PDA

View Full Version : Rookie starters

KCStud
05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Dwayne Bowe
Turk McBride
Tank Tyler
Justin Medlock

Also have 1 backup RB who should play a big role on the team. Not bad for this draft. I like what I have seen from them and hope they produce like our rookies last year.

757Dawg
05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
I see you have "KC will NOT draft a WR in the 1st round" in your sig.

Nice call.

KCStud
05-22-2007, 04:30 PM
I also had "KC will NOT draft a WR in round 1 unless it is Dwayne Bowe" as my sig before that one too because he was the only one we had talked to.
Considering that our big board had Justin Harrell and Aaron Ross as our first choices, yes I was considerably right..

Hermstheman83
05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Maybe this is just hype, and the assumption that the four starters you guys' stated would be as good as the hype suggests(never true, but there's always a chance for a recourse). Anyways, with those additions, and the decent off-season we had. Do you guys' think we'll have a better or worse record than we did last year?

Hermstheman83
05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Good call KC stud

Splat
05-22-2007, 08:11 PM
My favorite pick as of now is for sure Tank I think he was a steal in the 3rd round.

LitoSheppard
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe this is just hype, and the assumption that the four starters you guys' stated would be as good as the hype suggests(never true, but there's always a chance for a recourse). Anyways, with those additions, and the decent off-season we had. Do you guys' think we'll have a better or worse record than we did last year?

Worse- Top 10 pick possibly top 5

BPhilb
05-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Worse- Top 10 pick possibly top 5

I don't believe that. I don't foresee us having a top 5 pick team unless we just hit every bad break imaginable. Our schedule is actually managable for the first time in years, we also have on of the greatest home field advantages in the league which allows us to win games against more talented opponets. Everyone keeps talking about our negative such as the O-Line and QB positions, which are important, but we have a chance to have a steller D this season and still have one of the top 3 running backs in the game. It's far to early in the season to write this team off right now.

Hermstheman83
05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I am facinated by the broad spectrum of responses that allowed for. Some people say that we are better off than we were last year. I think so, we have young talent which equal the leaving talent(with the exception of Will Shields) I think the big question is encapsulated with Brodie Croyle. Albeit, we have no dept at cornerback, but overall, our defense is solid. We have an underrated offensive line(Damnion Mcintosh is a decent left tackle, much better than The Jordan Black Expressway) and Welbourn is moving back to a position in which he excells at. I don't see us making a push for the SB quite yet, but we are definately getting younger, faster, and will be much better. In Herm we Trust.

Ho0k Em'
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I am facinated by the broad spectrum of responses that allowed for. Some people say that we are better off than we were last year. I think so, we have young talent which equal the leaving talent(with the exception of Will Shields) I think the big question is encapsulated with Brodie Croyle. Albeit, we have no dept at cornerback, but overall, our defense is solid. We have an underrated offensive line(Damnion Mcintosh is a decent left tackle, much better than The Jordan Black Expressway) and Welbourn is moving back to a position in which he excells at. I don't see us making a push for the SB quite yet, but we are definately getting younger, faster, and will be much better. In Herm we Trust.

Are you talking about this year or just in the future? I think that this year is totally up in the air depending on QB play(which I don't forsee being very good). I think we'll be in the 7-9 area give or take a game.

Hermstheman83
05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Are you talking about this year or just in the future? I think that this year is totally up in the air depending on QB play(which I don't forsee being very good). I think we'll be in the 7-9 area give or take a game.

Well, Both. I mean, we are going to be a lot younger than we were in years prior to this one. But I think we'll still keep a steady record during this time. I think we have a good mix of vets/rooks right now.

Splat
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
We have a ? make at the most important position in football QB that is never a good thing...

BPhilb
05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
We have a ? make at the most important position in football QB that is never a good thing...

Very true, though with our system I don't know if a QB is quite as important as it is on other systems. I wouldn't be suprised if Croyle doesn't do well this season if we don't make a trade for Chad Pennington next year. Obviously a lot has to happen, but with New York grooming Clemens and Edwards relationship with Pennington I could see everything falling into that scenerio. I don't dislike Pennington, but his lack of arm strength is scary.

Hermstheman83
05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Very true, though with our system I don't know if a QB is quite as important as it is on other systems. I wouldn't be suprised if Croyle doesn't do well this season if we don't make a trade for Chad Pennington next year. Obviously a lot has to happen, but with New York grooming Clemens and Edwards relationship with Pennington I could see everything falling into that scenerio. I don't dislike Pennington, but his lack of arm strength is scary.

No way, if that's the case, then why did we even draft Croyle? Also, I think you can expect some growing pains from Brodie, even Joe Montana had them. This season is going to be exciting because of our new QB situation. Honestly though, I think Huard will start this year and they will slowly bring in Croyle. I don't see Edwards, who compares Brodie to Chad, trading for Pennington. They sound very similar, but Brodie has alot more arm strength. The more experienced Brodie comes, the better he will be, also, as our line improves, so will his efficiency.

Ho0k Em'
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
No way, if that's the case, then why did we even draft Croyle? Also, I think you can expect some growing pains from Brodie, even Joe Montana had them. This season is going to be exciting because of our new QB situation. Honestly though, I think Huard will start this year and they will slowly bring in Croyle. I don't see Edwards, who compares Brodie to Chad, trading for Pennington. They sound very similar, but Brodie has alot more arm strength. The more experienced Brodie comes, the better he will be, also, as our line improves, so will his efficiency.

He was a 3rd round pick. We drafted him because we thought he could be a good QB one day. If he doesn't turn out to be one than it was just a 3rd round pick that didn't pan out. No big deal, move on from there.

Hermstheman83
05-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Ok, but at what point do we say, "Allright Brodie, you suck, please leave the NFL". I mean, our Line is mediocore and although he's used to that from his days' at alabama, I say we give him at least two years to produce, build our offensive line back up to the days' of Willie(or at least make it better than it is now.). I mean, don't cut bait and run after one season......