Offensive Rookie of the Year Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Rookie of the Year Predictions

This has been talked about at length before, but hadn't seen any discussion of it lately. Obviously it would make much more sense to discuss after camps\preseason, but it's always fun to predict these kinds of things, even at this time of year.

Offensive-Top Candidates(no order)
    Dwayne Bowe-Apparently he had a bit of a shaky minicamp, but I'm confident Bowe will be starting come the beginning of the season. The more tape I see of him, the more impressed I am....he's a true physical specimen and a tremendous athlete with awesome hands (most of the time). The Chiefs don't have a whole lot to work with at WR, and I really see this guy having a big year. IMO, provided Huard and\or Croyle are tossing the skin with reasonable accuracy, 1,000+\8-10+ is not out of the question for Bowe.
    Adrian Peterson-Probably a fixture on everyone's list, as he should be. The only things potentially standing in his way are a dismal passing game that will allow defenses to stack the box and the presence of Chester Taylor. The passing game should improve over last season (though still probably not be all that great) with the addition of Sidney Rice and the maturity of Tarvaris Jackson, and it is my belief that AD will replace Taylor atop the depth chart relatively early in the season, as he is just that good.
    Marshawn Lynch-In one of the more advantageous situations of any rookie out there, coming to a team that just offloaded their franchise back. I don't think Lynch will ever be an elite NFL back, but he is definitely in a position to deliver right away in Buffalo and he's a tough,tough runner with great size and athleticism and a little speed to boot.
    CJ-If there is ever a player in the NFL I have sympathized with, it's Mike Furrey, because no player deserves to be benched after leading the NFC in receptions and having a career year. CJ is just too good to not be starting when the season rolls around, and after adding an explosive Tatum Bell to the mix, the Lions are ready to win some games with their high powered offense. CJ will be an integral part of that, and may even be better than Roy Williams by season's end.
    Greg Olsen-Perhaps the steal of the draft at 31, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Olsen had a huge year next year. Rex Grossman isn't exactly the ideal signal caller for him, but bad QB's\QB's that lack confidence tend to rely on their tight ends more than they should anyway, so that might help Olsen out.
    Wild Cards
    Ginn-I know he's got some work to do as a receiver, but his speed cannot be held back and I see him finding the endzone as a WR in his first year an appreciable number of times. Add in the minimum of 2 return td's (and yes I think that's basically a guarantee provided a full season with this guy) and a potential rushing TD or two, and I could see Ginn putting together a nice season flavored with the kind of versatility that the press ooos and awes over.
    Sidney Rice-I know, I know. He's got a terrible QB and he's got some work to do. With those things said, I really believe Rice will be the second best WR out of this class when all is said and done, and maybe the Vikes passing game will wise up sooner than expected. If they do, watch out--Rice will take the league by storm. What people fail to realize about Sidney is just how good of an athlete he is. That special athleticism combined with his tremendous hands and absurdly good ability to adjust\torque his body in the air to adjust to balls is what made me put him on this list.
    Last edited by schmiddog; 07-26-2007, 03:12 PM.
    Check out my blog and website:
    www.4thand99.com

Even though it might be a popular pick, I'm gonna go with Marshawn.

Comment

Brandon Jackson RB GB is a sleeper.
      Craig Davis WR SD
      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Steve Smith

Comment

I went Marshawn Lynch on Offense and his teammate Paul Posluzsny on defense.

I have all my predictions in the link below BTW. A bit early, but what the heck.

Comment

Calvin Johnson is still my pick

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Brandon Jackson for Green Bay is my pick.

Comment

Either Marshawn Lynch or Brandon Jackson.

If Vernand Morency plays a large role in the Packers offense than I definetly see it going to Lynch.

Comment

Two people have mentioned Jackson so far. Eerie. Most people don't even know about it.

He's a contender I suppose but Morency could easily get the bulk of the workload at HB which would diminish any chance Jackson would have at winning OROY.

Comment

Greg Olsen cause I'm a homer.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                      Steve Smith
                      I actually almost put him on there, but Eli's struggles combined with the fact that Plax will be the #1 and Shockey will have a lot of grabs is going to compromise his ability to put up big numbers, even if he is polished, consistent, and ready to make an immediate impact
                      www.4thand99.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                        Brandon Jackson RB GB is a sleeper.
                        Craig Davis WR SD
                        Originally posted by GoinDeepWithCJ View Post
                        Either Marshawn Lynch or Brandon Jackson.

If Vernand Morency plays a large role in the Packers offense than I definetly see it going to Lynch.
                        Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        Two people have mentioned Jackson so far. Eerie. Most people don't even know about it.

He's a contender I suppose but Morency could easily get the bulk of the workload at HB which would diminish any chance Jackson would have at winning OROY.
                        I honestly dont understand the reasoning, but okay

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          My reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post

I don't really get it either. I could see him having a nice year, but OROY worthy? Probably not. As far as RB's go, AD and Marshawn easily have the best chance.
                            www.4thand99.com

Comment

I like Marshawn because Buffalo has spent some money on that offensive line. The only other guys on that offense that are any good are JP Losman and Lee Evans. Hence, I believe a lot of their offensive success will lie on Marshawn Lynch and the running game.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information