Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players drafted on high school hype

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Players drafted on high school hype

    I was just wondering if thats happened before, a player highly regarded out of high school that doesn't really pan out as thought in college gets drafted cause hes thought to have potential. I was thinking of it when Lorenzo Booker got drafted, he was thought to be the next big thing coming out of high school yet was basically average in college. Yet he was still drafted.
    Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

  • #2
    he was also on an offense that struggled and didn't have a great offensive line, they also under-utilize their Rbs

    Comment


    • #3
      DeShawn Wynn.


      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

      Comment


      • #4
        I think this is the same thing as drafting players on their combine numbers...

        ex. Highschool star with great measurables but never produces in college does good at NFL combine and thus gets drafted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Leon Washington's rookie success also helped Booker get drafted on the first day

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
            he was also on an offense that struggled and didn't have a great offensive line, they also under-utilize their Rbs
            I agree. Booker and Washington could have made a potentially disgustingly good combo if Bowden had used them properly. Throw in the fact that their o-line was a massive disappointment and that they had no QB to work with, stacks the deck against them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Didn't Al Davis draft Ronald Curry for this reason?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                Didn't Al Davis draft Ronald Curry for this reason?
                Pretty much.

                Willie Parker went undrafted but is an example of why you should do this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                  Didn't Al Davis draft Ronald Curry for this reason?
                  Well I mean an athlete like Curry why not take him in the 7th round.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I totally disagree with this theory.

                    Scouting is so advanced now, teams are not stupid to draft players on their high school days.

                    I do think Leon Washington's success did help Booker a little, showing that Washington didn't have a very good OL in college.

                    This is also going to help RBs in the 2008 draft with bad OLs: Rafael Litte/UK, Ryan Torain/ASU, and Tashard Choice, GT.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                      Didn't Al Davis draft Ronald Curry for this reason?
                      He pwn'd noobs at QB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                        I totally disagree with this theory.

                        Scouting is so advanced now, teams are not stupid to draft players on their high school days.

                        I do think Leon Washington's success did help Booker a little, showing that Washington didn't have a very good OL in college.

                        This is also going to help RBs in the 2008 draft with bad OLs: Rafael Litte/UK, Ryan Torain/ASU, and Tashard Choice, GT.
                        Eh, Torain and Choice aren't really like Booker, both have very good years last year (1200 and 1400 yard seasons) and GTs OL is pretty good.

                        That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                          Eh, Torain and Choice aren't really like Booker, both have very good years last year (1200 and 1400 yard seasons) and GTs OL is pretty good.
                          Idk, I think their OL is below average...and Choice only had that many rushing yards because they didn't want Reggie Ball throwing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                            Idk, I think their OL is below average...and Choice only had that many rushing yards because they didn't want Reggie Ball throwing.
                            I've heard and read numerous prognosticators predict GT's offensive line as one of the best in the game. They're returning four starters.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wonder if any teams thought about drafting Allen Iverson just for laughs.



                              Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                              i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information