PDA

View Full Version : Back in the day...

Ravens1991
05-28-2007, 10:21 AM
This is a thread to reminise about the past of the Ravens.

Anybody remember that RB named Jason Green or something, he was a rookie that started like 2 games at the end of the season that Jamal hurt his knee. He started talking trash saying he was unstopable from 2 yards and so on. He was actually kind of decent but we cut him because of his charecter issues. Then he went to GB and they wanted to add a couple of plays to his playbook, but he refused so he is out of the league now.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-28-2007, 10:28 AM

Anybody remember that RB named Jason Green or something, he was a rookie that started like 2 games at the end of the season that Jamal hurt his knee. He started talking trash saying he was unstopable from 2 yards and so on. He was actually kind of decent but we cut him because of his charecter issues. Then he went to GB and they wanted to add a couple of plays to his
playbook, but he refused so he is out of the league now.

Are you referring to #44 Jason Brookings? If so then yes I do remember he and Terry Allen starting games that year, but Brookings got arrested with a ton of herb on him so don't expect him to make a comeback anywhere anytime soon.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Anybody remember pre-season stud white guy WRs Justin Armour(99-01) and Travis LaTendresse(06-07)?

Ravens1991
05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
yea I remember Justin Armour, he got a ton of offensive pass interference calls. And I remember LaTendresse tore up the Redskins in that scrimmage.

Ravens1991
05-28-2007, 10:34 AM
How about Leon Searcy, I think he was our RT our superbowl year, we got him from the Jags when we had a bitter rivlary

EdReedUnstoppable
05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
How about Leon Searcy, I think he was our RT our superbowl year, we got him from the Jags when we had a bitter rivlary

Leon "Constantly on the side line in street clothes" Searcy, that guy was hurt from the day he got here til the day he left, he made us all say thank God for Harry Swayne.

Ravens1991
05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Does anybody remeber that game with Grbac against the Jags, he led us on a game winning drive w/ Shannon Sharpe getting the game winning TD, that was great.

Troj2man
05-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Does anybody remeber that game with Grbac against the Jags, he led us on a game winning drive w/ Shannon Sharpe getting the game winning TD, that was great.

I think Tony Banks was the QB of that game if it's the game I think you're talking about. I think that was the first time we beat the Jaguars at home or something like that.

Ravens1991
05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I am not sure, I thought it was Grbac, does anybody remember that one Jets game, C-mac took a 100 yard INT, plus Jermaine Lewis wife had a miscarrige and Jermaine tore it up and had like 300 return yards and 2 TD

EdReedUnstoppable
05-29-2007, 09:06 AM
I am not sure, I thought it was Grbac, does anybody remember that one Jets game, C-mac took a 100 yard INT, plus Jermaine Lewis wife had a miscarrige and Jermaine tore it up and had like 300 return yards and 2 TD

Your both right about the Jags games your reffering too, 1991 yours was from the year after the Superbowl year, and the other is the Superbowl year the win I refer too as the greatest regular season game in Ravens history (first time we beat the Jaguars, gave us the confidence we could beat anyone, wnet on to win a SUPERBOWL!!!!).

And that Jets game was also known as my birthday party at the game!!!!

Am I the only old geezer here who remembers sitting in the endzone seats at Memorial Stadium those first couple years?

Ravens1991
05-29-2007, 11:26 AM
haha My B-day was the first ever regular season game in Ravens history, I turned 5 and I got to go to the game. It was a great day. I remember memorial stadium, I went there like twice because I was little. I remember a Miami game, were our seats were I could see Dan Marino on the sideline, I was so happy I was hitting my mom saying "Mommy thats the guy on the glove commercial". I didnt give a hoot that he was one of the greatest QB ever.

jkpigskin
05-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Anybody remember that RB named Jason Green or something, he was a rookie that started like 2 games at the end of the season that Jamal hurt his knee. He started talking trash saying he was unstopable from 2 yards and so on. He was actually kind of decent but we cut him because of his charecter issues. Then he went to GB and they wanted to add a couple of plays to his playbook, but he refused so he is out of the league now.

i rememeber that terrible year. We had 3 different main backs that year: Jason Brookings, Terry Allen, and Moe Williams

i dont think searcy played a down for us

that was definatly tony banks. I remember it clearly. Jimmy Smith had 200+ recieving yards that game. Banks had 5 TD's. Priest was starting at RB, and after Sharpe caught the TD, he did his dance

that was our final game of our superbowl year. Testerverde torched us for 400+ yards but we intercepted him a bunch of times. This game also cost us the #1 defense rating for that year but we held the jets to enough points to set the new record for points allowed. CMac took it to the house i remmeber and i remember that Jermaine had a huge game in honor of his lost son. He did it again in the superbowl

jkpigskin
05-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Remember the years without a #1 reciever?
Remember our past recievers
Michael Jackson
Derrick Alexander
Brandon Stokley
Quadry Ismail
Patrick Johnson
Kevin Johnson

prob some more

and wow, we've had a wide assortment of QB's (if they were in their prime, we would have been good)
Vinny
Eric Zeir
Jim Harbaugh
Scott Michell
Randall Cunningham
Tony Banks
Trent Dilfer
Elvis
Chris Redman
more?

dcarey20
05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Qadry Ismail is probably my favorite "old school" Raven.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2007, 09:41 PM
that was definatly tony banks. I remember it clearly. Jimmy Smith had 200+ recieving yards that game. Banks had 5 TD's. Priest was starting at RB, and after Sharpe caught the TD, he did his dance

He is talking about the game in Jacksonville the year after the Superbowl where Grbac found Sharpe in the back of the endzone with less than a minute left to win.

Ravens1991
05-31-2007, 08:57 AM
I think the game Banks had 5 TDs was against Tennesse, the same game Tennesse 50 year old center Bruce Mathews broke some record.

jkpigskin
05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
I think the game Banks had 5 TDs was against Tennesse, the same game Tennesse 50 year old center Bruce Mathews broke some record.

nah, that was against jacksonville,
ill find a link

jkpigskin
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
dug way back into the sun
i remember reading that headline

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens11sep11,0,2380238.story?coll=bal-football-storyutil