but don't dome teams and southern teams have the "Temprature" advantage?

LonghornsLegend
05-27-2007, 03:22 AM
im glad for dallas...this is the biggest thing to ever come to our city probably ever, and the stadium is way ahead of its time...im making reservations right now, and i dont even need a hotel room...should be plenty going on that whole week in dallas/fort worth...

and as far as location, i dont think if the game is played in a warm climate area, thats an advantage to the team who plays in that climate, hell if its 70 degrees and clear weather thats advantage for both, it wouldnt make sense....

you mean to tell me pittsburgh or cleveland plays better in the snow then they would warm weather clear skies? i think they would want the nice surface just as well, especially when you think about how much goes on that week of the super bowl, taking into consideration the fans sitting at the game

neko4
05-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Lambeau? The "Frozen Tundra".. I believe it was because the Superbowls were in the Green Bay field.

I don't think the weather should be considered because honestly, if you want a level playing field... it's never going to happen.

Like for example...

People would say "Not fair for Pittsburgh to have it because of the snow"... Why?
"Teams in bad climates (Green Bay, Pittsburgh, NE, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Cleveland) have the advantage.

but don't dome teams and southern teams have the "Temprature" advantage?

The Super Bowl was never in Green bay. Pre-Super Bowl Championship games maybe but not SB

Xonraider
05-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Who keeps the profits of the stadium/ticket sales for the super bowl?

Mr. Stiller
05-27-2007, 10:14 AM
and as far as location, i dont think if the game is played in a warm climate area, thats an advantage to the team who plays in that climate, hell if its 70 degrees and clear weather thats advantage for both, it wouldnt make sense....

you mean to tell me pittsburgh or cleveland plays better in the snow then they would warm weather clear skies? i think they would want the nice surface just as well, especially when you think about how much goes on that week of the super bowl, taking into consideration the fans sitting at the game

Perhaps... but if say, the game is between Indianapolis and Chicago for instance, who has advantage of playing in a dome? Indy

On Grass?

Add in weather?

Chicago does.

One team has an advantage due to where it's played. Granted Chicago lost, would it have been the same difference in a dome?

I just think every team should be given a chance to host a superbowl. Every team has to get new fields after so long, how is it right that all the teams in the north have to pay for New fields that will never see the big game?

Why does teams in the south and Domes get that? It's a little unfair that Texas/Florida have hosted so many superbowls but not anyone from the north.

KILLERSANTA
05-27-2007, 10:49 AM

Only cost 1 billion dollors.....

cunningham06
05-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Whatever, Dallas's new stadium will never be as great as the incredible Rice stadium where the true Texas SB was hosted in 74. :)