RB2: Franco Harris
TE: Mark Bruener
WR1: John Stallworth
WR2:Hines Ward
OL1(LT): Jon Kolb
OL2(LG): Alan Faneca
OL3(OC): Dermonti Dawson
OL4(RG): Mike Webster - He was originally a guard
OL5(RT): Tunch Ilkin - I'd Pick Leon Searcy, but he retired a Jag.

DL1(LDE): L.C. Greenwood
DL2(LDT): Joe Greene ( Lipscomb wasn't close here, but he was damn good)
DL3(RDT): Ernie Stautner (Casey Hampton was close but Stautner..damn)
DL4(RDE): Dwight Mad-Dog White

LB1(WLB): Jack Ham
LB2(MLB): Jack Lambert
LB3(SLB): Greg Lloyd

DB1(LCB): Rod Woodson
DB2(RCB): Mel Blount
DB3(FS) : Carnell Lake
DB4(SS) : Donnie Shell (Love Troy, but 2 seasons vs 14..)

K/P1: Lou Michaels
K/P2: Gary Anderson

jonbrodo17
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I am a philadelphia eagles fan, are the steelers following the eagles footsteps with the 75 anniversary team or was the steelers first?

terribletowel39
05-31-2007, 06:17 PM
we were probably first and stiller, i don't want to start a debate on era's but there is noway Stautner deserves it over Hampton, Hampton is an immoveable object in the middle and has been since he started. i know Stautner is in HOF but they used to give those things away. Stautner weighed less than most of our linebackers do right now at 230lbs, even though i know that the lineman weighed considerably less then too. i just don't think that Stautner should make it over Hampton, Hampton can be argued as one of our greates linemen ever and that is saying something, Hampton and Mean Joe would be immoveable in the middle.

Mr. Stiller
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
we were probably first and stiller, i don't want to start a debate on era's but there is noway Stautner deserves it over Hampton, Hampton is an immoveable object in the middle and has been since he started. i know Stautner is in HOF but they used to give those things away. Stautner weighed less than most of our linebackers do right now at 230lbs, even though i know that the lineman weighed considerably less then too. i just don't think that Stautner should make it over Hampton, Hampton can be argued as one of our greates linemen ever and that is saying something, Hampton and Mean Joe would be immoveable in the middle.

Have you ever seen Stautner Play? He in his era was probably better than Mean Joe Greene.

Football wasn't the big deal it is now, or in the late 70's. At 230lbs, he whipped into the backfield literally every play.

As for Lipscomb, the guy was 6'9, 330lbs and ran a 4.55 40' said one of his teammates (John Henry Johnson).

Trust me I love Casey Hampton and it's a little unfair because he's unselfish in the 3-4, but Casey has never and likely will never be as dominant as Stautner was during his time.

On top of that.. Ernie Stautner is literally the ONLY STEELERS PLAYER TO HAVE ART ROONEY OFFICIALLY RETIRE HIS #!

DeathbyStat
06-01-2007, 04:28 PM
It gotta be Stautner he is the only guy have his number retired by the steelers

S4L
06-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I am a philadelphia eagles fan, are the steelers following the eagles footsteps with the 75 anniversary team or was the steelers first?

I doubt anyone was "copying" anyone. Most teams do things like this for 50th, 75th, and 100th anniversaries.

Mr. Stiller
06-02-2007, 01:57 PM
It gotta be Stautner he is the only guy have his number retired by the steelers

It does, I hate it, but I mean its' tough when you have the same amount of Talent our defense has had over the past 30 years.

Joe Greene and Ernie Stautner were literally the best players our defense has had during their tenures.

Hampton IMO will be a HOFer and is a Pro-Bowler, but he's not 1/10th as dominant as Ernie Stautner is.

I remember the Stautner was on a team that lost the game to get in the playoffs, the first game he had back was against the team that beat them (Giants I believe) and Stautner hit the QB so hard he broke his nose and 4 ribs.