Javorskie Lane?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javorskie Lane?

what is your opinions on Javorskie Lane, Texas A&M RB?

he's fat, not much of a pro prospect

Comment

i think he is a unique college player but i dont think he will be quick enough to play RB in the NFL

Comment

I coukd see him taking on a Bettis-type roll for a team; Though he might be moved to FB.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
          I coukd see him taking on a Bettis-type roll for a team; Though he might be moved to FB.
          He doesn't have the necessary skill set, or for that matter, the necessary athleticism, to consistently produce as a HB. So that negates the possibility of a "Bettis type role". Will he be able to master the nuances of the FB position, that's an interesting question. We'll see. At this point, I'd say he's a 5th-7th round guy.
          Check out my blog and website:
          www.4thand99.com

Comment

extremly poor mans version of TJ Ducket.......scratch him off of any pro prospect lists at RB......

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Hes not nearly as athletic as bettis. How are his hands, could he be a TE?

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

he's fat...and isn't even A&M's best RB

Comment

Lane will have to make the move to FB is he wants to play in the NFL.

Comment

all he would be good for is getting that 1 or 2 yards and goal line guy.

Comment

J-train! ...yeah he's not going to be anything after college and Goodson is way better than J-train.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by schmiddog View Post
                        He doesn't have the necessary skill set, or for that matter, the necessary athleticism, to consistently produce as a HB. So that negates the possibility of a "Bettis type role". Will he be able to master the nuances of the FB position, that's an interesting question. We'll see. At this point, I'd say he's a 5th-7th round guy.
                        When I say Bettis-type roll, I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that he could be a player that you could mix with a smaller back and have success, like in Bettis' late career, specifically in '05. I'm not saying he can be a fulltime back in the NFL by any means, and I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.

Now that I think of it, a more specific role to put him in would be that of Brandon Jacobs this past year, which was short yardage, red zone, and some mixing in on other plays. That's problably the best he could do, though. BTW, This is in no way shape or form a comparison to BJ, only an example of a role ina an offense.
                        Last edited by Staubach12; 06-26-2007, 11:02 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Reminds me a lot of Ja'mar Toombs who was another HUGE Texas A&M RB who was too fat and slow for the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                            When I say Bettis-type roll, I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that he could be a player that you could mix with a smaller back and have success, like in Bettis' late career, specifically in '05. I'm not saying he can be a fulltime back in the NFL by any means, and I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.

Now that I think of it, a more specific role to put him in would be that of Brandon Jacobs this past year, which was short yardage, red zone, and some mixing in on other plays. That's problably the best he could do, though. BTW, This is in no way shape or form a comparison to BJ, only an example of a role ina an offense.
                            Yeah, I understand, but even so, I don't think he could be effective even in a platoon situation. He's just too lumbering, and the punishment he doles out now in the college ranks will be rendered largely ineffective in the pros. I like him as a VERY occasional change of pace player to run in short yardage, or maybe take a screen or two from time to time.
                            Check out my blog and website:
                            www.4thand99.com

Comment

Originally posted by dware_94 View Post
                              he's fat...and isn't even A&M's best RB
                              Lane is number 1 on A&M's depth chart so he must be doing something right. I have seen him catch some pretty deep passes but i still dont know if TE would be a good fit for him. I think fullback is his best option if he cant play HB. He is a pretty good blocker

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information