PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten Awards

GB12
11-21-2006, 04:01 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/badger/img/nov06/2006_AllBigTenTeams.pdf

11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead. :roll:

11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead.

The award goes to the best player, not to the guy with the best stats.

duckseason
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead.

I guess that explains why Mike Hass won the Biletnikoff last year.

11-21-2006, 04:29 PM

The player that played the best has the best stats buddy.

Solomon
11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
imo Mitch King should be on the second team over Patterson, I'm surprised he wasn't even an honorable mention.

NickBam
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead. :roll:

Obviously the coaches see something the media doesn't since Gonzo is Honorable Mention by the media.

keylime_5
11-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I think they should've swapped Ginn and Gonzo for first and second team honors, but it really doesn't matter. Ginn is a better player and he had more catches, yards, and touchdowns, but oh well. I'm also baffled how Alex Boone didn't even catch HM all big ten - he's only our most talented lineman.

Dam8610
11-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Spencer got his spot. I'm happy.

draftguru151
11-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Looks pretty good overall. That DL is ridiculous. Woodley, Branch, Pitcock, Spencer, nasty.

11-21-2006, 05:12 PM

Obviously the coaches see something the media doesn't since Gonzo is Honorable Mention by the media.

I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week. :lol:

Didn't see the Media before. Good to see Hardy and Porter on there. Would have liked to see Myers get Honorable Mention but meh.

11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week.

Im pretty sure coaches would know players alot better than the media would. There with these guys all week long, not just Saturdays for College Game Day.

11-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week.

Im pretty sure coaches would know players alot better than the media would. There with these guys all week long, not just Saturdays for College Game Day.

Explain to me how coaches of other teams are with players every single day.

11-21-2006, 05:23 PM
THEY ARE COACHES OF THE SAME CONFERENCE (hint why it is the Big Ten awards). Which means once to twice a year each coach gets an entire week to prepare for another Big ten school. The media doesnt do this, the coaches are the ones that know everything.

Why are you argueing that the media has better knowledge over the players than the coaches? It isnt even close!!!!

Coaches recruit them, coach then, scout them, etc......

Explain to me how coaches of other teams are with players every single day.

Ummmm I never said that, I said they practice with their own teams and scout other teams all week.

11-21-2006, 05:24 PM
THEY ARE COACHES OF THE SAME CONFERENCE (hint why it is the Big Ten awards). Which means once to twice a year each coach gets an entire week to prepare for another Big ten school. The media doesnt do this, the coaches are the ones that know everything.

Why are you argueing that coaches have a better understanding over the media? It isnt even close!!!!

Actually it is very debatable. How can you say that Gonzalez deserves it more than Hardy? Please explain that to me.

11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Actually it is very debatable. How can you say that Gonzalez deserves it more than Hardy? Please explain that to me.

I shouldnt have to explain why, the Big Ten coaches should, cause there the people that picked and obviously they know more than you so.....

11-21-2006, 05:28 PM

I shouldnt have to explain why, the Big Ten coaches should, cause there the people that picked and obviously they know more than you so.....

You could just say that you're an OSU homer. That would have been much quicker to type.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Gonzalez doesn't deserve it more than Hardy. Hardy put up better stats with less support. Gonzo has TedGinn, Troy Smith, Antonio Pittman, and Chris Wells to take pressure off him, for much of the year he was single covered by #2 and worse CB's. Everyone knows Hardy is gonna get the ball but he still produces.

11-21-2006, 05:31 PM
You could just say that you're an OSU homer. That would have been much quicker to type.

Why am I a homer because the Big Ten coaches voted Gonzalez? i had nothing to do with the voting, Im just saying more knowledgable people than all of us combine think differently so THERE!

11-21-2006, 05:33 PM

Why am I a homer because the Big Ten coaches voted Gonzalez? i had nothing to do with the voting, Im just saying more knowledgable people than all of us combine think differently so THERE!

The award goes to the best player

You said he was better and I am debating that with you. I think you give coaches way too much credit. They're not all the football geniuses you think they are. They are easily blinded by a player's name and school and don't see them play every game, like much of the media does.

11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
You said he was better and I am debating that with you. I think you give coaches way too much credit. They're not all the football geniuses you think they are. They are easily blinded by a player's name and school and don't see them play every game, like much of the media does.

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!......

the coaches voted him as a better player, call them out in a meesage board if your sour, NOT ME!!!

Gonzalez will be a first round draft pick, its hard to say any of the Indiana WR's will go first round, it never happens. The coaches know best, not your opinion!

11-21-2006, 05:38 PM

the coaches voted him as a better player, call them out in a meesage board if your sour, NOT ME!!!

Gonzalez will be a first round draft pick, its hard to say any of the Indiana WR's will go first round, it never happens. The coaches know best, not your opinion!

Hardy could easily be a first round pick. You really don't know what you're talking about do you? I'm guessing you've never seen IU other than when they played OSU.

11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Keep argueing, maybe the coaches will get scared and change their minds!

Gonzalez is 1st team all big ten, end of discussion.

NickBam
11-21-2006, 05:40 PM

Hardy could easily be a first round pick. You really don't know what you're talking about do you? I'm guessing you've never seen IU other than when they played OSU.

Gonzo looks to be no worse then a second round pick (he's #4 on Mel Kiper's junior WR list I believe), but Hardy is filthy, to put it simply.

11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Keep argueing, maybe the coaches will get scared and change their minds!

Gonzalez is 1st team all bif ten, end of discussion.

Now I see why people hate you so much. Whenever you get into arguement with someone, you either make things up or make points that are completely irrelevant. Am I correct that you have never seen IU play other than against OSU? Also, do you agree that Gonzalez should be all big ten over Hardy?

11-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Yes i believe Gonzo should be 1st team, and so do the coaches. One poster on an NFL site seems to disagree.....SO WHAT?

11-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes i believe Gonzo should be 1st team, and so do the coaches. One poster on an NFL site seems to disagree.....SO WHAT?

Actually of three people that have posted on the subject, two of them have said Hardy deserves it more. Explain why Gonzalez deserves it more.

11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I dont care if 100 posters think Hardy is better, there just posters!!!!

Big Ten coaches are the only important variable here, and they allready spoke their minds in the matter.

If you wanna make up an awards show where the posters get to pick who wins, your free to do so......

11-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I dont care if 100 posters think Hardy is better, there just posters!!!!

Big Ten coaches are the only important variable here, and they allready spoke their minds in the matter.

If you wanna make up an awards show where the posters get to pick who wins, your free to do so......

See there you go again complete avoiding the question asked to you.

11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Your making it seem as though posters have more knowledge about a player than the coaches, and it is complete ludacris to think that. The coaches opinions are held in much higher regard than a message boards!

Please try to understand that

11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Your making it seem as though posters have more knowledge about a player than the coaches, and it is complete ludacris to think that. The coaches opinions are held in much higher regard than a message boards!

Please try to understand that

Just because you're a complete idiot doesn't mean other posters are. I have deep respect for coaches but I trust the Media more in ranking teams and players, because they see more games of them. Again, you have yet to answer my question.

11-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Just because you're a complete idiot doesn't mean other posters are. I have deep respect for coaches but I trust the Media more in ranking teams and players, because they see more games of them. Again, you have yet to answer my question.

Come to me when you wanna make sence or bring up a good point. Go cry to the coaches or something, not me!

11-21-2006, 05:55 PM

Come to me when you wanna make sence or bring up a good point. Go cry to the coaches or something, not me!

You're talking about people making points and making sense? :lol: And for the fourth post in a row, you haven't answered my question.

duckseason
11-21-2006, 05:55 PM

"sence" doesn't make sense. In your face!!! BOOYA!!

11-21-2006, 06:01 PM
HERE is your answer:

GONZALEZ deserves it more because..........HE ACTUALLY WON!!!!

are you going to need counsiling to be able to reconsil with this decision made by the Big Ten coaches?

PS - your a poster, not a scout or talent evaluator, your opinion means squat compared to these coaches.

duckseason
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Mike Hass >> Anthony Gonzalez

11-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Jerry Rice >>>>> Mike Hass

11-21-2006, 06:05 PM
HERE is your answer:

GONZALEZ deserves it more because..........HE ACTUALLY WON!!!!

are you going to need counsiling to be able to reconsil with this decision made by the Big Ten coaches?

PS - your a poster, not a scout or talent evaluator, your opinion means squat compared to these coaches.

You still haven't explain why you yourself believe he is the better player. I'm sorry but "because the Big Ten coaches said so", isn't a good reason.

GB12
11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Jerry Rice >>>>> Mike Hass

I was on the edge about that one but I'll agree with you. :roll:

TIP
11-21-2006, 06:53 PM
ARGGGH SCIRROTTO WAS SHAFTED!!!!! :?

I agree with it for the most part..>Scirrotto was shafted!

Boston
11-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Ikegwuono is a beast.

Nerv
11-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Lol, clevelands posts are gone, cards is arguing with her/himself

danman253
11-22-2006, 01:37 AM
Long over thomas for OL of the year, LOVE IT 8)

P-L
11-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Troy Smith wasn't a Unanimous decision for first team QB. One coach voted for someone else. :lol:

Rumors are that it was Joe Tiller, but no one really knows. It's funny, because he's being talked about as the almost unanimous Heisman winner, yet someone voted for someone else. But since Cleveland31 puts so much credit into the Big 10 coaches as a whole, I guess this could mean something. :P

11-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Well now i look like an idiot.

BerninWI
11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow, what a snub of Travis Beckum. Rivals has him rated as the #1 TE in that nation (appropriately, he leads all te's in the nation with 821 yards receiving, after a slow start since he was moving over from defensive end/linebacker) and yet he didn't make even the 2nd team big ten with the coaches. Many Iowa fans thought Chandler was crap this year. Long over Joe Thomas as OL of the year? Yeah, if they say so. Manningham missed a lot of games and as a result his body of work wasn't all that extensive. I think that spot should have gone to Bryant from Purdue or Hardy from Indiana. Both those players were better than the 2 who did make it. There was a lot of OSU and Michigan bias in these. Just because they are great teams doesn't mean nearly everyone at every position is the best for them.

danman253
11-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow, what a snub of Travis Beckum. Rivals has him rated as the #1 TE in that nation (appropriately, he leads all te's in the nation with 821 yards receiving, after a slow start since he was moving over from defensive end/linebacker) and yet he didn't make even the 2nd team big ten with the coaches. Many Iowa fans thought Chandler was crap this year. Long over Joe Thomas as OL of the year? Yeah, if they say so. Manningham missed a lot of games and as a result his body of work wasn't all that extensive. I think that spot should have gone to Bryant from Purdue or Hardy from Indiana. Both those players were better than the 2 who did make it. There was a lot of OSU and Michigan bias in these. Just because they are great teams doesn't mean nearly everyone at every position is the best for them.

Cry about it why don't ya?

draftguru151
11-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Beckum definately should be on it over Chandler.

DHVF
11-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Spaeth made the team, so I am happy.

NOSH
11-22-2006, 11:47 PM
James Hardy is in the same breath as Calvin Johnson. Both are beasts at WR (when thrown to) and are gamebreaking type players. Gonzalez is the product of Troy Smith and the players around him. Sure he is good but no where near James Hardy good. If Hardy had a QB as good as Smith or Henne he would put up Randy Moss numbers and destroy teams on a weekly basis. Oh, I was a little surprised Tony Hunt didn't make first team but I can live with 2nd team. Penn State wouldn't have won 3 games without him but I guess the coaches know best.

11-22-2006, 11:51 PM
James Hardy is in the same breath as Calvin Johnson. Both are beasts at WR (when thrown to) and are gamebreaking type players. Gonzalez is the product of Troy Smith and the players around him. Sure he is good but no where near James Hardy good. If Hardy had a QB as good as Smith or Henne he would put up Randy Moss numbers and destroy teams on a weekly basis. Oh, I was a little surprised Tony Hunt didn't make first team but I can live with 2nd team. Penn State wouldn't have won 3 games without him but I guess the coaches know best.

Woah calm down there buddy. I'm a huge Hardy homer but come on.

draftguru151
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM

*Puts gun in mouth*

BerninWI
11-23-2006, 03:09 PM

Ohio State fans are arrogant but you're not? Nice avatar by the way. You'll be wearing Wisconsin's for a week next year.

danman253
11-24-2006, 01:30 AM

Ohio State fans are arrogant but you're not? Nice avatar by the way. You'll be wearing Wisconsin's for a week next year.

no I'm not really. You are homer who thinks wisconsin should get every amount of respect htey should, when they really should not

Manningham played better than Bryant and hardy, quit crying because Michigan and oSU players are better than wisconsins.

Honestley i see nothing wrong with these.

BTW, 24-10? :D

And yeah, uh no I won't, Wisconsin has zero chance of beating us next year.

The whole offense is returning, and The defense will rebuild. Its not like its that hard to stop wisconsin. Also Camp Randall isn't that tough to play in.

TIP
11-24-2006, 02:18 AM

God, you are the biggest wisconsin homer ever.

BerninWI
11-24-2006, 03:03 PM

Ha! And yet I've been right about everything positive I've said about Wisconsin on these boards. And you've been wrong about EVERYTHING you've said about Wisconsin. That their defense isn't even top 30. That they'd fade down the stretch and lose to Penn State and Iowa. Then you get proven you are wrong but aren't man enough to admit it. I'm the biggest wisconsin homer ever. B.S., you're the biggest Wisconsin hater ever, and you buy into hype more than anyone I've ever seen.

Then you have Danman who comes on here pretty much implying that nobody ever has a chance in the big ten other than Michigan and Ohio State, which is factually incorrect. 93- Wisconsin share, 94- PSU, 95- NW, 96- NW share, 98- Wisconsin share, 99- Wisconsin, 00- NW and PU share, 01- Illinois, 02- Iowa share, 04- Iowa share, 05- PSU share. God, why did they even show up and play the games. BTW, last time at home, in 05', Wisconsin beat Michigan. Win on our homefield next year and then maybe you'll have something to talk about. You won't.

Comments from ohio state fans on buckeye planet when they saw that Travis Beckum wasn't on either 1st or 2nd team all big ten:

"Agree. I was shocked he wasn't on the 1st team. He's a monster."

"I agree Beckum should be a no brainer."

But honestly, YOU see nothing wrong with these. That's telling. You're not arrogant at all but they are. They are capable of giving credit where credit is due. I typically have had very good experiences with Buckeye fans, and find most of them to be reasonable people, and easy to have civil debates with. I can't say the same about Michigan fans, including you of course.

danman253
11-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Wah, Beckum didn't make it. Its not like it was clear cut. Honestley pal, relax. We beat you, deal with it. You won't beat us next year. Losing your veteran leader at QB and Joe thomas. Your offense revolves around 1 player, PJ Hill. I am not scared at all of Wisconsin.

Its funny that you claim to be a guru on Wisconsin football, yet the man you herald all the time (John Clay) may not even go there. Enjoy the Cap 1 bowl ace.

Also that whole thing about us losing last year, here is a hint. WE WERE AWFUL, and we stil lnearly won. Henne, Hart Manningham next year? I bet we drop 35+ in your house.

BerninWI
11-24-2006, 03:23 PM
It's not clear cut at all, yet he was rivals #1 rated tight end, whereas Chandler was rated 13th. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp

You will be lucky to drop 20 on Wisconsin unless your D-Line is near where they were this year (they won't be without Woodley, Branch, et al), keeping the Wisconsin D on the field like this year.

Ooh, John Clay "might" not at up at Wisconsin. Let me know when he commits somewhere else, otherwise hold your peace, because a statement like that is meaningless. I will enjoy Wisconsin's trip to the Cap One Bowl, where we hammer our SEC opponent again, and prove that the BCS is flawed and there should be a playoff.

TIP
11-24-2006, 03:51 PM

Ha! And yet I've been right about everything positive I've said about Wisconsin on these boards. And you've been wrong about EVERYTHING you've said about Wisconsin. That their defense isn't even top 30. That they'd fade down the stretch and lose to Penn State and Iowa. Then you get proven you are wrong but aren't man enough to admit it. I'm the biggest wisconsin homer ever. B.S., you're the biggest Wisconsin hater ever, and you buy into hype more than anyone I've ever seen.

Then you have Danman who comes on here pretty much implying that nobody ever has a chance in the big ten other than Michigan and Ohio State, which is factually incorrect. 93- Wisconsin share, 94- PSU, 95- NW, 96- NW share, 98- Wisconsin share, 99- Wisconsin, 00- NW and PU share, 01- Illinois, 02- Iowa share, 04- Iowa share, 05- PSU share. God, why did they even show up and play the games. BTW, last time at home, in 05', Wisconsin beat Michigan. Win on our homefield next year and then maybe you'll have something to talk about. You won't.

Comments from ohio state fans on buckeye planet when they saw that Travis Beckum wasn't on either 1st or 2nd team all big ten:

But honestly, YOU see nothing wrong with these. That's telling. You're not arrogant at all but they are. They are capable of giving credit where credit is due. I typically have had very good experiences with Buckeye fans, and find most of them to be reasonable people, and easy to have civil debates with. I can't say the same about Michigan fans, including you of course.

God Shut up, quit freakingg bitching. wahhhh Wisconsin should be higher, beckum should be 1st team, wahhhhhhhh. Get over it. Who gives a crap about awards, shut up for christs sake

BerninWI
11-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Blind ignorance masked as phony machismo

TIP
11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Blind ignorance masked as phony machismo

Ok smart guy, you want to know why I didn't give Wisconsin Respect? The same reason why the rest of the College football world doesn't! THEY NEVER WIN THE BIG TEN. It's the same reason why no one respects PSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Once in awhile, they get a team good enough to win the big ten. This was your year...and you still didn't do it. You get good recruiting classes, but are behind 4 other schools in your conference in recruiting this year...thats why I don't give them respect. Wisconsin is a good team, but not an elite team, it's been that way for years and it will continue to be...same goes for PSU and Iowa...so get used to never getting repsect for UW, because you never will be considered an elite team

GB12
11-24-2006, 04:27 PM

God Shut up, quit freakingg bitching. wahhhh Wisconsin should be higher, beckum should be 1st team, wahhhhhhhh. Get over it. Who gives a crap about awards, shut up for christs sake

Agreed, stop being a little *****.

danman253
11-24-2006, 07:50 PM
It's not clear cut at all, yet he was rivals #1 rated tight end, whereas Chandler was rated 13th. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp

You will be lucky to drop 20 on Wisconsin unless your D-Line is near where they were this year (they won't be without Woodley, Branch, et al), keeping the Wisconsin D on the field like this year.

Ooh, John Clay "might" not at up at Wisconsin. Let me know when he commits somewhere else, otherwise hold your peace, because a statement like that is meaningless. I will enjoy Wisconsin's trip to the Cap One Bowl, where we hammer our SEC opponent again, and prove that the BCS is flawed and there should be a playoff.

Hehe, keep runnin your mouth ace, you'll get embarrassed.

bigmac076
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Very glad Harris got what he deserves, Butkus award should be his as well

TIP
11-27-2006, 06:32 PM

not a chance in hell you homer

11-27-2006, 06:50 PM

He's not a finalist and deservingly so.

ThEvIcTR
02-03-2007, 10:47 PM
No Harris didn't deserve the Butkus Award. Our defense played to his strength and he also had an amazing D-line. I hope he gets drafted by the patriots in the late 2nd or early third portion of the draft.

Laurenitius and Connor are both looking to be stand out players next year and at the next level.

snuff
02-04-2007, 01:09 AM
First of way to bring this thread back. Congratulations.

Second Harris is the most important person on our defense.

3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.

princefielder28
02-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Ginn should get first team before Gonzalez

Unbiased
02-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I'd have Hill>Pittman, but it looks all right.

02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.

LOL, you show little knowledge when you say this type of bias crap.

You cannot have that many tackles, when you CANNOT shed blocks!

Most overrated is also a very bias and nowhere near true answer.

It really makes Michigan fans look horrible when you post. Usually I respect and love to hear a Michigan fans opinion, but most hate yours, even Michigan fans cringe when you speak.

snuff
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
What you mean you can't have that many tackles and not shed blocks? He had like 20 tackles in UT game and played awful over perusing and getting taken out of plays.....

How about Derrick Johnson? He was all over the place and couldn't shed a tackle either.

gettembuck
02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
the word is biased. Somebody shows bias, but they are biased.

02-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Snuff, take a second to think what you said, I will help you...."3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season."

Now, I dont need to try and argue, you allready made yourself look stupid.

snuff
02-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Snuff, take a second to think what you said, I will help you...."3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season."

Now, I dont need to try and argue, you allready made yourself look stupid.He is the most overrated player in the Big-10.... I deserved none of the award considerations he got and was the 3, 4, or possibly 5th best LB in the Big-10 this year. The second part was a hyperbole.... Since the sarcasm.

02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I dont need to argue. Not worth the time.

snuff
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
I dont need to argue. Not worth the time.Thats good to hear, because defeat was inevitable.

02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
brownsfan wrote:
Thats good to hear, because defeat was inevitable.

Plus everyone respects your opinions, wait?

snuff
02-05-2007, 12:45 PM
brownsfan wrote:
Thats good to hear, because defeat was inevitable.

Plus everyone respects your opinions, wait?Your new here so let me break it down for you. I am the resident a-hole and no one likes me but a select few. Although when i talk college football I am pretty on base and I think some people respect my opinion.

02-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Um not after what you just said.

Im even going to make a poll for you, just to prove you wrong.

Im also going to minus 1 vote for being overrated because i know thats how youll vote.

snuff
02-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I will null my vote and either way it will prove nothing... Most the people on here are idiots and don't even watch tOSU or college football. And if I win it will just be because there are like 20 Michigan people on here and you will whine.

02-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Most the people on here are idiots and don't even watch tOSU or college football. And if I win it will just be because there are like 20 Michigan people on here and you will whine.

First your the one that falls under this category for your un-fair and non-realistic opinion.

2nd, despite Michigan and OSU fans hating each other, they are both great teams and we usually respect each other players. Because they are both very good. And when a player gets a college award from one of these teams, it is almost allways earned.

snuff
02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah like Aaron Ross, Ernest Shazor, and Paul Polz all deserved what they got. :roll:

02-05-2007, 01:02 PM
i said when a player from OSU or Michigan usually gets the award, that DOESNT include Texas, or Penn State bud!

Shazor falsl under the category of usually! i never said EVERYTIME.

bigmac076
02-05-2007, 01:15 PM

Maybe Harris wasn't the greatest MLB of the year but why is he not even considered as a finalist? I need a serious explanation.

02-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe Harris wasn't the greatest MLB of the year but why is he not even considered as a finalist? I need a serious explanation.

i think he was very good this year. And hope he succeeds in the NFL. Cant really answer your quetion though.

TIP
02-06-2007, 02:46 AM

He didn't make the top three for the butkus award this year...thats how he;s not a finalist

02-06-2007, 05:32 AM

Because he wasn't one of the three best LB's in the NCAA. I don't know, don't ask me.

bigmac076
02-06-2007, 08:09 AM

He didn't make the top three for the butkus award this year...thats how he;s not a finalist

Because he wasn't one of the three best LB's in the NCAA. I don't know, don't ask me

real definitive guys

gettembuck
02-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Because he wasn't one of the three best LB's in the NCAA. I don't know, don't ask me

real definitive guyswhat are you asking for? why other people didn't vote him as a finalist? how the hell should anybody know if they weren't the ones voting?

bigmac076
02-06-2007, 08:40 AM

real definitive guyswhat are you asking for? why other people didn't vote him as a finalist? how the hell should anybody know if they weren't the ones voting?
Im not asking for anything from you. Maybe I should ask a different question than before. Do you think that David Harris(the MLB for the best run defense in the country) should have been a finalist for the Butkus Award and if not, then why?

gettembuck
02-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Is your only reasoning because he was the MLB on the #1 run defense? Looking at stats only he didn't impress as much as the other guys....not that stats are the end all, be all. Who would he replace?

TIP
02-06-2007, 11:39 AM

real definitive guys

What the do you want us to say? Voters decided that Paul Posluszny, Patrick Willis, and James Laurenitis had outplayed him...thats why he wsan't a finalist.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM

real definitive guys

dude don't worry about that anyone who really follows Mich football knows how important he was to our team this year. I have heard first hand accounts from the Mich players saying that David Harris is amazing. He would win their team best hit award nearly every week. He was overlooked because of some other major names on the defense, but that does not take away from the fact that he had one of the best season for a Mich linebacker.