PDA

View Full Version : Jenkins a no show at minicamp

BlindSite
05-30-2007, 06:22 PM
For those of you who're unaware. During the NFL draft the Carolina Panthers received an offer from the St Louis Rams for Kris Jenkins, a second round pick.

The Carolina Panthers refused this offer instead opting to trade down with the Jets and pick up a second rounder anyway.

After being on the trading block for a few months Jenkins began to actually do something in the offseason and got into decent shape. After the trade didn't come to fruition he reportedly (from the Charlotte Observer etc) said he was happy to be in Carolina, and that it was "just business" and seemed to be on board.

Now he's a no show in camp.

From what I've heard, and I can't name my source because the NFL has already had words with me and people I work with about our coverage of the Panthers, Jenkins loves to run his mouth in TC. When they're doing sprints he's always talking back to the Strength and Condition coach and has apparently got into heated arguments with both him and Trgovac during drills over the past few years.

I'm thinking the big baby might be getting sick of being in Carolina because he has to work to keep his roster spot. After not getting traded he was probably pissed off and having to go run in the Spartanberg heat isn't helping.

He's a great player when motivated, its just getting him there that's the trouble. He is apparently working out with a personal trainer, but that's what he's told sources for the last few years and he's always shown up to camp, sloppy and nearly 380 pounds.,

Moses
05-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Typical "insider" information. I hate to be rude about it, but there are a hundred people that pretend to be insiders and, in fact, aren't. I'm not saying that you don't have a connection or that this news isn't reliable, I'm just saying most people will be weary to believe this.

BlindSite
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical "insider" information. I hate to be rude about it, but there are a hundred people that pretend to be insiders and, in fact, aren't. I'm not saying that you don't have a connection or that this news isn't reliable, I'm just saying most people will be weary to believe this.

Its ok, you can check out my work on www.carolinahuddle.com just to pimp my name lol, but I do write for them. Here's some stuff from an interview our guy conducted.

A few questions to Damione Lewis:

Do you talk to Kris?

"Every once in awhile I do."

What did he say?

"We just talked about average stuff, we really didn't get into business. I'm friends with Kris and he's a great guy and we'll just leave it at that."

Does it put the team at a disadvantage when he doesn't show up to this?

"I really can't comment. Like I said this is business and I really don't know anything about the situation and I'll just leave it at that."

And from Mike Wahle:

Even though these are voluntary is it pretty much understood that.....

"If you are talking about Kris I really don't know why he's not here and it's not my business to talk about him."

If anyone wants or feels they need more confirmation, admins, mods or whatever, PM me and I'll be happy to provide the information, but publicly I cannot do it. And I've probably all ready posted stuff I shouldn't have.

BlindSite
05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
John Fox's comments:

http://www.panthers.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=19436

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
There are several (3) Giants posters on this forum that are "big shots" on other websites. Neither of them are BBD or Damix.

stephenson86
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
get rid of him, get a nice pick and move on

Ravens1991
05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
isnt one of them Shockey+Manning=Shocking? I always thought that user name was cool.

stephenson86
05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
isnt one of them Shockey+Manning=Shocking? I always thought that user name was cool.

me too, purely because they are truly shocking (not the good kind)

i really despise both of them and i hope they both disappear together one day

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 07:00 PM
me too, purely because they are truly shocking (not the good kind)

i really despise both of them and i hope they both disappear together one day
Many feel the same way about you.

diabsoule
05-30-2007, 07:00 PM

That username was original.

diabsoule
05-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Tough internet talk. Man, I wish I had the balls to be an internet tough guy.

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Tough internet talk. Man, I wish I had the balls to be an internet tough guy.
Hey, what kind of fan would I be if I didn't stick up for my team?

BlindSite
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow, can we not stray off topic into hate.

diabsoule
05-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey, what kind of fan would I be if I didn't stick up for my team?

You didn't really stand up for you team other than saying that "many" felt that stephenson86 was "shocking (in a bad way)". If you would have said, "I disagree, I feel that Shockey and Manning are good players and the Giants will do better than the Titans" then that would have been standing up for your team.

ricky bobby
05-30-2007, 07:14 PM
How does Carolina decline a second round pick for a guy that has had so many issues throughout his career? Didn't he struggle with substance abuse on top of his major injuries? That's poor managment.

Shiver
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
He has a lost almost all of his '02-'03 explosion due to injuries and weight issues. I think they should have traded him for a 2nd round pick, personally.

diabsoule
05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
He has a lost almost all of his '02-'03 explosion due to injuries and weight issues. I think they should have traded him for a 2nd round pick, personally.

No doubt.

And Shiv, the quote in your sig says "Were better than you" so are you trying to tell the noobs that you were better than them at one point but you're not anymore?

Shiver
05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
It's a quote from Dodgeball.

diabsoule
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
It's a quote from Dodgeball.

I know but shouldn't it be "we're" (we are) rather than were.

Shiver
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow, I cannot believe I missed that one. LOL

stephenson86
05-31-2007, 04:56 AM

good job im not a pro footballer then ey

BlindSite
05-31-2007, 07:36 AM

He hasn't really, he's been two years out of football, that's a long time to readjust and he was above average last year, if he can remain at the form he was he would've been better than anyone we could've drafted either first or second round anyway.

jkpigskin
05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
the panthers should have done this trade.... this is the 1st time i heard about this trade, but kris jenkins is as fragile as a crystal cup being dropped from ontop of the sears tower..... rams are sooooo desperate for Dline help that they offered a really good deal, but the panthers declined

and on a side note, jenkins is only good in madden when you turn off injury :D

JustJoe2k5
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Jenkins played all sixteen games last season, so the "fragile as a crystal cup" line doesn't really apply here. Why give up on a player who, on any given Sunday, can be the best at his position in the NFL?

Shiver
05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
He hasn't really, he's been two years out of football, that's a long time to readjust and he was above average last year, if he can remain at the form he was he would've been better than anyone we could've drafted either first or second round anyway.

I would agree, but he reportedly showed up in the 380-lbs range.

xooberon
05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I would agree, but he reportedly showed up in the 380-lbs range.

he does that every year, but he is always in shape come the start of the season

LonghornsLegend
05-31-2007, 04:44 PM
ill still take him in dallas...it be a risk id be willing to take for a mid rd pick...he couldnt make us any worse off

BlindSite
05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
he does that every year, but he is always in shape come the start of the season

Without doubt, he works it all off, but I think it pisses the coaches off.

BlindSite
05-31-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/39208.html