PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bulls

dabears10
05-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Saw some other threads doing this, liked the idea.

What do the Bulls do at #9?

Re-sign or drop:
Nocioni
Sweetney
Brown
Malik Allen
Andre Barrett
Andriuskevicius

Trades....

Go at it.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Saw some other threads doing this, liked the idea.

What do the Bulls do at #9?

Re-sign or drop:
Nocioni
Sweetney
Brown
Malik Allen
Andre Barrett
Andriuskevicius

Trades....

Go at it.

Nocioni is restricted so keep him 1 more year or trade him. Sweetney is also restricted so if he is offered something substantial let him walk. PJ Brown could be back for a smaller contract but I see him going to a team like San Antonio or Dallas. Malik Allen could be back for the min, Andre Barrett is gone, and Sidvicious might be worth the end of the bench because of his potential.

bearfan
05-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Besides Noc, I think the rest will be gone (unless PJ comes back). Maybe Allen, but thats as much as I can see. I also believe that Chris Duhon is a FA, or has 1 year left on his contract, so I am hoping that he gets traded away. Why you ask? Chris Duhon cant score. Yes he is a good defender, and finds the open man, but he takes way to many shots that he cant make.

Trades....
Zach Randolph..
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-070522smith,1,4650000,print.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

IMO that could be a player to look to trade for. Born in 81, so that makes him 27 years old. So good young guy that can score, the only problem is is that they say that he is "oft troubled". I think that could be taken care of.

Another one that is completly rediculous, more of a fantasy trade would be:
ATL Trades #1
Bulls Trade #9, next years draft pick, and a player like Duhon or someone
**but we all know that wont happen :(

I hope we dont trade for KG, I would rather have a guy who is young and will be good for many years, than a guy who is in his 30's that will only be good/around for the next few.

NYmoney
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't see the Bulls trading for Zach Randolph. This is the same Zach Randolph that threw toys out the top of his Hummer or Escalade when he was accused of illegal drug possession. Can we say "character issues?"

What is actually an outside chance is to trade the #9 for LaMarcus Aldridge. Nate may find him expendable with Oden coming to town. We'll see. Unquestionably, the inside presence is a prior.

I would have no problem with trading Hinirich and the #9 for an inside presence. Gasol?

bearfan
05-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I wouldnt trade Hinrich. Period. He is the only guard on our team that can score, pass well, and play defense in a combo like that. Ben Gordon can score, but makes mistakes passing at times, and isnt the best defender. Duhon cant score, but plays good defense and passes well. Noc had an off year, but he still sucked in the playoffs (injured).

Bearsfan123
05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Sign and Trade Noc
Release all but Marty A

dabears10
05-24-2007, 10:49 AM
I wouldnt trade Hinrich. Period. He is the only guard on our team that can score, pass well, and play defense in a combo like that. Ben Gordon can score, but makes mistakes passing at times, and isnt the best defender. Duhon cant score, but plays good defense and passes well. Noc had an off year, but he still sucked in the playoffs (injured).

But the rest of young players seem to be improving while Hinrich has yet to take that next step of leader we saw him being. I think Hinrich is becoming more and more expendable. I would not trade him with a pick to get a big man, because that is just way to much for anyone besides Amare.

Do the bulls take Character out of the question now, or make it a lesser importance because they are so close, say like we did with rodman. Detroit had a group of solid character guys and they got the "explodable" Rasheed Wallace and he has done very well there. I think that the Bulls need a big man this year or next, because the window is closing and we cannot sign everyone we have long term.

NYmoney
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
But the rest of young players seem to be improving while Hinrich has yet to take that next step of leader we saw him being. I think Hinrich is becoming more and more expendable. I would not trade him with a pick to get a big man, because that is just way to much for anyone besides Amare.

Do the bulls take Character out of the question now, or make it a lesser importance because they are so close, say like we did with rodman. Detroit had a group of solid character guys and they got the "explodable" Rasheed Wallace and he has done very well there. I think that the Bulls need a big man this year or next, because the window is closing and we cannot sign everyone we have long term.

why can't the bulls sign everyone to long term contracts? The team absolutely got a deal with Hinrich. Please explain.

dabears10
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
why can't the bulls sign everyone to long term contracts? The team absolutely got a deal with Hinrich. Please explain.

Through 2010 the bulls have Hinrich, Wallace, Thomas and Sefolosha signed.

Deng and Gordon are going to need BIG contracts since they are both 20+ point scorers and Deng is basically a double double. So having 4 guys with big money contracts and then Thomas and Sefolosha with sizable contracts themselves, it is hard to stay under the cap.

bearfan
05-24-2007, 01:58 PM

I agree with you. I think though right now he is still the leader, and we need him either to step up, or lead by example. And agree 1000% on the young guys, look at the steps Deng and Gordon have made each year. Sefolosha when I was watching him play against detriot, looked identical to Teyshaun Prince (just not as good yet). And Tyrus has made huge strides himself.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-24-2007, 02:07 PM
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO SAM SMITH AND HIS IDIOTIC TRADES.

He often proposes trades that don't match salary & are impossible.

Skiles & Paxson want no part of Randolph. No part.

Bulls won't be able to land KG or any superstar either. Because they won't have any contracts to match the salary. If this team was going to get a star like KG down low it would have to of happened last year when Paxson had PJ Brown's expiring.

Spencer Hawes with the 9th pick most likely or it will be traded for a solid post player like Collison etc.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

derza222
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
I think we end up going after Hawes or Collison at 9. I also think Noc is gone, but I don't know who we'd trade him to. A possibility I saw was Noc to Orlando for Darko, thoughts?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I think we end up going after Hawes or Collison at 9. I also think Noc is gone, but I don't know who we'd trade him to. A possibility I saw was Noc to Orlando for Darko, thoughts?

Not happening.

Darko wants $50m.

He is a scrub.

dabears10
05-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Maybe not -

I just heard Paxson is going after Z-Bo.

Nocioni s&t + PJ Brown + filler.

It would have to happen after the draft though.

Hopefully if that deal went down we could grab Julian Wright.

Kirk - Duhon - Thabo
Ben - Thabo - Duhon
Deng - Wright/#9 pick
Randolph - Tyrus
Big Ben - Randolph

That is a great team as long as Randolph doesn't go shooting at people during the season.

PJ would have to be a S&T as well. I'm thinking it would be #9 +Noc S&T would be the recipe.

derza222
05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Not happening.

Darko wants $50m.

He is a scrub.

Where did you see he wants that kind of money?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-24-2007, 08:08 PM
PJ would have to be a S&T as well. I'm thinking it would be #9 +Noc S&T would be the recipe.

Can't trade the pick & Nocioni at the same time.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Where did you see he wants that kind of money?

Read it before the season started and then at the all star break.

At first he wanted $60m.

Then during the all star break I heard he was going to be looking for about $50m lol.

No one is touching him for that.

NYmoney
05-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Read it before the season started and then at the all star break.

At first he wanted $60m.

Then during the all star break I heard he was going to be looking for about $50m lol.

No one is touching him for that.

you really don't know anything. first you say that you can't get trade for a high priced player: too bad there is such a thing as sign & trade.

then you say that darko wants 50m. where'd you get that from? no one is suggesting that he is going to get 10m a year, and that is what you're incinuating. ridiculous.

please stop posting.

NYmoney
05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Can't trade the pick & Nocioni at the same time.

why? what rule prevents that?

NYmoney
05-25-2007, 10:05 AM
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO SAM SMITH AND HIS IDIOTIC TRADES.

He often proposes trades that don't match salary & are impossible.

Skiles & Paxson want no part of Randolph. No part.

Bulls won't be able to land KG or any superstar either. Because they won't have any contracts to match the salary. If this team was going to get a star like KG down low it would have to of happened last year when Paxson had PJ Brown's expiring.

Spencer Hawes with the 9th pick most likely or it will be traded for a solid post player like Collison etc.

smith does often purpose idiotic trades, but he never offers a trade where the salaries don't work. you are again proving you know nothing about the nba.

plus, why couldn't you resign pj and trade him with others for KG. outside of the fact that it's a horrible trade for minny, you can still do it. please learn the nba rules before ever posting about the bulls again.

bearfan
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
KG to old
Randolph is worth a shot on. I read a NBA message board for the Bulls, and someone made a good point by pointing out the fact that Randolph would be surrounded by a high character group.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-25-2007, 01:55 PM
why? what rule prevents that?

Lol are you ******* serious dude? You're a dumb ****. Honestly.

Do you know anything about BYC players? Maybe you should google and do some reading and educate your dumb self.

Randolph makes $13+ million next year.

If Paxson resigns Nocioni at $8m starting salary, he will only be worth $4m as outgoing value.

How are you going to make up the other salary? Sign PJ Brown for $9m/yr? Good joke.

Nocioni cannot be SIGNED until JULY 15TH (AFTER THE DRAFT DUMB ****) .. Which means we don't get equal salary back.

So keep believing a trade can happen when in reality it's not possible.

Let me break this down for you since you think you know what you're talking about.

WE can Sign & Trade Nocioni with a 2008 or 2009 pick - NOT 2007.

But Paxson must match salary to bring in KG, Randolph, Amare, or whoever you think is possible.

Only 2 players on the Bulls make more than $5m next season Kirk who is BYC & Ben Wallace. Any matching of the salaries would gut the entire team since we know Paxson is not trading Kirk or Wallace.

Maybe you shouldn't talk **** to someone who actually knows how the CBA works.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-25-2007, 01:57 PM
smith does often purpose idiotic trades, but he never offers a trade where the salaries don't work. you are again proving you know nothing about the nba.

plus, why couldn't you resign pj and trade him with others for KG. outside of the fact that it's a horrible trade for minny, you can still do it. please learn the nba rules before ever posting about the bulls again.

I should learn the NBA rules?

Yet, you think we can trade the #9 pick & Nocioni..

Comical.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18037965&BRD=1698&PAG=461&dept_id=21848&rfi=6

"Keep a very close eye on Orlando forward/center Darko Milicic's situation this summer.
It might mirror Anderson Varejao's journey into free agency. Both will be restricted free agents this summer, and both will be rewarded handsomely.
A league source expects the 7-foot Milicic to command between $6 million and $10 million a season."

I can't find the exact link where his agent said he was looking for $50/$60m.

But either way you're a ****** and not worth my time.

derza222
05-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for posting the source there, I hadn't seen Darko wanted that kind of money otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned a possible trade. Whoever gives him that kind of money is making a big mistake.

bearfan
05-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Im reading all this stuff that the Bulls may want to go after this Collision guy. I wouldnt mind it, but I think its a very tiny bandaid for a big cut. I would trade Duhon and or Noc + someone for this guy, but I am reading (all over) that it would include the 9th ovrl draft pick.

I think Zach Randolph still, if we figure out the cap would be the best solution. He is young, and is coming into his own. And while he has some character issues, he is surrounded by a good group of guys.

I also (not a big NCAA fan) have been looking at a few mocks, and reading up on some guys. 3 guys I like a lot are:
Spencer Hawes
Conley (G from OSU)
Julian Wright

I think any of those guys would be a good addition also.

sweetness34
05-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Im reading all this stuff that the Bulls may want to go after this Collision guy. I wouldnt mind it, but I think its a very tiny bandaid for a big cut. I would trade Duhon and or Noc + someone for this guy, but I am reading (all over) that it would include the 9th ovrl draft pick.

I think Zach Randolph still, if we figure out the cap would be the best solution. He is young, and is coming into his own. And while he has some character issues, he is surrounded by a good group of guys.

I also (not a big NCAA fan) have been looking at a few mocks, and reading up on some guys. 3 guys I like a lot are:
Spencer Hawes
Conley (G from OSU)
Julian Wright

I think any of those guys would be a good addition also.

Conley is way too overhyped right now. He's basically TJ Ford.

Also, just because you surround a guy with good guys doesn't mean he'll change (see what happened with Tank Johnson).

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-25-2007, 06:40 PM
If Conley was the pick that would mean Gordon would be gone.

And Paxson has said the height in the backcourt is not ideal as it is. So why would we get smaller? Makes no sense.

That said if Noc is shipped out via s&t I would love Julian Wright.

Deng/Tyrus/Wright = nasty athletic.

sweetness34
05-25-2007, 07:45 PM
If Conley was the pick that would mean Gordon would be gone.

And Paxson has said the height in the backcourt is not ideal as it is. So why would we get smaller? Makes no sense.

That said if Noc is shipped out via s&t I would love Julian Wright.

Deng/Tyrus/Wright = nasty athletic.

Forgot to add Thabo who is also very athletic. My choices right now are Green, Hawes, and Wright. I'd be happy with any one of them.

sweetness34
05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Btw, NYmoney do you have any comeback to what BUST just said about the whole Noce situation? Because you pretty much just got torn to bits.

derza222
05-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I just don't get why we'd take Green or Wright. Both are kind of 3/4 types which is what Thomas is, with no potential of developing into a prototypical 4 but could develop into a 3. But if they do that, we have Deng entrentched at the 3 spot. Maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but that doesn't make much sense to me. If we take any player that's not a big man, it'd better be Brewer or Crittenton if he rises a bit.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I just don't get why we'd take Green or Wright. Both are kind of 3/4 types which is what Thomas is, with no potential of developing into a prototypical 4 but could develop into a 3. But if they do that, we have Deng entrentched at the 3 spot. Maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but that doesn't make much sense to me. If we take any player that's not a big man, it'd better be Brewer or Crittenton if he rises a bit.

Well, after Oden & Horford theres not really a great big that fits in well.

Hawes would be a nice fit, but a lot of people think he's soft.

Skiles & soft don't blend too well together lol.

Paxson is a smart smart man he will take the BPA and Wright might be that player.

This team desperately needs size though so he may be forced to take Hawes.

Any pick Paxson makes is going to be a good one though. I don't think anyone here will be questioning his draft choice.

EDIT: Also, the way this Bulls team is constructed is to play small. Wright could play the 4 in this system unlike Noc who can't but often played it. Wright is much longer and could handle the 4 in our system better than Noc could.

That would mean the end of Nocioni though. I wouldn't mind it at all. I think he's over rated, but love how he plays.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Btw, NYmoney do you have any comeback to what BUST just said about the whole Noce situation? Because you pretty much just got torn to bits.

No, he doesn't. And I didn't expect him to.

He might need to register a new user name and start over.The guy is an idiot & a complete embarassment for running his mouth like that.

Bearsfan123
05-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Im high on some second round guys right now. There are some good post players there, although i realize they are in the second round for a reason i think some bargains would be

Avis Wyatt-okay so not exactly a post dominator but he can develop some and become a very good blend of Sweetney's post prowess without the weight issues and has a better shot than Malik Allen.

Herbert Hill- A solid all around player who has potential. Needs some post refinement but would fit in with Skiles attitude.

Nick Fazekas- Has the height but not the athleticism. Hes a post player thru and thru tho and to his credit he played well against a highly athletic Memphis squad getting 20 and 7.

Other guys in rd 2 I like:

Reyshawn Terry- With this guy i dont think we will miss Noc so much. Is a bit of a streaky shooter but has alot of talent. Has some confidence issues.

Really those are the guys i like. Id like to get 2 of them. Preferably Wyatt and Terry but any of these guys would help make our bench better.

As to our first pick, im unsure now. I just dunno whos gonna be a good fit.

derza222
05-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, after Oden & Horford theres not really a great big that fits in well.

Hawes would be a nice fit, but a lot of people think he's soft.

Skiles & soft don't blend too well together lol.

Paxson is a smart smart man he will take the BPA and Wright might be that player.

This team desperately needs size though so he may be forced to take Hawes.

Any pick Paxson makes is going to be a good one though. I don't think anyone here will be questioning his draft choice.

EDIT: Also, the way this Bulls team is constructed is to play small. Wright could play the 4 in this system unlike Noc who can't but often played it. Wright is much longer and could handle the 4 in our system better than Noc could.

That would mean the end of Nocioni though. I wouldn't mind it at all. I think he's over rated, but love how he plays.

Only problem if he gets minutes at the 4 is those are minutes that TT isn't getting, and if he gets minutes at the 3 those are minutes Deng isn't getting. I know we have Noc swinging between the 3 and 4 right now, but I think TT is going to have increased PT and we actually won't need a guy to get that many minutes.

As for second rounders, I love Wyatt and I like Hill, two other guys that could be interesting are Demitris Nichols from Syracuse and DJ Strawberry out of Maryland.

Bearsfan123
05-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Noc is a RFA and i doubt we resign him unless hes gonna come cheap.

im gonna go read up on Nichols and Strawberry now

sweetness34
05-26-2007, 02:41 PM

With his foot injury, I think teams will be hesitant to give him big money. Noce will be back IMO.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-26-2007, 04:33 PM

I compare Strawberry to Larry Hughes, although DJ needs some more work on his improving jumper, although Hughes is no shooter to go crazy about.

derza222
05-27-2007, 09:43 AM
I compare Strawberry to Larry Hughes, although DJ needs some more work on his improving jumper, although Hughes is no shooter to go crazy about.

Supposedly DJ is working really hard on his jumper and his handle right now, with pretty good results. At least according to draftexpress, so you can take it FWIW.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Supposedly DJ is working really hard on his jumper and his handle right now, with pretty good results. At least according to draftexpress, so you can take it FWIW.

His handle is fine, and his jumper was much improved last year. He is bad 3 point shooter but has a good mid range game, and is great driving with is size and athleticism. He also is the best thieves in the draft, and could easily be top 10 in the league in steals his rookie year, it is amazing how he gets so many steals. I was pissed when he wasn't invited to the Orlando pre draft camp. But that just means some team will get him later or undrafted, and will get an even bigger steal. He has a great heart, and his Dad Darryl really has taught him not to follow his same mistakes.

derza222
05-27-2007, 11:32 PM
His handle is fine, and his jumper was much improved last year. He is bad 3 point shooter but has a good mid range game, and is great driving with is size and athleticism. He also is the best thieves in the draft, and could easily be top 10 in the league in steals his rookie year, it is amazing how he gets so many steals. I was pissed when he wasn't invited to the Orlando pre draft camp. But that just means some team will get him later or undrafted, and will get an even bigger steal. He has a great heart, and his Dad Darryl really has taught him not to follow his same mistakes.

Never said anything was wrong with his handle, I guess it's just something he's focusing on improving on. Again, just what I got off a website so take it FWIW. Supposedly his left hand was looking quite good. And there are plenty of guys who have made themselves into good shooters, if he stays in the gym and improves his jumper he could really make himself into a nice all-around offensive player. You just have to hope he doesn't get stuck between the 1 and 2 spots like Hughes was for awhile.

What players does everyone think will be gone by the start of the 08-09 season? I think we will have a fairly different team by then, hopefully a better one.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-28-2007, 07:03 PM
NYmoney still in a coma?

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Josh McRoberts to the bulls. Nice.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Josh McRoberts to the bulls. Nice.

lol if they wanna suck.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
lol if they wanna suck.

Care to explain to me how he " sucks"? In a way other than he played for Duke?

MP123
05-28-2007, 08:53 PM
The Bulls need a scoring bigman.

I don't follow the Bulls that closely, but why did they trade Aldridge for Thomas when Aldridge already has some polish to his game?

bearfan
05-28-2007, 09:20 PM

I don't follow the Bulls that closely, but why did they trade Aldridge for Thomas when Aldridge already has some polish to his game?

IMO Thomas has more potentail to be a superstar. I mean he had a pretty decent rookie year, his defense is good, and he can score. He just needs to progress

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 09:29 PM

He's soft and he's extremely inconsistent. The tools are there but he's just a *****.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 09:34 PM
IMO Thomas has more potentail to be a superstar. I mean he had a pretty decent rookie year, his defense is good, and he can score. He just needs to progress

Paxon felt like Tyrus was the best talent on the board, which is why he chose him. I guess Tyrus lit up the Berto Center with his workout, and it's easy to see why. He's very raw still but the tools are there. Just based on pure athleticism he was dominating at times. You'll see a vast improvement from this year to next year IMO. He's still 2 or 3 years away from being an impact player, but he's just go so much ability.

And yes, Thomas' potential surpasses LaMarcus'. As far as upside goes, Tyrus has the most out of that draft class followed closely by Rudy ***.

dabears10
05-28-2007, 10:03 PM

He has little to no athletic ability and his low post moves are basically non-existent. He rebounds like a little boy, and he plays inside like some one 50 pounds less than him. Oh and he's not big enough to play down low.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
He's soft and he's extremely inconsistent. The tools are there but he's just a *****.
He averaged 8 rebounds a game... How do you do that if you're soft? INCONSISTENT? That was one of the only things I liked about him.Sure, he didn't drop 20 every game, but he always excelled in some area that helped the team win He was on of the only big men in the country almost averaging a double double and a good number of assists too.
I wish he would go to the Bulls and I think he would help out greatly, but he may be a bit of a reach that high.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
He has little to no athletic ability and his low post moves are basically non-existent. He rebounds like a little boy, and he plays inside like some one 50 pounds less than him. Oh and he's not big enough to play down low.

HAHA, not athletic? Wow, you don't even watch college basketball , do you? I doubt that rebounding like a little boy will get ya 8 per game.

Come on sweetness, I know you don't like him too much, but you gotta agree with me here. he's 6"10 with great athletic ability for his size.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 10:08 PM

Um Josh is pretty darn athletic man. That's not his problem.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
HAHA, not athletic? Wow, you don't even watch college basketball , do you? I doubt that rebounding like a little boy will get ya 8 per game.

Come on sweetness, I know you don't like him too much, but you gotta agree with me here. he's 6"10 with great athletic ability for his size.

Coach K even called him soft.

He is downy soft. Theres no DENYING that.

With that said he will be a better NBA player than College player.

But stop over rating him.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Josh just sucks. He was/is way overhyped like Shavlik Randolph and a lot of other Duke players. He isn't strong, no shot, and drives like a sissy. Also if he had some basketball IQ, he wouldn't be gettin those cheap fouls and stupid passes he always seems to make.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Coach K even called him soft.

He is downy soft. Theres no DENYING that.

With that said he will be a better NBA player than College player.

But stop over rating him.

Coach K said he would like to see Josh be more aggressive, you're taking his words out of context somewhat.

Is this a sissy enough drive for ya?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE1I_zV94w&NR=1

Good point though.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Coach K said he would like to see Josh be more aggressive, you're taking his words out of context somewhat.

Is this a sissy enough drive for ya?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE1I_zV94w&NR=1

Good point though.

Because I used the phrase "sissy drive" in my statement.

Great rebuttal.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Because I used the phrase "sissy drive" in my statement.

Great rebuttal.

That was to the other guy.

Well.... there was about 20 strong drives on that video, granted it was a highlight video, but it still proves he takes it to the bucket strong. so yeah, that would make it a valid rebuttal.

bearfan
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Josh just sucks. He was/is way overhyped like Shavlik Randolph and a lot of other Duke players. He isn't strong, no shot, and drives like a sissy. Also if he had some basketball IQ, he wouldn't be gettin those cheap fouls and stupid passes he always seems to make.

haha, whoever made your sig followed my tut

dabears10
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
That was to the other guy.

Well.... there was about 20 strong drives on that video, granted it was a highlight video, but it still proves he takes it to the bucket strong. so yeah, that would make it a valid rebuttal.

There were about 5 or 6 he took strong the rest he beat his man off the dribble from about 18 out and no help defense was there.

TitleTown088
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Josh just sucks.
Yeah, I don't think your input needs to be paid attention too anymore. That's just a stupid statement with nothing to back it up. Ya, he sure sucks alright, you hit the nail on the head there.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I don't think your input needs to be paid attention too anymore. That's just a stupid statement with nothing to back it up. Ya, he sure sucks alright, you hit the nail on the head there.

TT, Josh is a talented player. He's athletic, runs the court well, has nice touch, and has some decent post moves but he's soft, and that's why I don't like his game much. It hasd nothing to do with him being from Duke, he's just overrated and he's not much of an NBA prospect to tell you the truth. I think he'll be a solid NBA player but nothing more than that.

Smokey Joe
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Spencer Hawes w/ the 9th pick would be muy bueno... Please no Noah.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Spencer Hawes w/ the 9th pick would be muy bueno... Please no Noah.

Si senor. I'd flip my lid if we got Noah.

ChiFan24
05-28-2007, 11:52 PM
No Noah...we don't need another Ben.

I'm hearing good things about Jason Smith. He sounds better than Hawes. If he begins to rise, I wouldn't mind him at #9.

Nick Collison works as well.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
No Noah...we don't need another Ben.

I'm hearing good things about Jason Smith. He sounds better than Hawes. If he begins to rise, I wouldn't mind him at #9.

Nick Collison works as well.

Smith at #9? No way man. Hawes is a better prospect than Smith. He's better with his back to the basket and Smith isn't near the post passer than Hawes is either. I watched both this season and I was much more impressed with Hawes.

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 12:19 AM
TT, Josh is a talented player. He's athletic, runs the court well, has nice touch, and has some decent post moves but he's soft, and that's why I don't like his game much. It hasd nothing to do with him being from Duke, he's just overrated and he's not much of an NBA prospect to tell you the truth. I think he'll be a solid NBA player but nothing more than that.

Uhhhh... That kid said "Josh sucks'. That's just preposterous.

If The Bulls draft Noah I'd **** a wall, not a brick, a wall.

sweetness34
05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Uhhhh... That kid said "Josh sucks'. That's just preposterous.

If The Bulls draft Noah I'd **** a wall, not a brick, a wall.

Yea Josh doesn't suck. He's overrated but he doesn't suck.

NYmoney
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Lol are you ******* serious dude? You're a dumb ****. Honestly.

Do you know anything about BYC players? Maybe you should google and do some reading and educate your dumb self.

Randolph makes $13+ million next year.

If Paxson resigns Nocioni at $8m starting salary, he will only be worth $4m as outgoing value.

How are you going to make up the other salary? Sign PJ Brown for $9m/yr? Good joke.

Nocioni cannot be SIGNED until JULY 15TH (AFTER THE DRAFT DUMB ****) .. Which means we don't get equal salary back.

So keep believing a trade can happen when in reality it's not possible.

Let me break this down for you since you think you know what you're talking about.

WE can Sign & Trade Nocioni with a 2008 or 2009 pick - NOT 2007.

But Paxson must match salary to bring in KG, Randolph, Amare, or whoever you think is possible.

Only 2 players on the Bulls make more than $5m next season Kirk who is BYC & Ben Wallace. Any matching of the salaries would gut the entire team since we know Paxson is not trading Kirk or Wallace.

Maybe you shouldn't talk **** to someone who actually knows how the CBA works.

you're a fool. you can have to match, with a 25% leeway in either direction. Therefore, with Randolph's 13.33mm contract, you only have to offer 10mm. so with noc, khyrapa, and duhon, the contracts match.

work on your math you fool.

NYmoney
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
He averaged 8 rebounds a game... How do you do that if you're soft? INCONSISTENT? That was one of the only things I liked about him.Sure, he didn't drop 20 every game, but he always excelled in some area that helped the team win He was on of the only big men in the country almost averaging a double double and a good number of assists too.
I wish he would go to the Bulls and I think he would help out greatly, but he may be a bit of a reach that high.

he's slotted to go at 20. If the bulls take mcroberts at 9, paxson should be shot. he could easily trade with a high teen or low 20's team (e.g. miami) and still get mcroberts.

mcroberts is undervalued right now because of the year he had. last year people had him going at 9 or 10 to seattle.

NYmoney
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM

some of us don't check this board every day. sorry kid.

NYmoney
05-29-2007, 01:38 PM
No, he doesn't. And I didn't expect him to.

He might need to register a new user name and start over.The guy is an idiot & a complete embarassment for running his mouth like that.

buster, you have exhibited little valid knowledge. please leave the forum for good.

NYmoney
05-29-2007, 02:11 PM

i do not believe that they type of polish aldridge possesses is the type of skill the bulls were looking for at that time. aldridge is not nearly the type of post player that peopler are acting like he is. he is much more of a okur type big man than a duncan type.

derza222
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I know there's a lot of talk of going with Hawes at the 9 spot, it seems to be the popular pick and I like it because we could use a center to stick next to TT in the future and a back to the basket game.

I have two questions. One is does anyone think it's possible we target a polished power forward this season, since that would improve our team more directly. There are no really polished centers and a guy like Horford would have more of an impact this year than Hawes, and could even start. If we're trying to win now as opposed to in the future, does it make more sense to go after a power forward as opposed to a center?

My other question is this, does anyone see Ben Gordon sticking with us after this contract expires? If not, do we deal him in a sign and trade after this coming season, or do we try and deal him this offseason?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
buster, you have exhibited little valid knowledge. please leave the forum for good.

Lol you insisted that Nocioni could be packaged with the 9th pick.

And then I had to set your ******** ass in place. You're ******* stupid and don't know what you're talking about.

If anyone needs to step away from the keyboard for a while - It's you.

Does anyone here honestly respect NYmoney's opinion or care what he has to say?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
you're a fool. you can have to match, with a 25% leeway in either direction. Therefore, with Randolph's 13.33mm contract, you only have to offer 10mm. so with noc, khyrapa, and duhon, the contracts match.

work on your math you fool.

Vik = 1
Duh = 3
Noc = 4

Maybe you should CHECK your math.

sweetness34
05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Vik = 1
Duh = 3
Noc = 4

Maybe you should CHECK your math.

Noce doesn't even earn 4 million, he earns around 3. So that's 7 million total, which doesn't even come close to 10 mil.

Need a link NYMoney? Here you go bud, enjoy:

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Noce doesn't even earn 4 million, he earns around 3. So that's 7 million total, which doesn't even come close to 10 mil.

Yup, I was assuming he gets signed for 8 per.

Since he's BYC it's only 4 mill as outgoing.

So either way NYmoney is a clown.

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 07:44 PM
he's slotted to go at 20. If the bulls take mcroberts at 9, paxson should be shot. he could easily trade with a high teen or low 20's team (e.g. miami) and still get mcroberts.

mcroberts is undervalued right now because of the year he had. last year people had him going at 9 or 10 to seattle.
Hmmmm... which is why I earlier stated that he would be a reach at 9?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Hmmmm... which is why I earlier stated that he would be a reach at 9?

Don't mind him. He's a clown.

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I guess I should expect that with all Bear fans.

NYmoney
05-30-2007, 09:49 AM

bust, i will now be ignoring all comments, as you have yet to prove yourself as a competent human being. a good 1/3 of everything you write is horribly misinformed or just dead wrong. good luck with life, and it's good to know that my taxes go to helping your people.

as for the bulls, Horford would be excellent as someone suggested, but there is little chance he slips down to the bulls. Boston, Milwaukee, and Charlotte (Sean May's injuries are preventing him from ever being a true force & Okafor is a 5 in this league) could all use that interior presence.

I would love to see Brewer, followed by a trade of gordon, noc, and duhon (implying the bulls drafting Teurean Green or Sean Singletary). However, Jordan has already said that he's in love with Brewer; so c'est la vie.

That leaves the Bulls with Hawes, who supposedly has the grit/work ethic seeked by the front office and Skiles. I only saw one UW game this year, and I cannot recall being blown away by Hawes.

NYmoney
05-30-2007, 09:53 AM

Noce: 4
Kry: 2 (1.928 to be exact)
Duh: 3.25

equals.....9.25. so ok, looks like you have to throw in Andriuskevicius's head for an extra mm and it all works. think he'll mind, he's screwed for life: the mm will take care of him. everyone wins.

sweetness34
05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Noce: 4
Kry: 2 (1.928 to be exact)
Duh: 3.25

equals.....9.25. so ok, looks like you have to throw in Andriuskevicius's head for an extra mm and it all works. think he'll mind, he's screwed for life: the mm will take care of him. everyone wins.

You cannot resign Noce before the draft, what don't you get about that? Therefore unless you hold the pick until July 15th, the trade doesn't happen.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
You cannot resign Noce before the draft, what don't you get about that? Therefore unless you hold the pick until July 15th, the trade doesn't happen.

I don't know why he keeps posting here.

No one likes him or respects what he has to say.

SFbear
05-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Trade Briggs for Kobe.

regoob2
05-30-2007, 06:24 PM
kobe said before he resigned with the lakers that he would like to play for either the clippers or the bulls. We need a scorer and im not a huge fan of any of our guards. we have to strongly consider trading for him.

bearfan
05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
kobe said before he resigned with the lakers that he would like to play for either the clippers or the bulls. We need a scorer and im not a huge fan of any of our guards. we have to strongly consider trading for him.

$$$$$$$$
What would that do monetarily for the rest of the team?

NYmoney
05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
$$$$$$$$
What would that do monetarily for the rest of the team?

big ben is making 15.5mm next year and kobe is due 19mm. That's how it wouldn't affect the Bulls monetarily. Now the year after, the difference in salaries is 6mm which is noticeable, but Kobe is well worth that 6mm difference.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
I actually agree with NYmoney ;)

Big Ben was a disaster last year.. He showed up for 1 series against Shaq and was not playing hard for most of the year. Not to mention he got destroyed by Sheed & Chris Webber in a huge series.

I would gladly pack his bags for him.

NYmoney - The trade will be hard to work out.. Almost certainly will need a 3rd team.

Kobe's salary is $19m - but he also has a $9.5m trade kicker. (from a signing bonus that wasn't fully paid and was spread out over a couple years.)

NYmoney
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM
i have been saved.

NYmoney
06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Is Luol Deng a poor man's Kevin Durrant? I think he might be.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-14-2007, 10:51 AM
l believe that Kobe said after he demanded his trade, that he had a change of heart and wanted to retire as a Laker.

Bearsfan123
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Bulls fans, i was bored so i came up with this idea. Tell me if possible its unlikely since it involves two trades but i can hope and have some fun. First trade BG, and next years 1st to Charlotte for Sean May and #8 overall. Then with the 8th overall select either Julian Wright (or whoever Golden State prefers) and trade that person to GS for Mickael Pietrus and 36. (probably throw in a contract like Khryhapa) With #9 we select Spencer Hawes. Then cuz Skiles doesnt like Duhon maybe pick up Sebastian Telfair or another FA PG.

DC:
PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG:Mickael Pietrus
PF: Tyrus Thomas
SF: Luol Deng
C: Ben Wallace

BPG:Telfair
BSG:Thabo Sefolosha
BSF:Thabo
BPF: Sean May
BC: Spencer Hawes

this is dependant on Noc not coming back.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Wasnt Telfair recently in trouble on gun charges?

Bearsfan123
06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Wasnt Telfair recently in trouble on gun charges?

i was just throwin his name out there cuz i knew at one point he was highly thought of and i know hes been released. I wasnt advertising for him per say, but for a FA pg.

sweetness34
06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Um no. I'd rather have BG than friggin Sean May. And I'd rather have BG than Pietrus.

NYmoney
06-18-2007, 10:08 AM
i was just throwin his name out there cuz i knew at one point he was highly thought of and i know hes been released. I wasnt advertising for him per say, but for a FA pg.

telfair was never actually released. ainge is now talking aobut keeping him. we just all thought that he was released because they took down his nameplate.

GB12
06-28-2007, 07:57 PM
All that talking about getting the 1st pick and Oden at the beginning of the season and all they end up with is Joakim Noah.

I'm loving it.

dabears10
06-28-2007, 10:10 PM
I feel like everyone in the east is getting better, and the Bulls are staying the same talent level. It is not a good feeling.

bearfan
06-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Worst Day Of My Life. Why Noah. Why

Bearsfan123
06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Pax failed us the fans. Plain and simple, unless he makes a trade, he failed the fans and the team something wretched.

sweetness34
06-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Pax failed us the fans. Plain and simple, unless he makes a trade, he failed the fans and the team something wretched.

You realize there is still F/A don't you? I wasn't the biggest fan of Noah either but it's not that bad of a pick. He's a Pax type of player and he fits the system.

Pax hasn't failed anyone.

TitleTown088
06-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow, just terrible. just terrible. I would have liked Wright much more. Probably picked the two most unNBA- like players in the draft, and then another chump that can only shoot threes. pitiful.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I didn't mind the pick.

This team desperately needed size & we got an athletic & quick 7 footer.

Hawes was the only player who could POTENTIALLY fix the low post scoring and even if he was that fix - It wasn't going to come for a few years. Ben Wallace's window of opportunity is not that large.

Paxson took the best player - If you guys were expecting the low post presence to be found with the #9 pick you were expecting too much.

Noah is going to be good IMO. The guy is goofy, but he's a winner and was the heart and soul of that Florida team.

Noah would have gone in the top 3 last year .. Pax may have taken him with the #2 overall pick.. We got Tyrus & Noah for freaking Eddy Chubby.. Be happy!

Paxson hasn't failed at anything.

The JamesOn Curry pick was awesome.. He's going to be a contributer down the road. Dude can flat out score.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-28-2007, 11:27 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/e0dcab19-1717-4d61-ac12-36883f21b7b8.jpg

:D

TitleTown088
06-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I didn't mind the pick.

This team desperately needed size & we got an athletic & quick 7 footer.

The JamesOn Curry pick was awesome.. He's going to be a contributer down the road. Dude can flat out score.

Did you just call Noah athletic? That's hilarious, watch that goofball play agian and tell me he's atheltic. He's so uncordinated he can't even tie his own shoes.

Curry is not going to flat out score when defenses learn all they need to do is guard him beyong the perimeter.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Noah is athletic for a 4/5 & 7 footer. He can run the floor, pass, rebound, bring high energy, shot block, and brings some size and length this team was missing.

Bearsfan123
06-29-2007, 12:23 AM
sorry although i really dont like the pick, its midnight, therefore it is the day after the draft. He is now a Bull in my eyes and they are my team, and all on it. Go Bulls, therefore go Noah.

Hurricane Ditka
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
He is the ugliest thing on the face of the Earth.

Bearsfan123
06-29-2007, 09:30 AM
He is the ugliest thing on the face of the Earth.

he may be ugly, but hes our ugly 7 fter who rebounds and plays D.

EDIT: remember we all can hope to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4 in his pro career

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Good job guys, keep trying to convince yourselves it was a good pick. Nuggets are still doing the same about Skitistsvilli.

Scar
06-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Definitely need to wait and see how these guys play before I get all worked up, but it was painful watching last night.
Noah, what a douchebag. I'm going to watch less games next year just so I don't have to look at Bozo the PF. I wonder where he found a 7 foot homeless guy to beat up and steal his suit and "tie."
Aaron Gray, I do like that pick at that spot. My only happy moment of the draft.
JamesOn Curry instead of Taurean Green? I think Pax was hitting the JAMESON. What the heck sort of name is JamesOn anyway? What JamesOn? JamesOn Weed? Shooting treys from county lockup?
Like I said, I'm waiting to see these clowns play before I make any judgements, but let's just say the optimism balloon deflated pretty bad last night.

NYmoney
06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
I love the pick. Noah is vastly underrated by everyone. Last year we were going to take him at #2, if he declared. Instead, this year he falls to 9, and we are able to grab him. This is awesome. he's going to be yet another great pro who hustles, plays great defense, and most importantly: wins.

As for Aaron Gray, I've see the fella play, and he is unbelievably athletically challenged.

JamesOn will be just another JR Smith.

TitleTown088
06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Noah is athletic for a 4/5 & 7 footer.
No he's not. Just no.

NYmoney
06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
No he's not. Just no.

How do you claim he's not athletic? Really. Plus, he lists himself as 6'11" because he didn't want people to know he's 7 feet. why? he considers 7 footers to be goofy. lol. he's the best.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-29-2007, 04:26 PM
How do you claim he's not athletic? Really. Plus, he lists himself as 6'11" because he didn't want people to know he's 7 feet. why? he considers 7 footers to be goofy. lol. he's the best.

Yeah Noah would never want people to think he's goofy.
http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/draft.fashion/images/Noah.jpg

TitleTown088
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM

Why would I consider him unathletic? Have you ever watches his limbs flail about as if he has no control over them? Noah is not the best. Noah is a dickwad.

sweetness34
06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Good job guys, keep trying to convince yourselves it was a good pick. Nuggets are still doing the same about Skitistsvilli.

And keep convincing yourself Atlanta had a great draft GS, good job. Drafting Horford and Williams 2 years in a row shows how brilliant that ownership is. Oh and good luck with Law, he's not going to be NBA ready for a couple more years at the PG slot.

Oh and btw, Noah is very athletic for his size. He's not TT athletic, but he can hold his own. Go and watch his behind the back dunk or his ability to dribble the ball on a fast break and finish. The man is athletic, as it was one of his strengths. But don't let the facts get in your way.

And Scar, your argument that you're going to watch "les games" because of Noah is pathetic. I don't want you as a Bulls fan if you're going to say that garbage. I wasn't the biggest fan of the pick either, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching the Bulls.

Taurean Green is 6-0, so you want another undersized PG to go along with the guys we have now? Curry blew the doors off the Berto Center when he was there and Paxon said that he is going to make a lot of people feel stupid for passing on him, so obviously this kid has some talent.

Paxon has done very well so far, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

sweetness34
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Why would I consider him unathletic? Have you ever watches his limbs flail about as if he has no control over them? Noah is not the best. Noah is a dickwad.

And who would you rather have had at #9? Josh McRoberts?

Hawes - One dimensional and slow. Doesn't fit our team.

Law - Yea ok, if you want a PG who isn't NBA read and needs time to learn the position

Wright - SF/PF tweener with no shot. Where would he play? That and he didn't want to come to Chicago.

Thornton - 24 years old, log jam at SF, and is not NBA ready yet. Doesn't pass much either.

T. Young - Way too high at #9, needs a ton of work. Not NBA ready at all. Another log jam at SF.

N. Young - Too inconsistent to take him at #9 and Thabo is our future at the 2.

I'm awaiting the other options we had here (and trading down is not one, Pax tried to and couldn't).

derza222
06-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree, there really wasn't a much better direction to go in. Noah certainly isn't going to make this team any worse, as long as he doesn't take any PT away from TT, doesn't dance at all, and stays focused on winning basketball games, I'm cool with the pick.

TitleTown088
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
And who would you rather have had at #9? Josh McRoberts?

Hawes - One dimensional and slow. Doesn't fit our team.

Law - Yea ok, if you want a PG who isn't NBA read and needs time to learn the position

Wright - SF/PF tweener with no shot. Where would he play? That and he didn't want to come to Chicago.

Thornton - 24 years old, log jam at SF, and is not NBA ready yet. Doesn't pass much either.

T. Young - Way too high at #9, needs a ton of work. Not NBA ready at all. Another log jam at SF.

N. Young - Too inconsistent to take him at #9 and Thabo is our future at the 2.

I'm awaiting the other options we had here (and trading down is not one, Pax tried to and couldn't).
Why bring Josh into it just because i'm a Duke fan?

The Bulls already have a defensive big man who can't put the rock in the bucket. Why did they need another? Wright was the right selection here. I don't care if he's not a true PF, the kid can ball. He would have been perfect for the transitional game, and a nice player to have on the offensive side on the ball. His upside is ten fold that on Noahs. Stop trying to convince yourself Noah was a good pick dude, he's terrible.Not to mentionhe's a Dbag too.

BTW saying Noah is athletic is laughable.

Smokey Joe
06-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Wright would have just been as bad of a pick as Noah. You may or may not have forgotten that Loul Deng is our SF. And Wright isn't a PF. If we want a SF to play PF, we could just stick Noc into there.

The right pick would have been Spencer Hawes.

sweetness34
06-30-2007, 05:08 PM

The Bulls already have a defensive big man who can't put the rock in the bucket. Why did they need another? Wright was the right selection here. I don't care if he's not a true PF, the kid can ball. He would have been perfect for the transitional game, and a nice player to have on the offensive side on the ball. His upside is ten fold that on Noahs. Stop trying to convince yourself Noah was a good pick dude, he's terrible.Not to mentionhe's a Dbag too.

Did you not read why the hell I just wrote TT? Julian Wright publically stated he did not want to play for the Bulls and we actually had to force him into working out for us. Thank you, come again. Next...Got any more bright ideas?

Go read his scouting reports and come back to me. Noah is athletic. Here I'll help you out...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/joakimnoah.html (not the greatest site but it's accurate on Noah)

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=589

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/story/nba_draft_profile_joakim_noah40660

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=18958&draftyear=2007

All those say he is athletic, man TT you're striking out today. Like I said earlier, Noah wasn't my first choice, but he's not a bad pick.

sweetness34
06-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Wright would have just been as bad of a pick as Noah. You may or may not have forgotten that Loul Deng is our SF. And Wright isn't a PF. If we want a SF to play PF, we could just stick Noc into there.

The right pick would have been Spencer Hawes.

That's who I would've picked but he doesn't play defense, he's soft, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, and he's bad at getting up and down the court.

He does not fit what our team is built on. Speed, athleticism, defense, rebounding, energy, shotblocking, and winning.

GB12
06-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Just stopped by to say

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/noah-machine.gif

awfullyquiet
06-30-2007, 07:07 PM
noah's got a good attitude.

passion. push. power. pride. oh. and a bit of presence.
i'm particuarly partial to PF's who's go the p's.

then again. i know absolutely nothing about basketball.

dabears10
06-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I think with this situation I would have liked to maybe get Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton and move Gordon and one of the FA in a sign and trade and had a gotten a big man in a trade.

I am not a Fan of Noah, although I would have rather Hawes I don't think he would be a solvent but in 15 mins a game i think he could be a nice little post up player when the bulls go on their patented 5 min scoreless streaks.

NYmoney
06-30-2007, 11:16 PM

Noah is athletic. I can't wait till you see him and TT dominating the post defensively. Noah for President. Seriously, with this pick, the Bulls are now in the Eastern Finals. Well done Pax.

NYmoney
06-30-2007, 11:22 PM
I think with this situation I would have liked to maybe get Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton and move Gordon and one of the FA in a sign and trade and had a gotten a big man in a trade.

I am not a Fan of Noah, although I would have rather Hawes I don't think he would be a solvent but in 15 mins a game i think he could be a nice little post up player when the bulls go on their patented 5 min scoreless streaks.

Those 5 minute streaks consisted of a developing luol. He'll take care of that. Look at this lineup now:

C: Ben Wallace--say what you want: he's still a top defender in the league
PF: Noah--athletic, great rebounder, and a solid passer on the offensive end
SF: Luol: All-star this year
SG: Ben/Thabo: offense/defense when called upon
PG: Kirk: the captain of the team (personally, I don't like him, but everyone in the bulls organization loves him)

Bench: Aaron Gray who is a decent back to basket scorer
TT--still not even old enough to bust open a bottle of Moet
Duhon--please never shoot the ball again
Griffin--veteran presence
Krapa--see name.

Hello Eastern Finals--Goodbye lack of interior size.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I would have liekd to maybe get Acie Law or Javaris Cirttenton and move Gordon and one of the FA in a sign and trade and had gotten a big man in a trade.

Great logic.. But which big man? None were available that are worth Gordon. Pax inquired about Gasol, Camby, Collison, but the asking price was way too steep.

As for the Julian Wright issue.. He asked the Bulls not to take him, because of the potential distractions.. He wasn't a perfect fit anyway. But I don't blame the kid one bit. He would be under an unbelievable amount of pressure playing for the hometown team & there would also be a ton of distractions. Smart move for him & I think he's going to be a stud in the NBA. Philly dropped the ball by passing on him and taking Thad Young.

And Title town you should be beaten with a stick for saying Noah is not athletic. I am dumbfounded by your ignorance. Are you a Bulls fan or are you just trolling?

Is Tyrus Thomas athletic in your eyes? (I would hope so?)

Hope you find these stats interesting:

Joakim Noah
Height - 7'0
Wingspan - 7' 1.25"
Stand Reach - 8' 10.5"
Vert - 37.5
No step Vert - 33.5
3/4 court spring - 3.47
Lane Agility - 11.47

Tyrus Thomas
Height - 6' 7.25"
Wingspan - 7' 3"
Stand Reach - 9' 0"
Vert - 39.5
No step vert - 34
3/4 court sprint - 3.20
Lane Agility - 11.36

Great rebuttal, bro.

sweetness34
07-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Well Tyrus is in another league athletically than Joakim, but Noah is athletic. Tyrus is just a freak of nature that can just flat out get up.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Did you not read why the hell I just wrote TT? Julian Wright publically stated he did not want to play for the Bulls and we actually had to force him into working out for us. Thank you, come again. Next...Got any more bright ideas?

Go read his scouting reports and come back to me. Noah is athletic. Here I'll help you out...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/joakimnoah.html (not the greatest site but it's accurate on Noah)

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=589

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/story/nba_draft_profile_joakim_noah40660

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=18958&draftyear=2007

All those say he is athletic, man TT you're striking out today. Like I said earlier, Noah wasn't my first choice, but he's not a bad pick.

You can't let players dictate where they go in the draft. If they showed him millions of dollers he would not have said no... come on.

You need some freaking internet sites to convince you Noah is atheltic? Helllllooooooo McFly!! Watch the goober run down the damn court. Joakim Noah athletic? That's just asinine mon frair.

VoteLynnSwan
07-02-2007, 01:31 AM
the fact is that Noah does not and will not help this team score points... that was the Bulls' biggest problem. They needed someone with some size who could score. Noah is not that.

I still don't believe that this team even with another year of experience can beat the Pistons, and even if they do, this team still has no shot at beating any of the top teams in the west.

Bearsfan123
07-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Since we are losing a hefty part of our bench (to FA), could we go fishing in D-League for a guy to come off the bench?

Elton Brown is a 6-9 guy whos still pretty young. He could replace Sweetneys 2-4 min a game and its not like he could do any worse. mind you i never watched him, so im gonna go over to NBA.com and see if i can find any clips.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Since we are losing a hefty part of our bench (to FA), could we go fishing in D-League for a guy to come off the bench?

Elton Brown is a 6-9 guy whos still pretty young. He could replace Sweetneys 2-4 min a game and its not like he could do any worse. mind you i never watched him, so im gonna go over to NBA.com and see if i can find any clips.

I've followed Elton since his UVA days, and it's funny you mention him as a replacement to Sweetney because he basically is the same player as Sweetney, well alteast before he got up to 500 pounds, funny factoid though is that he is first cousins with Elton Brown of the Arizona Cardinals and they both went to UVA and got drafted or in NBA versions life entered the drafts in the same year. He used to be 300 pounds in high school so you could have mistaken him for the football version.

Bearsfan123
07-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I've followed Elton since his UVA days, and it's funny you mention him as a replacement to Sweetney because he basically is the same player as Sweetney, well alteast before he got up to 500 pounds, funny factoid though is that he is first cousins with Elton Brown of the Arizona Cardinals and they both went to UVA and got drafted or in NBA versions life entered the drafts in the same year. He used to be 300 pounds in high school so you could have mistaken him for the football version.

so do you recommend him?

whats his game like?

please, i couldnt find any clips of him, so tell me what ya know.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2007, 10:49 AM
He does deserve his shot in the NBA, and at the pricetag he would come at it would be well worth it. He is still young and is tough around the basket. He rebounds well using his body and has a nice low post repertoire. Question on his though is that he is a little undersized and not very athletic. While in the D-league he is dominating like 30 points 12 boards a night it is yet to be sign how productive he can be in a league with longer more athletic guys defending him. But he is definitely worth a shot. Another D-league big to look at is James Lang.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 12:26 PM
the fact is that Noah does not and will not help this team score points... that was the Bulls' biggest problem. They needed someone with some size who could score. Noah is not that.

I still don't believe that this team even with another year of experience can beat the Pistons, and even if they do, this team still has no shot at beating any of the top teams in the west.

Precisely. Big Ben already gives them a dominant defensive player, they needed a big man who could consistanly score from the block.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
You can't let players dictate where they go in the draft. If they showed him millions of dollers he would not have said no... come on.

You need some freaking internet sites to convince you Noah is atheltic? Helllllooooooo McFly!! Watch the goober run down the damn court. Joakim Noah athletic? That's just asinine mon frair.

Noah is athletic!!! How many times do we need to reiterate this? Read any report on him, and they always talk about his athleticism. enough. move on.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Precisely. Big Ben already gives them a dominant defensive player, they needed a big man who could consistanly score from the block.

i believe pax thinks that garnett and/or kobe will be available this year. so ben's contract is going to be used to match up the salaries. we're golden. i'm telling you all: this team is in AMAZING shape. no bad contracts (i don't care what you say about Ben--he's helped out the team a ton on the defensive end), wonderful young talent, and to boot we're in the weaker conference.

ccB
07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Spencer Hawes shoulda been the pick, hes not super athletic and he doesnt play great d you guys are right, But the thing he does do well (better than anyone in this draft) is score in the low post which is what you guys really needed, you didnt need another PF whose best quality is his energy, you already had that with TT.

derza222
07-02-2007, 12:54 PM

The thing is, we weren't going to be able to get a consistent low post threat with the ninth pick. It's not like Hawes doesn't have question marks, and the thing is we would have had to wait a few years for him to contribute, not like he's going to step in right away and score on the block for us. I wasn't that excited when we took Noah myself, but the way I see it outside of a trade down that was the best thing we could have done (and it seems a trade down was not possible). By the time Hawes is contributing, Big Ben is no longer the defensive player he once was and we'd have a need for a low post defender. Although Noah may never be much more than a role player, he'll contribute earlier than Hawes would have. At this point we're a team that's trying to win now while not risking the future of this team to do so, and Noah fits the bill for that pick more than Hawes did IMO. Best case scenario is that Noah gives Wallace some breathers here and there for the next couple of years and takes over his spot once he starts to slow down. In the meantime I'd imagine we'll try and find a power forward that can score consistently, perhaps getting rid of Gordon in the process while he's highly valued because as much as he can score he's a huge defensive liability.

ccB
07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Noah is athletic!!! How many times do we need to reiterate this? Read any report on him, and they always talk about his athleticism. enough. move on.

Read any report eh? Why not watch game tape instead? If your living on what draft analysis say and not what you see yourself than you have no real opinion. I mean any loser who can read can recite what draft sites say. Noah is not that athletic for a big men, athletic big men are the Amare Stoudemires, Tyrus Thomas', Josh Smith's, and Dwight Howard's. Joakim is far from that category hes a stiff compared to those guys.

Bearsfan123
07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Read any report eh? Why not watch game tape instead? If your living on what draft analysis say and not what you see yourself than you have no real opinion. I mean any loser who can read can recite what draft sites say. Noah is not that athletic for a big men, athletic big men are the Amare Stoudemires, Tyrus Thomas', Josh Smith's, and Dwight Howard's. Joakim is far from that category hes a stiff compared to those guys.

You are partially right, Noah isnt nearly as athletic as those guys. But hes not a stiff, and he is not unathletic either. Aaron Gray isnt athletic. Mike Sweetney-unathletic. Joakim Noah-athletic. Hes not a fantastic athlete but hes solid.

And im sorry but saying that listening to multiple ppl that watch and gauge NBA players for a living is having no opinion is just plain dumb. If what others say reinforce something you yourself have already seen, its an agreement of opinion. They know what they are talking about, and while you may have watched alot of Noah's games, im betting theyve watched many more. It would be different if these specialists had different opinions but when all or at least 80% say one thing, it more than likely is true. Your just angry that our argument has credibility while yours is just a few peoples (who dont scout for a living) opinions.

ccB
07-02-2007, 01:16 PM
You are partially right, Noah isnt nearly as athletic as those guys. But hes not a stiff, and he is not unathletic either. Aaron Gray isnt athletic. Mike Sweetney-unathletic. Joakim Noah-athletic. Hes not a fantastic athlete but hes solid.

And im sorry but saying that listening to multiple ppl that watch and gauge NBA players for a living is having no opinion is just plain dumb. If what others say reinforce something you yourself have already seen, its an agreement of opinion. They know what they are talking about, and while you may have watched alot of Noah's games, im betting theyve watched many more. It would be different if these specialists had different opinions but when all or at least 80% say one thing, it more than likely is true. Your just angry that our argument has credibility while yours is just a few peoples (who dont scout for a living) opinions.

I am not angry about your opinions, infact I dont even know who you are or what your opinion on the situation was, I just read one post talking about how Joakim is gonna come in and make your team championship material which is laughable, I read another post saying it was the best pick for your team blah blah blah, which is also laughable.

ccB
07-02-2007, 01:25 PM

This my friends is a man who speaks truth. Both of these points are 100% valid. The Bulls came into the draft with one glaring weakness, no one to score easy buckets. They chose to pass the player who has the best set of post skills in the draft for a player who will do the same things Tyrus Thomas will do.

Another valid point, this pick does not make the Bulls better at all. They will be the same team they were last year. The only difference is Noah will eat into Tyrus' minutes, which will impede Ty's growth as a player.

Unless the Bulls make a trade and recieve an all star in the post this offseason neither helped nor hurt them. Overall it would be a better offseason than last years where they overpaid Ben Wallace who is a shell of his former self.

derza222
07-02-2007, 01:43 PM
There was no perfect selection by any stretch of the imagination, so you can say Hawes would have been a better pick, and maybe he would have, but it's not nearly as cut and dry as people make it out to be.

The problems with the Hawes pick is that he doesn't fit the style of the team, and he's not going to be contributing while guys like Wallace are in their prime. Yes he will provide post scoring, but I'm not sure what else he will do and I'm not sure how soon he'll be doing it.

The Noah pick certainly was not a great one by any stretch of the imagination. Ideally the pick should have been traded for a veteran big, but obviously that couldn't happen. Maybe Noah is packaged in a deal down the road, who knows?

Maybe it was a better pick, maybe it turns out to be a worse one, but right now the way I look at it is that both picks have severe downsides to them. Hawes may only end up scoring, could take awhile, and may not develop at all. Noah is not a post scorer at all, and brings what the team already has. Honestly, I wouldn't have been content with either selection. So I guess I'm not all that disappointed with the Noah pick because he has those few pluses and I would have been disappointed with Hawes in some ways too.

sweetness34
07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Spencer Hawes shoulda been the pick, hes not super athletic and he doesnt play great d you guys are right, But the thing he does do well (better than anyone in this draft) is score in the low post which is what you guys really needed, you didnt need another PF whose best quality is his energy, you already had that with TT.

Yea but how long is it going to take for Hawes to contribute? He needs to get stronger, much stronger. It could end up being 2-3 years down the road before Spencer is ready to go.

Again, you people realize that there is F/A and sign and trades to go right? We just added another young piece to the core which makes it easier to work up deals. All is not lost yet just because we didn't get a low post guy in the draft.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Noah selection but I don't hate it either. We didn't have a lot of options at the #9 slot. Oh and TT, Joakim is athletic. Just give up, you can't and aren't going to win this argument. Ask Ghetto if he's athletic and he'll tell you yes no matter how much he hates the guy.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Has there ever been an argument that he's not athletic? Yes he is very athletic for his size, more athletic than many his size but at the same time he's not a freak athlete, in that his athleticism elevates him above others. Again he is a decent energy guy but you don't want him starting for long stretches. He gets put backs/hustle points and gets his hands on balls something that seems to interest him a lot, but he will not post up and score, he is weak right now, and he is not a good rebounder. I'm just saying it reminds me of the Shelden Williams case, you are picking high on a guy you know will be a role player for you for 10+ years, but common knowledge is that if you are picking in the lottery you don't go for role players, you try to go for guys you think will be great, Noah will never be great, but he has a chance to be good to okay to bad.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM

First of all, I watched numerous Florida games this year. Secondly, I'm not going to reference my opinion because that is not how an argument is formed. you must reference a outside source. So that is why I bring up all the other reports.

The guys you are talking about are ATHLETIC FREAKS. they are not athletic. They are in their own stratosphere. big difference. huge difference.

luol deng is not athletic. noah is.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Has there ever been an argument that he's not athletic? Yes he is very athletic for his size, more athletic than many his size but at the same time he's not a freak athlete, in that his athleticism elevates him above others. Again he is a decent energy guy but you don't want him starting for long stretches. He gets put backs/hustle points and gets his hands on balls something that seems to interest him a lot, but he will not post up and score, he is weak right now, and he is not a good rebounder. I'm just saying it reminds me of the Shelden Williams case, you are picking high on a guy you know will be a role player for you for 10+ years, but common knowledge is that if you are picking in the lottery you don't go for role players, you try to go for guys you think will be great, Noah will never be great, but he has a chance to be good to okay to bad.

spencer hawes will never be fantastic. noah has that chance. i disagree with your analysis wholeheartedly.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 03:35 PM
This my friends is a man who speaks truth. Both of these points are 100% valid. The Bulls came into the draft with one glaring weakness, no one to score easy buckets. They chose to pass the player who has the best set of post skills in the draft for a player who will do the same things Tyrus Thomas will do.

Another valid point, this pick does not make the Bulls better at all. They will be the same team they were last year. The only difference is Noah will eat into Tyrus' minutes, which will impede Ty's growth as a player.

Unless the Bulls make a trade and recieve an all star in the post this offseason neither helped nor hurt them. Overall it would be a better offseason than last years where they overpaid Ben Wallace who is a shell of his former self.

excuse me but clearly Pax, a far more qualified subject than any of us, knows that a low post scorer who doesn't play d or rebound is not the solution. THAT PLAYER WAS THE PROBLEM (see eddy curry). end of story.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2007, 03:43 PM
spencer hawes will never be fantastic. noah has that chance. i disagree with your analysis wholeheartedly.

That's just flat out homerism to say Hawes will never be great and Noah can, that's a BS statement and you know it.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Ny money Noah more athletic than Deng? Do you have eyeballs?

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 04:05 PM
That's just flat out homerism to say Hawes will never be great and Noah can, that's a BS statement and you know it.

you're telling me that Hawes has the potential to be a superstar? never. not in a million years. noah is flashy and energetic enough to be great in these regards.

i love the pick.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Ny money Noah more athletic than Deng? Do you have eyeballs?

you must have read and wrote it wrong. there is no way that you are arguing that Deng is more athletic than Noah. Deng is like cardboard out there.

ccB
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
First of all, I watched numerous Florida games this year. Secondly, I'm not going to reference my opinion because that is not how an argument is formed. you must reference a outside source. So that is why I bring up all the other reports.

The guys you are talking about are ATHLETIC FREAKS. they are not athletic. They are in their own stratosphere. big difference. huge difference.

luol deng is not athletic. noah is.

Dude your crazy. I am just saying Noah doesnt have top tier athleticism. Which is true, of course hes athletic how else would he play in the league if he wasnt. What im trying to prove is his athleticism compared to trully gifted athletes is nothing to write home about. And wtf are you talking about since when isnt Luol Deng athletic? Any opinion you state from here on out should be considered worthless. Id say any player with the ability to play the 2, 3, or 4 is trully athletic.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM
you're telling me that Hawes has the potential to be a superstar? never. not in a million years. noah is flashy and energetic enough to be great in these regards.

i love the pick.

Noah can be a "star" for being dumb and looking like a fool, but if you are talking about players, you are foolish to say Hawes has no potential to be a star, and Noah does. Theres a difference between being a good player and getting media attention.

ccB
07-02-2007, 04:14 PM

i love the pick.

You think Joakim Noah is gonna be a superstar? ROFL He will never be better than big men such as Stat, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Lamarcus Alderidge, Greg Oden, Carlos Boozer, Paul Milsap, Andrei Kirelenko, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Emeka Okafor etc... who will all be playing for the better part of the next 10 years. Dude take off the homer shades.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
you must have read and wrote it wrong. there is no way that you are arguing that Deng is more athletic than Noah. Deng is like cardboard out there.
Do me a favor. Go watch some college basketball in which Noah is a participant. Next, wait until he attempts to shoot the ball... Now are you going to tell me that when he shoots a lay up it does not appear to be a sea otter with turrets smashing a clam(bank board) with a rock( basketball)? The guy is so uncoordinated he can't wipe his own butt without slipping a finger into his brown star.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Dude your crazy. I am just saying Noah doesnt have top tier athleticism. Which is true, of course hes athletic how else would he play in the league if he wasnt. What im trying to prove is his athleticism compared to trully gifted athletes is nothing to write home about. And wtf are you talking about since when isnt Luol Deng athletic? Any opinion you state from here on out should be considered worthless. Id say any player with the ability to play the 2, 3, or 4 is trully athletic.

all around you tend to be right, but Luol is FAR from athletic. FAAAAAR. his wingspan makes up for lack of athleticism. come on now brother.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
You think Joakim Noah is gonna be a superstar? ROFL He will never be better than big men such as Stat, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Lamarcus Alderidge, Greg Oden, Carlos Boozer, Paul Milsap, Andrei Kirelenko, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Emeka Okafor etc... who will all be playing for the better part of the next 10 years. Dude take off the homer shades.

i don't think noah will be a superstar. i didn't explain myself clearly enough. i think he has the potential to be center of attention via his play and personality. that sells tickets, and tickets make owners money. you make the owner money, you become a coveted asset to any franchise. luckily the bulls won't need a ticket grabber due to the fan base. nonetheless, i believe that noah will have a far more impressive pro career than hawes. hawes' lack of rebounding, defense and ability to run the floor will continue to haunt him.

NYmoney
07-02-2007, 04:55 PM

point out one statement i've made that is homer. one.

dabears10
07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
all around you tend to be right, but Luol is FAR from athletic. FAAAAAR. his wingspan makes up for lack of athleticism. come on now brother.

You sir, are dumb. How is Luol far from athletic? He is not a flashy player but he is amazingly athletic.

I think you are getting caught up on flashy thinking that it is athleticism, but it is not.

ccB
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
You sir, are dumb. How is Luol far from athletic? He is not a flashy player but he is amazingly athletic.

I think you are getting caught up on flashy thinking that it is athleticism, but it is not.

Yeah thats what I think, I think to him an athlete is someone who hangs onto/shakes the rim after he dunks than hits the ground and does some kinda weird pose. I mean Luol isnt Lebron James but hes athletic, if you want to see someone without athleticism watch Peja play.

sweetness34
07-02-2007, 05:42 PM
NYMoney, you my friend do not know what you're talking about if you think Luol is not athletic.

derza222
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Luol is such a smooth athlete, he isn't the kind of explosive leaper that a guy like TT is but it doesn't mean he isn't an excellent athlete. He's the most consistent scorer we have because of his midrange J and his ability to slash to the basket and make things happen. You can't get to the basket and score like he can if you're not a good athlete, and you can't be as versatile of a threat offensively or as versatile a defender without being a very good athlete. He's the best player on the team IMO, it's not really close, and he's only going to continue to get better.

iowatreat54
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM

so a player who is 6'9 and can play 2, 3 or 4, can arguably guard a 2, 3 or 4, hit 18 foot jumpers, drive to the lane and contort his body to make a layin/shot, run the court pretty well for his size, has great hand/eye coordination and quickness on D, and can rebound with the best of them is not athletic...yet a player who is 7'0 atleast, can dominate 6'8-6'10 players at the 4 on D, rebound over those same players, block shots of those players, cannot shoot, and is a 50-50 chance of making a layup on a break away is athletic?

noah can run the floor and play great D, but so can Deng...now noah is about 3 inches taller so it is more impressive for his size, and I understand if you are not saying noah is more athletic or whatever...but to say Deng is FAR FROM ATHLETIC only attests to your lack of knowledge and ability to judge anything athletic...

bearfan
07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I think the athletiscm (sp) of some players in the league such as TT, Lebron and a few others has everyone thinking that if they arent like them athletically, then they arent athletic at all. Or thats the way some people seem to see it in this thread

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Luol is such a smooth athlete, he isn't the kind of explosive leaper that a guy like TT is but it doesn't mean he isn't an excellent athlete. He's the most consistent scorer we have because of his midrange J and his ability to slash to the basket and make things happen. You can't get to the basket and score like he can if you're not a good athlete, and you can't be as versatile of a threat offensively or as versatile a defender without being a very good athlete. He's the best player on the team IMO, it's not really close, and he's only going to continue to get better.

Deng cannot play the 2.

He's not that athletic. That was the knock on him.

derza222
07-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Deng cannot play the 2.

Where did I say, at all, that he can play the two? I don't see anywhere. And I certainly think he'd have a tough time playing the 2 offensively, but mostly because of his lack of shooting range. He could do it, but it's not the best fit for him.

Maybe you're looking at athleticism in a different way, but he's not a bad athlete by any stretch of the imagination.The thing is, just because he doesn't test out well doesn't mean he's not a good athlete. He gets things done, he's more of a smooth athlete than an explosive athlete IMO but still a great overall athlete.

And the knock on him wasn't that he was a bad athlete, it was that: a- he wasn't a jump out of the gym athlete and b- he scared scouts off because he tested out so poorly. Plus, did it turn out to matter at all? Just because he doesn't have the best vertical or 3/4 court sprint or lane agility drill doesn't mean he can't get to the basket and score very, very well. Kevin Durant tested out as a terrible athlete this year. You can't tell me he's not a great athlete.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-03-2007, 08:41 AM
I quoted the wrong person:

iowatreat54 - so a player who is 6'9 and can play 2, 3 or 4

derza222
07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Fair enough, a few people have said he can play the 2 on offense but I'd really hesitate to put him there. But do you get the points that I made? There have been some exaggerations but Deng is not a bad athlete by any stretch of the imagination, he's a very good athlete. Not an unbelievable, jump out of the gym type, but a very good athlete in his own right.

ccB
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Deng cannot play the 2.

Deng could defintely play the 2, he might be a liability offensively but Im positive he could guard a 2 and guard a 2 well. I mean look at Gerald Wallace, hes not your protoypical 2 but he can play there.

NYmoney
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
I think Deng is smooth, but I would disagree with him being labeled as athletic in the paradigm of the NBA.

regardless, what does everyone think of JamesOn? Do you think he'll be able to add value to this team?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Deng could defintely play the 2, he might be a liability offensively but Im positive he could guard a 2 and guard a 2 well. I mean look at Gerald Wallace, hes not your protoypical 2 but he can play there.

He could play the 2, but footspeed would be a problem with some 2 guards.

Bearsfan123
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I think Deng is smooth, but I would disagree with him being labeled as athletic in the paradigm of the NBA.

regardless, what does everyone think of JamesOn? Do you think he'll be able to add value to this team?

i dont really like him, he has some off the court issues, and there was a guy on board i really liked in Zabian Dowdell but i hear hes a good scorer and can be a good player off the bench. Yes i think he will make the team, at the expense of Andre Barret.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
To be honest I'd take Barrett over Jameson any day, Barrett is lightning quick and is actually a point, Jameson yes can score, but is undersized for a 2 guard, has no court vision, and a bad/loose handle.

sweetness34
07-03-2007, 11:59 AM

I love Jameson personally, but hey that's me. He lit up the Berto Center with this workout. He'll definitely add value to this team.

Deng is athletic, no if's, and's, or but's about it. The guy has emmense body control in the air, he can get to the rim at will, he can fly and dunk on people, he runs the floor extremely well, and when need be he can create his own shot. Deng is not ubber athletic, like Tyrus and BG are (Gordon is an insane athlete) but he can hold his own.

Smokey Joe
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Darko please!

Oh yeah, if Noah and Thomas are our starting big men in a couple of years, yeah, we are screwed.

Bearsfan123
07-05-2007, 11:18 AM
we offered Noc a contract of 38 million

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070704bulls,1,2050305.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

wow....i think thats about a bit too much..

NYmoney
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070704bulls,1,2050305.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

considering that he is expected to pull in 40-46, i think we're fine.

NYmoney
07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
i like this story:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jackson/450382,CST-SPT-jax01.article

pretty helpful.

NYmoney
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Noc signed. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2928061 5 yr. 38mm.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm glad Noc got paid.

It's not like this team is going to be under the luxury tax anyway anytime soon.

Once Ben & Deng get paid we will definitely be over the tax. Might as well pay Noc what he deserves.

sweetness34
07-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Um no it's not. Noce could've gotten easily 40+ on the open market, easily. We got him at bargain price.

iowatreat54
07-07-2007, 06:34 PM
now that we have him...time to send him, Duhon, Noah, and Khryapa for Gasol

I would miss Noc, but he's worth sacrificing to get rid of the other 3