PDA

View Full Version : Face 2 Face w/ Roy Firestone

ChefMike
05-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Shawne Merriman was HDNET being interviewed by Roy Firestone. He was remarking about how well he knew Ray Lewis and how much he admired him. Made me start thinking, he is a FA after the 09 season provided he doesnt sign a contract extension before then. Given the track record of San Diego with resigning players might go to say we could have a shot at bringing him to Baltimore. Now Merriman is from Maryland so we are not out of the realm of possibility. What a defense we would have with he and T-Sizzle on the edges playing OLB and Ngata and Gregg and almost anyone playing the other DE spot ! I think if San Diego fails to make it to the Super Bowl this year or next... Merriman will entertain leaving and coming back east to have a shot at winning the SB.

Also makes you think of all the great players that have come out of the area that might would have the chance of coming back to the area as a pro to play for the Ravens.

Kris Jenkins: UMD
Shawne Merriman: UMD Upper Marlboro MD
Vernon Davis: UMD Washington DC
EJ Henderson: UMD Aberdeen MD
DeAngelo Hall: Va Tech Chesapeake VA
Byron Leftwich: Marshall Washington DC
Marques Colston: Hofstra Harrisburg PA

Just to name a few..

Ravens1991
05-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I would Love T-sizzle and Merriman coming off the edge with Scott in the middle. Wow just wow.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Wishful thinking dudes.

Ravens1991
05-29-2007, 03:11 PM
A guy can dream cant he. I dought it will happen though.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Shawne Merriman was HDNET being interviewed by Roy Firestone. He was remarking about how well he knew Ray Lewis and how much he admired him. Made me start thinking, he is a FA after the 09 season provided he doesnt sign a contract extension before then. Given the track record of San Diego with resigning players might go to say we could have a shot at bringing him to Baltimore. Now Merriman is from Maryland so we are not out of the realm of possibility. What a defense we would have with he and T-Sizzle on the edges playing OLB and Ngata and Gregg and almost anyone playing the other DE spot ! I think if San Diego fails to make it to the Super Bowl this year or next... Merriman will entertain leaving and coming back east to have a shot at winning the SB.

Also makes you think of all the great players that have come out of the area that might would have the chance of coming back to the area as a pro to play for the Ravens.

Kris Jenkins: UMD
Shawne Merriman: UMD Upper Marlboro MD
Vernon Davis: UMD Washington DC
EJ Henderson: UMD Aberdeen MD
DeAngelo Hall: Va Tech Chesapeake VA
Byron Leftwich: Marshall Washington DC
Marques Colston: Hofstra Harrisburg PA

Just to name a few..

D'Qwell Jackson - UMD
Madieu Williams - UMD
Dominique Foxworth - UMD

3 of my personal favorite ex-Terps to make it in the NFL.

ChefMike
05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
It very well could happen... if he makes it to Free Agency and doesnt resign to an extention before hand... Ray Ray would defintely be doing some serious recruiting and he has a great relationship with him already, plus with all of his charitable contributions in the area it would only make things easier for him.

dcarey20
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Merriman in Baltimore would be absolutely incredible...but yes it is extremely wishful thinking.

And as for my 3 favorite ex-Terps in the league right now, it's easily Duke Davis, E.J. Henderson, and D'Qwell Jackson.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I want D'Qwell in a Ravens jersey when Ray is ready to retire!