PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's Early 2008 Rankings

Matthew Jones
05-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Will update as I get time.

Quarterback:

1. Brian Brohm, Louisville (6'4"/226)
Has everything you look for in an NFL quarterback - size, intelligence, and accuracy.

2. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky (6'5"/230)
Put up very impressive numbers in the tough SEC and might be this year's Jay Cutler.

3. John David Booty, Southern Cal (6'3"/210)
An incredible performance in the Rose Bowl really boosted his stock - had an excellent year.

4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii (6'3"/196)
Extremely fast delivery and an excellent arm and accuracy but stats are vastly inflated.

5. Chad Henne, Michigan (6'2"/224)
Perhaps the most consistent quarterback in the class, but hasn't won some big games.

6. Erik Ainge, Tennessee (6'6"/220)
Has great size and he returned to the form he showed as a freshman in his junior year.

7. Matt Ryan, Boston College (6'5"/218)
A bit inconsistent and his placement is based more on measurables, but has a nice arm.

8. Sam Keller, Arizona St. (6'4"/230)
Sat out last year as a transfer but had a pretty productive 2005 and good size.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I disagree with Chad Henne being the most consistent. In fact, I think he's probably the most inconsistent. Also, Ainge didn't have a great freshman year.

princefielder28
05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
I think Keller will rise as the year progresses. Why Carpenter was ever given the job at Arizona State over him is a great mystery.

Volsman98
05-28-2007, 09:33 AM
What are you talking about. Ainge had a great freshman year. Led us to HUGE wings against Florida and Georgia. His only bad game was against Auburn where he threw 3 picks. People were saying he was going to be better than Peyton. Then he got hurt and his sophomore year was horrible.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-28-2007, 09:41 AM
What are you talking about. Ainge had a great freshman year. Led us to HUGE wings against Florida and Georgia. His only bad game was against Auburn where he threw 3 picks. People were saying he was going to be better than Peyton. Then he got hurt and his sophomore year was horrible.

Oops, I got his Sophomore year and his Freshman year mixed up... I thought his Freshman year was that battle with Rick Clausen.

P-L
05-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I disagree with Chad Henne being the most consistent. In fact, I think he's probably the most inconsistent. Also, Ainge didn't have a great freshman year.
No offense, but I find it funny you say Henne is the most inconsistent and then mention Erik Ainge in the next sentance.

OhioState
05-28-2007, 10:43 AM
i can't wait for Ryan this year, i think he could be pretty good

Matthew Jones
05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Look at Henne's stats for all three years, they're very similar.

Michigan
05-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Henne is the epitome of a "has all the tools but is very inconsistent" prospect.