Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think are the chances of the Giants drafting a QB next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think are the chances of the Giants drafting a QB next year?

Just wondering what you guys thought?

I think there is absolutely no chance we go QB in round 1 or 2, but what do you guys think of the chances of the Giants possibly drafting a QB after then?

Eli may just do enough to be the starter again in '08, but Jerry Reese said recently that right now Eli is not where he wanted him to be, and while the Giants keep Eli on the field due to trying to keep faith in him due to all the draft picks we spent on him, I think we may well draft a QB next year and groom him while Eli tries to prove he is worth the starting position and maybe it would be a message from the front office to tell him that we drafted this guy with the future in mind and to alert you your position is not safeas you've cost this franchise a lot of draft pick over the years and underachieved so if you don't play upto expectations,we need to have someone ready to take over should he fail.

What do you guys think? Also what QBs could you possibly see going around the 3rd and 4th round next year?

You could maybe compare it to Buffalo drafting Trent Edwards, but more critical!
    Last edited by NYGIANTSFAN_UK; 07-02-2007, 11:32 AM.

Sam Keller could be a 3rd round QB that could develop into a solid NFL QB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Losman is GODLY compared to Eli.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

i think that if Eli doesn't do something this year that shows he can make good decisions and be consistent then they may look for a project late day one.

Comment

Eli is perfectly capable of being an NFL QB. We have seen him lead his team to 2:00 minute drill comebacks this shows he has the mental edge and all of the physical skills to get the job done. Though at other times he look lost out there and throws for less than 50yds total and 3 ints. I'm not saying hes great or anything but he certainly has the makings of what it takes. All he really needs is Fassel back as a QB coach or hell anybody other than the old coot that we've got now.

Now if he doesn't preform this year they will definitely be looking QB. Not in the First 2-3 rounds though because that would show the lack of thought for trading away 2 drafts for a lousy player, not to mention a great one(p. rivers). So look for a guy that falls out of the mix and the g-men will probably take a stab in to the proverbial pot again.
          Last edited by tEk; 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM.

Hitman D

Comment

The Giants have made too big of an investment to give up on Eli Manning. Quite frankly they are stuck with him, for better or for worse.

Comment

Eli has shown he has the skill to make it. Consistency is his only problem right now, which is a problem with a lot of QBs in this league. BBD will tell you he won't flourish unless TC changes his downfield game plan. I agree to a point, he'll never have a high QB rating in his current system because too many throws are not exactly high&#37;. If he starts dumping it off more, I'm not exactly sure if the coaches will be happy with him.

I'd expect more of the same of last year, with a little more improvement. A small raise of his completion % and TD totals, with a small drop in INTs.

To answer your question 0% they take any QB unless your looking at a 6-7th round project.

Comment

He's here for another 2 years at least. If he has a bad year, the coaching staff goes. If he has another bad year with a new coaching staff, He's gone.

Eli is a different player in the begining of the year than he is at the end. The past two seasons he has started out strong, then faded. I used to think that it's because he's a southern boy and can't handle the cold, but that would be too simple. The blaim has to be spread around. Eli deserves some, But no all the blaim. Bad reciever play, injuries, playcalling had a lot to do with Eli's downfall towards the end of last year.

Comment

i thnk eli will be fine. do they still have lorenzen?

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
                    i thnk eli will be fine. do they still have lorenzen?
                    Yessir. And we have an opening at fullback. I hope our coaches can put two and two together. :)

Comment

Eli is a huge investment. He has a huge contract, was the goal of a risky trade, and the hopes of that franchise for at least another 2 or 3 years rests with him.

He'd have to have an awful year both on and off the field for them to flat out ditch him. A late 1st quarterback wouldn't out of the question, but I don't think the Giants want to damage that kid's confidence anymore than it already has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        Eli is a huge investment. He has a huge contract, was the goal of a risky trade, and the hopes of that franchise for at least another 2 or 3 years rests with him.

He'd have to have an awful year both on and off the field for them to flat out ditch him. A late 1st quarterback wouldn't out of the question, but I don't think the Giants want to damage that kid's confidence anymore than it already has been.
                        I believe he's on the 50 highest paid athletes list.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                          I believe he's on the 50 highest paid athletes list.
                          And it goes deeper than that. If the Giants dump him, they are probably prematurely admitting massive failure. There's pride among NFL general managers, and I can't see them dumping Eli Manning this soon.

Look at how long teams typically hold onto first round quarterbacks, and most of those players weren't as sought after hard as the Giants sought after Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            And it goes deeper than that. If the Giants dump him, they are probably prematurely admitting massive failure. There's pride among NFL general managers, and I can't see them dumping Eli Manning this soon.

Look at how long teams typically hold onto first round quarterbacks, and most of those players weren't as sought after hard as the Giants sought after Eli.
                            JP Lossman comes to mind..

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                              JP Lossman comes to mind..
                              How so? Losman didn't play his first year, showed flashes in his second, and had a damn fine year in his third.

The Browns held onto Couch for 5 years, as did the Texans with Carr. The Bengals held onto Smith for 4 years, and those 4 years were absolutely putrid.

Unless Manning goes out and does something terrible off the field or regresses majorly on the field, I think he's safe for at least another 2 seasons. He may never be awesome, but he'll probably be above average.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information