PDA

View Full Version : Breakthrough Players

NIN1984
05-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Who on your favorite team is ready to break out and have a pro bowl type season?

Oakland Raiders

Offense- Ronald Curry has been very solid for the Raiders when healthy, Curry finally has a head coach who believes that he could be a starting WR in this league. Had 30 caches out of his 62 in the final 4 weeks of the season, thatís when Art Shell realized he could play. Ended the season with 62 catches 727 yards and 1 td, If Curry starts the season as the #1 or 2 WR he could very well pass the 1,000 yard mark.

Defense- Thomas Howard had a good rookie season, he improved every week and he is now expected to become more of a playmaker.

jkpigskin
05-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Offense:
Mark Clayton: he broke out last year, but this year he will take another big step and become our undisupted #1. He will break the 1k yard mark

Demetrius Williams: another reciever who played extremely well down the stretch. He will fight for a starting job. He has the frame and skill to be a starter in this league

Defense:
Haloti Ngata: Last year was a learning year and he was told to be just a run stuffer. BUt with a year under his belt, he could be asked to do more than clog holes, he could become a passrusher

stephenson86
05-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Offense: ben troupe if he stays healthy and plays to his potential level

Defense: stephen tulloch, a year of experience under his belt, will make plays and rack up the tackles

High Roller
05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Offense: Vernon Davis

Defense: Manny Lawson

Coincidence they were both drafted in 1st round last year?

Addict
05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Offense... Ehm... I'll just be really really hopeful and say Calvin Johnson.

Defense... Probably Ernie Sims...

Mr. Stiller
05-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Offense - Santonio Holmes
Defense - Anthony Smith - He'd get it except I think they're keeping veteran Ryan Clark Back there... So I'll go with Ike Taylor as HM.

High Roller
05-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Offense - Santonio Holmes

He has so much potential
He could be a top WR in the league soon.

Mr. Stiller
05-30-2007, 08:25 AM
He has so much potential
He could be a top WR in the league soon.

I think this will be a breakout year for him. Last year he only started the last 4 games and saw limited action in the other 12. If he starts all 16....

He averaged around 80 yards a game in his 4 starts. If he does that in 16 games thats 1280 yards.

I think he'll go above and beyond that. I think he'll be Ben's go to guy.

High Roller
05-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I think this will be a breakout year for him. Last year he only started the last 4 games and saw limited action in the other 12. If he starts all 16....

He averaged around 80 yards a game in his 4 starts. If he does that in 16 games thats 1280 yards.

Yea...plus his long TD in OT was clutch and just plain nasty.

draftguru151
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Offense: Ronnie Brown, it's his 3rd year, definitely has played well the last 2 years with less than ideal surroundings, but needs to take a big step up. Has a real lead blocker now, OL has improved, had an offensive minded coach that will use him correctly, hopefully the passing game will give him some room and Ginn will get the Reggie Bush treatment. He has done well, but that isn't enough for the #2 overall pick. A 1200 rushing yard season with 50 catches isn't out of the question.

Defense: Channing Crowder, loved Crowder since the day we drafted him and he has played great the last 2 years, but I think this is the year he takes it to the next level. Great run stopper and great in coverage, nasty player, everything a LB needs, should be fun to watch.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I love these threads. Its like Homerfest 2007 :p

I agree DG, I think Crowder is a beast. Im expecting big things from him this year.

Splat
05-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Chiefs

O - FB/TE Kris Wilson the next Chris Cooley

D - Tamba Hali he had a very good all around rookie season I look for him to only get better with the better players at DT this year.

Grizzlegom
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Offense: Rex Hadnot - some could say he's already proven but i think the move to guard will be perfect for him. he's a mauler who made too many bad line calls at center. the move to guard will allow him to focus on his technique more in pass rushing so he can complement his already great run blocking skills. i believe he was an average center but has pro-bowl potential at guard. him and shelton on the right side should open lots of holes for ronnie as both are great run blockers.

Defense: Matt Roth - with Kevin Carter getting cut, Roth gets to take over the full-time DE spot opposite JT. he showed flashes of deserving more playing time last year and i think 8-10 sacks arent out of the question for him.

M1Koter
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
for the packers offense I really think it's gunna be either Greg Jennings or Vernon Morency, I see a 1000 yards coming from one of em most likely Morency

for defense AJ Hawk is gunna have a definate pro bowl season, but I don't think thats gunna suprise anybody

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Bears:
Offense - Cedric Benson = With Benson now being the number 1 guy he should put up big numbers.

Defense - Jamar Williams = With Briggs sitting out Williams will get a chance to step up and possible take Briggs' job.

reese
05-30-2007, 09:25 AM

over hines ward?

ncstateviking
05-30-2007, 09:29 AM
offense - jerricho cotchery. last year was his coming out party. now this year he will become a star.

defense - bryan thomas. has talent. shown flashes. this year he will get into the 12-15 sack range.

M.O.T.H.
05-30-2007, 09:29 AM
The O: Julius Jones

The D: Marcus Spears

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Atlanta

Offense: Mike Vick/Roddy White-This is pretty much te defining year for both players. If they suck it up, they're probably gone, but I believe Vick and White, with the new coaches, will finally live up to potential, or close to it.

Defense: Demorrio Williams-He's a straight up beast. One of the fastest LB's in the league, and can rack up a 100+ tackle season.

jkpigskin
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I love these threads. Its like Homerfest 2007 :p

I agree DG, I think Crowder is a beast. Im expecting big things from him this year.

well the topic is about your favorite team so its kinda hard not to be homerfest

Seasonticketholder
05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Offense: Reggie Bush--Over the second half of the season, really improved as a runner and started scoring touchdowns almost in bunches. I think he will have a HUGE season. I could see him becoming the next player to get 1000 yards rushing/receiving and posting 20 or close to 20 touchdowns.

Defense: Roman Harper--as a rookie, this guy showed a lot of promise prior to getting hurt. In fact, when he got hurt, he was playing like the second best player on our defense behind Will Smith. He's back healty and looking good in the OTAs. He has a nose for the football and I can see him having a big season.

PalmerToCJ
05-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Cincinnati Bengals

No one on offense really, maybe Andrew Whitworth or Eric Ghiaciuc but they're OL's.

Defense: Ahmad Brooks. He'll be the starting MLB opening game and has been studying hard this offseason and wants to become the leader of the defense. He showed his amazing physical abilities last year but was lacking experience in the film room which he's had plenty of this year. I expect him to explode.

Honorable Mention: Domata Peko, Rashad Jeanty, Robert Geathers and Johnathan Joseph (if he can learn to catch he could make the pro bowl).

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Offense:
Mark Clayton: he broke out last year, but this year he will take another big step and become our undisupted #1. He will break the 1k yard mark

Demetrius Williams: another reciever who played extremely well down the stretch. He will fight for a starting job. He has the frame and skill to be a starter in this league

Defense:
Haloti Ngata: Last year was a learning year and he was told to be just a run stuffer. BUt with a year under his belt, he could be asked to do more than clog holes, he could become a passrusher

Completely agree with the Ngata mention and at the end of the year last year he was unblockable and he was making plays. Mark Clayton should also go to the Pro Bowl next year, as he will be the #1 go to guy and he has a good repor with both McNair and Boller. D Will I don't think it will happen this season because he won't get the ball as much since Mason is still around, but in the 08-09 season watch out for D Will to absolutely dominate!

Jimmy
05-30-2007, 10:16 AM
offense: Jay Cutler (personally, i think he has a great year)

defense: Marcus Thomas (may start week 1)

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 10:26 AM
What the hell, let me give it a shot

Offense: Brandon Jacobs. I think he'll surprise alot of people who think he's just a goalline back.

Defense: Kiwanuka. Not really breakout, because he did last year. But I expect him to be even better this year. What lots of people outside of the Giant fanbase fail to realize is, Kiwi had his best plays when he was standing up, not when he was a DE. I think he'll surprise alot of people at LB this year.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Eagles:

Offense: LJ Smith. He's already well-known, but he's an integral piece for this team. He's also in a contract year. I could see him getting 60 catches and 9 TD's. The Eagles spread the ball around anyway, so 60 is a pretty significant number.

Defense: Javon Kearse. I'm going to to say that The Freak is back. He hasn't been the player that he was years ago, but I think with the current Eagles team, he will become "The Freak" again.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 10:29 AM
I think Brandon Jacobs can do well if he gets the right kind of playcalling. He needs to be used in between the tackles and needs to be the feature back with 25-30 touches.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I think Brandon Jacobs can do well if he gets the right kind of playcalling. He needs to be used in between the tackles and needs to be the feature back with 25-30 touches.

Yeah I know... =/

30 rushes from Air Coughlin? Sigh.....yeah, thats not happening.

SenorGato
05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Offense: Jericho Cotchery - Last year he showed his potential, this year I think he breaks out big time. Great hands, great after the catch, very good balance...love this guy.

Defense: Kenyon Coleman - Bill Parcells seemed to think alot of this guy, because he recommended him to Tanny. He registered 25 tackles and 4 sacks in limited time, and he really was the Cowboys best defensive end. He and Ellis give us a pass rush from the D-line, which the Pats and Chargers 3-4s get alot of also.

I'll also say BT, because he should have been DeMarcus Ware before Ware was around. He's a physical freak who showed big time potential last year.

MaxV
05-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Colts:

Offense - DeDe Dorsey (RB)

Defense - Kelvin Hayden (CB), Freddie Keiaho (OLB)

The Unseen
05-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Offense: Marcedes Lewis. I expect the TE position to be prominent in Koetter's offense, as it was in college. I could see 40-50 catches along with 6+ TDs.

Defense: Daryl Smith. I think he'll just keep getting better, and may be even better this year.

iloxygenil
05-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Atlanta Falcons -
Offense: RB - Jerious Norwood. Kid's speed is unsurpassed (you can't beat me in this argument so don't try) and his agility is up amongst the best as well. His ability to dominate really showed whenever he was given a few touches. Anyone who can put up 100+ yards in 1 quarter more than once has all the ability needed to dominate in the NFL. Not only will his rushing yards be over 1000 yards but he will also have over 500 receiving yards.

Defense: DT- Jonathan Babineaux. With Coleman injured Babs will be the day 1 starter and will prove to be a headache from the undertackle position. May not be an elite force against the run, but rushing the passer and getting his hands up to swat down passes he is a phenom waiting to happen.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Offense: Marcedes Lewis. I expect the TE position to be prominent in Koetter's offense, as it was in college. I could see 40-50 catches along with 6+ TDs.

Defense: Daryl Smith. I think he'll just keep getting better, and may be even better this year.

Don't forget Reggie Hayward. He should explode this year if he stays healthy.

BufFan71
05-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Offense:
Lee Evans, J.P Losman, and Kevin Everrett

Defense:
Keith ellison, Angelo Crowell

nobodyinparticular
05-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Defense: Channing Crowder, loved Crowder since the day we drafted him and he has played great the last 2 years, but I think this is the year he takes it to the next level. Great run stopper and great in coverage, nasty player, everything a LB needs, should be fun to watch.

Channing Crowder was a guy who I was high on all year long when he came out. The fact that he fell so far and that the Dolphins took him rather than the Raiders bummed me out. He's got the goods though.

Who on your favorite team is ready to break out and have a pro bowl type season?

Oakland Raiders

Offense- Ronald Curry has been very solid for the Raiders when healthy, Curry finally has a head coach who believes that he could be a starting WR in this league. Had 30 caches out of his 62 in the final 4 weeks of the season, thatís when Art Shell realized he could play. Ended the season with 62 catches 727 yards and 1 td, If Curry starts the season as the #1 or 2 WR he could very well pass the 1,000 yard mark.

Defense- Thomas Howard had a good rookie season, he improved every week and he is now expected to become more of a playmaker.

To add on for the Raiders, I'll concur with NIN but pick two other guys for the sake of diversity.

Offense: Jerry Porter

Yes, this is the same Jerry Porter who received a huge contract from the Raiders to stay in Oakland just 2 years ago, but as many detractors like to point out, he has never had a 1,000 yard season. Twice he has come oh so close, one year missing it by just 2 yards.

Coming into the league, Porter was hailed as the next Terrell Owens. The only thing that Porter has shown to compare to TO is the big bulky diamond earring and a flair to chafe his coaches coming to camp in 2006 with a huge belt with a dollar sign for the buckle as well as a shirt with a picture of the middle finger. His production, however, has left much to be desired.

But all that will change as it is Porter who is poised for a breakout year in 2007. Last season's debacle did not sit well with him so he has spent all year working hard in hopes of showing Shell up. He is also in a system that is very friendly to his skillset, a hybrid West Coast offense, one that will feature a lot of short slants and runs after the catch. This is also, in essence, a contract year for Porter and he has some ground to make up. Two years ago, Porter received a 6-year contract that had a voidable option from either side after 3 years. It is in Porter's best monetary interests to do well so that he sees a big payday on the other side of this season--be it from the Raiders to keep him in town or from another team after he voids the contract.

Defense: Michael Huff

I was very close to going with Tommy Kelly here, but Kelly was supposed to have the breakout year last year so it's Huff's turn.

In 2005, Kirk Morrison made all the tackles, but he never really made any "big play" stats. He was lacking in sacks, INTs, forced fumbles and fumbles recovered. After his rookie year, he was a solid player, but to show that he could be better, people felt he needed to make more big plays. In 2006, his interceptions and his fumbles went up, he even returned a TD on defense.

Last year also saw the emergence of 2 more key young players in the Raiders' defense, Thomas Howard and Michael Huff. Neither of them had much in the way of playmaker stats, but they both racked up the tackles as rookies. Now it is Michael Huff's turn to grow in his sophomore year. He showed the ability to play and he has all the tools you look for in a top tier safety, including a great head on his shoulders. Now it's time for him to step up with a breakthrough year.

bored of education
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Kansas City Chiefs: Brody Croyle and Jarrad Page

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah I know... =/

30 rushes from Air Coughlin? Sigh.....yeah, thats not happening.

Is there any way Couglin can keep his job right now? I can't imagine many scenarios where he returns to coach the G-Men in 2008.

ChefMike
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I think the Talent on Ravens speaks for itself but this year I think...

On Offense: Mark Clayton is primed for a great season with more of a focus on throwing the ball to open lanes for Willis McGhee to run rather then throwing to open lanes for Jamal to run through will work more. Clayton is very underrated he had a great year last year finished 25th in total Rec Yds look for him this year to make a huge impact

On Defense: Its hard when almost everyone has made the pro bowl to have a breakout player but I think that Dawan Landry is going to breakout this year and possibly make the pro bowl and upstage that tandem about 50 miles south in DC Ed Reed and Dawan Landry will out do Sean Taylor and the younger Landry

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I think that Dawan Landry is going to breakout this year and possibly make the pro bowl and upstage that tandem about 50 miles south in DC Ed Reed and Dawan Landry will out do Sean Taylor and the younger Landry

Um, Landry and Reed are vastly superior to Taylor and Laron. It is no contest.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Is there any way Couglin can keep his job right now? I can't imagine many scenarios where he returns to coach the G-Men in 2008.

He would have to at the very least make the playoffs, and he'd have to win a playoff game. Going one and done in the playoffs probably means he's fired.

If we win a playoff game, he might save his job. Im torn, I want the Giants to do well but at the same time, I do not see Eli Manning developing into the qb he's capable of becoming under Coughlin. So I want to see Coughlin gone as well. Its a double edged sword for me.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Giants are going to have a bit of a tough time. They have the talent, but I'm not sure the coaching is good enough to get them where they need to go.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Giants are going to have a bit of a tough time. They have the talent, but I'm not sure the coaching is good enough to get them where they need to go.

More important than the Xs and Os, is the adjustments. Technically, even though our approach schematically is flawed, it can still work. But what kills us year in year out is Coughlin's horrible adjustments. Quite simply, he doesn't adjust. And thats why we drop off so much during the second half of the season.

He has no more scapegoats. He blamed Huffnagel and Lewis last year. This year, he has no excuse. I expect more of the same from the offensive side of the ball.

I do expect drastic improvement defensively however.

Woody56
05-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Jets

Offense - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Is going to become one of the top LT's in the league that he was drafted to be

Defense - Bryan Thomas

In his first year starting and first year in a 3-4 and new position had a very good season and ended the season on a tear. 12 sack potential pro bowl season coming up.

yourfavestoner
05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Don't forget Reggie Hayward. He should explode this year if he stays healthy.

Eh..usually it takes guys a full year to fully recover from a ruptured Achilles. The guy to keep your eye on is Bobby McCray.

757Dawg
05-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Browns

Offense: Braylon Edwards
--In his third year in the league, I think Braylon is ready to explode and take his game to the next level. His rookie year was cut short by the ACL tear and he wasn't even supposed to be ready to play in '06 until midway through the season. Somehow, Braylon managed to be ready for game one and played the entire season. However, it did seem like the injury held him back quite a bit this season. His straight line speed obviously had not fully returned and it seemed like he really tried to avoid big hits. On top of that, he had to deal with atrocious QB play all season with Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson. He still managed to put together a quality season with nearly 900 receiving yards and 6 TDs. In a new, improved offense along with better QB play and much better overall team, Braylon looks poised for a huge, Pro Bowl caliber, season.

Defense: Brodney Pool
--Thanks in part to a crowded secondary, Pool hasn't been able to land a starting spot during his two years in Cleveland. With Brian Russell starting at FS, last summer brought a battle between Pool and Sean Jones for the SS job. Pool was expected to be the victor, but Jones literally came out of nowhere to win the job and ended up having a monster year. Pool still managed to see his fair share of game action and even started at corner for a few games where he played decent. With Russell's departure via free agency, Pool's finally the bona fide starter at FS where he will team with Jones to potentially form one of the league's best safety tandems.

Moses
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
On the Packers:

Offence: Greg Jennings. I'm expecting 1000+ yards.

Defence: Nick Collins. After a great rookie season, fell off as a sophomore. Pulled it together late in the season and is primed for a big season.

Mr. Stiller
05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
over hines ward?

Yep, I see Hines and Santonio as 1a and 1a. I mean I see Holmes being the Go-to and Big play guy where as Hines is the reliable chain mover.

bored of education
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
santonio is gonna be beastly this year.

kmartin575
05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Offense- Will Svitek
Defense- Jarrad Page

LarryJohnson27
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Kansas City

Jarrad Page, FS- Really showed flashes in 06, as he had some huge INT's, shut down Gates, and was constantly around the football. He was a huge steal in the 7th round.

Bernard Pollard, SS- Didn't play as much on defense as Page did, but was ridiculous on ST's blocking 3 punts. Also had some big hits throughout the year. Will be starting next to Page in 07.

I also like, and agree with, the Kris Wilson, Will Svitek, and Tamba Hali mentions.

Modano
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Dallas Cowboys:

Offense: Marion Barber - I think he'll get more carries and he'll show how good he really is. For me he outplayed Julius Jones last year, he could be a moajor contributor next year.
Honorable mention to Andre Gurode, he really played well last year, he faced very good competition and he was probably our best O-lineman. I think he has the chance to be one of the top center in the league.

Defense: Bobby Carpenter - I think he will start inside, and he has the tools to be a big playmaker for us. Another choice could be Spears/Hatcher. Spears has his last chance to show that he was worth that pick, Hatcher came out strong last year and could be a very good pass rusher for the base defense.

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Giants - Mathias Kiwanuka and Brandon Jacobs.

The Unseen
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Eh..usually it takes guys a full year to fully recover from a ruptured Achilles. The guy to keep your eye on is Bobby McCray.

I would say that he broke through last year, but w/e.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Most players never fully recover from a torn Achilles. The only player in recent memory who underwent Achilles repair surgery and was able to return to pre-injury form has been Julian Peterson.

Moses
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Most players never fully recover from a torn Achilles. The only player in recent memory who underwent Achilles repair surgery and was able to return to pre-injury form has been Julian Peterson.

I would argue that Peterson actually lost a step from that injury. He's still a very good athlete, but not quite as good as he was prior to the injury.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
He is near the quality where he was before the injury. Of all the pro-bowl players to undergo Achilles repair, Peterson is the only one that I know of who has bounced back to the point of putting up pro bowl-caliber numbers.

Moses
05-30-2007, 03:48 PM
He is near the quality where he was before the injury. Of all the pro-bowl players to undergo Achilles repair, Peterson is the only one that I know of who has bounced back to the point of putting up pro bowl-caliber numbers.

I would agree with that. People underrate what serious injuries like that can do to a player because it seems like a lot of guys bounce back. But look at guys like McGahee who seemingly bounced back but still aren't the type of athletes they were pre-injury.

Hurricane Ditka
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Cedric Benson.

SuperMcGee
05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Offense:
Lee Evans, J.P Losman, and Kevin Everrett

Defense:
Keith ellison, Angelo Crowell

Everett breaking out. Now there would be a miracle

I'd say Crowell or Whitner for defense
Offense is tough. I'd say it would pretty much be between JP and Lynch at this point. Noone else is used enough besides Evans, and I really don't know who to look at for a breakthrough. If given the oppurtunity I'd take a chance on Cieslak, but its cluttered there. Noone really has shown that they are ready to take the next step. Roscoe could be the best option as he was limited in the passing game last year and hurt for a while, but there are reasons why he's limited in the regular offense.

sweetness34
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Chicago Bears:

Offense: Cedric Benson -- He's got all the talent in the world to be a very good back and now that he's the man, I think he has a breakout year. If he stays healthy I see easily a 1200 yard season, probably more than that.

Devin Hester -- Stat wise maybe not but his presense on the field is going to cause defense fits.

Rex Grossman -- Maybe not a "breakout" season but he'll be more consistent, his TD's will go up and his INT's will go down. And he'll eliminate his really bad games.

Defense:

Hmmm Jamar Williams maybe -- If Lance doens't come back in time for the regular season, I can see Jamar having a very solid year.

Our defense has already established players so there's really not a lot of room for a "breakout" year for anyone.

49erfaithful
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
49ers:

Offense: Alex Smith/Vernon Davis

Defense: Manny Lawson

remix 6
05-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Patriots

Offense: Ben Watson..he'll be open more..he wont be doubled anymore and he will have room underneath with Stall and Moss going deep.

Defense: Hobbs..he had his ups and downs last year..was the #1 CB over Samuel before he broke his wrist and it really hurt him because hes physical and he couldnt wrap up or jam much. Hes small..fast and hes always got energy.

Shiver
05-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Offense - Jerious Norwood

Defense - Michael Boley

M.O.T.H.
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Dallas Cowboys:

Offense: Marion Barber - I think he'll get more carries and he'll show how good he really is. For me he outplayed Julius Jones last year, he could be a moajor contributor next year.
Honorable mention to Andre Gurode, he really played well last year, he faced very good competition and he was probably our best O-lineman. I think he has the chance to be one of the top center in the league.

Defense: Bobby Carpenter - I think he will start inside, and he has the tools to be a big playmaker for us. Another choice could be Spears/Hatcher. Spears has his last chance to show that he was worth that pick, Hatcher came out strong last year and could be a very good pass rusher for the base defense.

I think Carp will have a nice year but, I'd still be pretty surprised if he starts... Bradie has taken to the new D very well.

BlindSite
05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Pro Bowl on defense - Richard Marshall/Chris Gamble, these two are probably comparable in talent, but Gamble is the more experienced campaigner. While it wouldn't necessarily be break through for Gamble to have a big year, it would be nice to see him get a pro bowl. I've got him over Ken Lucas because Lucas will have the tougher task of covering number one receivers and loves to defend the run. Which is seems is the type of corner who's always snubbed.

Offense - DeAngelo Williams. With Steven Jackson and Frank Gore he'll struggle to be a top back in the NFC, but the scheme Davidson is putting in place seems to be tailor made for the kid. He's got great vision and in a ZBS his lateral agility will see him break a lot of ankles onto some good gains, he's also got a great set of hands, and that'll help him to some nice check down runs and screen passes, both of which Davidson wants to use more.

23trufant
05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
DJ Hackett - WR - Seahawks - Exremely underrated player, noone ever talks about him but he is a beast. With opertunity he will do great. Im calling 70 catches, 800 yards, 8 TDs.

LeRoy Hill - LB - Seahawks - Has played well his first couple seasons in the league and gets almost no recognition. He is a great fit with Tatupu and Peterson. If he can get his sack total up a little but he will be in great shape. Im calling 95 tackles, 8 sacks, 2 ints

Caddy
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Alex Smith, TE
Maurice Stovall, WR
Cadillac Williams, RB
Barrett Ruud, MLB

All are candidates to have break-out seasons.

Phrost
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Alex Smith, TE
Maurice Stovall, WR
Cadillac Williams, RB
Barrett Ruud, MLB

All are candidates to have break-out seasons.

I am definitely feeling a good season coming on from Stovall. Read the article on Buccaneers.com?

Flyboy
05-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Offense - Reggie Bush. Could be just me, but I expect to see the Bush of the latter part of last season for an entire season. That's a scary thought. My second choice would be Devery Henderson.

Defense - Roman Harper.

BlindSite
05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I am definitely feeling a good season coming on from Stovall. Read the article on Buccaneers.com?

I am in love with Barrett Ruud too/.

Phrost
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I am in love with Barrett Ruud too/.

Supposedly he doesn't fit the system well but he would be a probowler in the 3-4.

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Pretty much anyone under 26 can be thrown into consideration for having a breakout year.

Pit Bull #53
05-30-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll say:

Offense- Brandon Jones WR. If you just look at his stats this past year, you won't be impressed. But he tore his ACL late last year, and made it back in time for camp this year, played, and still seemed to have a decent burst. His 2nd year back should be better, he has another year working with Vince, and he'll be a starter. I don't think he'll blow up huge, but I think he can have a 50/700/8 season, which is pretty good in our run based offense and a raw passer.

Defense- Hm, I don't know, there's not really gonna be many new starters. I'll just say whoever wins the FS job, probably Calvin Lowry. He'll rack up stats by default, and there's no way in hell he's worse than LaMont Thompson. I don't care what anyone says...it's not humanly possible to be worse.

reese
05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I'll say:

Offense- Brandon Jones WR. If you just look at his stats this past year, you won't be impressed. But he tore his ACL late last year, and made it back in time for camp this year, played, and still seemed to have a decent burst. His 2nd year back should be better, he has another year working with Vince, and he'll be a starter. I don't think he'll blow up huge, but I think he can have a 50/700/8 season, which is pretty good in our run based offense and a raw passer.

Defense- Hm, I don't know, there's not really gonna be many new starters. I'll just say whoever wins the FS job, probably Calvin Lowry. He'll rack up stats by default, and there's no way in hell he's worse than LaMont Thompson. I don't care what anyone says...it's not humanly possible to be worse.

you took mine...i was about to say brandon jones

SuperMcGee
05-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Pretty much anyone under 26 can be thrown into consideration for having a breakout year.

Chris Denney it is :cool:

Jensen
05-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Hopefully Antrel Rolle, and I'll predict Gabe Watson.

bearsfan_51
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Robbie Gould.

Hurricane Ditka
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Robbie Gould.

Didn't that already happen?

bearsfan_51
05-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Didn't that already happen?
At fullback.

KILLERSANTA
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
At fullback.

I could see it....He has the size....

KILLERSANTA
05-30-2007, 09:40 PM
O: Patrick Crayton, Did you really think i was going to say somebody else???

D: Kevin Burnett, At the end of the year he'll be starting(or sooner)......

People you will get bench by week 8: Marcus Spears for Jay Ratliff(for the people that don't know, I called Romo starting by week 8 last year ;) )

BufFan71
05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
i said Kevin Everett b/c i hope he wasnt a waste of a 3rd
and anything over 1 catch for 1 yard is a break out for him

Don Vito
05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Patriots-Ellis Hobbs, CB. Pretty talented guy who had a good season last year and could improve even more.

JC the Savior
05-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Denver:

Marshall (WR) & Scheffler (TE)

TheChampIsHere
05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Freddy Keihaho

Bearsfan123
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Bears:

Devin Hester-i see us going to the 3 wr set more often thanks to having him in the fold.

Benson- If we do go to more 3 wr sets that means less bulk in defenders, which means more runnin room up the gut!

Grossman- I see him becoming consistent. Thats as good as it gets for a Bears qb.

Defense:
Dusty Dvoracek- Teaming him with Tommie Harris is gonna make for one hell of a duo IMO. I think hes gonna be better than Tank Johnson.

d34ng3l021
05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Offense - Jerious Norwood

Defense - Michael Boley

Both my guys to break out as well. Hopefully Michael Boley can get alot of attention this season.

Dam8610
05-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Freddy Keihaho

Hey, I didn't have to say it.

Anyway, for the Colts:

Offense: Anthony Gonzalez - Can it really be anyone else? The Colts basically return the same offense as they had last year, with the exception of an underproductive "starting RB" and an oft-injured slot WR. Since Addai will be moving into the starting role at RB, and already had a solid year last season, Gonzalez is the player on the Colts' offense with the chance to make the biggest impact. Tony Ugoh might have the same chance if he is able to win one of the starting OG spots, but I think Gonzalez will make the biggest difference.

Defense: Freddy Keiaho - Hasn't seen much time on the field, but I like what I've seen of him. He's a much more consistent tackler than Cato June, and should help to solidify the run defense, without giving up much in terms of pass coverage. Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Quinn Pitcock, Daymeion Hughes, and Tyjuan Hagler are all candidates for this as well, but I think Keiaho has the best chance to make an impact.

fenikz
05-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Cardinals:

Offense: Matt Leinart, Leonard Pope, Deuce Latui
Defense: Gerald Hayes, Antrel Rolle, Darrell Blackstock, Terrance Holt

Shiver
05-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Cardinals:

Offense: Matt Leinart, Leonard Pope, Deuce Latui
Defense: Gerald Hayes, Antrel Rolle, Darrell Blackstock, Terrance Holt

So the Cardinals are going 13-3?

Flyboy
05-31-2007, 01:09 AM
So the Cardinals are going 13-3?

Haha. Welcome back.. seems like you've been gone for awhile. Or maybe I'm tripping.

fenikz
05-31-2007, 01:09 AM
of course, i expect no less

Shiver
05-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Haha. Welcome back.. seems like you've been gone for awhile. Or maybe I'm tripping.

I was gone last weekend. I've been on today, though.

d34ng3l021
05-31-2007, 01:38 AM
I was gone last weekend. I've been on today, though.

Can you go revive the Falcons board. Its been pretty dead.

Shiver
05-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Nothing to talk about except more Michael Vick banter. I think everyone is sick of it, regardless of how they feel on the issue.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm not sure there is a player on Oakland's offense I think will "breakout". I think that McCown and Curry will impress a few people this coming season and I'd probably mention Fargas if Oakland's depth at the position didn't pretty much assure very limited action. However, there isn't a player I can see who will have a big year (unless Gallery takes to his guard position and pulls it together).

On defense, there are a few players. I'm as sure as I've ever been about anything football related that Fabian Washington is going to have a very good year. Kevin Huntley is going to make more than a few people say "who?". Terdel Sands supposedly showed up in good shape to previous minicamps, although his impact won't really show much except through how successful the opposite defensive tackle is at getting free.

sweetness34
05-31-2007, 02:18 AM
Oh and Dusty Dvoracek I think will have a nice season as well.

Addict
05-31-2007, 02:33 AM
Nothing to talk about except more Michael Vick banter. I think everyone is sick of it, regardless of how they feel on the issue.

this entire offseason has been a bit of a drag...

Anyways, are there no bills fans here chanting 'JP' I thought he looked pretty good at times.

Modano
05-31-2007, 02:38 AM
I think Carp will have a nice year but, I'd still be pretty surprised if he starts... Bradie has taken to the new D very well.

I don't know... I think we'll see a lot more blitzes from both the OLBs, and with roy playing a sort of rover the ILB will have to cover the TE, something James can't do.

broncs2bowl
06-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Denver:

Offense: Jay Cutler(no s**t) and Brandon Marshall(great chemistry with Jay and physical tools)

Defense: DJ Wiliiams- premeire athletic LB who should do a lot at MLB taking over for Wilson expecially in Jim Bates system

sodar21
06-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Jets

Offense: Nick Mangold, he was a great rookie and I think this year he has a good shot at making the pro bowl.

Defense: Victor Hobson

Gchu83
06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Texans

Defense: Mario Williams- This is the obvious pick but he was battling injuries most of last season and hopefully he'll be the player we need him to be.

Offense: Kevin Walter- Kubiak has been all over this kid for some reason and officially made him our #2 WR. Haven't seen much of him but our HC seems to love him.