Calais Campbell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calais Campbell

The guys a freak 6'8" 285lbs but i was wandering how good he really is, is he fast, can he get to the QB, can he over power defenders and will he fit better in the 4-3 or 3-4?

He runs a 4.6-4.7 in the mold of Julius Peppers. A 4-3 guy. Productive. Not strong enough (IMO) to play inside like Mario Williams.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      He runs a 4.6-4.7 in the mold of Julius Peppers. A 4-3 guy. Productive. Not strong enough (IMO) to play inside like Mario Williams.
      I agree with your analysis. He's best suited as a pure 4-3 DE. Though he does has the frame to Bulk up. He looks pretty thin for a guy who is 280. If he can get in the 290-295 range for the combine and still keep his speed he could be scary.

Here's a highlight video of him I found. It's not the best video but you still get the idea.
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=gnRx_RZgzvA

Comment

Campbell=Man-Child

Comment

He will be next year's #1 draft pick if the team picking #1 already has a franchise RB...such as Washington.

I would be shocked to see him fall out of the top 3 next season.

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
            He will be next year's #1 draft pick if the team picking #1 already has a franchise RB...such as Washington.

It doesn't take much for anyone to fall out of the top 3. Calais could have sprained his ankle in pee wee football and he would fall out of the top 3. Scouts know everything, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Saints View Post
              It doesn't take much for anyone to fall out of the top 3. Calais could have sprained his ankle in pee wee football and he would fall out of the top 3. Scouts know everything, and more.
              Can someone know more then everything????

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                Can someone know more then everything????
                If their vocation is "NFL Scout"

Comment

Why can i not find highlight films on campbell or phillips? They are both best at thier position for nfl potential... yet nothing... that was the fisrt highlight film i have seen

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Because noone wants to watch Ken Phillips tackle people for 10 minutes.. and Campbell is mostly based on pro potential rather than college performance.

Comment

Because noone wants to watch Ken Phillips tackle people for 10 minutes.. and Campbell is mostly based on pro potential rather than college performance.
                      Well he did have 10 sacks, 20 tkl and 80 tackles last year.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

how is that different from watching anyone else tackle people for 10 min... besides a lto of films are like 3-5 min long... and like DG said... 10 1/2 sacks is production... although maybe that 1/2 a sack is decieving? he didnt hustle and get 11....

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post

As shocked as when Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, and Adrian Peterson fell out of the top 3 in their respective draft years? As much as I like Campbell (and I like him a lot) he hasn't done enough to show me that he is a lock for the top 3 next year. I'd actually be willing to be that when most scouts and draft sites come out with their preseason 2008 draft previews, Campbell isn't a top 3 prospect in most of them. Again, I like Campbell a lot. However, I think too many people are jumping the gun on the kid looking for the next Peppers or Williams.

Comment

he is the next peppers and don't you forget it

and the reason there isn't any tape on him is because Miami didn't get any National TV time last year besides the FSU game and the brawl

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              he is the next peppers and don't you forget it

and the reason there isn't any tape on him is because Miami didn't get any National TV time last year besides the FSU game and the brawl
                              WHY is what im wondering.. even if they knew they were not gonna be that good... miami always has athletes and play makers to keep games intersting.. put em on tv

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information