PDA

View Full Version : A little competition for the #3 QB?

niel89
05-25-2007, 03:19 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-olson0525,0,5539528.story?coll=bal-sports-football

If Olson can duplicate his numbers with the Admirals, then he could be wearing a Ravens jersey this fall. Coming off a win over Hamburg in which he threw for 293 yards and three touchdowns, Olson has completed 59 percent of his passes for 1,114 yards and nine touchdowns (against seven interceptions) in six games

"I knew they'd take a quarterback with a late pick. I was not surprised," Olson said. "That's OK. In the NFL, there's competition. I've been competing for a job since I was in high school, and this isn't going to be any different. I can't control what Troy does. I can only control what I do, and I intend to do well."

Im glad Drew is progressing in NFL Europe and it should be interesting to see him and Troy Smith fight it out in TC.

go_ravens94
05-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah, baby. Sorry I've been off, just catching up.

Ravens1991
05-25-2007, 09:08 AM
that sounds good.

America
05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I really wish both could stay. It really looks like Boller will not be retained after the offseason. So keeping those two guys on the roster should definately be in the minds of Ozzie.

BigDawg819
05-25-2007, 02:13 PM
The job is Drew's to lose so I hope Troy likes the practice squad because Olsen is winning that spot, mark it down!

Troj2man
05-25-2007, 03:02 PM
I think Troy Smith makes the team over Drew Olson. His number is NFL Europa are really not that impressive. Granted it is full of borderline NFL players. I just think Smith has more tools than Olson. Smith is going to have to have a major meltdown to land on the practice squad.

Ravens1991
05-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I agree Trojman, at one point Troy was considered late 1st talent, I hope we can some how keep both just in case Boller leaves.

BigDawg819
05-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I agree Trojman, at one point Troy was considered late 1st talent, I hope we can some how keep both just in case Boller leaves.

Yeah and one point Ryan Leaf was considered a better prospect then Peyton Manning, speculation is irrelevant it will come down to play on the field. Drew has been in the system longer and is showing his stuff in Europe while Troy is working out. Drew will win that job!

SeanTaylorRIP
05-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Olson has a big advantage being here longer, but Tsmizzle is a better QB.

Ravens1991
05-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah and one point Ryan Leaf was considered a better prospect then Peyton Manning, speculation is irrelevant it will come down to play on the field. Drew has been in the system longer and is showing his stuff in Europe while Troy is working out. Drew will win that job!

Leaf VS. Peyton Manning has nothing to do with Troy Smith VS. Olsen, Peyton Manning is a better prospect then Dante Cullpepper and he turned out better then Cullpepper. I just think we will keep Smith around because he has decent potential.

ccB
05-25-2007, 07:04 PM
9 td's compared to 7 INT's is super impressive we defintely need this guy on our team..........

Yung Flippa
05-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Sounds good, I would want Troy Smith. But If we can keep both I would do that, because Kyle Boller is probably not going to be re-signed

ChefMike
05-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Well I think we need to carry both on the roster including Boller.... or Maybe trade Boller before training camp for a 4th or 3rd in next years draft would be a GREAT pick up, then we can have both Olsen and Smith on the Roster and let them both get reps for the 2nd Team..... Since its widely agreed upon that we are not going to retain Boller at the end of the Year...

Ravens1991
05-27-2007, 09:25 AM
but the thing is, say McNair gets hurt, both QB dont have a lot of expierence in the system

EdReedUnstoppable
05-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Well I think we need to carry both on the roster including Boller.... or Maybe trade Boller before training camp for a 4th or 3rd in next years draft would be a GREAT pick up, then we can have both Olsen and Smith on the Roster and let them both get reps for the 2nd Team..... Since its widely agreed upon that we are not going to retain Boller at the end of the Year...

HAHAHA!! Yeah lets trade Kyle so when McNair gets hurt we rely on Drew friggin Olson or a rookie in Troy Smith, thats a smart move.

Xonraider
05-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I think Smith will keep the job, considering Drew's hype isn't as big as Troy's.