Who takes Paul Oliver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who takes Paul Oliver?

Who do you think is going to end up the highest bidder on Oliver in the supplemental draft? The Chiefs are a realy possibility IMO. Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are one of the oldest CB tandems in the NFL, and there's not much depth behind them. Oliver can come in and play NB for a year, and take over for Law in 2008. My only question is how well does he fit in a Tampa 2 defense?

I would be so happy if the Chiefs took him. It might take a 2nd round pick to do so but why not? He would be a 1st round pick next year anyways and by the time next season rolls around he will already have a year of experience and will still be the same age.

Comment

If Houston has a 2nd round pick next year I think they use it on Oliver in the supplemental draft. They really could use more CB depth

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        If Houston has a 2nd round pick next year I think they use it on Oliver in the supplemental draft. They really could use more CB depth

They gave up their 2nd round pick in the Matt Schaub trade.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
          They gave up their 2nd round pick in the Matt Schaub trade.
          Thats what I thought

Comment

i wouldn't mind the cardinals using a 2nd on him, but i think its more likely that he will go for a 3rd or 4th because bad grades shows a lack of commitment or him just being dumb

Comment

buffalo fits the bill (no pun intended) . would be a great replacement for clements

Comment

im surprised to see that you cover 2 guys like him, i thought the point of a cover 2 was so that you don't have to spend a lot on corners and they just bump receivers and play the flats

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  im surprised to see that you cover 2 guys like him, i thought the point of a cover 2 was so that you don't have to spend a lot on corners and they just bump receivers and play the flats
                  Spending a 2nd, 3rd or 4th really isn't out of the question for Cover 2 guys. Using a first round on a cover corner would probably be less then ideal but anything else than that would be acceptable. The Buccaneers have shown it can be done with guys like Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly so to take Oliver with a 2nd/3rd/4th wouldn't be a problem at all.

Comment

I'd hope the Steelers would give up a 3rd for him but nothing more.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I don't know about Oliver, but the Giants seem to be interested in the OG/OT from Nebraska. I wouldn't spend anything more than a 3rd on Oliver.

Comment

Originally posted by GREENSMACKS View Post
                        buffalo fits the bill (no pun intended) . would be a great replacement for clements
                        Knowing we have an extra 3rd round pick this year from the McGahee Trade I'd be willing to give up a 3rd round pick for Oliver if I were the Bills

Comment

I think Green Bay could really use him, both Al Harris and Charles Woodson will both be at least 31 by the time the season starts and there is very little depth behind them. I liked the pick up of Frank Walker but they could use some help at cornerback.

Comment

I'm thinking the Denver Broncos. First Maurice Clarrett, then Marcus Thomas, and now Paul Oliver? jk
                            Last edited by TACKLE; 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I don't really see the Cowboys picking him with the 21st pick in the 2nd round, but I wouldn't mind them doing so.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information