Anything new on Jeff Samardzija?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything new on Jeff Samardzija?

Samardzija is now in the bullpen for the Peoria Chiefs as his 2nd year of pro baseball has continued to be incosistant. I pose this question. Are there teams that will be callig him about his services yet?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Jeff will not play football; he has alot of guaranteed money in baseball

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
      Samardzija is now in the bullpen for the Peoria Chiefs as his 2nd year of pro baseball has continued to be incosistant. I pose this question. Are there teams that will be callig him about his services yet?
      hes doing terrible.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

He is stupid. I would prefer to be a star and make good money than be 'just another guy' and make a ton.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

if he goes back to football he has to pay the cubs back alot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            He is stupid. I would prefer to be a star and make good money than be 'just another guy' and make a ton.
            ...because he was such a sure thing in football as well

Comment

makes me think of Drew Henson

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                Jeff will not play football; he has alot of guaranteed money in baseball
                Yes thats true, but are the Cubs willing to put up the cash for a few more season of average or below average stats? If they release him then the cash would be his if I am not mistaken, which would leave him free to pursue NFL possibilities right?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

He shouldn't have expected to do that good so early anyways. Give him a few years, then if he can't pitch he'll change to football.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    ...because he was such a sure thing in football as well
                    He was a first round pick possetion reciever, and viewed as close to a sure thing as far as production. A poor mans Larry Fitzgerald is what a lot of people said. He had a much better shot to be a probowler than an allstar.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

If I had to choose between the two for me personally it would be baseball. Guaranteed money with larger contracts on top of that plus less wear and tear on the body.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        He was a first round pick possetion reciever, and viewed as close to a sure thing as far as production. A poor mans Larry Fitzgerald is what a lot of people said. He had a much better shot to be a probowler than an allstar.
                        Nothing is a sure thing, he wasn't guaranteed to be doing anything special in the NFL....

I guess I'm just most critical of your original assumption, and that you claim you'd choose football over baseball in his situation. Saying you'd rather have the pride or glory over the money is one thing...actually taking the pride over the money is another. I'd have a hard time believing that few if any people on here would actaully make that choice, when I'm sure that he personally was just as confident in his own baseball skills as he was his football skills.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          If I had to choose between the two for me personally it would be baseball. Guaranteed money with larger contracts on top of that plus less wear and tear on the body.

thank you, it was the same decision for bo jackson as well...baseball pays alot more to the best athletes, and the mediocre athletes are paid alot higher then mediocre football athletes, especially with him being a pitches...

he could play WR in the NFL, and take that punishment day in and out for a long time to come, or he could be a pitcher, make more money, and not even have to play every day with no physical contact...hmmm wonder what id take

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                            Nothing is a sure thing, he wasn't guaranteed to be doing anything special in the NFL....

I guess I'm just most critical of your original assumption, and that you claim you'd choose football over baseball in his situation. Saying you'd rather have the pride or glory over the money is one thing...actually taking the pride over the money is another. I'd have a hard time believing that few if any people on here would actaully make that choice, when I'm sure that he personally was just as confident in his own baseball skills as he was his football skills.
                            I guarantee I would choose the NFL, but that is just because I think football is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>more fun than baseball.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

JS made a good choice. He's getting more guaranteed, a better signing bonus, and there isn't nearly as much pressure in the minors as there is in the majors.

I read he was just ranked as a top 150 prospect in the minors by Baseball America.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information