PJ Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ Hill

Anyone watch this guy a lot? I love the production and size, but haven't seen him play outside of the Wisconsin-Arkansas game, in which he didn't do too well. Wondering if he has speed/ athleticism (for his size) and vision to be a good prospect.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    Anyone watch this guy a lot? I love the production and size, but haven't seen him play outside of the Wisconsin-Arkansas game, in which he didn't do too well. Wondering if he has speed/ athleticism (for his size) and vision to be a good prospect.
    Eh, I don't think so. He seems to fit the mold of the great Badger backs before him. He's a beast in college, but I'm not sure if he can carry his success over to the pros.

Comment

agreed... even being the huge UW fan that I am.. he's kinda like Ron Dayne in a way I guess

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
        agreed... even being the huge UW fan that I am.. he's kinda like Ron Dayne in a way I guess
        Exactly, he's Ron Dayne version 2.0

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Well, that's disappointing. He's still doing good for himself though, Rivals had him as a 2 star prospect and now he's a big time college player and at least will get drafted in all likelihood (sp).
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Well, that's disappointing. He's still doing good for himself though, Rivals had him as a 2 star prospect and now he's a big time college player and at least will get drafted in all likelihood (sp).

He'll get drafted once he's done with school but I think NFL teams will be a bit more hesitant to select him given his similarities to Dayne

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

He didn't do well against a couple of good teams, like Arkansas and Michigan. He's slow but I could see him being a poor man's Jamal Lewis (old school)

Comment

He probably fits the 2-4th round range. I think he could go as high as late-middle of the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  Exactly, he's Ron Dayne version 2.0
                  i think he is similar to dayne in the fact he is huge... but he is numble on his feet and i think he will surprise.. i really belive he is far mosre athletic than dayne ever was

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

i hate player school comparisons bringing down prospects ala penn state with LJ. i really think you need to evaluate players based on production against elite comp as opposed to a beefy RB from a decade ago

Comment

Originally posted by GREENSMACKS View Post
                      i hate player school comparisons bringing down prospects ala penn state with LJ. i really think you need to evaluate players based on production against elite comp as opposed to a beefy RB from a decade ago
                      I disagree. First, the Penn St RB theory was junk to begin with. The failure of their RB's had a lot more to do with injuries than the school they came from and pro scouts and GM's knew that. It was just unknowledgable fans who believed it. However, the Spurrier WR theory and the Tedford QB theory are sound and believe me pro scouts and GM's are very wary of the players who play those positions for those HC's. That's why Rice fell to round 2.
                      The reason the theory is sound in a lot of instances, is because each spring college HC's put their best freshmen in certain positions. Over the years, pro scouts and GM's come to know where college HC's put their best freshmen. The longer you are a college HC, the more obvious it becomes where you place your better players.
                      In Hill's case, I think the comparison to past RB's is irrelevant because Wisconsin has a new HC and nobody knows his tendancies just yet. The comparison has absolutely nothing to do with the school and everything to do with the HC. Pro scouts and GM's will judge Hill on his merrit until such time as the new Wisconsin HC shows his tendancies,
                      Don't get me wrong, Rice had his opportunities in the post season to prove he was worth a 1st round pick and not just another Spurrier WR, but he would have had to prove that to pro scouts and GM's before they'd draft him in round 1 and he failed the test.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Definitely a guy who will get drafted, but he's not quite starting material at the next level. I could see him being a situational guy, he is quite a pounder
                        Check out my blog and website:
                        www.4thand99.com

Comment

Originally posted by schmiddog View Post
                          Definitely a guy who will get drafted, but he's not quite starting material at the next level. I could see him being a situational guy, he is quite a pounder
                          He isn't necessarily a power back though. That's where the Dayne comparison comes in, he doesn't run as you would expect for his size.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                            i think he is similar to dayne in the fact he is huge... but he is numble on his feet and i think he will surprise.. i really belive he is far mosre athletic than dayne ever was
                            That was Dayne's whole problem though. He didn't run like a big back, with power. He tried to dance through holes. He thought he had speed or was shifty. That's why I see a similiarity with Hill and Dayne. They run very similiarly.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                              I disagree. First, the Penn St RB theory was junk to begin with. The failure of their RB's had a lot more to do with injuries than the school they came from and pro scouts and GM's knew that. It was just unknowledgable fans who believed it. However, the Spurrier WR theory and the Tedford QB theory are sound and believe me pro scouts and GM's are very wary of the players who play those positions for those HC's. That's why Rice fell to round 2.
                              The reason the theory is sound in a lot of instances, is because each spring college HC's put their best freshmen in certain positions. Over the years, pro scouts and GM's come to know where college HC's put their best freshmen. The longer you are a college HC, the more obvious it becomes where you place your better players.
                              In Hill's case, I think the comparison to past RB's is irrelevant because Wisconsin has a new HC and nobody knows his tendancies just yet. The comparison has absolutely nothing to do with the school and everything to do with the HC. Pro scouts and GM's will judge Hill on his merrit until such time as the new Wisconsin HC shows his tendancies,
                              Don't get me wrong, Rice had his opportunities in the post season to prove he was worth a 1st round pick and not just another Spurrier WR, but he would have had to prove that to pro scouts and GM's before they'd draft him in round 1 and he failed the test.
                              I read that a couple times and still don't understand what your tryin to say.
                              What do coaches putting there best freshman on the field have to do with P.J. Hill being compared to previous Wisconsin backs and his pro potential?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information