PDA

View Full Version : RIP - Marquise Hill

remix 6
05-28-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl052807tplsu.1aa969dc.html

he fell of a jetski and has been missing for over 12 hours.

Hes a Patriots DE..was a 2nd rounder..a bust you can say but this is terrible news. Please, put Marquise in your prayers

bennybee38
05-28-2007, 08:54 AM
thats messed up. hopefully hes just chillen somewhere

SeanTaylorRIP
05-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Wow this is awful, hopefully he's still out there, or already safe.

JustJoe2k5
05-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll pray for the best, but it doesn't look good.

Don Vito
05-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Christ he hasn't done anything for us but he's been a great citizen and you don't want this to happen to anyone. I hope everything turns out alright.

Ravens1991
05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
wow my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

neko4
05-28-2007, 10:38 AM
God this has been a tragic year in sports, I hope they find him

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow, was he riding alone? That's horrible...

remix 6
05-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow, was he riding alone? That's horrible...

no. he and some woman were riding without life vests at night. must of hit something because they fell off at 9 PM last night and he saved her life while he got her to a buoy but when a ship spotted them..they tried to make a turn, by the time they did..Hill dissappeared into the dark and hasnt been seen since

reports say they found the jetski but not Marquise.

edit: report says a strong current knocked them off the jetski

JustJoe2k5
05-28-2007, 12:44 PM
It has been changed from a "rescue" mission to a "recovery" mission, that is never good. My thoughts are with his family.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Why the **** weren't they wearing life vests? Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Still though, I hope they find them.

DorianSmith
05-28-2007, 12:48 PM
wow this is bad why wasnt he wearing a vest was it in the Ocean???

remix 6
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
wow this is bad why wasnt he wearing a vest was it in the Ocean???

Lake Pontchartrain..huge lake by the gulf

JustJoe2k5
05-28-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.wdsu.com/news/13399464/detail.html

Presumed drowned.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 01:01 PM
im still holding out hope. come on baby. give us a sign

JustJoe2k5
05-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Lt. Steve McManus of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries said officials decided to focus on recovering Hill's body after witnesses saw him go under the water without resurfacing. Authorities are trying to determine with the help of family members Hill's exact location at the time he and a woman fell from the craft, McManus said.

Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said the Coast Guard has crews in a helicopter and boat searching the lake near the Industrial Canal. Wildlife and Fisheries also is participating in the effort with another boat.

A man and woman were reported falling into the water from a recreational craft about 9 p.m. Sunday. They apparently were heading to the Seabrook boat launch. The Orleans Levee Board Police said that a passing boat had briefly picked up the man, but he jumped back in the water to look for the woman.

The woman was rescued after a passerby heard someone calling for help. The woman had apparently grabbed onto a piling or other structure in the lake.

If he is gone, he went out a hero.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 01:06 PM

i've heard 2 different things.

1.) he jumped back into water like you posted

and

2.) He led her to a buoy and then he drifted away as the rescue boat was making a turn to save them

JustJoe2k5
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Gets a little stranger, here is an unrelated story from the exact same day:

Man dies trying to save wife:
A man is dead after he tried to rescue his wife in Lake Pontchartrain. Authorities say the woman was riding a jet ski near the Mandeville Harbor. The woman fell off, and the man jumped in to save her. He drowned before he could get to his wife. Another boater rescued the woman.

This probably attributed to the various reports of the incident.

Jay
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Just awful. I have a very strong feeling this is going to turn into a RIP Marquise Hill thread. :(

A Patriot dying on Memorial Day... what irony...

GiantRutgersFan
05-28-2007, 01:14 PM
damn. And you guys cant say why not wear a life vest. i mean come on bro no one wheres a life vest.

Cashmoney
05-28-2007, 01:59 PM
This is a strange and sad story. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves in the news as opposed to being a sidenote to a Mike vick story.

princefielder28
05-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Sad story, a time when somebody is just having fun living his life, and then possibly it turns tragic

SubNoize
05-28-2007, 02:26 PM
damn. And you guys cant say why not wear a life vest. i mean come on bro no one wheres a life vest.

Dude I always wear a life vest, it may not look "cool" but I know that it can save my life. that's like saying "C'mon nobody wears a seatbelt."

JF4
05-28-2007, 02:30 PM
This is terrible, thoughts and prayers to the Hill family.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 02:42 PM
They found the body
im at a loss of words. i cant believe it. a young man who fulfilled his dreams of making it to NFL..a role model to the community. Why do bad things happen to the innocent..the good...the good people of the world.

a heroic effort by Marquise to save a fellow friend while risking his life. May god be with the friends..family..teammates and fans of Marquise Hill.

RIP

bills_red
05-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't care don't like the Past, but yea wish it didn't happen.

Ewing
05-28-2007, 02:52 PM

If he did die while trying to save that woman than I am truly upset and I admire him. However, if he died because he was too stupid to wear a life vest then I have no sympathy.

neko4
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM
If he did die while trying to save that woman than I am truly upset and I admire him. However, if he died because he was too stupid to wear a life vest then I have no sympathy.

Both are true

Its sad anyway.

Ewing
05-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Both are true

Its sad anyway.

So he wasn't wearing a life vest but he jumped back in the water to save the chick? If that's the case then I admire him for trying to save another's life. My point was if he just fell off the jetski and drowned because of not wearing a life vest then I wouldn't have felt sad at all.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 03:01 PM
So he wasn't wearing a life vest but he jumped back in the water to save the chick? If that's the case then I admire him for trying to save another's life. My point was if he just fell off the jetski and drowned because of not wearing a life vest then I wouldn't have felt sad at all.

he could of been saved but the lady might not have. He put his life at risk to save her and they lost track of him and he dissapeared

HEROIC

GiantRutgersFan
05-28-2007, 03:10 PM

dude ****. not everyone is perfect. and not everyone wants to look like a tool by wearing a life vest. he didnt do 1 thing perfect and you want to kill him for it.

he went out a hero and saved a young ladys life. I guess that kind of thing is the difference between the Patriots and a head stomping, stripper beating, bouncer shooting team like the Titans.

Jay
05-28-2007, 03:12 PM
RIP Marquise. :(

Cashmoney
05-28-2007, 03:13 PM
dude ****. not everyone is perfect. and not everyone wants to look like a tool by wearing a life vest. he didnt do 1 thing perfect and you want to kill him for it.

he went out a hero and saved a young ladys life. I guess that kind of thing is the difference between the Patriots and a head stomping, stripper beating, bouncer shooting team like the Titans.

Please don't throw my whole team under the bus because of a few players stupidity. The titans have many stand out players on the field and in the community as well. This thread is for remembering marquise hill, not bashing each other.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I couldn't believe the news when I first heard about Darrent Williams, then a month later Damien Nash and now Marquise Hill. What a sad off-season it has been for the whole league.

RIP Marquise.

Ewing
05-28-2007, 03:21 PM

You're right, why look like a "tool" and live when you can look cool and die. I totally see your logic. I never said I wanted him dead but it's like the Josh Hancock thing. I have no empathy for anybody who is stupid enough to drive while drunk, not wear a seatbelt, and talk on a cellphone. That's just pure stupidity and Hancock brought it on himself. As for Hill, some of the blame for his death has to go on not wearing a life vest. If any good can come from this it will be for raising awareness about safety while out in the water. If he did actually go out and rescue that girl than the man is a hero regardless. However, it's not known if that is true at this time.

You're a complete and total idiot for trying to flame me about the Titans in a thread like this.

Jay
05-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Just cut the ****. Seriously. A young man has lost his life. Everything positive you say is negated by acting like a jerk and an idiot. Just stop.

That goes for everyone. I agree about the life jacket thing. There's not two ways about it and it should go without saying. But seriously, there's no need to turn this into an argument...

Makaveli
05-28-2007, 03:24 PM
just cuz he didnt wear a lifevest, you are going to say he deserved it??

man people here are heartless

Ewing
05-28-2007, 03:26 PM
just cuz he didnt wear a lifevest, you are going to say he deserved it??

man people here are heartless

Are people on here incapable of reading posts? I said that if he died by falling off the jetski and then drowning because of not wearing a life vest then I wouldn't feel sad. I didn't say he deserved it.

Jay
05-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Seriously, just drop it. That's not what he meant. What's done is done. Should he have been wearing one? Absolutely. Just let the man RIP.

princefielder28
05-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Thats just wrong and inhumane

T-RICH49
05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
R.I.P Marquise

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
05-28-2007, 03:53 PM
My point was if he just fell off the jetski and drowned because of not wearing a life vest then I wouldn't have felt sad at all.

So if one of your family members or a close friend just falls off a jetski and drowns because they're not wearing a life vest for whatever reason, you won't feel bad at all? You're being a jackass and you need to just stop.

RIP Marquise Hill.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/players/6822.jpg

brat316
05-28-2007, 03:58 PM
i hope they find the guy. But on a slight off note if he is not found a presumed dead. Do the Pats get a comp pick,

Also with taht the broncos lost their CB (May he rest in peace) but do they get a comp pick next yr. OR no beacuse they got Bly.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 03:59 PM
i hope they find the guy. But on a slight off note if he is not found a presumed dead. Do the Pats get a comp pick,

Also with taht the broncos lost their CB (May he rest in peace) but do they get a comp pick next yr. OR no beacuse they got Bly.

his body was alraedy found..hes dead man :(

Contr0versy
RIP. Sad situation.

Komp
RIP Marquise....my thoughts are with your friends and family....

Ewing
05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm going to clear this up for everybody in here. I feel sorry for everyone's family and friends when they die; however if they die because of a lack of personal responsibility I don't feel sad for the person themselves.

Yung Flippa
05-28-2007, 04:17 PM
He Truly is a Hero

Acreboy
05-28-2007, 04:21 PM
(10 characters)

Caddy
05-28-2007, 04:40 PM
It's terrible to see something like this happen no matter who it happens to.

RIP

keylime_5
05-28-2007, 04:44 PM
that really sucks. I hope he's alright.

TigerBait45
05-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Hes been found dead.

Its really a shame. He was a college star on LSU's national title team, and I've kinda followed his career in the NFL. He was a special player in college but he didn't bring it to the pros.

Regardless he was a really good human being and I hate to see him die so young.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 04:57 PM
that really sucks. I hope he's alright.

..you hope a dead man is alright?..i wont bother.

TitanHope
05-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Its really a shame that a life has been lost over such a preventable incident.

I saw this on First Take this morning, and they interviewed his agent. Apparently, they were riding the jetski and were making turns to jump over the wakes their ski was making. Marquise made too sharp of a turn, and the female passenger was thrown off of the jetski. They weren't wearing life jackets, and the woman couldn't swim well. Marquise jumped off the ski to save the girl, and was able to get her to safety but was unfortunately swept away in the undertoe of the lake. Thats the last time he was seen. All this came from the woman that was with him the morning after she was rescued.

When you think that not alcohol or drugs caused this death, but sheer irresponsibility, its even harder to come to grips. As someone who owns a boat, I know how important jackets are. Even on a 21 foot boat, you can be thrown off fairly easily if you aren't careful. And thats in broad daylight. As Ewing said, hopefully this helps bring awareness to water safety.

My prayers go out to his family.

remix 6
05-28-2007, 05:00 PM

I saw this on First Take this morning, and they interviewed his agent. Apparently, they were riding the jetski and were making turns to jump over the wakes their ski was making. Marquise made too sharp of a turn, and the female passenger was thrown off of the jetski. They weren't wearing life jackets, and the woman couldn't swim well. Marquise jumped off the ski to save the girl, and was able to get her to safety but was unfortunately swept away in the undertoe of the lake. Thats the last time he was seen. All this came from the woman that was with him the morning after she was rescued.

When you think that not alcohol or drugs caused this death, but sheer irresponsibility, its even harder to come to grips. As someone who owns a boat, I know how important jackets are. Even on a 21 foot boat, you can be thrown off fairly easily if you aren't careful. And thats in broad daylight. As Ewing said, hopefully this helps bring awareness to water safety.

he didnt jump off the ski..they were on it together and both fell off when they hit a tide

remix 6
05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
heres a post i put on PatsFans..straight from my heart. I know it might not have a lot to do with people here but theres a lot of parts to the general fans

start:

like i said to the bronco fans when Darrent passed. im gonna preach right now and damn right im fking pissed.

WHY. I ask WHY..do we mistreat players? WHY..do we bash players who might have been a bust in your eyes. WHY?

Do you realize that most of the players are just happy to EVER make it into NFL. Football aint an easy game..pro football is 1 of the hardest things to play. It requires repetition..work, effort, drive. It hurts me when a player gets bashed saying he sucks..get him out of here. PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL ITS GONE.

Im gonna be a man and admit that i have said some negative about Marquise not being able to get on the field. God will punish me for that one day. But i have always had the biggest respect for players..starters/bench or cuts. Im glad Marquise got his championship at LSU. Im glad for anyone who ever wins anything because let me tell you boys. Winning aint easy. Im glad he got a ring. Without him..we wouldnt have won the SB. We wouldnt be as good year in and year out. Without Marquise Hill and other players, we wouldnt be as good as we have been.

Why are Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green as good as they are? You think they were just that talented? NO. How do they prepare each week. Its reptition on the practice field. Who did they go up against besides offense? Each other. Hill made the people better. Beisel made some of our players better. Anyone on the practice field is a major contributor because thats where it starts.

I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy

Marquise has never been in trouble. Hes been a model citizen..hes helped around the community here, and in Louisiana. This man is what parents try to raise their children to be. They want them to be succesfull in life. Marquise is successfull because he fulfilled his dreams of playing in NFL..winning 2 big championships. Parents try to raise their children to be respectful and stay out of trouble. This man..worked hard to get to where he is. I think we should all appreciate him as a CHARACTER first..and as a PLAYER second...because theres things far more important than football

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 05:04 PM
..you hope a dead man is alright?..i wont bother.

Obviously he didn't know about them finding his body.

TitanHope
05-28-2007, 05:06 PM
God will punish me for that one day.

God will not punish you for criticizing a a football player, my friend.

TheChampIsHere
05-28-2007, 05:07 PM
RIP Marquise

Wootylicous
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Sad day

RIP Marquise....

Javes
05-28-2007, 07:08 PM
heres a post i put on PatsFans..straight from my heart. I know it might not have a lot to do with people here but theres a lot of parts to the general fans

start:

like i said to the bronco fans when Darrent passed. im gonna preach right now and damn right im fking pissed.

WHY. I ask WHY..do we mistreat players? WHY..do we bash players who might have been a bust in your eyes. WHY?

Do you realize that most of the players are just happy to EVER make it into NFL. Football aint an easy game..pro football is 1 of the hardest things to play. It requires repetition..work, effort, drive. It hurts me when a player gets bashed saying he sucks..get him out of here. PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL ITS GONE.

Im gonna be a man and admit that i have said some negative about Marquise not being able to get on the field. God will punish me for that one day. But i have always had the biggest respect for players..starters/bench or cuts. Im glad Marquise got his championship at LSU. Im glad for anyone who ever wins anything because let me tell you boys. Winning aint easy. Im glad he got a ring. Without him..we wouldnt have won the SB. We wouldnt be as good year in and year out. Without Marquise Hill and other players, we wouldnt be as good as we have been.

Why are Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green as good as they are? You think they were just that talented? NO. How do they prepare each week. Its reptition on the practice field. Who did they go up against besides offense? Each other. Hill made the people better. Beisel made some of our players better. Anyone on the practice field is a major contributor because thats where it starts.

I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy

Marquise has never been in trouble. Hes been a model citizen..hes helped around the community here, and in Louisiana. This man is what parents try to raise their children to be. They want them to be succesfull in life. Marquise is successfull because he fulfilled his dreams of playing in NFL..winning 2 big championships. Parents try to raise their children to be respectful and stay out of trouble. This man..worked hard to get to where he is. I think we should all appreciate him as a CHARACTER first..and as a PLAYER second...because theres things far more important than football

Great post, + rep

NickBam
05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
RIP Marquise

Staubach12
05-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I heard this news right after I got back from jetskeeing. Wow. Anyway, my prayers are with his family.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy.

Not when they're earning the money they're earning. I have every right to criticize them for not playing well. And I totally take offense to paragraph right there. Professional sports are not pressure. Risking your life, going into burning buildings, doing a triple bypass surgery...That is pressure. They get to do something they love to do for a living. If they fail no one dies, a burning doesn't burn down, a bank doesn't get robbed, and things like that. They just get an L in their win/loss column.

And I doubt a professional athlete can do what I do for a living either. I put in hard work every day, I train, I practice, and things like that and I only earn $9/hr. Athletes are not as talented as I am in the editing field.

I'm about sick and tired of people playing the sympathy card for these people. If you don't like the criticism, then don't play professional sports because when you are earning millions of dollars a year, we fans have every right to criticize you for not doing your job. Just like customers, bosses, and co-workers have every right to criticize those of us working in the real world if we don't do our jobs. They get to step on a stage in front of thousands of people to play the game they love. They get paid millions of dollars FOR PLAYING A GAME.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-28-2007, 08:08 PM
The people critizing him for not wearing a lifevest, hope off his dick. I'm sure you haven't always put saftey first.

RIP

shavedaeyebrow2
05-28-2007, 08:16 PM
This has just been an absolute offseason for the NFL. All the off-the-field issues and all of the deaths, this has just been a very demoralizing offseason for me personally. My prayers go out to the Hill family.

You have to wonder, what does the girl he went jet skiing with think right now. Thinking that someone sacraficed their body to save yours. That has got to be tough.

diabsoule
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
That's a shame. I remember watching him play for LSU and remember him getting drafted by the Pats. It's a terrible tragedy.

Xonraider
05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Goodell needs to be having a rough first year. A ton of things have happened and he has made good decisions like a true leader. Props to him for that.

May Hill rest in peace though, my prayers tonight shall go to his family, friends and all of those who have and still love him and his memory.

jkpigskin
05-28-2007, 08:58 PM
damn
he died a hero

RIP

Don Vito
05-28-2007, 09:05 PM
http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp?cat=SPORTS&fn=/2007/05/28/674842.html&cvqh=itn_patriots

Wow RIP. Everything was going great for the Pats this off-season, this is the worst thing that could have happened. Marquise was tabbed as a "bust" as a second round pick, but off the field all we have heard is great things about him. RIP, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Jensen
05-28-2007, 09:10 PM
RIP Marquise.

And all of you saying he should have been wearing a life vest, I'm sure you have at least gone out on the water once without a life vest. The problem is, everybody always thinks they're going to be alright and nothing bad will happen on the water. Turns out, sometimes bad things happen.

cunningham06
05-28-2007, 09:21 PM
That sucks, RIP Marquise.

sweetness34
05-28-2007, 09:38 PM
....Now that my rant is done, RIP Marquise. As far as I could tell he was a good guy and it's sad to see good guys go like this.

JF4
05-28-2007, 10:16 PM
RIP

He died a hero.

ricky bobby
05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
A guy that went to my church died from a jetski accident last year at right about this time of the year also. Tried to jump a wave but must have mistimed it or something. Flew up into the air, came down and smacked against the jetski, lost consicousness and broke his back. Not sure whether he died from the impact or drowning. Only 24 years old, RIP

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-28-2007, 10:48 PM
R.I.P Marquise Hill - May those games up in heaven be more fruitful with your addition.

saintsfan912
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM

If he was swept away by the undertoe, a lifejacket wouldnt have helped him anyways. Undertoe's are no joke, especially in that Lake.

Hawk
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM

So you dont wear a life vest cause you don't want to look like a tool? I live close to a lake and everyone wears a life vest, if you dont then your an idiot. From what I've heard, Hill was a great person in the community and I pray for his family and applaud him for trying to save her, but not wearing a life vest is so dumb.

49erfaithful
05-28-2007, 11:01 PM
may he rest in peace

Paul
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
What a terrible off-season. first Derrent now Hill. May he RIP.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-28-2007, 11:13 PM
What a terrible off-season. first Derrent now Hill. May he RIP.

Damien Nash as well. Tough offseason for the NFL indeed.

saintsfan912
05-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Its been tough for the NFL and LSU as well. First Mike V dies, now Marquise. Coupled with Pokey quitting as basketball coach and Perriloux being a ******. Its been a rough patch for Baton Rouge. This season is for Marquise and Mike and I can assure you, the team wont let them down. National Champs this year!

M.O.T.H.
05-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Shocked when I saw this today...awful, just awful.

Flyboy
05-29-2007, 02:43 AM
R.I.P. to you, Marquise.

ricky bobby
05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Hate to sound heartless, but he broke several laws which may have led to his death. I also heard he was with a female other than his fiance. My sympathy meter isn't moving much. A tragedy nonetheless.

remix 6
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Hate to sound heartless, but he broke several laws which may have led to his death. I also heard he was with a female other than his fiance. My sympathy meter isn't moving much. A tragedy nonetheless.

he was with a HS friend..i guess when you have a fiancee or wife you cant hang out with a long time friend? who knows when the last time hes seen her and other friends..hes a football player..you dont get a lot of time to go back home and visit for a long time

Vikes99ej
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM
RIP... it seems like it happens to the best people.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
05-29-2007, 11:47 AM

when u got out at night most people do. during the day maybe not, but if its late and u lose visibility they should be. although i agree that most people don't.

JetMan
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM

I must say the ignorance on this board is unbelievable.

you are 100% correct, why would anyone take safety when it's at the expense of looking cool, especially when it's 9'clock at night.
Hey, but according to you, atleast he's not a tool.

Acreboy
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
When I die, I hope it's during a heroic act.

ricky bobby
05-29-2007, 01:43 PM
When I die, I hope it's during a heroic act.
I wonder if this hero story is true, or just sensationalism. The Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch stories were blown out of proportion for that reason. Fool me once...

Splat
05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
RIP my thoughts and prays to his family friends and teammates.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Not when they're earning the money they're earning. I have every right to criticize them for not playing well. And I totally take offense to paragraph right there. Professional sports are not pressure. Risking your life, going into burning buildings, doing a triple bypass surgery...That is pressure. They get to do something they love to do for a living. If they fail no one dies, a burning doesn't burn down, a bank doesn't get robbed, and things like that. They just get an L in their win/loss column.

And I doubt a professional athlete can do what I do for a living either. I put in hard work every day, I train, I practice, and things like that and I only earn $9/hr. Athletes are not as talented as I am in the editing field.

I'm about sick and tired of people playing the sympathy card for these people. If you don't like the criticism, then don't play professional sports because when you are earning millions of dollars a year, we fans have every right to criticize you for not doing your job. Just like customers, bosses, and co-workers have every right to criticize those of us working in the real world if we don't do our jobs. They get to step on a stage in front of thousands of people to play the game they love. They get paid millions of dollars FOR PLAYING A GAME.

Really, they do what they love for 16-19 days per year. The rest of the time, they are doing things they most likely do not love, such as running their butts off, lifting their butts off, being in meetings that last several hours and memorizing 500-page playbooks. Sure, they get paid a lot. But if 50,000 people were wiling to pay $100 a piece and then buy $6 beer to see a surgery or a fire being put out, firefighters and surgeons would get that money. Let's not forget, every time they step out on the field, they're putting their body on the line. We've all seen what can happen to football players on the field and how that can really affect their life. Those same hazards are not present in being a cashier, or an editor, or almost anything. Only things like soldier, police officer and firefighter have more of a risk(off the top of my head. there could be more). Also, any player in the NFL is better at what they do than 98% of the world. The top 2% of other professions get paid similar to football players. Can anyone here really say theyre in the top 2 percentile for what they do? Probably not.

saintsfan912
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Really, they do what they love for 16-19 days per year. The rest of the time, they are doing things they most likely do not love, such as running their butts off, lifting their butts off, being in meetings that last several hours and memorizing 500-page playbooks. Sure, they get paid a lot. But if 50,000 people were wiling to pay $100 a piece and then buy $6 beer to see a surgery or a fire being put out, firefighters and surgeons would get that money. Let's not forget, every time they step out on the field, they're putting their body on the line. We've all seen what can happen to football players on the field and how that can really affect their life. Those same hazards are not present in being a cashier, or an editor, or almost anything. Only things like soldier, police officer and firefighter have more of a risk(off the top of my head. there could be more). Also, any player in the NFL is better at what they do than 98% of the world. The top 2% of other professions get paid similar to football players. Can anyone here really say theyre in the top 2 percentile for what they do? Probably not.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I cant stand these douche bags that dont feel sympathy for a man that died or saying that he deserved it. That's a pathetic excuse for a human being if you ask me.

Green Bay Scat
05-29-2007, 11:02 PM
i wonder if a little life vest would really make a difference for a 300lb dude. When i wear one, it doesnt help me THAT much, but i dont have to kick a lot, and im 290lbs

RIP

Acreboy
05-31-2007, 01:49 PM
RIP Gentile Giant

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=25770&pcid=111

Moses
05-31-2007, 01:51 PM
i wonder if a little life vest would really make a difference for a 300lb dude. When i wear one, it doesnt help me THAT much, but i dont have to kick a lot, and im 290lbs

RIP

There are life vests available for all different weights. If you're 300 lbs. wearing a life jacket for a 100 lb. kid, it probably won't help much. If you get the right life jacket, it could save your life.

tom
05-31-2007, 02:11 PM
I can't believe all these people saying "he should have worn a life vest" or "he broke so many laws"... only homosexuals live be the rules and wear life vests... real men take risks, and that's what he did.

I think that he wanted to die there rather than be rescued, cause he was a real man. It's a great loss, and the only positive thing I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a patriots fan.

Moses
05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I can't believe all these people saying "he should have worn a life vest" or "he broke so many laws"... only homosexuals live be the rules and wear life vests... real men take risks, and that's what he did.

I think that he wanted to die there rather than be rescued, cause he was a real man. It's a great loss, and the only positive thing I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a patriots fan.

Wow...

That is one of the dumbest collection of thoughts I've ever read.

Splat
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow...

Could not agree more.

Acreboy
05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Could not agree more.Finally, someone said something more stupid than me..

saintsfan912
05-31-2007, 03:50 PM

RIP

A lifejacket wouldn't have made a bit of difference in those waters. He was in a bad area of Lake Ponchatrain where ships go in and out of, thus swirling waters and undertoes. Word is an undertoe took him under and even with a lifejacket, he wouldn't have survived after being pulled under.

tom
06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow...

That's cool dude... you can call me whatever you like, but at least I'm not a homosexual...