JP Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Wilson

Im a fan of the Crimson Tide, and I think that JP Wilson could have a pretty good season this year. Hes got DJ Hall back, Keith Brown and possibly Tyrone Prothro, not to mention that hes got Nick Saban on the bench. Hes got pretty good weapons. The only thing lacking may be a run game, as losing Ken Darby hurts. I really think he is a good pro-prospect, and I want to know where he stands. I dont think hes that high on many peoples boards, but I think he could be a heck of a sleeper. What do you think?

He impressed me last year he looked really sharp against LSU's defense. I think he's a good sleeper pick as well. Though I don't know how Saban being on the bench helps him since Saban is known as a defensive coach.

I'm just glad your not saying he could be the #1 overall pick like the Tim Tebow and Eric Ainge homers are.
    Last edited by constant cough; 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by constant cough View Post
      He impressed me last year he looked really sharp against LSU's defense. I think he's a good sleeper pick as well. Though I don't know how Saban being on the bench helps him since Saban is known as a defensive coach.
      Im just saying tho, Saban is Saban and he seems to make things work. Maybe I should've referred to this staff more than him.

Comment

2006 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games for the Tide at quarterback. Finished the season with a passing efficiency of 126.51, completing 216-of-379 passes for 2,707 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He threw for over 200 yards in the first seven games of the season setting a new school record and finished with nine 200-yard games. Wilson also recorded 82 carries for 83 yards. Set school records for passing yards, pass attempts, touchdown passes and pass completions in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
          Im a fan of the Crimson Tide, and I think that JP Wilson could have a pretty good season this year. Hes got DJ Hall back, Keith Brown and possibly Tyrone Prothro, not to mention that hes got Nick Saban on the bench. Hes got pretty good weapons. The only thing lacking may be a run game, as losing Ken Darby hurts. I really think he is a good pro-prospect, and I want to know where he stands. I dont think hes that high on many peoples boards, but I think he could be a heck of a sleeper. What do you think?
          I thought Prothro would never play again. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

2006 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games for the Tide at quarterback. Finished the season with a passing efficiency of 126.51, completing 216-of-379 passes for 2,707 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He threw for over 200 yards in the first seven games of the season setting a new school record and finished with nine 200-yard games. Wilson also recorded 82 carries for 83 yards. Set school records for passing yards, pass attempts, touchdown passes and pass completions in a season.
            As a sophomore in the SEC that is quite impressive

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think Ross sucks, that's what I think...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                I think Ross sucks, that's what I think...
                Ya well you guys wont win the championships this year. lol, just kidding, good luck there.

Seriously, I have a feeling he may be the cream of the crop in the SEC this year. I just think that. I feel that even with or without Prothro, he still has Hall and Brown and enough weapons on offense.

Comment

Seriously, I have a feeling he may be the cream of the crop in the SEC this year.
                  I think Andre Woodson might have something to say about that.

Comment

I think Andre Woodson might have something to say about that.
                    I was just gonna say Andre Woodson says hello. Brandon Coz, Tim Tebow, Matt Flynn all play in the SEC too last I checked.

Comment

Tebow is going to have to prove to me that he can effectively and consitantly throw the ball down the field before I consider him one of the better QB's in the SEC. As of now he's been more of a RB.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        I was just gonna say Andre Woodson says hello. Brandon Coz, Tim Tebow, Matt Flynn all play in the SEC too last I checked.
                        Erik Ainge, Ryan Perrilloux & Blake Mitchell also say Hi.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Erik Ainge, Ryan Perrilloux & Blake Mitchell also say Hi.
                          Sorry I forgot those guys. I was just going off the top of my head.

Comment

Ya I understand where you guys are coming from. But Im just basing this off of his stats last year, and this was a sophmore playing in the SEC and doing what he did which was pretty good. Then to see guys like Tebow and Flynn come in who havent had the experience that Wilson has. I think it will be a good SEC, as usual, and I think that JP Wilson will bring Alabama back to the top. I dont think Auburn has it to beat Bama this year, although those games are always good. Gonna be good.

Comment

I'd have him third best QB in the conference this year, behind Ainge and Woodson.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information