PDA

View Full Version : Why your football team sucks

BlindSite
05-26-2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.superawesomewow.com/ReDesign/SAW-phpFeaturesArticle-000.php?idx=71

Its old, like from last year, but still a pretty funny article.

Shiver
05-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Uh, that is from last year...

BlindSite
05-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Dude, I said that...

Shiver
05-26-2007, 01:36 AM
I know, I just don't get the relevance.

BlindSite
05-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Just lock if you want to, you're a mod.

GiantRutgersFan
05-26-2007, 01:37 AM
dude whats the point in having a year old article? I probably would have liked this thread, a year ago

Shiver
05-26-2007, 01:39 AM
I am trying to think if we've discussed this article last year, but I cannot remember. I could lock it, by it's the slow time of the year, so might as well mock what was right/wrong about the criticisms. There is nothing else to talk about. I would rather examine this, rather than debating "top-5 at *postion*" again, I guess.

(By the way, it is really hard to type right now. It is late, I should be in bed, and my head hurts.)

The Unseen
05-26-2007, 01:44 AM
dude whats the point in having a year old article? I probably would have liked this thread, a year ago

Eli Burress is a great name.

stl9erfan
05-26-2007, 02:05 AM
This line for the 49ers makes me laugh:

"I can’t name one Niners player other than Alex Smith and Vernon Davis and that’s because those were the most recent first round picks. Do they even have a running back or did they completely do away with their running game so they can get another #1 overall draft pick? "

lol... my how things change...

Caddy
05-26-2007, 02:17 AM
"The Bucs are playing this season differently than other teams, opting for quantity over quality. They seem to think if they get enough mediocre players, it’ll be like having one good player. The Bucs don’t realized that it doesn’t matter if you put Chris Simms, Tim Rattay and Jay Fielder together, you’re not going to get Johnny Unitas."

Ehh.. Awfully reminiscent of this offseason.

OzTitan
05-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Heh the Titans one made me laugh too. Plus I don't recall Henry ever asking to be traded *shrug*

Jay
05-26-2007, 06:53 AM
so I hope you like an untested rookie taken 118th overall in the draft.

We do, thanks for asking!

skinzzfan25
05-26-2007, 07:42 AM
"Washington Redskins:
I don’t know if the Daniel Synder and the Redskins are trying to pull off some Bill Veeck/Eddie Gadel stunt, but it’s not funny and will cost them numerous games. I’m talking about, of course, bringing in an all-midget cast of wide receivers. With the majority of the receiving core under 6 feet; Daniel Synder obviously thought bringing the Lollipop Guild would boost morale. Now, I am all for midgets, they make anything instantly 3 feet funnier, but to have them line up against normal sized football players is just cruel."

...That's the best he could come up with? Our short receivers? I thought there were worse things in our organization XD

Addict
05-26-2007, 08:08 AM

Well then let's update it, why will your team SUCK next year... this should be good, like an anti-homer fest :P.

draftguru151
05-26-2007, 08:57 AM
The one they have...

Miami Dolphins:
Nick Saban has thus far proven to be a good coach and they finally have a decent QB at the helm in Daunte Culpepper, but he will also be their undoing because if you think he got in trouble with strippers from Minnesota? Miami has infinitely hotter women, so once Culpepper gets arrested for soliciting a prostitute, the fate of the Dolphins will rest on Joey Harrington, but look at it this way, at least the Dolphins will get a high draft pick.

What really happened...

Miami Dolphins:
Nick Saban has thus far proven to be a good coach and they finally have a decent QB at the helm in Daunte Culpepper, but he will also be their undoing because if you think he got injured Minnesota? Miami has infinitely worse lineman, so once Culpepper gets injured for getting sacked, the fate of the Dolphins will rest on Joey Harrington, but look at it this way, at least the Dolphins will get a high draft pick.

WOW.

Addict
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM
indeed scarily similar.

Xonraider
05-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Oakland Raiders:
The Oakland Raiders are really preparing for the worst this season and not really trying to do anything to make things better. This is evident by their quarterback position; they signed two back-up quarterbacks, but have yet to sign a starter. Obviously they can't think Aaron Brooks can start in this league anymore and didn't make things any better by signing Jeff George. I'll state that again: they signed Jeff George. Are you kidding me? I thought he was dead. I'd rather have Todd Marinovich as my quarterback than Jeff George. However, George does fit the Raiders team, a has-been lunatic with marginal talent. But that's ok because their defense is terrible and you know what they say, offense loses games, defense loses games by wide margins.

Eh, that is probably right except for the part of our defense sucking.

elway777
05-26-2007, 11:51 AM

You are in no position to state the importance of any thread.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-26-2007, 12:06 PM
right about to say that myself.

Addict
05-26-2007, 12:12 PM
You are in no position to state the importance of any thread.

how's that? his threads are always very relevant and useful...
if relevant and useful means stupid and annoying, of course

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-26-2007, 12:13 PM
how do you make your posts invisible?

Addict
05-26-2007, 12:15 PM
how do you make your posts invisible?

ah, my favorite passtime. Basically you put the color on white... which is done by [ color=white] and then when you're done posting the white text just put [/color] and tadaaa you've go yourself invisible text.

like so, see, it's super useful and people won't see it unless they highlight your post or quote you

Hope it helps you out.

draftguru151
05-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Size 0 was so much cooler than the white font.

Xonraider
05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Size 0 was so much cooler than the white font.

I agree.. NOT

OhioState
05-26-2007, 03:37 PM
the lions one is funny. it just makes fun of them taking the recievers and look, now the have another top five at WR

Don Vito
05-26-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.superawesomewow.com/pics/NFL_TEXANS.jpgHouston Texans:
The Texans might surprise a lot of people this year; David Carr is poised for a breakout season and will be helped out a lot by Reggie Bush. This enables them to use play action fakes and a more effective ground game. He can also be slotted as a 3rd or 4th receiver and can return punts and kick offs. Thanks to Reggie Bush, the Texans running game should not be messed withÖWhatís that? They didnít? A defensive end? Really? Iíve never heard of him. OK, scratch that, the Texans are gonna suck again this year.

haha good stuff