PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLV in Dallas

Paul
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=B4F2408B-E56F-5F4B-DAB3644206D02A55

Yes Sir!

leroyisgod
05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
This is awesome...maybe we can even play in it.

FinChase
05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Nice! That really is going to be a beautiful stadium.

robert_in_bigd
05-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Great for Jerry but how does this help the Cowboys unless they play in the big dance?

LSUALUM99
05-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Great for Jerry but how does this help the Cowboys unless they play in the big dance?

Well, it can help indirectly through Free Agency.

1) More revenue for Jerry equals more money for signing bonuses
2) More attention to Facilities equals better perks for players which equals more reason to play for a team if other factors are equal or close to equal
3) More publicity for the team equals more opportunity for players to get air time which equals more reason to play for a team if other factors are equal or close to equal

And finally, using 'equal' or 'equals' 12 times in a post equals a better post.

sweetness34
05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
I got to see the construction site back in Decemeber/January of this year when I was in Arlington visiting my grandparents. That was pretty cool, although it was just a big pile of dirt with cranes around it.

I think it's an incredible stadium design but it's an indoor stadium, and that's a turn off for me. I'm an outdoor guy myself. Still though, it's definitely a site to see.

D-Fence
05-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Getting around North Arlington is a pain as it is...Collins and IH30 is the worst part of town for traffic and such...I really hope the city has MAJOR plans in the making to improve that situation in the near future. It'll be impossible to get to and from the stadium on Sundays unless those streets are taken care of...

jdnoyes
05-23-2007, 07:34 AM
I got to see the construction site back in Decemeber/January of this year when I was in Arlington visiting my grandparents. That was pretty cool, although it was just a big pile of dirt with cranes around it.

I think it's an incredible stadium design but it's an indoor stadium, and that's a turn off for me. I'm an outdoor guy myself. Still though, it's definitely a site to see.

Its a retractable roof, so wouldn't say its indoor. It'll still have the signature hole in the roof when its open air, which i'm guessing it'll be most of the time as Dallas isn't known for a lot of bad weather. The retractable roof was a must for the Super Bowl bid though, because the weather can get a bit nasty in Dallas in Feb.