PDA

View Full Version : What is the bigger problem for the NFL?

Phrost
05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
In your guys opinion's what is the biggest problem for the NFL? Out of these choices?

reese
05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
what choices?

Phrost
05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
what choices?

I posted them.

Neo
05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Football has by far the most successful league in professional sports compared to every other league the NFL has nothing to worry about

Phrost
05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Football has by far the most successful league in professional sports compared to every other league the NFL has nothing to worry about

I know I know, just wondering what people thought about current issues.

ninerfan
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Clearly trouble makers but its related to rookie and then proffessional contracts. We as a society put athletes up on a pedestal, give them bucket loads of cash and then let them run amuck with very little consequences. I support the NFL's bid to stamp these guys out and wish they'd go further - I dont my kids looking up to those jerks

bored of education
05-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Steroids are far less of a problem than guranteed money rising for ordinary contracts and ordinary players. But clearly the CroMagnon, immature and genetically fuct players and their off the field antics are the issue. 1 year supsensions should be throw around like beads at mardi gras, but it ssucks that the players union would never allow it.

princefielder28
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
image due to all the trouble makers

Moses
05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Trouble makers are the biggest problem because it reflects poorly on the league. Rookie contracts are a problem but one that I believe will be fixed in the next CBA.

bigbluedefense
05-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Depends on how you view this question. If you look at it from a business point of view, its the troublemakers. Because having a league of thugs makes it harder to sell tickets and merchandise.

If you look at it from a football perspective, Im gonna go with dilution of talent. The teams in today's NFL simply are not on the same level as teams from the 70s and 80s, or even the 90s for that matter. The quality at the top is not as enjoyable to watch. Parity is good for the league, but the dilution of talent does turn me off some.

brat316
05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Talent Def. Teams sign their players to huge contracts nvr letting them go and not having to worry about much becuase of the ever increasing cap. So FA is dry and its like guess work with FA players.

Also players are getting more athletic bigger, but now players are not used on everydown, they are specilzed players. Only can do certain things not everything

Xonraider
05-29-2007, 08:47 PM

Not really, at least not how I see it. FIFA is by far the most organized one in the world. The way they run things so smoothly is pretty nice. NFL is a second place though.

ricky bobby
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I picked steriods. Player conduct can be easily solved. Goddell has all the power, if the problems keep increasing, he'll bring in harsher penalties. Steriods, on the other hand, is something much more difficult to detect and exterminate.

brat316
05-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Football hasnt had it steorid scandals like baseball so i think we are still good though some players do look like they are on it but who knows maybe they are taking NO explode and protein powder

High Roller
05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Football hasnt had it steorid scandals like baseball so i think we are still good though some players do look like they are on it but who knows maybe they are taking NO explode and protein powder

Let's be for real. They just haven't taken someone to exemplify the significance of steroids in the NFL. I thought Merriman would be in a similar situation as those baseball guys but he got off lucky.
Many guys are willing to sacrifice their body using steroids to earn millions of dollars. On the other hand, many are also just naturally talented & gifted and with hardwork achieve the highest level of competition. I personally think they need to tighten the steroids/illegal supplements watch for ALL sports.

Man_Of_Steel
05-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Rookie contracts, every 5 years or so the owners and players need to come to a new agreement on money. The NHL couldnt agree and look what happened.

Mr. Stiller
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Inflation.

BigDawg819
05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I choose none of the above and instead put in my own suggestion of concussions. Too many players receive them and they have ended careers premature.