PDA

View Full Version : What is the word on Calvin Johnson's Contract

TheMadLionsFan
05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
hope they get the **** done asap

LionSmack
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Here's the word on Calvin Johnson's contract.

Every single year since Millen has been GM, the rookies sign their contracts in the 2-3 days before camp.

Sometimes the top pick signs and gets in camp for the first day, sometimes he misses the first day or two.

No one holds out past the first weekend.

Expect the same this year.

Addict
05-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Here's the word on Calvin Johnson's contract.

Every single year since Millen has been GM, the rookies sign their contracts in the 2-3 days before camp.

Sometimes the top pick signs and gets in camp for the first day, sometimes he misses the first day or two.

No one holds out past the first weekend.

Expect the same this year.

the real question is: how much will he be paid? Rogers-like?

P-L
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Probably right between what Mario Williams and Reggie Bush got last year.

detroit4life
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
yea we're going to have to pay right around what bush got which i believe was higher then what Mario got

LonghornsLegend
05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
how many years does roy williams have left on his?

Notredameleo
05-31-2007, 04:47 PM
I think Roy has 2 years left on his rookie contract...

detroit4life
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
its going to be interesting if we'll be able to resign him. Are we going to be willing to give up number one money to both CJ and roy? Because we wont be able to resign roy without giving him a good amount of money. He could leave either way depending on where the team is at but i think that if he and CJ are clicking and the team makes steps we could hold on to him. If not i think its a sure thing he walks

Addict
06-01-2007, 06:37 AM
its going to be interesting if we'll be able to resign him. Are we going to be willing to give up number one money to both CJ and roy? Because we wont be able to resign roy without giving him a good amount of money. He could leave either way depending on where the team is at but i think that if he and CJ are clicking and the team makes steps we could hold on to him. If not i think its a sure thing he walks

well we should be able too... Colts have Harrisson and Wayne, both are on substantial contracts.
One of the two (my money's on Roy Williams) will be the number two in two years.

CJ will get payed big... So will Roy but I think he'll play #2 pretty soon if CJ devellops as i think/hope he will... A lot can happen in two years.

TheMadLionsFan
06-01-2007, 04:27 PM

I'm not really worried about it......FRANCHISE TAG!!!

P-L
06-01-2007, 06:45 PM
yea we're going to have to pay right around what bush got which i believe was higher then what Mario got

Mario got 6 years, $54 million, $26.5 guaranteed
Reggie got 6 years, $52.5 million, $26.5 guaranteed

For Calvin, I'd guess:

6 years, $55 million, $27 million guaranteed

Addict
06-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Mario got 6 years, $54 million, $26.5 guaranteed
Reggie got 6 years, $52.5 million, $26.5 guaranteed

For Calvin, I'd guess:

6 years, $55 million, $27 million guaranteed

wow. that'd mean he averages about... 9 million dollars a year.

I am so gonna cut and re-sign him in Madden.

detroit4life
06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
wow. that'd mean he averages about... 9 million dollars a year.

I am so gonna cut and re-sign him in Madden.

if you cut him then your gonna be hit with a huge cap penealties...do you turn that off cxuz if you dont then you shouldnt cut him

Addict
06-02-2007, 12:31 PM
if you cut him then your gonna be hit with a huge cap penealties...do you turn that off cxuz if you dont then you shouldnt cut him

you just go to team info and press 'delete cap penalties' hurts your prestige a bit, but saves you shiploads of cap.

I refuse to pay a single player more than 5 million. Once had a franchise in which no guy was payed more than 3, and the only reason he got 3 was because he was a cornerback who I couldn't move anywhere so that he would suck, ended up paying him as a 99 ovr. FS.

detroit4life
06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
you just go to team info and press 'delete cap penalties' hurts your prestige a bit, but saves you shiploads of cap.

I refuse to pay a single player more than 5 million. Once had a franchise in which no guy was payed more than 3, and the only reason he got 3 was because he was a cornerback who I couldn't move anywhere so that he would suck, ended up paying him as a 99 ovr. FS.

haha doesnt that take a little fun out of the game?

Addict
06-03-2007, 09:41 AM
haha doesnt that take a little fun out of the game?

Actually it's what keeps me occupied, every off-season there's 10 to 15 players I need to cut, re-assign, re-sign, and move back, if you're any good at getting good players in the draft the seasons of 19-0 pile up pretty fast.

Am I the only one who finds it annoying that you can draft a kid who ran a 4.29 forty and who ends up with a louse 83 speed rating (i had it earlier today with a running back... I was so pissed off... I had a 98 speed guy at RB, but now he's over thirty and his speed has taken a nosedive.... So I need a good replacement, who's kinda young (I like to have a core of players at the skill positions and the Line)

BufFan71
06-03-2007, 10:18 AM
ha my brother drafted a wr with the 1st overall pick and he ran a 4.16....
and had an 83 speed, with 99 agility, and 97 acc
he was soo pissed

Addict
06-03-2007, 10:20 AM
ha my brother drafted a wr with the 1st overall pick and he ran a 4.16....
and had an 83 speed, with 99 agility, and 97 acc
he was soo pissed

I have never seen a 4.16 in my life playing Madden... what platform do you play?

detroit4life
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
yea the 40 times are terrible the only way to see if they have speed is to do the kick and punt returns and estimate they're speed on your own

BufFan71
06-03-2007, 12:55 PM
ps2....
we would do the nfl workouts......
but everytime we go do to it, the ps2 freezes....so we just look at the players and see their stuff
and then do the draft

Addict
06-03-2007, 02:29 PM
yea the 40 times are terrible the only way to see if they have speed is to do the kick and punt returns and estimate they're speed on your own

linebackers and DE's are the worst. It just doesn't make sense, I once wrote down all the names and all the times and then looked it up 2 years in a row. Results were stunning
One was appearently a fast class, the other a slow one,

2 guys from different classes ran exactly the same forty (4.41) but one ended up with 88 and the other with 81 speed.

The worst was a guy who had a 4.74 40 and was given 87 speed and 91 acceleration. That was rediculous

Addict
06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
If you guys have trouble getting fast DE's and LB's there is a little trick I always use to get some speedy guys there.

For DE, draft OLB's usually they'll have about 80-84 speed (if you get lucky you'll get a 88 guy) and their tackling and strength are usually pretty decent as well, they take about one or two years to reach 99.

For OLB (this is really awesome, you'll love me for this) draft a strong SS. You'll have guys at linebacker who have about 65 strength (which you can fix through Trench Fight) but also high acc and speed ranging anywhere from 96 to 99. Tackling will need some work, but if you do well, you'll see them improve tremendously fast, plus it will keep your D speedy as hell.

MLB is a problem area, you'll just have to get lucky with a OLB, my advice is NEVER move an 88 guy to DE but always do MLB, since the difference between 84 and 88 for a DE is minimal, while it really does matter for a MLB.

You're welcome ;)

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-03-2007, 02:49 PM
With all you guys whining about the 40 times, some guys like Devin Hester ran a 4.41, 40, but will have 100 speed. I think they're trying to make it realistic by making people screw up their 40, or run their fastest 40 ever.

Hermstheman83
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
If you guys have trouble getting fast DE's and LB's there is a little trick I always use to get some speedy guys there.

For DE, draft OLB's usually they'll have about 80-84 speed (if you get lucky you'll get a 88 guy) and their tackling and strength are usually pretty decent as well, they take about one or two years to reach 99.

For OLB (this is really awesome, you'll love me for this) draft a strong SS. You'll have guys at linebacker who have about 65 strength (which you can fix through Trench Fight) but also high acc and speed ranging anywhere from 96 to 99. Tackling will need some work, but if you do well, you'll see them improve tremendously fast, plus it will keep your D speedy as hell.

MLB is a problem area, you'll just have to get lucky with a OLB, my advice is NEVER move an 88 guy to DE but always do MLB, since the difference between 84 and 88 for a DE is minimal, while it really does matter for a MLB.

You're welcome ;)

Wow, I haven't played the last two years of Madden ,it sounds like a lot of stuff has changed!

Addict
06-04-2007, 01:32 AM
With all you guys whining about the 40 times, some guys like Devin Hester ran a 4.41, 40, but will have 100 speed. I think they're trying to make it realistic by making people screw up their 40, or run their fastest 40 ever.

Well not really because... well this is a game, we don't see these guys actually play, so yeah, it's a big deal when you put a high pick into a guy who turns out to be a slowpoke or weakling (linemen with 77-82 strength are USELESS). The fact these forty times are so way off sometimes is annoying and frustrating.

Try this one: a wide reciever who runs a 4.41 to 4.47 has 88 to 90 speed, a linebacker who does the same ends up with 80-84. Why? They ran the sam friggin' 40, and this isn't a freak event, it's right 9 times out of 10.

TheMadLionsFan
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
have any of you played NFL Head Coach?

Addict
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
have any of you played NFL Head Coach?

lol they don't even sell that game here.

Scotty D
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I saw it in the used bin at Gamestop for $5. Almost bought it.

BufFan71
06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
dont buy it......

BufFan71
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
i made the mistake of buying it

Notredameleo
06-10-2007, 03:55 PM
I also bought it,,,,Piece of ****....!

detroit4life
06-10-2007, 06:14 PM
i was going to but was just to lazy to go to the store so i never did im glad i didnt either

asmitty45
06-10-2007, 07:56 PM
ya i bought it and i realized that i would hate to be a head coach if that game is a remotely decent reflection of what the job really is like.

I'll stick to madden