PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards Tirade...

sweetness34
11-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Anyonelse see Braylon go off on Charlie Frye? I guess his explanation was that he as trying to get his guys fired up or something like that.

All I know is that it didn't look good at all. I guess I believe him but it really looked like he was attacking his QB there.

What are your guys' thoughts on things like this where the WR goes after the QB in general?

11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
I think Braylon is a hard-working, high-effort guy whose stuck in a situation where he can't flourish and he's frustrated about it. I understand it a whole lot more than when I see Plaxico or Antonio Bryant throw a temper tantrum because their QB got sacked, but they were open once the CB saw the sack and pulled off them.

danman253
11-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Braylon is in a bad situation. He has the worst QB in football and all Frye does is stare down one WR a game, usually Soldier. I would not call it a tirade, he is just trying to get frye to play football.

Raiderz4Life
11-26-2006, 11:31 PM
He went at his O-Line not Frye

11-26-2006, 11:33 PM

They have an o-line? Who all is on it?

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-26-2006, 11:33 PM
He went at his O-Line not Fryereally i saw otherwise.
as long as its not like TO and not consistent.Edwards is a competitor and just wants to win.

TIP
11-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Anyonelse see Braylon go off on Charlie Frye? I guess his explanation was that he as trying to get his guys fired up or something like that.

All I know is that it didn't look good at all. I guess I believe him but it really looked like he was attacking his QB there.

What are your guys' thoughts on things like this where the WR goes after the QB in general?

Thats frustration stemming from the browns abysmal play.

rainbeaukid2
11-26-2006, 11:58 PM

no, it looked like he went after frye

sweetness34
11-26-2006, 11:59 PM

Um yea he did go after Frye, he grabbed Charlie's jersey.

Komp
11-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Yah he was going straight for Frye from what I saw. I'd rather have a guy frustrated cause he wants to win than have someone mope and not even try cause he isn't "happy". We'll trade you Moss for Braylon straight across.....we'll even throw in an offensive co-ordinator....come on...

soybean
11-27-2006, 12:16 AM
he's the new T.O. minus the skill.

danman253
11-27-2006, 12:17 AM

How exactly is that? :?

ninerfan
11-27-2006, 12:27 AM
imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count

11-27-2006, 12:31 AM
imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count
If you're an even bigger bloke who is holding back the bloke whose achieved 2/5 of nothing, it's imaginable.

danman253
11-27-2006, 12:58 AM

Yes and he has a qb that can get him the ball, and a line that allows his qb to do so.

Braylon is not a headcase, he has not once called out his team as losers or ever quit on them

CC.SD
11-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Braylon's an awesome receiver, I don't blame him for being stuck on such a crappy team. I wish to god he were a Charger.

ninerfan
11-27-2006, 02:12 AM
so you guys are saying that he has some talent then thats ok...........right?

how bout he gets out there rallies his team, works with Frye and becomes a better teamate. You know maybe put his ego aside, work with a guy playing an infinately harder position because as long as i can remember the WR can only catch passes throw to him by his QB. I'm sure bitchin and moaning to Frye will certainly improve life for everyone.

soybean
11-27-2006, 02:14 AM

well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.

The Unseen
11-27-2006, 06:25 AM
FNIA said per Peter King that Braylon Edwards was talking to Charlie Frye about how his O-line wasn't giving him time to do anything and wanted to get his attention, thus the hand-check.

danman253
11-27-2006, 07:05 AM

well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.

Braylon tried to motivate him, not take personal shots at him. He said it at his press conference.

danman253
11-27-2006, 07:06 AM
so you guys are saying that he has some talent then thats ok...........right?

how bout he gets out there rallies his team, works with Frye and becomes a better teamate. You know maybe put his ego aside, work with a guy playing an infinately harder position because as long as i can remember the WR can only catch passes throw to him by his QB. I'm sure bitchin and moaning to Frye will certainly improve life for everyone.

Wow you're ignorant. He was trying to motivate frye. He does not have an ego. Not everyone you dislike is a jerk. Braylon is one of the hardest workers around.

JustJoe2k5
11-27-2006, 07:16 AM
If Andre Johnson doesn't ***** about his situation, then all other wide receivers in the NFL shouldn't have a reason to ***** about their situation.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Just so you know there's no y in tirade.

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked **** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.

DChess
11-27-2006, 08:23 AM
i used to like edwards but after this week, i have other thoughts

he talks **** about the game sunday and he doesnt back anything up

he doesnt defend his own teammate brian russell, and says the CJ hit was un called for and cheap

then get sin the face fo the Qb on the sidelines

well at least hes good and doesnt drop passes or anything, and he's also really good at route running, so he's aloud to talk trash and yell at his teammates, because he's already accoplished so much at such a young age. so yeah he's defitnaly aloud to talk because he backs it up. :roll: :roll:

11-27-2006, 09:17 AM

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked *********** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.

Exactly.

Also, if Frye had something that atleast resembled an o-line he wouldn't have to always run for his life and dump it off to K2. Frye and Braylon are also dealing with possibly the worst, most icompetant offensive coaching staff in league. So, give them until next year to formulate your opinions, hopefully we will clean house this year as far a offensive coaches and philosophy goes.

Not to forget that it is all Frye and the o-line fault either. Braylon has not been getting open and has been dropping WAY too many balls for someone making that kind of money.

I never really wanted Braylon in the first place and if there are anymore issues i want his head.

danman253
11-27-2006, 09:35 AM

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked *********** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

I like how he takes a shot at me when he knows nothing about me, what a jerk.

BF51, I have seen at least 5 Browns games this year thanks to NFL cable packages. I have seen them against Pitt, Atlanta, San Diego, Oakland, and last weeks game

Edwards ego is nothing compared to the one of TO, Moss, or CJ. Quit acting like he is a cancer to the team.

Also if Braylon is not the leader, who is? At least he is making an effort. Its sad when a second year player is the only one who is trying o rev up the team. Just sad.

Also what does a pink suit have to do with the draft.

Also that talking crap thing. Wasn't that against the Steelers? Where he had 7 receptions for about 137 yards? Yeah, bad day at the office (assuming it was that game).

danman253
11-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Also here is an article on Braylon. Does not seem like a Ego maniac to me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqevfD5Kj0Hlep6xU6j3Mzv.uLYF?slug=ap-browns-braylonbacktracks&prov=ap&type=lgns
And he told Steelrs they were coming for them. The team, not just him, and they almost won.

The only time Braylon really has f'd up is when he called out ken lucas, who then held him to 3 catches for 30 yards

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM

BF51, I have seen at least 5 Browns games this year thanks to NFL cable packages. I have seen them against Pitt, Atlanta, San Diego, Oakland, and last weeks game

Edwards ego is nothing compared to the one of TO, Moss, or CJ. Quit acting like he is a cancer to the team.

Also if Braylon is not the leader, who is? At least he is making an effort. Its sad when a second year player is the only one who is trying o rev up the team. Just sad.

Also that talking crap thing. Wasn't that against the Steelers? Where he had 7 receptions for about 137 yards? Yeah, bad day at the office (assuming it was that game).
I didn't take a shot at you. You are unquestionably a giant mark for Michigan. There's no debate in that. None.

So because he doesn't have an ego in the same category of TO he doesn't have an ego? His mouth is a problem. Everyone in Cleveland thinks so. He said that the hit Brian Russell put on Chad Johnson earlier in the year was a cheap shot. Whether or not it was a cheap shot is beside the point. Edwards would rather take the side of an opposing player than his own teamate. That my friend is disruptive.

Again, Braylon Edwards is not the leader, or the best player on the team. There are plenty of players who actually possess leadership skills, like Willie McGinest, Andre Davis, and Charlie Frye (he may not be the best QB but I promise you that the guys would rally behind him before Braylon).

He's not the only one making an effort, and often times he drops very easliy catchable balls. Ask any Browns fan and they will tell you that. Kellen Winslow is the best offensive player on that team and it's not even close.

I watch the Browns every week. Hell I'm friends with Charlie Frye (so yes I have my bias too, but it's not against Braylon who I like and Charlie likes too), trust me when I say this, Braylon is not the leader. He's the Keyshawn Johnson of the Browns, at best.

And I just read the article you posted (kinda funny that they too reference Meshawn). That basically confirms exactely what I just said. I have no idea why you put that. He calls out his own players, his coaching staff, and routinely fails to back it up.

danman253
11-27-2006, 10:13 AM

I didn't take a shot at you. You are unquestionably a giant mark for Michigan. There's no debate in that. None.

So because he doesn't have an ego in the same category of TO he doesn't have an ego? His mouth is a problem. Everyone in Cleveland thinks so. He said that the hit Brian Russell put on Chad Johnson earlier in the year was a cheap shot. Whether or not it was a cheap shot is beside the point. Edwards would rather take the side of an opposing player than his own teamate. That my friend is disruptive.

Again, Braylon Edwards is not the leader, or the best player on the team. There are plenty of players who actually possess leadership skills, like Willie McGinest, Andre Davis, and Charlie Frye (he may not be the best QB but I promise you that the guys would rally behind him before Braylon).

He's not the only one making an effort, and often times he drops very easliy catchable balls. Ask any Browns fan and they will tell you that. Kellen Winslow is the best offensive player on that team and it's not even close.

I watch the Browns every week. Hell I'm friends with Charlie Frye (so yes I have my bias too, but it's not against Braylon who I like and Charlie likes too), trust me when I say this, Braylon is not the leader. He's the Keyshawn Johnson of the Browns, at best.

And I just read the article you posted. That basically confirms exactely what I just said. I have no idea why you put that. He calls out his own players, his coaching staff, and routinely fails to back it up.

Yes I am biased towards Michigan and I am not arguing that but its not like he is a cnacer.

He talked to Russell about the hit too, and said he did have a problem with it but was not calling him a dirty player. I don't see why he did it but he talked to the player about it and have settled it. I know Braylon drops some easy balls. That was his problem at Michigan but the games I have seen it does not seem like he is given much of a chance out there.

Braylon has been talking more than he should, but I don't think he is going to become a locker room cancer.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Nobody said he was a cancer. But there's a lot of room between being a cancer and being a leader. Braylon needs to learn to shut his mouth. That's all.

Favre4
11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
lecharles bentley.....oh wait.

ThEvIcTR
11-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow, you Browns fans are so funny. I don't hear any of you guys going off on Winslow when he has called teams out and players out. But you guys get upset when all Braylon wants to do is win. How can you not blame him, look at the college he went to. So you guys stick behind your "Soldier," but not behind one of the hardest workers in the league who doesn't go out there and ruin organizations like TO and Moss.

Uneducated biased Buckeyes is all you guys are.

11-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow, you Browns fans are so funny. I don't hear any of you guys going off on Winslow when he has called teams out and players out. But you guys get upset when all Braylon wants to do is win. How can you not blame him, look at the college he went to. So you guys stick behind your "Soldier," but not behind one of the hardest workers in the league who doesn't go out there and ruin organizations like TO and Moss.

Winslow is actually consistantly making plays and not dropping easy catches. He IS our offense and our most contructive vocal leader.

Braylon is under-performing and just being b!tchey. Big difference.

TIP
11-27-2006, 12:09 PM

well, obviously, you are clueless. T.O. is a crybaby drama queen. Braylon is trying to get Frye to pull his head outta his ass, seeing he is on an awful team. T.O. has never been on a team this bad

PalmerToCJ
11-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I honestly felt bad for Frye.

I understand Edwards frustration with how the game had gone but Frye isn't the guy he should've been mad at. Our horrid pass rush was actually killing Frye, his only mistakes were made because he had all kinds of players in his face.

I don't see it as Edwards being a TO type, they were getting embarrased and he felt he had a chance to help the offense. Afterwards you could see him talking to Frye as if to apologize, it was a heat of the moment deal.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
I honestly felt bad for Frye.

I understand Edwards frustration with how the game had gone but Frye isn't the guy he should've been mad at. Our horrid pass rush was actually killing Frye, his only mistakes were made because he had all kinds of players in his face.

I don't see it as Edwards being a TO type, they were getting embarrased and he felt he had a chance to help the offense. Afterwards you could see him talking to Frye as if to apologize, it was a heat of the moment deal.

Does anyone remember when Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning got into a heated dispute and starting pushing and shoving during the '04 Jaguars game? In "the heat of the moment" people do stupid things.

Flyboy
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Like flip off fans.

Sorry... bro. I had too. :)

Shiver
11-27-2006, 12:58 PM
In deed.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 01:07 PM

Speaking of uninformed and biased.

keylime_5
11-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Braylon is a jerk and most of us Browns fans hate him b/c he went to TSUN, but if he makes plays I'll be happy. We need a better O-Line and maybe a good QB to make that happen though

danman253
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Braylon is a jerk and most of us Browns fans hate him b/c he went to TSUN, but if he makes plays I'll be happy. We need a better O-Line and maybe a good QB to make that happen though

And that would have no corraltion with you being a Buckeye fan would it?

BMadison95
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Braylon's an awesome receiver, I don't blame him for being stuck on such a crappy team. I wish to god he were a Charger.

Funny how you never hear Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, or Andre Johnson(which someone mentioned in an earlier post) popping off about being on a "crappy" team. It's not the Browns' fault that they're cursed.

The Legend
11-28-2006, 11:54 AM
BROWNS NEED A QB

danman253
11-28-2006, 11:55 AM

Funny how you never hear Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, or Andre Johnson(which someone mentioned in an earlier post) popping off about being on a "crappy" team. It's not the Browns' fault that they're cursed.
They all get the ball though on a pretty consistent basis, Braylon does not

11-28-2006, 01:06 PM

They all get the ball though on a pretty consistent basis, Braylon does not

That is because we have K2, and Braylon doesn't get open.

Braylon just needs to settle down and pump his teams up. If he want to be great than he needs to act like it...calling people out isn't going to get him anywhere.

Also, trust me. It is not Charlie's fault, i actually think without his skills we would be even worse right now. Our offense coaching staff, philosophy, and o-line are all horrible. When we get some compatent people in those postions we should really start to see some improvement.

THIZZorDIE
11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I think Braylon is a hard-working, high-effort guy whose stuck in a situation where he can't flourish and he's frustrated about it. I understand it a whole lot more than when I see Plaxico or Antonio Bryant throw a temper tantrum because their QB got sacked, but they were open once the CB saw the sack and pulled off them.

Well said.

Raiderz4Life
11-28-2006, 08:29 PM

they said in one of the game's half time or pregame or postgame that he was telling frye that their o line was really playing with their thumbs up their ass

LonghornsLegend
11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
I can see why he was pissed, i mean they were shut out, this is a team that should at the very least score points with all the weapons, and let their D keep them close in most cases....

but braylon is the #1 wr, he has winslow, but he is THE wr they have, he isnt going to where he has an anquan boldin already, or another solid guy to take the slack off....

but braylon was pullin for frye last year, he should relax a little because he was screaming for frye to get in, now will he start his "bench frye" campaign soon?

The OUTLAW
12-01-2006, 09:19 AM

Actually Winslow has never done what Braylon did in calling out his own teammates. That was pretty inexcusable. Not to mention Winslow has been pretty remarkable this year. All you have to do is watch him catch the ball and not only break tackles but carry 2-3 defenders just so he can get an additional yard or 2. He is by far the best receiver on the team.

My problem with Braylon is that you never ever try to upstage another player especially when you run bad patterns, don't come back for the ball and tend to drop some easy balls. I don't think Braylon is a cancer, but I do believe that the losing is bothering him (it is bothering everyone). he needs to suck it up.

I'mAHustler
12-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Braylon Edwards is an pathetic. He needs to learn to catch passes instead of complaining when his team isn't playing very well, when has he taken respondibility for dropping a guarenteed TD pass in the waning moments? You don't hear him saying anything then. I don't like him or Chambers whining the way they've been this season, when you start performing then you attempt to play leader.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I heard that he was saying something along the lines of his offensive lines horrible play and showing how beaten up Frye had gotten. Either way, I like Edwards. From neither an OSU or Michigan's fan perspective, I think he's a good player. I thought he was overhyped out of college, and he really wasn't my #3 player. But he'll end up being a good receiver.

There will always be quarterback/receiver controversy. Pennington and Coles who are best of friends (Pennington named his son Cole after Laveranues), were pissed at each other during the Bears game when Pennington missing Coles in the endzone.

Stop overblowing this.

Bearsfan123
12-01-2006, 04:30 PM
How about this, Edwards and your 4th for Benson and our 5th :lol:

They are both unhappy so it could work :lol:

bearsfan_51
12-01-2006, 06:39 PM

Edwards is much more proven than Benson at this point. Although the Browns could desperately use a back like Benson.

Bearsfan123
12-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Edwards is much more proven than Benson at this point. Although the Browns could desperately use a back like Benson.

it was a joke! I was playing around.....

bearsfan_51
12-01-2006, 06:51 PM

it was a joke! I was playing around.....
I know, I'm just saying. It's not a completely outrageous statement.

The OUTLAW
12-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I heard that he was saying something along the lines of his offensive lines horrible play and showing how beaten up Frye had gotten. Either way, I like Edwards. From neither an OSU or Michigan's fan perspective, I think he's a good player. I thought he was overhyped out of college, and he really wasn't my #3 player. But he'll end up being a good receiver.

There will always be quarterback/receiver controversy. Pennington and Coles who are best of friends (Pennington named his son Cole after Laveranues), were pissed at each other during the Bears game when Pennington missing Coles in the endzone.

Stop overblowing this.

I don't care if he's talking about the offensive line or about Frye. The fact is, until his game is flawless he shouldn't be calling anyone out at all. Is he a good wide receiver? Absolutely. Has he made plays for the Browns? Without a doubt. But he has also dropped important passes, consistently allows cb's to undercut him on slants and often runs incredibly lazy routes. You clean up your act and play 100% and maybe others will learn from you example. All we'd have now is 53 players on the sideline throwing hissy fits.