All-Time Draft Prospect Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Time Draft Prospect Team

This is a team made up of the greatest draft prospects ever. Whether they are HOFers or draft busts they're all on the list.

QB John Elway - He had it all. Size, speed, and one of the best arms in NFL History.

RB Bo Jackson - Possibly one of the greatest athletes ever in any sport. Bo was 6'1 235 and ran a 4.2 forty. And to top it all of, he won the Heisman

Herschel Walker – Widely regarded as one of the greatest college players ever. Carried his team to a National Championship. Had good size at 6'1 225, ran over guys but was also really fast.

WR Calvin Johnson - 6'5 235, 4.35 forty, 45 inch vert, great production eve with a crappy QB. Also a high character guy. Basically the perfect WR prospect.

Randy Moss - Was 6'4 and ran a 4.2 forty. He was an explosive playmaker who could jump out of the stadium. Was unstoppable in college.

TE Vernon Davis - An absolute freak. Davis is the definition of a physical speciment. 6'4 260 and ran a 4.38. Just scary.

OL - Tony Mandarich - The Incredible Bulk was one of the biggest freaks in draft history. Was 6'6 315 and ran a 4.6!!! Disgusting combine numbers and was a stud a MSU.

Orlando Pace - Former 1st overall pick was dominant in college. He popularized the term pancake block. He was the two-time winner of the Lombardi Award and was the Big 10 MVP. To top it all off, He was 6'7" 325 and moved very well.

Jonathan Ogden – The 1995 Outland Trophy Winner, 6’9 340lbs Ogden was a beast. He had exceptional athletisism for his size. He had a very rare combination of size and quickness. Was the 4th overall pick in 1996.

Tony Boselli – At USC, Boselli was dominant. He was 6’7 320 and played with a nasty streak. He was tall, athletic, and had everything you look for in a stud left tackle. Was the Number 2 Overall pick in 1995.

C Dave Rimington – Center for Nebraska who has the Rimington Trophy named after him for the Top Center in College football. He won the Outland trophy in his Junior and Senior seasons along with being first-team All American. Was a top 25 pick in 1983.

DE Mario Williams – An absolute freak. At 6’7 295 he ran in the 4.7-4.6 range and had a ridiculous 40.5 inch vert. Had a monster junior season. One of the biggest physical freak in NFL History.

Julius Peppers – One of the greatest athletes for his size I’ve ever seen. 6’6 280 and ran a 4.6. Put up great production and was dominant. He was also College Basketball’s 6th man of the year. He was the prototypical DE.

DT Dan Wilkinson – A 6’4 345lbs beast from The Ohio State University. An absolute monster in the middle Wilkinson had great production and was a consensus first team All-American in his junior year. Was the first pick in 1994 draft.

Buck Buchanan – The first pick in the 1963 AFL Draft, Buchanan was physically ahead of his time. At 6’7 287lbs, Buchanan was timed at an amazing 10.2 seconds in the 100 meter coming out of college; an absolutely amazing time for someone his size. Had an very rare combination of size and speed that has yet to be seen from a DT since.

LB Lawrence Taylor – The most reckless and intense player to ever to play the game, LT was unstoppable. In his senior year he had 16 sacks and set many records. He was All-American and ACC Player of the Year. At 6’3 245 and great speed Taylor was widely regarded as the top player coming into the 1981 Draft.

Dick Butkus – A two time consensus All-American, Butkus was one of the greatest players in college football history. Butkus was huge for his time at 6’3 245 and has very good size by today standards. Butkus was relentless and one of the most feared players coming out of college.

LaVar Arrington – LaVar had the perfect size for an LB, 6’3 255lbs and ran a 4.5. Arrington was a beast with freakish size speed combo. His signature play, “The Lavar Leap” displayed his great athletism. Was the winner of the Butkus and the Bednarik Awards.

CB Charles Woodson – The only defensive player to ever win the Heisman. He made spectacular INT and punt returns. Played CB, WR, KR, PR. Was the star on his National Championship team.

Deion Sanders – Primetime is often considered one of the fastest palyers in college football history along with one of the greatest athletes. He was the deintion of a shutdown corner and had amazing skill at returning kicks.

S Sean Taylor – A 6’3 225 DB is something you rarely see. Sean Taylor was one of the hardest hitters I’ve ever seen. Had the ability to take over games. He also led college football with 10 INT’s in his senior year.

Bennie Blades – Was a key part of Miami’s 1987 National Championship. Had good size at 6’1 220. Was very fast. He also won the Thorpe Award. Was the 3rd overall pick in 1988.

K Sebastian Janikowski – Had probably the strongest leg of any kicker ever. Was picked 17th overall.

Edit:

Honarable Mention
    Mike Vick
    JaMarcus Russell
    Reggie Bush
    Andre Johnson
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Kellen Winslow Jr
    Courtney Brown
    Aundray Bruce
    Tommy Nobis
    Champ Bailey
    LaRon Landry
    Last edited by TACKLE; 07-06-2007, 11:06 AM.

I ve never heard of buck buchanan, sounds impressive.
    I also think there is an argument for Reggie Bush at rb and you could add Kellen Winslow 2 to the TEs. Also another wr in Andre Johnson or Roy Williams. Maybe Robert Gallery too
    Last edited by jbeans187; 07-03-2007, 01:29 PM.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

I'd put Mike Vick over Elway as a "prospect"

Comment

Kellen Winslow Jr. was a better prospect than Vernon Davis. He didn't have a 4.38 40 but he was still the better prospect.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Kellen Winslow Jr. was a better prospect than Vernon Davis. He didn't have a 4.38 40 but he was still the better prospect.
          I think the point of this list was guys measurables. Vernon Davis' measurables murked out Kellen Winslow's.. but K2 is still the better player.

Comment

Well he said prospect, not best measurables. And it's not like Winslow wasn't physically impressive himself. Not Davis, but there aren't many of him.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              Well he said prospect, not best measurables. And it's not like Winslow wasn't physically impressive himself. Not Davis, but there aren't many of him.
              Thank you for proving my point.

He did say prospect, then went on to point out every single players "measurables" ... thats the only reason I would point Vernon ahead of K2. K2 is still the better player in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Saints View Post
                Thank you for proving my point.

He did say prospect, then went on to point out every single players "measurables" ... thats the only reason I would point Vernon ahead of K2. K2 is still the better player in my opinion.
                There is a lot more to a prospect than just measurables. Davis had amazing measurables, but Winslow had fantastic hands, great size, awareness and wasn't lacking in measurables either.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

thats a really good list

Comment

C'mon How could you put Vernon Davis in front of the F****** Soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                      There is a lot more to a prospect than just measurables. Davis had amazing measurables, but Winslow had fantastic hands, great size, awareness and wasn't lacking in measurables either.
                      I know there is more than that... but thats all the threadstarter used for his evidence. Look at every player.. it's 40 times and height weight... He's rating the best combine players at each position.

Oh, and if Winslows last name was Chang, he wouldn't have been a top 10 pick.

Comment

Is anyone saying VD doesn't have good hands?

Comment

I Would Probably Consider Putting LaRon Landry in there.
                          He's one rare Safety.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Saints View Post
                            I know there is more than that... but thats all the threadstarter used for his evidence. Look at every player.. it's 40 times and height weight... He's rating the best combine players at each position.

Oh, and if Winslows last name was Chang, he wouldn't have been a top 10 pick.
                            Are you racist against asians? No wonder Timmy Chang isn't on this list. :p

Comment

Timmy just hooked it up with extra orange chicken at the local Panda Express. Timmy go.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information