PDA

View Full Version : Cows vs. Interrogators

RoyHall#1
05-22-2007, 03:00 PM
This is the first matchup from OSUGiants expansion franchise. We drafted 2 current NFL players to build our team around, with the rest of the draftees being players chosen in the 2007 NFL Draft.

All votes will be appreciated.

Iceland Interrogators

Offense

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Adrian Peterson
WR- Ted Ginn
WR- Anthony Gonzalez
WR- Jacoby Jones
FB- Roy Hall
TE- Greg Olsen
Washington Redskins O-line

My offense is stacked with the top QB in the NFL at the helm in Peyton Manning. He will be given plenty of time to throw behind a great offensive line in WAS. The rest of my offense is draftees, in which I have the undisputed top RB and TE to go along with arguably the #2 WR in the draft in Ted Ginn. Ginn Jr. will also be my KR/PR, having a Hester-like impact on special teams. Rounding out the offense are Ginn's fellow teammates Anthony Gonzalez (1st round pick) and Roy Hall, who is converted to FB in hopes that he will bulk up a little from his weight of 230. Manning can do whatever he wants with this offense. Ginn will undoubtedly draw attention deep leaving Gonzalez to run flawless routes with his 4.4/4.5 speed. If that's not open, Olsen or Jones surely will be. My offense is primarily passing, but when I run you can be sure to see some home runs with AD behind WAS oline.

Defense (3-4)

DE- Julius Peppers
NT- Louis Leonard
DE- Akaika Ilama-Francis
OLB-Paul Pozluzny
ILB- Brandon Siler
ILB- Desmond Bishop
OLB- Victor Abiamari
SS- John Wendling
FS- Marvin White
CB- Aaron Ross
CB- Eric Wright

My defense is obviously not as good as my offense, but it can get the job done. Led by Julius Peppers constantly getting pressure on the opposing team's QB, my defense will employ the bend but don't break philosophy. Holding other team's to FG's will suffice when my offense will be scoring in the 40's week after week. My D-line is decent after Peppers with Francis and an underrated NT in Leonard in the middle. My OLB's are the strength of my LB corps, with the middle being admittedly being a weakness compared to other teams. In the secondary my strength is at Corner, where Eric Wright will start across from another 1st round talent in Aaron Ross. Wendling and White round out the defense.

East Wyoming Cows Roster
Colors: Green and Gold
Stadium: The Piggy Bank
Logo:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/cowhelmet.jpg
Chant:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/cowbell2-1.jpg

Offense
QB- Tom Brady
RB- Antonio Pittman
FB- Leron McClain
TE- Zach Miller
WR-Dwayne Jarrett
WR- Steve Smith
WR- David Clowney
O-Line- Patriots

Don't forget the Tom Brady/Patriots O-line connection. No weakness except for 3rd WR.

Defense
LE- Jamaal Anderson
LT- Ryan McBean
RT- Amobi Okoye
RE- Tim Crowder
OLB- Stewart Bradley
MLB- Ray Lewis
OLB- Lawrence Timmons
LCB- Leon Hall
RCB- Marcus McCauley
FS- Michael Johnson
SS- Sabby Piscitelli

No weakness except for safety.

RoyHall#1
05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Let's see... I think I (interrogators) have him in all the offensive spots except for FB... although WR's are arguable (basically if you like OSU or USC more).

On defense I think Peppers wins me the d-line, Cows take the LB corps, and secondary is close but I think I have him in that too.

Obviously I am biased since I made the picks, but arguments are appreciated.

JK17
05-22-2007, 04:53 PM
RoyHall#1 has a clearcut better offense IMO, but i think Kalbears might havea slight defensive edge. The D Line is about even (Peppers makes a much better 4-3 DE, but still would be good) but his linebackers are a little better, Your secondaries are realtively even as well, with two good corners, and two average safeties.

In terms of matching up agasint each other, I like RoyHall#1, I feel he makes a little bit better of a matchup, but it is realtively close.

RoyHall#1
05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
RoyHall#1 has a clearcut better offense IMO, but i think Kalbears might havea slight defensive edge. The D Line is about even (Peppers makes a much better 4-3 DE, but still would be good) but his linebackers are a little better, Your secondaries are realtively even as well, with two good corners, and two average safeties.

In terms of matching up agasint each other, I like RoyHall#1, I feel he makes a little bit better of a matchup, but it is realtively close.

Can't disagree with any of that except the d-lines being almost even. I know Peppers is better in a 4-3 but he is a flat-out beast period and gives me the d-line win, IMO.

princefielder28
05-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Iceland got the nod from me

kalbears13
05-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Someone has rigged the voting...:P

RoyHall#1
05-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Someone has rigged the voting...:P

I tried my best... BTW, is the 13 on your name for Omar Vizquel? Because I idolize him, I have about 250 of his baseball cards.

kalbears13
05-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I tried my best... BTW, is the 13 on your name for Omar Vizquel? Because I idolize him, I have about 250 of his baseball cards.

yup. darn tootin'. Got an autographed picture. Autographed jersey (in person) and some other stuff.

RoyHall#1
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
yup. darn tootin'. Got an autographed picture. Autographed jersey (in person) and some other stuff.

Dang... I have 2 autographed pics, an autographed card and a piece of his jersey on a card... but nothing like an autographed jersey.

RoyHall#1
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
bump......

kalbears13
05-24-2007, 07:46 PM
This is close...hopefully we get more votes...

RoyHall#1
05-24-2007, 08:27 PM
This is close...hopefully we get more votes...

No offense... but I don't see how I am losing with that offense.

kalbears13
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
No offense... but I don't see how I am losing with that offense.

It's because I have a REAL fullback. Not a converted Wide Receiver.

kalbears13
05-24-2007, 09:32 PM
RoyHall#1, post this above my team...

Team: East Wyoming Cows
Colors: Green and Gold
Stadium: The Piggy Bank
Logo:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/cowhelmet.jpg
Chant:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/cowbell2-1.jpg[/

RoyHall#1
05-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Let's see... I think I (interrogators) have him in all the offensive spots except for FB... although WR's are arguable (basically if you like OSU or USC more).

On defense I think Peppers wins me the d-line, Cows take the LB corps, and secondary is close but I think I have him in that too.

Obviously I am biased since I made the picks, but arguments are appreciated.

I wish people would explain why they are picking who they pick, kalbears do you want to argue my assesment here?

kalbears13
05-25-2007, 07:32 PM
I wish people would explain why they are picking who they pick, kalbears do you want to argue my assesment here?

I think QB is even. 3rd WR I might have you. FB I have you. Oline I have you. You have Julius Peppers on your dline which makes it good, but I think my Dline is more solid all around with Anderson, Crowder and Okoye. You don't really have a lot of strength other than Peppers. I have a strong LB core. And our DBs could go either way.

And put the pictures of my helmet and chant up.

RoyHall#1
05-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I think QB is even. 3rd WR I might have you. FB I have you. Oline I have you. You have Julius Peppers on your dline which makes it good, but I think my Dline is more solid all around with Anderson, Crowder and Okoye. You don't really have a lot of strength other than Peppers. I have a strong LB core. And our DBs could go either way.

And put the pictures of my helmet and chant up.

They won't show up on my computer.

Anyways, I think Manning solidified himself as the best QB in the NFL with the super bowl win. NE's oline and WAS oline are close, but you do have the o-line connection although WAS is better. Who cares if your dline is a little more solid all the way around, I have Julius Peppers. You have me at LB and the secondary is very similar between us... so

QB- tie (ill give it to you)
RB- ME
WR corps- ME
TE- ME
FB- YOU (although Hall would be beastly anywhere)
O-line- tie (ehh, not in my opinion but ill give it a tie)

D-line- tie (you cant really argue this, I have Peppers)
LB- YOU
DB- tie

I know winning positional matchups doesn't automatically give me the best team, but it can't hurt. And I was generous on QB and D-line.

kalbears13
05-25-2007, 08:17 PM
They won't show up on my computer.

Just hit "reply to post" and copy and paste the img urls