Jon Abbate as a FB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Abbate as a FB

Appears the former Wake Forest LB has been converted to FB by the Texans, why and when?
    Last edited by NYGIANTSFAN_UK; 08-05-2007, 02:18 PM.

Isnt he a top prospect?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      Isnt he a top prospect?
      He entered the previous draft.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN_UK View Post
        Appears the former Wake Forest LB has been converted to FB by the Texans, why and when?
        why? has he shown the ability to block? i mean he was a good linebacker... give him a shot man

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

i think he got drafted as a FB even though he was a LB.. or that may be someone else
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Oliver Hoyte?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
              why? has he shown the ability to block? i mean he was a good linebacker... give him a shot man
              yeah, really. I liked wacthing him at LB.

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                i think he got drafted as a FB even though he was a LB.. or that may be someone else
                na i was wrong he did get drafted as a LB but moved because the Texans needed depth to Vonta Leech at FB...

High marks for Abbate
                If Gary Kubiak had to pinpoint "surprise players" in training camp, Jon Abbate's name would be at the top of the list.

The Texans shifted the rookie Wake Forest from linebacker to fullback, and the transition has been smoother than they ever predicted. With Jameel Cook on the physically-unable-to-perform list, Abbate has the opportunity to be a backup to Vonta Leach.

"It's been special," Kubiak said. "You take a kid from defense and put that much pressure on him, and put him on the offensive side of the ball, you got a short window to try to impress us. He can play in this league at fullback. I know one thing, our team knows he'll hit somebody, and that counts for a lot. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and we'll see how the preseason goes, but the kid's made up a lot of ground."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5020573.html
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

i thought he had a chance to be a good linebacker

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

That's actually a great decision, He just didn't have the great tools to be an NFL linebacker but he's a hard worker, tough and loves to hit people, perfect for a Fullback if you ask me.

Comment

I've seen undersized (short) linebackers converted to fullback at the HS and college level. It's often an unexpected success because of the intensity they bring. Abbate can crack a roster at FB if he works hard enough.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

he went undrafted. I really liked him as a LB, he was gret for wake but the demands of top notch nfl size caught up with him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

He should not have left early.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, they had that in the papers a couple weeks ago. I was really excited when I heard bout it cause they was no way he'd make the roster at LB but now he has a legit shot at being the #2 FB and getting to be a ST guy. Jameel Cook was pretty awful last season and might not make the team as he isn't one of those banger FBs, whereas Abbate has shown that capability.

Comment

That happened to Mike McFadden of GVSU.. the kid played DT/DE/OLB was a top 3-4 OLB Prospect and got signed by Tampa to be a FB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information