PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Bryant

Chucky
05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3045

Antonio Bryant is being worked out by the Bucs, although if signed he would miss the first two games of the year. COuld potentially be a great number 2, or at least push clayton. Although he has character concerns.

-black
05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
cant hurt....we've tried Leaf, D Russell, and Boston

etk
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Bryant definitely fits our offense well. He has a better chance of making it over Boston if he's actually signed.

lol, it's about time Gruden signed another troubled project. It's just that time of the year.

StaticGator is the guy that tried to argue with me that Gruden only likes high-character players and such, right? That was one of the more memorable moments lately on this board.

StaticGator
05-24-2007, 06:39 PM
StaticGator is the guy that tried to argue with me that Gruden only likes high-character players and such, right? That was one of the more memorable moments lately on this board.

Got a link for that? At most I would say the higher draft picks have been on the conservative side, but clearly Gruden isn't against giving anyone a shot as long as the risk/exposure isn't too big.

etk
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Got a link for that? At most I would say the higher draft picks have been on the conservative side, but clearly Gruden isn't against giving anyone a shot as long as the risk/exposure isn't too big.

I speak in terms of free agents, not draft picks. Very few draft picks have recognizable character issues to the public and media because they're not in the spotlight of the NFL where they are highly scrutinized. Just because a guy we draft is clean doesn't mean they have character issues. Some analysts had concerns about Sabby Piscitelli because of problems with his ego at Oregon State. Many of you are unaware of this and assume he is another "high-character John Lynch" type when it's not entirely the case.

Chucky
05-24-2007, 08:17 PM
it said on Pewter Report

Caddy
05-25-2007, 08:40 PM
If he can be signed for a low contract with no bonus then there would be no problem giving him a go. Although he will miss the first 2 games of the season, he can definitely ball and could ease the pain of the post Galloway era in Tampa.

Merlin
05-26-2007, 06:00 AM
I hope we don't sign this guy, I would rather see our energy's being used on Stovall etc.

etk
05-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I hope we don't sign this guy, I would rather see our energy's being used on Stovall etc.

Stovall will be integrated into the offense sooner rather than later, don't worry. He has the size and route-running that Gruden loves from his receivers and he's capable of stretching the defense on vertical routes.

bofadabizzles
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
We already signed Stevens why not take a shot on Bryant, at least he can play.