Ali Highsmith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali Highsmith

Of LSU, with his small size, do u reckon a move to safety may be on the cards when he moves up to the pros?

at 6 1 and about 225 hes very undersized for a pro LB and will struggle with blockers and bigger power backs

No he definitely could play WLB in the NFL. He is probably 6-1 225-230 which is small for a LB but definitely won't force a move to SS. He would be a great pickup for a tampa 2 team, but I think his career won't be limited to a tampa 2 WLB. He is a great player with blazing speed for the position and he is a playmaker who knows how to hit. He could go first round imo.

Comment

is he fast enough to play safety?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

could be the next Derrick Brooks?(just sain could move to saftey to help his draft stock, but stuck at LB)

Comment

I don't see a move to safety. I think he's good at LB. He's small, but he's a playmaker and I think he really could be a star on a Tampa 2 team, as Don Vito said.

BoneKrusher

Comment

He really only needs to pack on 15 pounds to continue to play LB.

Comment

He has a nose for the ball, he makes plays and plays alot bigger then he actually is..... with some solid workouts this years verison of Ernie Sims?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                No he definitely could play WLB in the NFL. He is probably 6-1 225-230 which is small for a LB but definitely won't force a move to SS. He would be a great pickup for a tampa 2 team, but I think his career won't be limited to a tampa 2 WLB. He is a great player with blazing speed for the position and he is a playmaker who knows how to hit. He could go first round imo.
                I think so too. I think late first but still the first. He's a player.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

I don't think he's fast enough to play safety but he's a great fit for the tampa 2 anyway.

Comment

I think size is overrated a lot of the time. I mean there is definitely a line, but you don't have to be an elite LB with size and speed to be effective in the NFL. Keith Bulluck is 6-3 and maybe 235 max, and while he doesn't excel against the run per se, he still has a place on the NFL field, in a traditional 4-3 D no less.

Heart, skill, intelligence etc will limit a player before size IMO (realistically speaking of course).

Comment

A lot of teams are looking for speed at LB. They will put a little more weight on him but i dont think they will move him to SS

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

As a Giants fan would you think that Highsmith could be a good fit for them? I didn't pay too much attention to him in college since I'm an ACC guy.
                        The A-Man
                        -- Die Hard Virginia Fan --

Comment

I'd love to see Ali in Black and Purple next year!
                          HALL OF FAMER!
                          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by ammandss View Post
                            As a Giants fan would you think that Highsmith could be a good fit for them? I didn't pay too much attention to him in college since I'm an ACC guy.
                            You add his spped and playmaking ability. To the front line with Osi, Strahan, and Tuck( who is a beast) they could really couse havak in the back field.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

he's definitely a LB, don't let the size fool you because he's an excellent tackler and doesn't shy away from any contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information