PDA

View Full Version : News

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-22-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/05/raiders-bing-williams220507.html

The first-year head coach gave permission to 2006 fourth-round pick Darnell Bing to move back to his natural position, strong safety.

Originally Posted by Rotoworld
Pat McQuistan is penciled in as the Raiders' starting left guard.

A third-round pick in 2006, McQuistan lost the job for a stint during his first season. Kevin Boothe and Cooper Carlisle are in the mix at right guard.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/21/dont-give-up-on-gallery-yet/
Robert Gallery has been a bust for the Oakland Raiders. And there really is no denying that. But this season could be the year that he turns it around. At least that is what Iowa's strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle believes. (http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2007/05/17/sports/sports01.txt) Doyle points out that Gallery will be playing for his third head coach this season, but his best football is probably still to come.

The News on Bing puzzles me.WIlliams is solid but not great.Who do we get to replace him?

Stash
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
We already have 2 stud LB's and Thomas/Williams fill the 3rd spot nicely. Bing didn't play at all last year and the LB's still played great so I wouldn't really worry about it.

TheChampIsHere
05-23-2007, 01:45 AM
We already have 2 stud LB's and Thomas/Williams fill the 3rd spot nicely. Bing didn't play at all last year and the LB's still played great so I wouldn't really worry about it.

yeah I think this is the way the Raiders are seeing it. Williams and Thomas at the 3rd LB spot aint bad, both played good last year. I do think we need to add some more depth at the positiion next year.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Williams still has durability concerns, and if he goes down we may be screwed. That said, it worked out last year and I think Bing could work out in the end at strong safety.

Regardless of where he move Howard, we are going to have a big need for an outside linebacker next offseason.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Williams and Thomas are solid but nothing solid.Im all in for getting Karlos Dansby.

SubNoize
05-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Robert Thomas is the darkhorse here, he's a former first rounder and had a very good season stepping in more and more towards the end of the season, he damn near posted more tackles as Williams on less than half the playing time... I think he compliments Howard and Morrison quite nicely, needless to say I agree, we need a LB soon.

Sharp21
05-24-2007, 07:05 PM
How much playing time do you think Bing will see? Im hoping we use him on running downs as a hybrid type and in the Quarter and what does this do to Framptons value as ive heard he is also a "hard hitter" type.

Interesting to see McQuistan already beat out a pretty solid veteran G. He must be improving because Boothe seemed much better than him last season.

bernbabybern820
05-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I don't know what games you guys were watching but Robert Thomas was a stud in the limited role he had last year(in run defense at least). The question marks for both players are injuries though.

Btw im going on vacation to San fran for a couple of days today!

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Interesting to see McQuistan already beat out a pretty solid veteran G. He must be improving because Boothe seemed much better than him last season.
What veteran G.

SubNoize
05-26-2007, 12:32 PM
McQuistan hasn't beat anybody out at guard yet, they havent even figured out the line, recently they've been running Sims at LT, Gallery at LG!!! Grove at C Carlisle at RG and McQuistan at RT...I always thought McQuistan fit better as a tackle, I like this move, i wouldn't mind this line even if Gallery sticks at LG, the money matches really, so were not overpaying unless he bombs it. What I really think they're doing is switching everyone all over the place so they know what the person next to them is doing, and know where they are supposed to be in relation. I love Cable so far and I think the line is going in the right direction.

Sharp21
05-26-2007, 03:22 PM
The veteran guard i was refering to was Carlisle whos played nearly 100 NFL games.
If McQuistan had been "penciled" in at LG to start the season like Rotoworld stated in the original post then he must be doing well. I like the idea of them rotating to understand their responsibilities and relation to other line men but i hope they can do a good job at the position they will ultimately be playing the most.