Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft Thread

There you go doingthisinsteadofwork.

I'm a Cowboy fan but I would love to see Puz and Connor reunited. I don't know if I could handle it.

I'm still holding out for the Boys to get the #1 pick and select McFadden, it would be so perfect.

terrell thomas first cb taken... i likey.

Comment

I'll say again a mock that has the Boys taking Phillips and Stewart will get no complaints from me for now. We have to see how everything unfolds, but I still like.

Comment

McFadden looks good but Id hate to see us picking first again.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
          Don't get too hung up on the draft order.

As I mentioned in another thread the order was compiled by averaging out a number of power rankings (PFW, Peter King, etc.)

With these realy early mocks my main goal is to get the first round caliber players in the right general area, even if the team need isn't an exact fit.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
            they'll be there until they address the trenches. they need to start drafting football players and worry about their athletic feats 2nd. 40 times aren't everything.

I don't like the Chargers taking a CB in the first. They need to address NT and possibly RB. McCree isn't getting any younger either so maybe a FS/SS depending on where Weddle settles out. Also, OG is getting a bit old. They will probably address Goff's spot or move Olivea inside and draft a RT.

My Top 5:
            1. Frank Okam
            2. Red Bryant
            3. Andre Brown
            4. Mike Jenkins(cb/fs)
            5. Shannon Tevaga

I also don't think there's a snow balls chance in hell Doucet runs a 4.5. What ever happened to Xavier Carter, btw?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
            Titty sprinkles

Comment

Like you predicted Scott I'm not a fan of the eagles pick, I'd much rather someone like Rivers or Brinkley, who could be the future replacements for Spikes and Trotter respectively (unless Omar Gaither proves something this season).

With the possibility of William James entering FA we might be in a strong need for a nickel CB and with Cason there that could be a good choice.

Also LJ Smith is entering his contract year as well so TE might be a very good possibility as well. Someone like Fred Davis.
              Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 08-06-2007, 04:12 PM.

Comment

We're not going to a 4-3.

Tomlin has stated time and time again he's sticking with the 3-4.

Though we could use Tommy Blake, as he'll be our WOLB/4-3 RDE.

Timmons is supposed to be shifting to RILB.. Foote to LILB and Woodley is our future at LOLB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I'd rather see us working on our defense as I think Droughns will be the primary backup and Bradshaw has had a great showing so far this offseason so i think we should atleast wait until we've given him a chance to fail. In the mean time I think we should look at the D, I could see us taking an UT, a CB, a FS or even a stud WLB who would move Wilkinson back inside to back up AP.

Comment

Amazing Falcons pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                      they'll be there until they address the trenches. they need to start drafting football players and worry about their athletic feats 2nd. 40 times aren't everything.
                      Uhh lets see we signed Carlisle and Newberry.And we drafted Henderson.Not to mention we brought in Cable as our Oline coach.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

eww slaton to the Giants. ewww- to understand why i hate this pic, look into my sig...
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

i don't really like the early doucet to the niners pick. i believe that there is a much bigger need at FS where we have mark roman starting than at WR where we have two consistent WRs in darrell jackson and arnaz battle starting. then, we have rookie jason hill who has the physical tools to succeed, 2nd year player brandon williams who hasn't been given the chance to play yet but holds the receiving record at wisconsin, marcus maxwell who tore up nfl europe and hasn't gotten a chance yet, etc.

whereas, with all of that, at FS we have mark roman is a vet but not that great, keith lewis is backing him up and the coaches want him to be able to be 100% to play special teams as he is great there. after that we have 2nd year player marcus hudson who could be playing corner or safety know, i am not really sure. then, this year's 6th round pick dashon goldson might not make the team

Comment

Despite having serious doubts that we will be looking for a safety, I think I would soil myself if our 1st round turned out like that. I do think there's a good chance we'll be looking for a RB, and getting Stewart at 22 would be tremendous. You're right though, it'd be hard to pass on Phillips and it's pretty tough at this point to accurately project what our biggest needs will be come selection time. But I do know that our coaching staff greatly values a veteran presence at the FS position, and many of us like our current youth at the position as well. But yeah, who knows.

Comment

Very happy with the Packers' selection. After Harris and Woodson, who are no longer youngsters, they aren't really any backup corners that possess the ability to be an effective DB in the NFL.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information