PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter could start

Finlayson56
05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar/2007/05/29/Another_shot_at_Tuna

what will this mean for akin

HEISMANHERSCHEL
05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I am not sure he will start. He may be moving inside to backup the starters.

If I were a betting man, though, I would bet he would replace James instead of Akin. Akin showed me more than James did.

Am I the only one that is starting to worry about Carpenter? It seems to me that his statements about no knowing what was expected of him last year are a cop out. Ware seemed to know what was expected of him, and so did Ellis. Why are Carpenter and Burnett allowed to blame the staff from last year?

I like Carpenter, and I think I like Burnett more. But is there really a chance no one told them what to do? And I also thought Carpenter was supposed to be a good fit because he had been ina similar system in college.

Sorry for the rant!

M.O.T.H.
05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Where does that say, Carp will start? I think Akin and Bradie will be the starters still... Bradie has cut 15 pounds...he's back down to his rookie weight, he's looking faster, and he's loving the new scheme...Bradie should be much improved this season. Both these guys are getting paid big bucks to start and that's exactly what they're gonna do. Isn't Carp backing up Bradie? When Akin was out for his surgery, Burnett took over with the first team defense, not Carpenter.

thule
05-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Carp is our SILB...which means he is backing up Bradie fyi finlayson

robert_in_bigd
05-31-2007, 09:40 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar/2007/05/29/Another_shot_at_Tuna

what will this mean for akin

After all the complaining this off-season these bums better not collapse again defensively.

Funny how a D Coach with a few HOFers and two rings to his credit is an idiot and the new new new coaches are shear genius.

Just wish they would shut up already.

05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
After all the complaining this off-season these bums better not collapse again defensively.

Funny how a D Coach with a few HOFers and two rings to his credit is an idiot and the new new new coaches are shear genius.

Yea definatly we better have one of the best records and get to AT LEAST the Super Bowl.

Macarthur
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM

I agree with you in general, but I think there is something to this. I do not think Parcells was the same HOF coach he was in the past.

However, they have put themselves in such a position that they better kick ass this year.

robert_in_bigd
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I agree with you in general, but I think there is something to this. I do not think Parcells was the same HOF coach he was in the past.

However, they have put themselves in such a position that they better kick ass this year.

Honestly, I agree in some ways the "game" has passed Parcells by but not because of the game itself but the players. Every player thinks they are a super star, or entitled to the role.

Parcells, as well as anyone with a brain, understands that only a few true superstars can exist. Not only is it a law of math but required by the best of teams.

Evidence, Horace Grant with the Bulls and without. Scottie with Michael and without. Troy Aikman with Irvin and without. Hell, look at San Antonio Spurs.

So hard to get a group of guys who are so rich and so spoiled to realise that maybe there is one star on the team (Peyton and sortof Marvin in Indy) and the rest are just support to reach a team goal.

Cowboys can have all the talent in the world but will not win unless the players understand their roles and only 1 or 2 can really shine. No place for 11 Pro-Bowlers on Offense or Defense.

DMWSackMachine
06-05-2007, 01:30 PM
This guy lost me when he said that "the Cowboys are moving Carpenter back to inside LB, the position he played at Ohio State". What a dumbass.

SweatThePipe
06-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Where does that say, Carp will start? I think Akin and Bradie will be the starters still... Bradie has cut 15 pounds...he's back down to his rookie weight, he's looking faster, and he's loving the new scheme...Bradie should be much improved this season. Both these guys are getting paid big bucks to start and that's exactly what they're gonna do. Isn't Carp backing up Bradie? When Akin was out for his surgery, Burnett took over with the first team defense, not Carpenter.

Carp makes more than either of them. That's alot of $ "backing up".

M.O.T.H.
06-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Carp makes more than either of them. That's alot of $ "backing up".

Since when is Carpenter making more than either of them?

He signed a 5 year deal worth 12 million. Bradie's contract was 5 years 20 million w/ an 8 million dollar signing bonus and Akin's was a 5 year deal worth 17.5 mil w/ a 5 million dollar signing bonus. Carp is the youngest of the three and he is making the least of the three...

SweatThePipe
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
you right. I ****** up. My fault.

M.O.T.H.
06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
you right. I ****** up. My fault.

It's all good...no big deal...

Gribble
06-11-2007, 10:33 AM
At least we're excited with this new scheme. Hopefully the players won't turn on Phillips if there are rough spots...