PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas QB Mustain transferring to USC

Forzy
05-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Couldn't see a thread on it so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2878185

mqtirishfan
05-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Welcome to last month. :) (it's okay, ESPN is late as well) I can't wait to see Mustain vs. Jimmy Claussen.

Forzy
05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeh I figured it was already done, but now it's made public like this by ESPN it will be a topic of conversation again for a while no doubt.

YAYareaRB
05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
He might get some playing time.. when he's a senior.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
yah it seems like an awfully dumb move on his part.

reese
05-22-2007, 07:15 PM
he must kno somethin we dont...or else y would he go there

YAYareaRB
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Well if he's looking for a starting job next year, he'll have to battle with Marc Sanchez

soybean
05-22-2007, 07:27 PM
he must kno somethin we dont...or else y would he go there

maybe he's not afraid of competition. It sucks though i don't want him to take corp's spot or even mark sanchez for that matter. Corp is going to have to transfer.

reese
05-22-2007, 07:35 PM
well carroll must not have as much faith in those other guys for him to use a scholarship on mustain...cuz they only get a certain number a year

marks01234
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM
well carroll must not have as much faith in those other guys for him to use a scholarship on mustain...cuz they only get a certain number a year

Maybe he realizes that to much depth is a great problem to have. He is following the same rule with RBs.

Besides, what team wouldn't take Mustain? Kids a top talent who played very well as a freshman, after being a 5 star, top QB prospect.

reese
05-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Maybe he realizes that to much depth is a great problem to have. He is following the same rule with RBs.

Besides, what team wouldn't take Mustain? Kids a top talent who played very well as a freshman, after being a 5 star, top QB prospect.

well i kno he is a great recruiter but usin 15 of ur 85 scholarships on only 2 positions cant be good

marks01234
05-22-2007, 08:03 PM
well i kno he is a great recruiter but usin 15 of ur 85 scholarships on only 2 positions cant be good

Well, RBs can be easily moved to LB, S or CB.

It's not the other positions have a lack of talent either.

remix 6
05-22-2007, 08:03 PM
http://www.blackfriends.net/timeline.jpg

had to post it ":)

TouchdownUSC
05-22-2007, 10:46 PM
maybe he's not afraid of competition. It sucks though i don't want him to take corp's spot or even mark sanchez for that matter. Corp is going to have to transfer.

i dont think corp transfers. whos to say corp wont be out mustain either.

TigerBait45
05-23-2007, 12:50 AM
This is a pretty bad move on his part, I think. He was pretty underwhelming from what I saw of him at Arkansas. I don't expect him to play much in his career.

LonghornsLegend
05-27-2007, 03:06 AM
so lemme get this straight...he cant win the job outright at Arkansas, so he goes to USC where he has to win the job again over lots of talented qb's....granted if he starts his talent surrounding him is alot better then it would have been anywhere else, but if you transfer, id like to think it would be so you could be the starter wherever that was, he may never see the field

princefielder28
05-27-2007, 09:52 AM
so lemme get this straight...he cant win the job outright at Arkansas, so he goes to USC where he has to win the job again over lots of talented qb's....granted if he starts his talent surrounding him is alot better then it would have been anywhere else, but if you transfer, id like to think it would be so you could be the starter wherever that was, he may never see the field

USC develops their QBs very well and with Mustain's abilities he could be great there if given the oppurtunity. He will be a winner regardless if he's on the field and he'll be able to be a part of USC tradition.

mav91
05-27-2007, 12:11 PM
its an interesting move no doubt..if he wins out for the starting job he'll be set...and if not then it was a complete waste

LookItsAlDavis
05-27-2007, 12:24 PM
He should have transferred to Nebraska, like Keller. His abilities seem like they would be great in Callahan's offense.

TouchdownUSC
05-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Nebraska would have been a good fit for him. He could have maybe went to Oklahoma as well perhaps. Oh well, as an SC fan im not complaining because it just means more depth at QB and if anything , even if he doesnt end up starting im sure just by him being onboard will be healthy competition to make Mark Sanchez work even harder

elway777
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
No way he starts over Mark Sanchez. Mark knows the whole playbook, and from what I've heard Mitch has trouble learning new systems.

LookItsAlDavis
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
How would anyone know that? He's played under the same OC 5 years in a row.

sweetness34
05-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Mustain is a poontang.

Sniper
05-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't see Mustain beating out Sanchez, but that's just me. But then again Reggie Bush was a5 star and wasn't supposed to play much at first because of the other RBs they had and look how that turned out

Sniper
05-27-2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=SNIPER26;419366]I don't see Mustain beating out Sanchez, but that's just me. Sweetness, are you just saying that because Mustain is better than Juice?

Sniper
05-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't see Mustain beating out Sanchez, but that's just me. Sweetness, are you just saying that because Mustain is better than Juice?

Sniper
05-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Wow nice little triple post there. sorry

TouchdownUSC
05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
umm i never said mustain would start over sanchez, all i said is it will give sanchez some motivation to work even harder if he has competition. take er easy

Sniper
05-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I wasn't referring to your post. Just stating my opinion

etk
05-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I called this move months ago. Star QBs have major egos and they think they will be the starter wherever they go. If you were Mustain and you thought you could beat out any QB in the nation you would go to the best school that prepares you for the pros (USC).

mil_brew_fan
05-27-2007, 07:40 PM
It's too bad Mustain will never amount to anything anymore because he's run into a buzzsaw at USC with quarterbacks.

BlindSite
05-28-2007, 01:39 AM
He's got three years or something left after this one so he could feasibly start for two years after learning the system for another two.

I don't mind this move. I just wonder how it will affect McFadden's production.

Sniper
05-28-2007, 03:36 AM
I think Casey Dick can replicate 10 tds and 9 ints, but that's just me. McFadden will be fine.

giant73zuma
05-28-2007, 06:57 AM
mustain can even hold sanchez's jock strap he will never see the feild at sc

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=SNIPER26;419366]I don't see Mustain beating out Sanchez, but that's just me. Sweetness, are you just saying that because Mustain is better than Juice?

What the hell are you talking about? Mustain is a wuss. He can't handle competition and looks for a cop out. He bitches about playing time when the QB in front of him is playing better then he has his mom go to the coach and ***** to him. He's a poontang.

Oh and I'd take Juice over Mitch any day of the week.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Juice > Douchestain

thebow305
05-28-2007, 03:02 PM
This guy is probably the biggest idiot I have ever heard of. Why would he leave Arkansas when they are supposed to be one of the top teams Arkansas has ever had this year, as well as one of the top teams in the country. He would have a much better chance starting there then he will at USC, he might not start at USC for another 2 or possibly even 3 years, maybe NEVER. He won't play over Booty for sure this year, and Sanchez looks like the clear successor to Booty, almost beat Booty out for the job last year. Arkansas has two Doak Walker award possibilites at running back, as well as a Heisman candidate, and a reciever who has a chance of winning the Biletnikoff award in Marcus Monk. Monk would have been a late second, early 3rd round pick at worst had he entered the 2007 draft. Arkansas loses a couple offensive lineman, but they do return probably one of the top 3 center prospects next year in Jonathan Luigs (I think that's his name, don't hold me to it, I could be wrong.) He just seemed destined for success there and this decision to transfer to USC of all places has to go down right now as one of the dumber decisions in the last decade. Who knows, maybe he goes there and is the starter next year, but I HIGHLY doubt it. What a waste!

Sniper
05-28-2007, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=SNIPER26;419367]

What the hell are you talking about? Mustain is a wuss. He can't handle competition and looks for a cop out. He bitches about playing time when the QB in front of him is playing better then he has his mom go to the coach and ***** to him. He's a poontang.

Oh and I'd take Juice over Mitch any day of the week.

Calm down it was a joke

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=sweetness34;420777]

Calm down it was a joke

Your quotes are ****** up Sniper, haha.

Anywho, sarcasm and/or joking is very hard to detect over the internet unless you indicate it with a winky dude or a smiley dude.

Sniper
05-28-2007, 06:13 PM
My bad. I should have put it down. I will say this though. Mustain is much more accurate then Juice, but Juice will wind up being a very good qb IMO. Just gotta work on that accuracy

TouchdownUSC
05-28-2007, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=thebow305;420985]This guy is probably the biggest idiot I have ever heard of. Why would he leave Arkansas when they are supposed to be one of the top teams Arkansas has ever had this year, as well as one of the top teams in the country. QUOTE]

Maybe because USC passes the ball and he got tired of being in an offense that ran the ball most of the plays. I think it was smart of him to transfer if he wasnt going to be started at Arkansas, I dont know if he made the right move by choosing USC though. I wont complain though as a Trojan fan. I think he will start but it might be after Sanchez and maybe for just 1 year but im sure he will still get playing time and not only that but he will be groomed by some of the best coaches in the country. Not a bad deal in the long run but he will probably minimize his playing time as a starter

benchod
05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Its pretty well known that Nutt and Mustain didn't get along, in the other thread, a poster pretty much explains what happened.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=362002&postcount=46

Whether its actually right or not, I don't know, but it pretty much explains what happened.

MP123
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Why would Mustain transfer to USC when they already have John David Booty and Mark Sanchez?

TouchdownUSC
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Why would Mustain transfer to USC when they already have John David Booty and Mark Sanchez?

You forgot to add Aaron Corp to the list too.....

Brent
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm just glad he isn't in the Big 12, though I would have loved it if he came here (which was obviously never going to happen).

david81
06-01-2007, 06:49 AM

Booty isnt gonna be there when Mustain can play. So as of right now its Mitch vs Sanchez vs Corp. And to why he left Arkansas, I think he was treated too much like **** for his likin over there...