Colt Brennan: real deal or system qb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Brennan: real deal or system qb?

Scott had him as a first rounder when he looked like he was going to be in the draft. I heard that some teams around the league view him as a system QB, but with better pro potential then Timmy Chang. From what I've seen his arm strength is good, has a quick release, and is very mobile. Maybe its just lesser competition and the numbers from the run in shoot. Thoughts?

He is a good prospect... he is the best qb for pro potential to ever play and U of H.... chang may have the records... but brennan will stay in the US.... chang is fighting for the starting job with the hamilton tigercats as we speak

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I kinda give him a Steve Young comparison. Steve Young came from the wide open passing system in BYU but still turned out to be a hall of fame QB. Both are mobile. Being in Hawaii's system really gives people scares on picking him but I have a good feeling about him. He also reminds me of Marc Bulgar for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
        He is a good prospect... he is the best qb for pro potential to ever play and U of H.... chang may have the records... but brennan will stay in the US.... chang is fighting for the starting job with the hamilton tigercats as we speak
        I'm pretty sure it wasn't Chang's ideal decision to go to CFL.. If you ain't cut for the NFL I guess it was his only option to make some real money.

Comment

Alot of people compare him to Chang but most of these people have never actually taken time to watch him play.They merely look at the stats.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            I'm pretty sure it wasn't Chang's ideal decision to go to CFL.. If you ain't cut for the NFL I guess it was his only option to make some real money.
            There isn't much money in the CFL. A lot of guys have jobs during the off-season to pay the bills.

Comment

well no americans plan is to play in the cfl i think but like moses said... the money aint great out here...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                well no americans plan is to play in the cfl i think but like moses said... the money aint great out here...
                Maybe I misunderstood what you said, but you made it sound like Timmy Chang said: "**** the NFL!" when you posted Colt will stay in America.

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood what you said, but you made it sound like Timmy Chang said: "**** the NFL!" when you posted Colt will stay in America.
                  ya i can see how you would get that... i could have made it a lot more clear my bad

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Another positive Brennan has is being close with Matt Leinart. He was Leinart's backup early in high school, and Leinart has been a big brother to him ever since.

Another negative for Brennan is the run in with the law which he was cleared of the worst charges but found guilty in lesser ones. That's what led him from Colorado to juco to Hawaii.

Comment

Coach June Junes has said Colt will be taking a lot of snaps under center this upcoming season to prepare him better for the NFL. Colt's also been on a strict weight gain regiment and wants to put on 10-15 pounds. As far as pro potential, he's got everything you want in a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by chcwarriorpoet View Post
                        Another positive Brennan has is being close with Matt Leinart. He was Leinart's backup early in high school, and Leinart has been a big brother to him ever since.

Another negative for Brennan is the run in with the law which he was cleared of the worst charges but found guilty in lesser ones. That's what led him from Colorado to juco to Hawaii.
                        Hey, nobody's perfect but, he's a hell of a ball player. Although him and Leinart are close friends, they are totally different types of QBs..

Comment

I love Brennan. He's very mobile, yet he knows how to pass very well, too. His arm strength is very good as is his accuracy. His reads are good, though that may be an adjustment when he gets to the NFL, but I don't see that being a big problem. The system QB thing is crap. The system has it's biggest impact on his stats. However, on a play-by-play basis, he's a hell of a QB. I could see him going as high as the top-10 with another big year, though it'll be hard to replicate the success of this past year. So, realistically, he's top-25.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Coach June Junes has said Colt will be taking a lot of snaps under center this upcoming season to prepare him better for the NFL. Colt's also been on a strict weight gain regiment and wants to put on 10-15 pounds.
                            I like the sound of that...nice to see Jones modifying his game a bit to help Colt's future. As for weight gain...he needs a solid 20, imo. Def. possible from here until the combine...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

well last year, colt said he was about 210, so i bet he can get to 225. Besides, i view a throwin motion like a batting stance in baseball, dont mess with what got you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information