PDA

View Full Version : Which incoming freshmen running back will make the biggest impact

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Which guy will have the biggest impact this year?

TouchdownUSC
05-30-2007, 10:50 PM
everyone has been saying great things about Joe Mcknight but I just have a feeling Marc Tyler is going to be the guy that really tears it up next year

soybean
05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
everyone has been saying great things about Joe Mcknight but I just have a feeling Marc Tyler is going to be the guy that really tears it up next year

thats if he plays.

jbeans187
05-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Graig Cooper will be splitting time with Javarris James, hopefully they can create some thunder and lightning like Clemson

Don Vito
05-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Out of all those guys on that list I think LeSean McCoy is in the best position to put up some decent stats. Pitt does have a few talented runners like Kevin Collier but I think McCoy is a great athlete who will be ready to make things happen after a prep year and a realtively uncrowded backfield (as opposed to the other options).

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Brandon Saine. He has insane measurables, and has the production to back it up. This kid can pound the ball, he can catch, and is a home-run threat every down. He could be a perfect speed/power compliment for the power runner Chris Wells.

05-31-2007, 02:13 AM
One of the Trojan boys baby!

sweetness34
05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
I'll go with McKnight, he's got the skill set to contribute in many different ways.

reese
05-31-2007, 02:28 AM
if noel devine gets to play then i thnk it will be him...as fast and quick as he is and with wvu's offense as good as it is i can see him havin some quick sucess

jbooshey
05-31-2007, 09:52 AM
John Clay...he is going to lighten the load for PJ Hill and then eventually take over

TouchdownUSC
05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
thats if he plays.

yeah you're right, there is a chance he may redshirt but im hoping i get to see him play next year

constant cough
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Even though he didn't go to LSU I gotta go with Joe McKnight. Can't deny a talent like that.

soybean
05-31-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah you're right, there is a chance he may redshirt but im hoping i get to see him play next year

i think he even said himself that he was gonna redshirt.

Michigan
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM
can someone fill me in in how lesean mccoy ended up at pitt?

marc tyler won't play this year.

Acreboy
05-31-2007, 03:46 PM
LSU fan here..McKnight..

504 to ATL
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Most of those guys will hardly play a lick. I will go with McCoy.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
can someone fill me in in how lesean mccoy ended up at pitt?

marc tyler won't play this year.

Yea, I thought he was a Miami lock...

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Yea, I thought he was a Miami lock...

First of all the kid is half r3tarded. Literally. I will be shocked to see him stay eligible in College.

Second, I'm not sure he ever knew where he wanted to go. After he knew he had to go to Prep school he commited to Miami just to have a fall back school IMO.

Then Graig Cooper who went to the same prep school as McCoy commited to Miami & I don't think he wanted to compete with him.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm pretty sure he's not going to sniff the field.

I heard the injury he suffered was horrific and he could be out for a long time.

HoopsDemon12
05-31-2007, 09:04 PM
If Devine can keep up his GPA.... than he makes the greatest impact. because didnt they move that fullback to fulltime tightend? so if they do that they can have both devine and slaton and white in the same backfield... thats deadly, they have to account for all three leaving noel to make plays. But if he cant keep up his GPA.... Its McKnight the kids amazing. I just think that backfield is way to loaded for him to be assured playing time.

Zyro_1014
06-02-2007, 09:11 AM
If Devine can keep up his GPA.... than he makes the greatest impact. because didnt they move that fullback to fulltime tightend? so if they do that they can have both devine and slaton and white in the same backfield... thats deadly, they have to account for all three leaving noel to make plays. But if he cant keep up his GPA.... Its McKnight the kids amazing. I just think that backfield is way to loaded for him to be assured playing time.

see the thing with McKnight tho is that even if he isnt getting a lot of time in the backfield this year, hes going to be in there a ton, playing in the slot and he's probably going to be the punt and kick returner, so McKnight will definately make a HUGE impact this year. IMO

Zyro_1014
06-02-2007, 09:13 AM

I agree with you, i think Marc Tyler was really the best running back in the class this year. Hes very fast, hes strong and he breaks a ton of tackles. He runs harder than alot of runningbacks ive seen. But unfortunately he probably wont play at all next year. But when him and mcknight are sophs and juniors they will straight up dominate. They are going to be Thunder and Lightning V2.