#1 overall pick 2008=Erik Ainge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 overall pick 2008=Erik Ainge

Do you guys think Erik Ainge has #1 overall pick potential, because I think with a good year he will be the top pick in the draft. Please, no one mention Brohm because the scouts are going to pick him apart when the draft rolls around. Also, I don't think Mcfadden will go #1 because how many backs get chosen #1 overall.

I think he has great potential to be a freist round pick... but i think if everyone goes down brutally... dorsey, baker or long could go #1.... but McFadden has a strong chance to.. as long as he stays injury free... but brohm will get picked apart

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I don't see it. He's got some good tools to work with, and has really turned his act around in the maturity department, but I haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he's special. 1st round pick I could see, maybe even top half of the first round if he has a really good senior season, but I can't see #1 overall at all. One thing he has to do is show he's more durable. He's supposedly a pretty solid 220-225 now, so maybe that will help, who knows.

Comment

Probably not #1, but top 10 is possible. A strong arm along with great accuracy, just needs to sure up his decision making which made huge strides in his junior year.

Comment

I dont se it at all, who knows how high the demand for quarterbacks will be but I doubt very high. I think he's a second rounder poss third rounder. Brohm will be the #1 qb followed poss by Brennen, I just dont see 3 qbs goin in round 1. Again I think he is a second rounder. Watch for Long to go #1.
          Last edited by Man_Of_Steel; 07-19-2007, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Correction

#1 overall pick 2008 = Andre Woodson

Comment

I'm really not a fan of any of next years QBs. Very weak year up top, with a few low first/2nd rounders. Brohm will drop to 10 or so, maybe lower. Then you have a ton of QBs with a ton of concerns in Henne (inconsistency, size), Ainge (bulk, injury concerns, 'wow' factor), Woodson (don't know a ton about him, but off numbers he is solid all around), Brennen (size, system). Weak top draft for QB IMO.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Ainge is a Day 1 pick, but to say that he has #1 pick potential is absurd.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I really liked Ainge as a freshman and he bounced back as a junior but I doubt he will ever live down that '05 campaign. First rounder? Possibly. #1 overall? Very doubtful.
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                  www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Pretty sure Atlanta will be selecting Brian Brohm at #1.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Pretty sure Atlanta will be selecting Brian Brohm at #1.
                      It's funny because if they only win 6 games that will put them in the 5-10 range and it will cost them a whole lot more than the two 2nd rounders they got for Schaub to move up for a chance at Brohm.

Even without this latest incident Vick was far from a model citizen and, in my opinion, a poor fit in Bobby Petrino's offense so they are going to regret dealing Schaub for a long time.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                        It's funny because if they only win 6 games that will put them in the 5-10 range and it will cost them a whole lot more than the two 2nd rounders they got for Schaub to move up for a chance at Brohm.

Even without this latest incident Vick was far from a model citizen and, in my opinion, a poor fit in Bobby Petrino's offense so they are going to regret dealing Schaub for a long time.
                        But they could get Brennan! :D

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          Correction

#1 overall pick 2008 = Chad Henne
                          that my friend is a correction

Comment

I have a biased opinion on this subject, and still i am saying no way he is even top 10. He is 6'6 like 210, so he has good height, but bad size. He is very INCONSISTENT, and now he has some durability issues with his knee, though I see him being able to eventually become a starter(maybe), but he is not a first round talent imo.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Ainge is a Day 1 pick, but to say that he has #1 pick potential is absurd.
                              Exactly.

Brennan, Brohm, Woodson and potentially Henne should be drafted ahead of Ainge and I can't see all 4 of them going in the 1st round to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information